• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

LukeSmith

Some sting-filled omissions. Their solution to free agency is mildly interesting, I guess. Seems like it'd add an additional layer of drama to our league, though.

LukeSmith said:
Some sting-filled omissions. Their solution to free agency is mildly interesting, I guess. Seems like it'd add an additional layer of drama to our league, though.

whats a madden league without drama? Although if FMT lays out some ground rules for free agency at the start it should be alright....maybe

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Interesting is PC for BULLSHIT. I've never known you to be PC. Shame on you!

DMczaf

From Ian's twitter

# @dan_spezzano Yes! You can associate highlights to franchises. Can't wait to get the website done so we can start showing people.about 3 hours ago from web in reply to dan_spezzano

Nice

nyprimus2

Clearly the order in which they should address the missing features is:

1. Salary cap
2. Import draft class
3. CPU trade logic

Rorschach

nyprimus2 said:
Clearly the order in which they should address the missing features is:

1. Salary cap
2. Import draft class
3. CPU trade logic
I'd put trading for picks and contracts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of bullshit we'll never use like draft class and cpu logic.

nyprimus2

Rorschach said:
I'd put trading for picks and contracts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of bullshit we'll never use like draft class and cpu logic.
The way Ian worded it, it seems that Gamespot's report that you can't trade players might be old information. Maybe I'm reading that Q&A wrong.

Striker

nyprimus2 said:
The way Ian worded it, it seems that Gamespot's report that you can't trade players might be old information. Maybe I'm reading that Q&A wrong.
I thought you said picks, not players? I kind of assumed we could try players or even multiple ones.

nyprimus2 said:

You can trade players, not sure about picks. It says its almost identical to offline so I assume you can do picks as well no?

Rorschach

sableholic said:
You can trade players, not sure about picks. It says its almost identical to offline so I assume you can do picks as well no?
Can't do picks.

AirBrian said:
The stupid jean commercials are more than enough Farvere for the season!
It's not his fault football games break out in open fields near his house all the time and people happen to film it!

favrewranglerjeans.jpg

Somnia

Q: Do you have multi-week and season ending injuries in online franchise?
A: Yes, we do. We also have career-enders as well (very rare).

This should be interesting when someone loses their key RB or defensive player...oh how much fun that will be until it happens to me :lol

Let's hope the first career ending injury is McNabb :D

dexterslu

Since the speed has been turned down I'm wondering how this will effect the online experience, seems like it could make it much better. This will be the first Madden that I've paid for since 05'

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Somnia said:
This should be interesting when someone loses their key RB or defensive player...oh how much fun that will be until it happens to me :lol

Let's hope the first career ending injury is McNabb :D

Yeah you guys better hope because my offense will be tearing shit up this year. Only Kolb can stop me

Somnia

CB3 said:
Yeah you guys better hope because my offense will be tearing shit up this year. Only Kolb can stop me

I expect at least 3 kick return for TD's from you in the first year with DeSean!

CB3

Somnia said:
I expect at least 3 kick return for TD's from you in the first year with DeSean!

Pretty sure i got that last year.

I was even better in NCAA. Ask DM

Striker

Per Wellie,

Eli- 87
Carr- 60
Bomar- 62

Jacobs- 90
Bradshaw- 73
Brown- 71

Hedgecock- 87

Nicks- 76
Smith- 76
Hixon- 70
Barden- 66
Moss- 60

Boss- 83
Beckum- 69

Diehl- 88
Seubert- 87
Ohara- 91
Snee- 97
Mckenzie- 88
Beatty- 76

Osi- 94
Tuck- 95
Kiwi- 85

Canty- 84
Robbins- 83
Bernard- 80
Cofield- 75

Boley- 82
Pierce- 86
Sintim- 74

Webster- 90
Ross- 81

Phillips- 78
M. Johnson- 78

Tynes- 66

I wonder what Mario Manningham would be. Checking at a glance, some of the rookies seem to be rated highly, and that's for all across the league. Beatty was a late 2nd rounder, and he's a 76. I'm okay with Nick, Sintim, and Beckum's ratings.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't understand Jacobs being so high.

I don't understand the OLine being so low.

Also, Giants motherfuckers. The Madden 10 redemption tour begins now.

Rorschach

I think Jacobs deserves his rating much more than say Tomlinson. Jacobs is money as long as he's not hurt. If they kept his INJ low, then I'm fine with that rating.

Striker

Jacobs is going to be about strength, trucking, and break tackle, and little about speed and acceleration (and hands). He's okay where he's at, especially considering guys like Larry Johnson at 88, and Jones-Drew and Gore are in low 90's I believe.

Eli's right at the spot I expected him, in the mix with McNabb, Romo, Cutler, Rivers, etc.

Rorschach

:lol I'm sorry, I was just trying to push Wellie's buttons. I like how you both quoted the same article, though. Nice synchronization.

We're all agreed on Eli, though, right?

CB3

Wellington said:

Cant wait till our first matchup CK. It feels like forever since we played. I know its cause neither of us really had our hearts in the game last year. This year, im ready.

Oh, and your superbowl win over me is still tainted. EA put in the TO Douchebag rating in madden 06 and i lost because of it!

charsace

CB3 said:
Cant wait till our first matchup CK. It feels like forever since we played. I know its cause neither of us really had our hearts in the game last year. This year, im ready.

Oh, and your superbowl win over me is still tainted. EA put in the TO Douchebag rating in madden 06 and i lost because of it!
Its because you tried to play 2K.

Think I might play my copy of Madden 09 now.

CB3

charsace said:
Its because you tried to play 2K.

Think I might play my copy of Madden 09 now.

I dont even remember who you played as in 2K. Nets? The New Jersey Devin's? Pretty sure i won that match-up.

Im convinced your Mr. ChiCity

Rorschach

Because of the low ratings, I think it will be harder for bad teams to go all the way in our league, so the SB will probably be an NFC east team (besides Was) vs Pitt or NE.

Year 3 will be much more interesting. My new QB will be a 2nd year vet by then!

CB3

Rorschach said:
Because of the low ratings, I think it will be harder for bad teams to go all the way in our league, so the SB will probably be an NFC east team (besides Was) vs Pitt or NE.

FMT better switch to the Jets then. Only Sanchez can save him

nyprimus2

Rorschach said:

sambradford1.jpg
ead2222053fab5c64397bf9.jpg
coltmccoy21.jpg

I better give Leinart some PT so I don't have to draft one of these fellas as well.

Top Bottom