• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Islamic Thread

Zapages

Darackutny said:
What about Al-Hasan, the son of Ali? What about Mu'awiya? Or even Omar bin Abdulaziz?

I am not here to argue. All I was saying is most folks say that first four caliphs were the most pious after that there was Sunni-Shia divide on the matter on how caliph should be chosen. What do you think about professor told us? Ie. answer the question.

Zapages

Darackutny said:
In what way did the professor differentiate between Emir and Caliph?

Basically he stated that there was only one Caliph the rest of the caliphs were called Emir... Therefore it is wrong to called everyone after the first Caliph a Caliph, instead we should have called them Emirs...

Trying to remember, something along the lines Emir Mo Meneen. I probably butchered it... Do you know what I mean?

Zapages said:
Here's interesting Question... Earlier today at a Mosque, a Turkish professor was teaching us about the Islamic System on how we elect our Youth Group representative. Anyway on to the question.

He told us that we should chose of an Emir, as their was only true Caliph who was Hazarat Abdul Bakr (PBUH)... After Hazarat Abdul Bakr (PBUH), the rest of them were Emirs. I am just wondering if there were sources and what does everyone here thing about this? As it repeatedly stated in history there was only 4 righteous Caliphs and after that the Caliphate became a Monarchy ie. Ummayads, Abbasids, and Ottomans.

I have not heard this before. Abul Bakr (ra) was was not the only true caliph, there is no evidence in the sunnah or serrah to support this.

And the Prophet (saw) said: "The Prophets used to rule Bani Israel. Whenever a prophet died another prophet succeeded him, but there will be no prophets after me; instead there will be Khulafaa' (Khalifahs) and they will number many". They asked: what then do you order us? He said: "fulfil allegiance to them one after the other. Give them their dues. Verily Allah will ask them about what he entrusted them with.

The Prophet (saw) said "The Prophethood will remain among you for as long as Allah wills, then Allah will lift it when He wishes to, then it will be a Khilafah Rashidah (Rightly Guided) on the method of the Prophethood, it will remain for as long as Allah wills, then Allah will lift it if He wishes, then it will be a hereditary leadership which will remain for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if he wishes, then it will be a tyrannical rule, and it will remain so for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if He wishes, then it will be a Khilafah on the method of the Prophethood, then he kept silent."

Zapages

kobashi100 said:
I have not heard this before. Abul Bakr (ra) was was not the only true caliph, there is no evidence in the sunnah or serrah to support this.

And the Prophet (saw) said: "The Prophets used to rule Bani Israel. Whenever a prophet died another prophet succeeded him, but there will be no prophets after me; instead there will be Khulafaa' (Khalifahs) and they will number many". They asked: what then do you order us? He said: "fulfil allegiance to them one after the other. Give them their dues. Verily Allah will ask them about what he entrusted them with.

The Prophet (saw) said "The Prophethood will remain among you for as long as Allah wills, then Allah will lift it when He wishes to, then it will be a Khilafah Rashidah (Rightly Guided) on the method of the Prophethood, it will remain for as long as Allah wills, then Allah will lift it if He wishes, then it will be a hereditary leadership which will remain for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if he wishes, then it will be a tyrannical rule, and it will remain so for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if He wishes, then it will be a Khilafah on the method of the Prophethood, then he kept silent."

That is very interesting... Could you please show me the Hadiths or the source that you got this from. Please that would be great. Thanks man.

Zapages said:
That is very interesting... Could you please show me the Hadiths or the source that you got this from. Please that would be great. Thanks man.

Hudhaifah bin Al-Yaman reported that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said,
"Prophethood (meaning himself) will remain with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain, then Allah will raise it up wherever he wills to raise it up. Afterwards, there will be a Caliphate that follows the guidance of Prophethood remaining with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, He will raise it up whenever He wills to raise it up. Afterwards, there will be a reign of violently oppressive [The reign of Muslim kings who are partially unjust] rule and it will remain with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, there will be a reign of tyrannical rule and it will remain for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, Allah will raise it up whenever He wills to raise it up. Then, there will be a Caliphate that follows the guidance of Prophethood."
Then Hudhaifah said, "The Prophet stopped speaking."
[As-Silsilah As-Sahihah, vol. 1, no. 5]

The Prophets ruled over the children of Israel, whenever a Prophet died another Prophet succeeded him, but there will be no Prophet after me. There will soon be Khulafah and they will number many.’ They asked; ‘What then do you order us?’ He (saw) said; ‘Fulfil the Bay’ah to them, one after the other and give them their dues for Allah will verily account them about what he entrusted them with’ [Sahih Muslim]

Brother I am trying to find where exactly in the sunnah this is but having no joy.

