• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

SickBoy

SickBoy said:
How about 5:30 or 6 Mountain? An early start will help. We got a big dump of snow today so I drove my wife to work and will need to pick her up later. But she's on 'till about 10:30, so if later works, I can deal with that, too.

Does this work? It's just after 5:30 now...

SickBoy

Hitokage said:
Good game. It was my turn to choke on what turned out to be an important FG attempt. :(

Indeed, I felt owed that one ;)

(I've been hitting far harder field goals since that miss too... but then again, I kick a ball out of bounds about every second game, so I have my moments)

Your defense has been really solid the last couple of games. I'm happier with the way I played defensively against you today but my overall offensive futility is annoying the hell out of me and it goes back a few games. I meant to work on broadening my passing game, but it was pretty one-dimensional today (doesn't help my confidence that Gates dropped three, though)

Good game all around.

EDIT: FMT will be pleased to learn Philip Rivers threw his first pass today. It was incomplete.

Also, my apologies for that pause early in the game. My cat knocked something over and it was very loud. Still trying to figure out what it was.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Since I took care of Week 10 before Week 10 actually began, it's been a while since I've played a game. While I was still with it on defense mostly, my O felt rusty and uncreative. :/

I totally forgot I could juke until partway through the game, to be perfectly honest.

Mrbob

WasabiKing said:
Yo Bob, post a time. Tonight's no good cause of my lady, and I've got some GAF stuff to work on. And I'm still in the office. :(

Tonight no good at any time?

Ok. What about tommorrow night then. Around 8:30-9:30 central time.

Rorschach

Well, that about wraps it up for my playoff race and the win streak over wellie is over! It was a great season, fellas. Too bad I don't get to be the spoiler for anyone...my schedule seems pretty tame now. Hrm...maybe Pittsburgh.

Mrbob said:
Ok. What about tommorrow night then. Around 8:30-9:30 central time.
Yeah, I should be home from work by then, ping me on AIM or nag another GAFfer cause I'll likely be working on some GAF stuff or in IRC.

Andokuky

Banned
An 85 for Mr. Darrent Williams. Now he goes great alongside Champ Jesus Bailey.

Would have been great to see Putzier get the love he deserves though.

Andokuky

Banned
I don't mind losing but there are some games where there seems to be no point in even playing the fucking game. I have never seen my guy get stuck behind blockers on offense or my defenders just dive the wrong way so many times in one game. I decided this game was over early in the second quarter when on 2nd and 3 Tatum Bell has open field in front of him but is instantly taken down from behind after getting chased down by 2 crappy slow defensive lineman. Fair enough, I got 2 yards. 3rd and 1. Up the middle, stuck behind 2 of my guys, Mario run for 5 hours before I'm hit with a 2 yard loss. Amazing. To make matters worse the Niners and a no name rookie are just gutting it up the middle for about 20 yards a pop. Incredible. Then late in the game the Niners run PA and I get in almost untouched and nail Smith but oh no! I bounce right off of him and unaware that I was even anywhere near him he just lobs it up to either Morton or Lloyd who are both average at best but this play they were good enough to get about 15 yards of seperation on Champ Jesus Bailey. Amazing.

On my best looking run play I have a wide open weak side of the field but my backs collide in the backfield and Jake Plummer has to run with it for 5 yards. If Jake Plummer has a hole big enough in this game to get 5 yards then that is a 99 yard touchdown for basically anyone else.

I don't mind losing but there are some games where there seems to be no point in even playing the fucking game. I have never seen my guy get stuck behind blockers on offense or my defenders just dive the wrong way so many times in one game. I decided this game was over early in the second quarter when on 2nd and 3 Tatum Bell has open field in front of him but is instantly taken down from behind after getting chased down by 2 crappy slow defensive lineman. Fair enough, I got 2 yards. 3rd and 1. Up the middle, stuck behind 2 of my guys, Mario run for 5 hours before I'm hit with a 2 yard loss. Amazing. To make matters worse the Niners and a no name rookie are just gutting it up the middle for about 20 yards a pop. Incredible. Then late in the game the Niners run PA and I get in almost untouched and nail Smith but oh no! I bounce right off of him and unaware that I was even anywhere near him he just lobs it up to either Morton or Lloyd who are both average at best but this play they were good enough to get about 15 yards of seperation on Champ Jesus Bailey. Amazing.

yeah you got tripped up on some BS tackles and i got saved more than a few times with those. problem is after your first drive i keyed in on the fact that you would pretty much run run pass. also, why do you keep bouncing every run outside? that is part of your problem.

and frank gore isn't a no-name! he is a future 2,000 yard runner, you'll see. (and yes i'm talking about in real life).

just a bad luck game for you, but gg anyhow

Mrbob

Andokuky said:

On my best looking run play I have a wide open weak side of the field but my backs collide in the backfield and Jake Plummer has to run with it for 5 yards. If Jake Plummer has a hole big enough in this game to get 5 yards then that is a 99 yard touchdown for basically anyone else.

FMT is king of the gamesharks.

Andokuky

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah you got tripped up on some BS tackles and i got saved more than a few times with those. problem is after your first drive i keyed in on the fact that you would pretty much run run pass. also, why do you keep bouncing every run outside? that is part of your problem.

and frank gore isn't a no-name! he is a future 2,000 yard runner, you'll see. (and yes i'm talking about in real life).

just a bad luck game for you, but gg anyhow

I ran to the outside because if I ran inside I would just run right into my own lineman. I don't think I ran ran passed much until the 3rd quarter when the game was over anyways. I bounce runs outside all the time, usually my lineman are well out of my way.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hitokage said:
You're supposed to run the play as it's drawn out! </Wellington>

Well, you are, unless you pick up on something pre-snap.

