• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

I think most everyone has been busy with other games like COD4 and Blue Dragon....well, maybe purge and I are the only ones playing Blue Dragon....but we were talking about Chromehounds the other day on COD4. I'm sure we'll be playing it again soon.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I am ready to go RIGHT NOW.

Got my hound with 3 HW300s and 3 analaces.

Not the quickest of the bunch but he delivers the payload.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I think most everyone has been busy with other games like COD4 and Blue Dragon....well, maybe purge and I are the only ones playing Blue Dragon....but we were talking about Chromehounds the other day on COD4. I'm sure we'll be playing it again soon.

Hey mang, I still got my copy of Chromehounds and my shotties loaded. I just have crazy bad timing. Drop me an XBL message with the Country, PW, and Clannad Name.

Also, Blue Dragon is fucking amazing.

Trasher

BenjaminBirdie said:
Hey mang, I still got my copy of Chromehounds and my shotties loaded. I just have crazy bad timing. Drop me an XBL message with the Country, PW, and Clannad Name.

The shotgun hounds don't work as well as they did anymore. :(

And btw, I finally got in to COD4, so I may be playing that right when I get back. I will either be back tonight or tomorrow, so you guys should be ready to play some COD4!!! errrrr......I mean Chromehounds!

Trasher

BenjaminBirdie said:

I'll just post the info here.

PW: LB RB LT RT

Squad Name: NeoGAF Brigade

Trasher said:
The shotgun hounds don't work as well as they did anymore. :(

And btw, I finally got in to COD4, so I may be playing that right when I get back. I will either be back tonight or tomorrow, so you guys should be ready to play some COD4!!! errrrr......I mean Chromehounds!

Man, how did everyone get the COD4 betaz. It's all everyone seems to be playing these days.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'll still play, but it will be tough with CoD4 and other stuff out right now. I should be able to get in a few rounds tonight though.

Trasher

BenjaminBirdie said:
Man, how did everyone get the COD4 betaz. It's all everyone seems to be playing these days.
I believe you can still get in. I just got in yesterday because they are releasing beta keys in waves.

Yeah I'd like to join but I'm a real noob and kinda need help building a hound. But I would love to play with an active group. So can a noob join?

Chichikov

Rahxephon91 said:
Yeah I'd like to join but I'm a real noob and kinda need help building a hound. But I would love to play with an active group. So can a noob join?
We have a Highlander like system in place, so you'll need to behead Joates (while Hitler sings Princes of The Universe through his communicator).
But remember, killing Joates will grant you all of his skills and abilities, which some people don't consider a good thing.

don't worry, we're easy and we got room, not sure about people at the moment, most of them are playing COD beta, stupid beta, if you like it so much, why don't you all marry it?

Joates

Banned
Chichikov said:
We have a Highlander like system in place, so you'll need to behead Joates (while Hitler sings Princes of The Universe through his communicator).
But remember, killing Joates will grant you all of his skills and abilities, which some people don't consider a good thing.

don't worry, we're easy and we got room, not sure about people at the moment, most of them are playing COD beta, stupid beta, if you like it so much, why don't you all marry it?

:lol As though that could actually happen (Killing Joates) :lol

Chichikov

Joates said:
:lol As though that could actually happen (Killing Joates) :lol
I see you didn't learn any lesson from The Highlander.
Too bad.

5y7hm6x.png

Trasher

Captain Jebus said:
Bleh I can't find the Gaf brigade anywhere : (
Just watch this thread. We usually post on here before we get on. I believe our gamertags are posted throughout the thread too if you want to message one of us.

anyone still playing even with Halo 3? :(
i finally got a gold account, my messenger kit should arrive quickly now.

Edit: Gamertag: MistakenMobius
GMT +1

Beavertown

Garbage
MistakenMobius said:
anyone still playing even with Halo 3? :(
i finally got a gold account, my messenger kit should arrive quickly now.

Edit: Gamertag: MistakenMobius
GMT +1

It's starting to pick back up now.. no one stays away from Crackhounds for long.

Kingpen

I regret to say that I have strayed from the dark side again and have traded in my copy of Chomehounds... Too many other good multiplayer games to devote attention to this winter... Was a very fun honeymoon while it lasted though...

Joates

Banned
Sorry to bump this old thread, but this game is timeless, so the thread is too.

Chromehounds Holiday Reunion Tour '07

The best of the best are being called back to form the most killer 'hound crew known to the citizens of Neromious(?). Seriously, would the old crew be willing to get back together for the fans? And when is best for everyone?

Joates said:
Sorry to bump this old thread, but this game is timeless, so the thread is too.

Chromehounds Holiday Reunion Tour '07

The best of the best are being called back to form the most killer 'hound crew known to the citizens of Neromious(?). Seriously, would the old crew be willing to get back together for the fans? And when is best for everyone?

I really want to get back in and make it onto the squad and not miss out because of a nation switch like I have EVERY OTHER TIME.

Chichikov

I'm all for some Chromehounds action, but with all these great games coming out, I'm guessing it will be pretty hard to pull.

also, what about a sequel dammit?

Chichikov

Hopwell?
it's Hapoel.
הפועל.
As demonstrated in this picture:
8fuac1t.jpg

WHAT'S MY NAME BITCH? WHAT'S MY NAME?!?

p.s.
I still didn't have time to even try CoD4 online, hopefully I can hop on tonight and curse you all in weird unintelligible Blaki-esque insults.
That would surely get you moving to CH.

Edit: I also must shoot Hitler in the back for recommending Blue Dragon.