Two good articles here

http://www.khilafah.com/index.php/t...-continuously-throughout-the-history-of-islam

http://www.khilafah.com/index.php/the-khilafah/issues/42-did-khilafah-only-exist-for-30-years

Der Spiegel has a long article about the treatment of gays in the Muslims. It presents some familiar examples about Iraq and Malaysia while others are lesser known. But I was struck by this section:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,647913,00.html

The story of Lot and related verses in the Koran were not interpreted as unambiguous references to homosexual sex until the 20th century, says Everett Rowson, professor of Islamic Studies at New York University. This reinterpretation was the result of Western influences -- its source was the prudery of European colonialists who introduced their conception of sexual morality to the newly conquered countries.

The fact of the matter is that half of the laws across the world that prohibit homosexuality today are derived from a single law that the British enacted in India in 1860. "Many attitudes with regard to sexual morality that are thought to be identical to Islam owe a lot more to Queen Victoria than to the Koran," Rowson says.

More than anything, it is the politicization of Islam that has led to the persecution of gays today. Sexual morals are no longer a private matter. They are regulated and instrumentalized by governments.

I've heard a lot from devout Muslims and their condemnation of homosexuality at GAF (why some of them are banned now), but Der Spiegel puts it at a completely different light: government stooges and sheepish Victorians.

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, La ilaha illallah, Allahu Akbar, wa lillahil hamd

Eid Mubarak brothers and sisters!!

May the blessings of Allah be with you and all your families..

Himuro said:
I'm so confused and mixed right now. Every time I go to the mosque I feel left out and/or mistreated. People are scared of me for whatever reason (my skin color?) and not brotherly.

It's getting harder and harder to keep the faith.

which mosque is it brother? If the brothers there want to be so ignorant and un-islamic go to different mosque. You do not have to put up with that BS.

BOOK: Islam in the 21st Century

This booklet will explore and contrast some of the problems of the 21st century and compare the manner in which secularism and Islam attempt to solve them. This booklet will look at how the Shari'ah texts are capable of dealing with any issue, be they social, economic or international. The book will scrutinise the applicability of the shari'ah in the 21st century through looking at a variety of 21st century issues. A comparison will be made between the Shari'ah approach to tackling issues and the secular methodology and its effects.

http://www.khilafah.com/images/images/PDF/Books/Islam21Booklet.pdf

Himuro said:
I'm so confused and mixed right now. Every time I go to the mosque I feel left out and/or mistreated. People are scared of me for whatever reason (my skin color?) and not brotherly.

It's getting harder and harder to keep the faith.

my mosque has black imam, and during Ramadan he was the one who started all the prayers. I never had problem.

kobashi100 said:
which mosque is it brother? If the brothers there want to be so ignorant and un-islamic go to different mosque. You do not have to put up with that BS.
correct

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Himuro said:
Someone PLEASE explain this?!

5499b36cb5.jpg

Looks like a huge dinner to me :lol

I like the 2 Pepsi cans at the bottom of the picture.

besiktas1

Quick question. I've started to eat halal, but just noticed Nescafe's cappaccino and late's (in sachet) do not have veggie friendly on it. Is it ok to drink? I emailed Nestle but got no response... I think it's the Whey "something" in it. Heeeeelp

Himuro said:
Someone PLEASE explain this?!

5499b36cb5.jpg

is it photo shopped by any chance? If not this might be when they cook for whole town .
We had one place where we cooked food in this every Friday.
badideg.jpg

13757006.jpg

monday to friday everyone used to donate anything they can weather its indignant or money. all the food from there went to anyone needy.

Darackutny

besiktas1 said:
Quick question. I've started to eat halal, but just noticed Nescafe's cappaccino and late's (in sachet) do not have veggie friendly on it. Is it ok to drink? I emailed Nestle but got no response... I think it's the Whey "something" in it. Heeeeelp

Halal if you are in a country in which the majority of the population is Christian or Jewish since they fall under the category of "People of the Book."

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=TxsuZAjfnWY

I hope you understand Arabic.

besiktas1 said:

I used to go to eat halal.com but right now its down. Just check on website to see if the integrand is halal or not. If you are in candada, Us or UK there are many website for that.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've learned a lot about Islam and find it somewhat interesting, but I believe much of the customs and beliefs to be backward, barbaric and not conducive to human advancement. I'm sure I don't have to spell it out.