Andokuky was doing the same running to the outside that he does to everyone else with me and he was having little success in the first three quarters. At the end of the game when he started going more between the tackle and guard or between the guard and center is when he had more success. He had like 70 yards on my in the 4th. :(

That said, FMT must use a gameshark, because even with mid level LBs they still blow up almost every rushing play. It's sickening.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
MrBob and "no delays" in the same line? :lol Good one, Hitokage.

And yet, it wasy my fault that we didn't play quickly in week 1. :lol

Man, Casey Hampton, James Farrior, and Joey Porter are now God, JC, and the Holy Spirit thanks to the update. Deshea Townsend went from an 81 to an 86. Chris Hope also improved, and Ben is now a 92 rated QB :)lol). Damn you FMT! Should have scheduled him against me in an earlier week.

Arch: Due to various commitments over the weekend, I likely won't be able to really sit down and play you until Monday. If I can earlier, I'll get you on AIM I guess.

Andokuky

Banned
This just in....Hell has frozen over.

Dallas gives up only ONE sack!! yay! ooh, and they win a game wahoooooo

I think i have multiple POW nominees...

Bledsoe 10-15 300+ yards, 2TD
Jones 21 rushes, 176 yards, 2TD
Johnson 3 Catches 112 yards 1TD
Witten 3 Catches 100 Yards 1TD

Miguel

Holy shit. MiG started the "Rorschach tumble towards mediocrity"!

All you guys playing rors can thank me for your victories!

i suppose everyone has "bad luck" running against me right? nothing to do with my defensive schemes ;)

p.s. the solution to your running problems against the 49ers is so simple, and yet no one has dissected it yet. tsk tsk

Rorschach

Just to make sure everyone knows what d line spreading is:

When you hit line adjustments and hit up.

Also, just as a reminder, blitzing with the lbs is prohibited.

Nothing to do with anything, just sayin' like I said before.

On a note related to the game: new rosters suck!

Andokuky

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i suppose everyone has "bad luck" running against me right? nothing to do with my defensive schemes ;)

No, your defense is fantastic. You control the safety better than anyone else I've ever seen. But it was like there was an invisible wall across the line of scrimmage. I've been shutdown before but 1.9 yards a carry? Even Ron Dayne could outdo that :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
No, your defense is fantastic. You control the safety better than anyone else I've ever seen. But it was like there was an invisible wall across the line of scrimmage. I've been shutdown before but 1.9 yards a carry? Even Ron Dayne could outdo that :lol

Not when he played for the Giants. :(

SickBoy

Miguel said:
fucking hell, I can't get a hold of sinistar, and sickboy doesn't even use AIM.

Who doesn't use what now? :)

I've gotta head off to work in a little bit here, I'm on eight days straight, so my schedule's a bit of a pain in the ass.

I'm back tonight at around 11 MT, and then it's late nights Monday and Tuesday (home after 1:30 a.m.).

If any of these times work for you, great.

I can probably also play between 2-4 p.m. MT on Monday/Tuesday.

Starting on Wednesday, I'm working some weird shifts, but hopefully we can get the game out of the way before that.

SickBoy

Miguel said:
I can play at any of those times you listed. :)

Cool. I'll see if I can work it out for tonight, then, because I'd rather play earlier at night (even though Monday or Tuesday might work better)

SickBoy

Paging Miguel.... paging Miguel.... :)

EDIT: Gotta call it a night. Try for tomorrow night maybe... (day won't work, I've got some work I have to do before I go to work for the evening).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
8 TDs and no ints over the last four games and that fucker Drew Brees is still ahead of me for QB rating! DAMN YOU SICKBOY! My next opponent is the Pats so I am tossing at least three ints to the HERO.

PS: FMT reverse the stats that need to be reversed! Passing/Rushing TDs allowed, Total Giveaways, Sacks given up, Interceptions thrown. Do it!

PPS: No sacks allowed in my last four games either.

Miguel

Sickboy: I gotta put in my stats with Sinistar, and if you're around we can get our game in. I'm on right now, but will be another 15 mins til I get the stats in.

SickBoy

I think that's server maintenance (EDIT: EA Server was giving me hassle, so that's what I guessed. They do it today or tomorrow, don't they?), and at any rate, I'm done for the night. I have to get up early tomorrow.

How many disconnects can a game have?

Miguel

Yeah, totally forgot about the maintenance. It is tuesday early in the morning.

Neither of us is budging too much...:p

We'll pick this up again tomorrow night. Same hours?

SickBoy

Miguel said:
Yeah, totally forgot about the maintenance. It is tuesday early in the morning.

Neither of us is budging too much...:p

We'll pick this up again tomorrow night. Same hours?

That's really the saving grace -- the games have all been pretty even. I thought I might have opened up a juicy lead in that last one, but then there was that fumble... it's definitely best this way, though, neither of us can feel cheated. :)

Ah well, hopefully tonight the connetion works better.

Miguel

Punt Return TD's

1. B Berrian (chi) 32
2. P Warrick (Sea) 17

HEY YOU FUCKERS FIX YOUR STATS :lol

(only reason I noticed was because Mathis suddenly had 5...wtf, I put my stats in wrong)

DMczaf

Just so you guys involved in the final 3 games of the week know, the week was opened like 4-5 days ago so you can play :)

Oh yeah, I'm completely shocked that MrBob is one of the 3 games not played yet. SHOCKED!!

Top Bottom