• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've told Miguel the same thing. It's a rule that exists for a reason.

If you want to test it out go into a two player game and have the defense call man D on a passing play. Throw a bomb pass then take control of the receiver, you can do a multitude of things to get your man into position that the AI can't defend since they play the player and not the ball. If we all played CB like Fifty, this wouldn't be a problem.

That's a gay rule. Someone did that to me this season and burned me for a huge TD play. I'm thinking it was Houston, he was also hit with like 4 PI calls that game for bumping into my guys while manually controlling the WR

no matter how "gay" the rule is, it is a rule. we already tested this out in season 1 on xbox, it is dirty.

Andokuky

Banned
? are you seeing things?

I took control of a WR ONCE, which was Johnson, bc as soon as i hiked the ball, ur whole team, coaches and towel boys included was in my face. i lobbed it off my back foot, and it threw the ball 10 yards to the side of keyshawn. So of course im going to take him...i'd be a moron not to.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
DMczaf said:
2 games left? Damn it, I cant have Bob playing his week 10 game before me!

Speaking of which...
BOB! Where the hell are you!? Let's go. Chop chop. You're two games behind most of the league. Get on the ball!

Miguel

Wellington said:
I've told Miguel the same thing. It's a rule that exists for a reason.

If you want to test it out go into a two player game and have the defense call man D on a passing play. Throw a bomb pass then take control of the receiver, you can do a multitude of things to get your man into position that the AI can't defend since they play the player and not the ball. If we all played CB like Fifty, this wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I've stopped doing that. Never thought about it until I realized if I tried hard enough (illegally) I could pretty much have a easy touchdown. :p

Sorry...and you beat me anyway!

SickBoy

Johnson seems to make a lot of catches anyhow :)

It's hard to remember not to do when you've thrown an awful pass. I've taken manual control maybe two or three times through 10 games. I think in those cases, I could make a case that they were "playing defense on offense." Whatever the case, I didn't catch any of them :)

cuban, i see you missed your time with DM, plus you still have you game with bob to play. if your schedule is too busy let me know and i can have someone fill in for you for a couple games. otherwise, if you miss playing your game w/ dm this week (in conjunction with your last weeks missed game), i may have to have someone fill in anyways. let me know chum!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think he was on a trip to San Jose for an interview if OT is any indication.

But it's funny though, he quit his job and now can't play, wtf!

if cuban doesn't respond by tonight, ill have myself or rors or someone else sub in for him for a couple games. i know its a shitty thing to do, but no one man is bigger than the league! and we need to get this show on the road.

note to self: never, ever schedule bob against cuban again :lol

further note to self: never, ever schedule bob against anyone again

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
im like the worst ever, i needa new team to redeem myself...i think i deserve his team :( (this is dallas)

Everyone I have played that has used Dallas has had crazy rushing D. :(

Can we just forget about those last two games? They feature the two biggest flakes in the league and will never be played!

wow dm has been beaten by a combined 68-6 in his last 2 games. when will you get your smile back dm? :(

p.s. ando i can't let tatum bell do me like he did the bucs. either bench him to save face or deal with rushing for under 50 yards with him. the choice is yours

Mrbob

Looks like it is me and Wasabi next! :D

Kool-Aid_Man2-244x255.jpg

What times work for you? My time on Mon and tues is limited to when I can play....Wed would be the best day for me. I'm free to start anywhere between 4pm-6:45PM central, and can play after 10PM central then too.

Andokuky

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
wow dm has been beaten by a combined 68-6 in his last 2 games. when will you get your smile back dm? :(

p.s. ando i can't let tatum bell do me like he did the bucs. either bench him to save face or deal with rushing for under 50 yards with him. the choice is yours

Hey I got 3 horses who can pound the ball for me. I can give you some Ron Dayne 65 times if that's what you want. But as a 49er fan you have been through enough heartbreak the last decade so I will just throw for 500 yards with Jake Plummer.

Hey I got 3 horses who can pound the ball for me. I can give you some Ron Dayne 65 times if that's what you want. But as a 49er fan you have been through enough heartbreak the last decade so I will just throw for 500 yards with Jake Plummer.

alex smith doesn't like those words. and when alex smith doesn't like something, he eliminates it

Rorschach

Sorry, wellington, I don't know when I can play. Today or yesterday would have been great since they are my days off, but I've had more pressing matters to attend to. I'll get back to you when I can. I'm only here for a little bit longer.

Andokuky

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
alex smith doesn't like those words. and when alex smith doesn't like something, he eliminates it

p1_champ_bailey.jpg

Sorry, Champ Jesus Bailey is having a hard time remembering who the fuck Alex Smith is. Champ Jesus Bailey thinks he remembers the Bucs taking him as a tight end in the 3rd round last year. Yes, he remembers. Champ Jesus Bailey doesn't know what would make him go to the 49ers and become a QB but Champ Jesus Bailey thinks he's going to have to pick him off a few times now.

Sorry, Champ Jesus Bailey is having a hard time remembering who the fuck Alex Smith is. Champ Jesus Bailey thinks he remembers the Bucs taking him as a tight end in the 3rd round last year. Yes, he remembers. Champ Jesus Bailey doesn't know what would make him go to the 49ers and become a QB but Champ Jesus Bailey thinks he's going to have to pick him off a few times now.

alex_smith.jpg

now you pissed him off. it's all over!

SickBoy

Hito: Work late tonight (be back around 1:30 a.m. MT) and tomorrow. Off Wednesday Thursday. Whatever works for you -- if late night is good, that should be fine by me, if not, then during the day Wed/Thurs. is fine.

I'll check back as soon as I'm home tonight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just played my game with Ror. The game disconnected near the end of the 3rd. I was able to save all stats and we went on to play the rest of the game.

I think it's a BS win, Ror if you want to own me proper, we can definitely play another one.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Andokuky said:
shanahan_200.jpg

Shanahan is furious. Two games played so far, ridiculous!!

Shanny's threat of a prostate exam there seems to have lit a fire under everybody. Two more games got played tonight. That's doubling the production, just from fear of those angry fingers.

Andokuky

Banned
7.46_MONEY.jpg

How much of this is the 49ers owner giving other teams to not play their games?

Tatum Bell is waiting, he can wait forever.

SickBoy

Hitokage said:
Sickboy: When should we do this? Anytime is ok.

How about 5:30 or 6 Mountain? An early start will help. We got a big dump of snow today so I drove my wife to work and will need to pick her up later. But she's on 'till about 10:30, so if later works, I can deal with that, too.

Top Bottom