Besides that, as a homosexual following it or giving it credence goes against my own welfare. Muslims remain the only group of people I regularly encounter that I'm extremely uncomfortable in the presence of and will actively try not to be myself around. I'm completely aware of the irony but it is what it is. I'm always open to an individual changing my mind but I haven't met them yet.

Darackutny

crazy monkey said:
I used to go to eat halal.com but right now its down. Just check on website to see if the integrand is halal or not. If you are in candada, Us or UK there are many website for that.

Ibn Uthaimeen > Halal.com

Darackutny said:
Ibn Uthaimeen > Halal.com

what does he has to do with the website? I had question about dampster bread the website has all the things which is inside that bread, if there is something that is not halal I go and buy something which is halal.
In Most of the courtiers you have other halal option you don't have to eat anywhere.

GSG Flash

besiktas1 said:
I don't understand arabic :)

I'm guessing it's a live in non-muslim country eat what you want argument? (is it?) I'd rather be sure, and at ease that it is Halal meat.

The cappuccino should be fine.

Like crazy monkey said, just use halal.com, it has a nice database of products, or google search the product name + "halal" if you want to make sure. Be aware, when you're searching, that the same product in different countries have different ingredients.

GSG Flash

besiktas1 said:
The reason I'm weary about the Cappuccino is because it has whey in it that's why I'm unsure

Yeah only Nestle can really tell you if the whey came from cow rennet or not, if you really want to be sure then I'd say just wait until they answer back. I've emailed Nestle about their products before to see if they're halal or not, and they replied back fairly quickly, so you probably won't have too long of a wait.

besiktas1 said:
The reason I'm weary about the Cappuccino is because it has whey in it that's why I'm unsure

ya whey is always the problem. better wait for answer. Most like gsg flash said. I used to search on Google such as " vanilla chips by company so and so Halal" usually I would find an answer from websites. Good luck.

besiktas1 said:
I don't understand arabic :)

I'm guessing it's a live in non-muslim country eat what you want argument? (is it?) I'd rather be sure, and at ease that it is Halal meat.

Do not do that. you are doing it right way. Thanks for understanding. I has some friends who know that there is halal alternative available still they would go out and eat non halal saying that same non sense logical thinking.

Darackutny

crazy monkey said:
I has some friends who know that there is halal alternative available still they would go out and eat non halal saying that same non sense logical thinking.

Taken from Saheeh Bukhari:

A group of people said to the Prophet, "Some people bring us meat and we do not know whether they have mentioned Allah's Name or not on slaughtering the animal." He said, "Mention Allah's Name on it and eat." Those people had embraced Islam recently.

---

This indicates that if one isn't sure how the food was slaughtered, it is halal to eat it without confirming. The same is applied to the "people of the book" by scholars.

Ydahs

Darackutny said:

A group of people said to the Prophet, "Some people bring us meat and we do not know whether they have mentioned Allah's Name or not on slaughtering the animal." He said, "Mention Allah's Name on it and eat." Those people had embraced Islam recently.

---

This indicates that if one isn't sure how the food was slaughtered, it is halal to eat it without confirming. The same is applied to the "people of the book" by scholars.
How about if I know it's not halal? Would it still be permissible?

Also, if I go to the a take-away shop which sells bacon and if the above is permissible, is it okay to eat non-pig meat even though it's been cooked in the same fryer?

How about Subway, where all the subs are cut with a nice, meaning that contact to bacon is inevitable? Would the knife (which had sliced bacon) cutting my sub make it haram? I think not, but I want to see other opinions on the matter.

Nizar said:
I would have appreciated if you marked the part that discusses the beating, I had to read the whole page to make sure that i don't miss anything and finally find it at the bottom of the page.

it doesn't change anything, the verse still speaks to men and preaches them to use violence against their wives if they rebel them, it only justifies it and explains why its necessary and point out what circumstances allow it.

So, it doesn't change anything, its still violence and its still in part of Islam.

True. You can interpret it in anyway you like, soften it or exaggerate it but the main point is that its in the Quran. I remember coming across that verse a few years ago. I was researching it about a year ago and came across an identical verse in the Torah. It sparked an interesting debate on the role/status of women in the Abrahamic faiths. And people think homosexuality in religion is controversial lol

Darackutny said:

---

This was done when animals ware hand slaughter now a days no body follows any kind of rule.Machine cuts the animal. Most the slaughterhouse are not run by any particular religious person. Above all if you have halal food available why would you eat non halal?

