• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I hate myself so much. I've now thrown three interceptions this game because I keep forgetting to switch the god damned passing cone to the right receiver.

I throw interceptions all the fucking time, but it's never because of that shit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It seems every time I play, I think "That's the worst anybody has passed the ball in history."

And then I play my next game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Holy...fucking...shit.

I'm sorry SickBoy. I'm so sorry. 82 yard drive to score with 9 seconds left.
And I fucking kick it out of bounds!

edit: OH FUCK. The connection was lost. Son of a shit. That's fucked up. Fucking bullshit.

Here's my suggestion SickBoy: We start again. Whoever wins the toss lets you get the ball. I'll kick it out of bounds on purpose, and we let the 9 seconds play out. Hopefully you got the stats down.

SickBoy

Yeah, I've got the stats (thank you capture card), but no router. So I had to come here to see what was going on,...

I'll be on in a moment.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anybody have any idea how fucking hard it is to kick the ball OB on purpose? First time I didn't hit X the second time and it was a fucking touchback. Second time, it sailed out at the 35 (my own thirty five...five yards and out of bounds)and he got the ball ahead of where it should have been.

This is getting ridiculous. OH COME THE FUCK ON! I HIT THE GOD DAMNED ZERO! QUIT GIVING ME A TOUCHBACK!

Fourth time's a charm?

Whoo! Finally! Fucking game won't listen.

And the game ends on a Joey Porter interception, followed by an inexplicable kneeldown by Ben Roethlisberger 4 seconds into the game.

SickBoy

Fucking POS (new game that is).

Also, Archaix sucks. Don't worry, I will have humour about it in about five minutes, but for now I blame him for icing me and winning on a prayer catch :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SickBoy said:
Fucking POS (game that is).

Also, Archaix sucks. Don't worry, I will have humour about it in about five minutes, but for now I blame him for icing me and winning on a prayer catch :)

Tell me you can upload that last drive? I have to figure out what I did right there! Two fourth down conversions and a huge touchdown to Randle El after my only previous completions were to guys wearing lightning bolts.

SickBoy

Stats will go up later tonight. I'd like to get out of the house while there's still light out, and I've got to watch stupid video to get them. Stupid game.

Stupid Archaix.

Stupid world.

Stupid FMT for making this league.

Slo, you wanted drama? YOU GOT YOUR FREAKIN' DRAMA!

I'm going out to buy black clothing and to dye my hair black and get thick-rimmed glasses. And I don't even wear glasses.

SickBoy

Archaix said:
Tell me you can upload that last drive? I have to figure out what I did right there! Two fourth down conversions and a huge touchdown to Randle El after my only previous completions were to guys wearing lightning bolts.

I don't think it was anything in particular, you just had a lot of time to throw and you took it. And I stupidly eased up on my pass rush. I blame myself for the loss (and the LT fumble, WTF was that?), because I wasn't playing the game I wanted to play. Ball control was there, but I was really one dimensional on my passing game.

My other complaint, is the short post-kickoff play clock. I hurried my play because it was at 3. :(

SickBoy

Archaix: It won't let me input Pittsburgh stats. Here they are, with editorial comments):

On D:

James Farrior, 1 FR, 1 PD, 8 tackles (2 for loss)
Polamalu 1 FF, 1 PD, 3 tackles
H. Ward 1 FF
D. Townsend, 2 PD, 1 tackle
C. Hope, 1 PD, 1 tackle
I. Taylor 1 PD, 3 tackles
Porter 1 INT (5yds - best guess, I turned it off in disgust), 1 tackle
C. Hampton 1 sack, 2 tackles,
V. Oelhoffen, 5 tackles (3 for loss)
C. Haggans, 2 tackles (1 for loss)
S. Morey, 1 tackle
L. Foote, 1 tackle
T. Carter, 1 tackle
H. Miller, 1 tackle
J. Harrison, 1 tackle
A. Smith, 1 tackle
H. Ward, 1 tackle

Everything else

Gardocki: 4-198 0 in20, 54lg

Randle El KRET: 3-73 29lg
Randle El PRET: 2-34 28lg

Roethlisberger 6-17-3 97, 1TD, 2 sacks, 43lg

Parker 24-115 (no fumbles? Boo-urns), 1TD, 3BTK, 14lg
Bettis, 7-31, 1BTK, 14lg
Roethlisberger, 1-3

H. Ward 2-26, 7YAC, 18lg
H. Miller 1-9, 4YAC, 1 drop
Randle El 1-43, 1TD, 1 drop
Kreider 1-11
Wilson 1-8

SickBoy

Rorschach said:
Hey, tripod boy, you better win your next game. >:|

Don't put pressure on him. It's not whether he wins or loses, its that he comes out and plays and enjoys himself :)

Still frustrated at myself for the loss to Pittsburgh. Second last-minute loss. I really am playing Chargers football.

SickBoy

Should be able to. I'll post when I get back from work. I might be a little delayed because it's pretty cold here right now (need to warm up car and such).

Miguel

SickBoy said:
Should be able to. I'll post when I get back from work. I might be a little delayed because it's pretty cold here right now (need to warm up car and such).