RoH

People still play, but all the posers have evaporated. You will have to join a Squad and learn the ropes very fast. Other then that is the best Mech game behind Mech Warrior. Does any one have any info on a sequel?

lionelhutz

RoH said:
People still play, but all the posers have evaporated. You will have to join a Squad and learn the ropes very fast. Other then that is the best Mech game behind Mech Warrior. Does any one have any info on a sequel?

No free for all modes or anything?

RoH said:

Best guess on a sequel is this E3. The original game will be 2 years old come early August. It was succesful and From has been very quiet so I'm thinking forgone conclusion.

RoH

lionelhutz said:
No free for all modes or anything?

They have a FFA mode, but most people that I played with were in the Neroimus wars. FFA seems week and I think players made really crappy cheap Hounds. You will see this in the Neroimus wars but most of them will die if you are with a good Squad.
Nothing like dominating a whole Nation with your faction.

Best guess on a sequel is this E3. The original game will be 2 years old come early August. It was succesful and From has been very quiet so I'm thinking forgone conclusion.

Nice I cant wait! I really hope they have a PS3 version, or port the old one.

Kuran

Banned
Talked my friend into this game.. I've had it since launch but never got into it. Now I'm actually super excited about starting over!

Trasher

chespace said:
How did that go for you.

What are the builds folks are using these days?
Every game I played had a different build. My sniper beat about half of them, maybe more.

Che, we should revive this shit. :D

Beavertown

Garbage
chespace said:
How did that go for you.

What are the builds folks are using these days?

The tanks with 4 howies and 2 snipes seem to still be really popular. Other than that, you have your sniper with grenade mix, your cannon with grenade mix, straight cannon mech monsters called sidewinders, due to their offset cannons on the side and then of course you have the triple singles that devastate you if you get in too close.

The city maps are still dominated by nothing but grenadiers. Hate fucking grenades, wish they would nerf the fuck out of them.

The AR mechs have seemed to die off, hardly ever run into those fuckers anymore, but once in awhile someone will pop up with a good one and kick my ass.

The game does seem to be experiencing a revival of sorts. You can generally find missions in the war for 2 to 5 players pretty easily and there seem to be more noobish to average people playing rather than the elite squads of the past.

Chichikov

Beavertown said:
The tanks with 4 howies and 2 snipes seem to still be really popular. Other than that, you have your sniper with grenade mix, your cannon with grenade mix, straight cannon mech monsters called sidewinders, due to their offset cannons on the side and then of course you have the triple singles that devastate you if you get in too close.

The city maps are still dominated by nothing but grenadiers. Hate fucking grenades, wish they would nerf the fuck out of them.

The AR mechs have seemed to die off, hardly ever run into those fuckers anymore, but once in awhile someone will pop up with a good one and kick my ass.

The game does seem to be experiencing a revival of sorts. You can generally find missions in the war for 2 to 5 players pretty easily and there seem to be more noobish to average people playing rather than the elite squads of the past.
Sound pretty fucking sweet.
If anyone want to have a quick comeback before we all get swept by the crazy holiday lineup I'm always game.
There's always room for some Chromehounds love in the Chichikov household.

Warm Machine said:

Damn, wish my prediction came true. Why have I seen a new Armored Core but no new Chrome Hounds?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I'd play this game but I'm so out of the loop with builds nowadays.

Somebody get me a good build and I'm in.

Chichikov

chespace said:
I'd play this game but I'm so out of the loop with builds nowadays.

Somebody get me a good build and I'm in.
Last time we played everybody stole my build, another one wouldn't matter ;).
Though I have no clue if there was another patch since then.

Trasher

Chichikov said:
Last time we played everybody stole my build, another one wouldn't matter ;).
Though I have no clue if there was another patch since then.
When I got on I downloaded a patch. The last time I played though was last summer.

Trasher said:
I played this game tonight. LOL

WTB Chromehounds 2

I havent popped this in for quite some time. Is there any sort community left of it?

The 3 different squads I've joined have all moved on to other things. It's a shame, this is one of the deepest online experiences you'll ever play.

THIS DESERVES A SEQUEL.

Chichikov

Trasher said:
When I got on I downloaded a patch. The last time I played though was last summer.
I just got a patch as well.
But I can't find any info on a patch after April 2007, I'm almost certain last time we played was just before the Halo 3 beta.
Oh well.
Anyway, I'm up for some good ol' Chromhounds action after the football if anyone's game.

Kingpen

you guys have most likely played a bunch of games since the last time you fired up Chromehounds. The patches only stay on the internal cache for so long before they are overwritten by patches for other games. You most likely are re-downloading the same patch you did in April 07.

As for me, I'm not rebuying this game for the 4th time... I'll put any mech desires into AC4A

Chromehounds is a very fond memory though, probably the most time I have spent on a 360 LIVE game, and I'll pay off Chromehounds 2 the first day it is available for preorder if it ever gets announced.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oh shit son, saw this thread bumped to the first page and was hoping there was a revival. Anyway, I still have the game and am always down to play.

Chichikov

Kingpen said:
As for me, I'm not rebuying this game for the 4th time... I'll put any mech desires into AC4A
4th time a charm!

Anyway, popped in for a bit, surprisingly, quite a lot of activity there, plenty of war battles to choose from.
If anyone's game I'm free after the game.

SapientWolf said:
To say that online multiplayer is intimidating to a beginner is an understatement. It almost sounds like an MMO.
It has a relatively high learning curve, mainly in the build, but the game itself is pretty simple.

Chichikov

Just played some free for all.
Lots of people, plenty of new ones as well, didn't encounter any cheesers.
Good times, I'm online now btw if anyone want to jump in.

Top Bottom