Enosh

Instigator said:
Himuro 'de-reverting' in less than 12 months.

I called it!

meh I gave him less than a month
he didn't seem to have the mentality to be an agnostic/atheist, with some people it is quite clear from the start

Meus Renaissance said:
What does de-revert mean in this context?

'Reverting' often refers to people converting to Islam or non-practicing Muslims rediscovering their faith.

Himuro 'reverted' over a year ago but his comments as of late indicate it's not all sunshine and ice cream.

Darackutny

Ydahs said:

Obviously not.

Also, if I go to the a take-away shop which sells bacon and if the above is permissible, is it okay to eat non-pig meat even though it's been cooked in the same fryer?

How about Subway, where all the subs are cut with a nice, meaning that contact to bacon is inevitable? Would the knife (which had sliced bacon) cutting my sub make it haram? I think not, but I want to see other opinions on the matter.

I don't know really.

This was done when animals ware hand slaughter now a days no body follows any kind of rule.Machine cuts the animal. Most the slaughterhouse are not run by any particular religious person.

Once again, unless you "know" that this is the case, you are free to eat the food.

Above all if you have halal food available why would you eat non halal?

...because Mohammed did it too. Food slaughtered by Muslims was abundant, yet, he still ate the food that he wasn't sure about.

Darackutny said:
...because Mohammed did it too. Food slaughtered by Muslims was abundant, yet, he still ate the food that he wasn't sure about.

we have to understand the time frame. I guess i think different way then you do.Slaughter house work differently here check the method they use.

"
In a Hadith reported in Sahih Bukhari (7:415), Aisha (R) said that a group of people said to Prophet Mahammad (SAW), “Some people bring us meat and we do not know whether they have mentioned the name of Allah (SWT) or not on slaughtering the animal.” He said, “mention the name of Allah (SWT) on it and eat it.” These people had embraced Islam recently.

If we actually examine the Hadith above we find that these people were actually Muslims so Zibah has been done. Otherwise, I believe the Holy Prophet Mahammad (SAW) would have forbidden them from eating the meat. The Holy Prophet (SAW) did not make it a general rule for all time that you can say “Bismillah” and eat, not knowing whether Zibah or not.

The above questions were asked from Prophet Mahammad (SAW) who obviously knew the answer as Allah (SWT) would have given the answer to the Holy Prophet (SAW). The question was related to a specific incident and was not meant to be generalised for all time.

I think it was Imam Shafi that ruled that Halal animals if not done Zibah are mukruh but not haram. Mukruh means abomination and a Mukruh action carries less punishment than haram actions. I think it was Imam Abu Hanifa that ruled that this meat is haram. I can understand Imaan Shafi’s logic in this matter and that he is correct but I believe Imam Abu Hanifa is MORE correct so my opinion is that these meats are haram as the prohibition is clear in Surah Al Anam, verse 121.

It is wrong to make a general rule that we can eat the meat of the people of the scripture simply by saying “Bismillah.”

The mentioning of the name of Allah (SWT) is to be done at Zibah and not simply before consumption. It must be understood that the name of Allah (SWT) has to be mentioned at the consumption of all foods. "
http://khudadad.com/

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/88206

Ydahs said:

Narrated Abu Thalaha Al Khushaui :I came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! We are living in the land of the People of the Scripture, and we take our meals in their utensils, and there is game in that land and I hunt with my bow and with my trained hound and with my untrained hound." The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"As for your saying that you are in the land of the People of the Book, you should not eat in their utensils, unless you find no alternative, in which case you must wash the utensils and then eat in them... "

I would also suggest that you only eat Halal or Kosher meat brother. Anything that you think is not halal then do not eat it. If you are unsure then leave it..

besiktas1

Got an email back from nestle and the coffee drinks are........ Halal! Yay! I would copy and paste doc they sent me but I'm using my phone. Will do when I get in.

gumshoe

Banned
Dabookerman said:
Excuse the ignorance, but how do I go turning food into Halal food?

pixie dust!! j/k

You can't really turn food, that it has already been cooked, into halal food. The animals have to be slaughtered in a certain way for the food to be considered halal, and the people have to say "Bismillah..." before killing the animal.

Top Bottom