That's cool, I'm normally up until 4am-ish.

BTW. :lol, playing with a good defensive team owns!

Seahawks (me) v Hitokage (Texans) = 4 INTs :D
Tatupu/Trufant/Boulware ftw!

Hito felt my pain when trying to guard someone using DeMarcus "Durr which way did he go" Faggins.

DMczaf

Andokuky said:
When does next week advance? This kind of sucks waiting on the same couple teams every week.

Yup, we always get like 4 of the 6 games done in the first couple of days of the new week...and then we sit and wait :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Miguel said:
Seahawks (me) v Hitokage (Texans) = 4 INTs :D
Tatupu/Trufant/Boulware ftw!
And yet you let Hasselbeck get sacked 7 times in that game. I wasn't really familiar with what pass routes worked with the texans("none", I know).

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hitokage said:
And yet you let Hasselbeck get sacked 7 times in that game. I wasn't really familiar with what pass routes worked with the texans("none", I know).

The secret to Texans passing success: Get backed up to the 3 inch line making the opposing team assume a run play is coming. Wait for them to get in man coverage with the only deep safety playing to the side of Andre Johnson and toss the ball to the other guy as soon as it is snapped. 100 yards in one play! Fun fun fun!

Miguel

I always have trouble with sacks. I'd rather take sacks than throw INTs...I don't have a choice with carr though, it's either sack or fumble :p

Archaix said:
The secret to Texans passing success: Get backed up to the 3 inch line making the opposing team assume a run play is coming. Wait for them to get in man coverage with the only deep safety playing to the side of Andre Johnson and toss the ball to the other guy as soon as it is snapped. 100 yards in one play! Fun fun fun!

:lol

That's the greatest play in the history of everything ever. Well, maybe that and my KR/PR TDs in the same game :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's not all bad, afterward we played Texans vs Texans. This is exactly how the game started.

I kickoff, mig returns for substantial gain.
Mig's Carr throws a pick.
My Carr throws a breakaway TD pass.

Mig only beat me by one TD in a mild shootout, and I got 300+ yards against him.

Andokuky

Banned
Hey, me and NE played basically 3 qtrs of our game, and we wont be able to get hte rest in till sunday or monday, so we just called it a game....

gg wasabi. a good... strange game. barlow kept fumbling, wasabi torched me early with the pass, and i had a 99 yard TD run with frank gore. somehow i felt like i should have been losing in that game.... maybe it was the 2 freebe touchdown returns...

anyways, you had me on the ropes! playaction was raping the shit out of me early, i bet no less than 5 times, including that touchdown bomb

SickBoy

Just got home a minute ago... freezing. I'll be ready to play in about 10 min if that works for you... (call it on the hour, I guess?)

Miguel

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and i had a 99 yard TD run with frank gore.

2031460.widec.jpg
johnson_sm-01.jpg

I

HATE

EVERYTHING
A
BOUT
YOU

SB: I'm online, but might be in the kitchen, just wait til I msg you back. I'm already online in madden.

SickBoy

GG Miguel.

SB frustration continues offensively. Defensively not so much despite a few infuriating plays.

Clearly feeling the effects of last game, wanting to bury the game rather than just do the smart thing and take a 16-point lead. At the end I had visions of letting another game slip away.

Andokuky

Banned
good grief im tired of my team...

I can play decent in every quarter, EXCEPT near the end of the half, and game. I think in EVERY week so far, my D has just stopped playing at the end of the half, and has given up a LOOOOOONG TD. But i seem to alwas close the gap, until, oh, 4th qtr, when my offense stops playing...YAY!

Wellington, what did u pause the game for and tell me to "stop that ****"???

p.s. here is the real reason. don't forget the rules friends... even if you are losing!

* No manually controlling WR's. This is a tough one to make a rule, but I have to. When you throw to a receiver, you can't switch to the receiver while the ball is in the air and make the catch. The reason is this is impossible to defense. The WR will ALWAYS do the jetpack animation, while the CB defending will do some shitty swat animation 95% of the time. This isn't fair. We tested this out in the old league and it is completely dirty. Now if you are trying to break up an interception, then that's fine, take control of the WR and do your business. Otherwise, you live with the throw you made!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
good grief im tired of my team...

I can play decent in every quarter, EXCEPT near the end of the half, and game. I think in EVERY week so far, my D has just stopped playing at the end of the half, and has given up a LOOOOOONG TD. But i seem to alwas close the gap, until, oh, 4th qtr, when my offense stops playing...YAY!

Wellington, what did u pause the game for and tell me to "stop that ****"???

As I just told FMT (since he asked), you took control of your receiver in a couple of one one one situations after bombing it deep. You would then try to make a cut (or whatever you were doing) and run into my defender. The defensive AI is programmed to follow the man, not the ball, therefore it brings my DB to a complete stop while you would unfairly gain an advantage due to the bit of momentum your WR would have.

Andokuky

Banned
That's a gay rule. Someone did that to me this season and burned me for a huge TD play. I'm thinking it was Houston, he was also hit with like 4 PI calls that game for bumping into my guys while manually controlling the WR :lol

I didn't notice anything wierd with the AI.

Top Bottom