• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
nyprimus2 said:
He won't be eligible for the 2010 draft.

Ah i forgot he Redshirted

mitch-mustain-pictures-11.jpg

There we go

Hopefully FMT drafts him so the 9ers can finally have a #16 worth a damn

nyprimus2

I really do hope that player progression with potential and other factors works out well. Hopefully players like Leinart, who is rated a 62, won't be put in a rating hole I can't get him out of.

nyprimus2

I'd like to put in a waiver claim for Plaxico and Chris McAllister. :D (Both are 86)

Srsly: How are we going to figure out where the top FA's go?

Rorschach

Worst case scenario, we'll probably have to institute a waiver wire similar to fantasy leagues which will be moderated by the commish.

LukeSmith

nyprimus2 said:
I'd like to put in a waiver claim for Plaxico and Chris McAllister. :D (Both are 86)

Srsly: How are we going to figure out where the top FA's go?

It's months away, chill. All kinds of vets haven't chimed in on leagues and where they are going to play.

Months away.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
sure you aren't going to quit 4 weeks in when the game frustrates you? ;)
I finished ALL my Madden games last season. It was NCAA that I lost the thrill on and that was more related to time than anything else

DCX

DCX
I'm sure FMT will install a point/grade system along with waiver priority for each owner. We don't want people dropping thier 5th wr for Plax with no penalty. I'm sure to sign a FA, you would have to have a high waiver number plus the player dropped must by within a certain point difference. Can't drop a 58 WR waiver num 32 to pick up Plax at 86.

DCX

I finished ALL my Madden games last season. It was NCAA that I lost the thrill on and that was more related to time than anything else

i was more referring to nba 2k9!

and this goes out to EVERYONE, if you aren't going to be in the league for the long haul then just don't join. i know shit comes up that is more important than a stupid videogame and if those situations come up then everyone will understand, but if you throw in the towel in week 12, or week 2 of season 2, or whatever just because you've "lost interest" that is lame.

there will be plenty of time BEFORE the franchise starts to find out that you don't like the game or think the game sucks or it has too many gameplay flaws or whatever, so if you join understand that we're going to be playing multiple seasons and people are counting on you to play for that amount of time. no one wants to have a division full of CPU players!

and on that note i will say there have already been concerns with certain players playing in the league who have had issues in the past. i'm not going to make any decisions at this time, it's too early. and before anyone says "well who are you to tell Joe Madden Player he can't play in the league! Fuck you!" i agree with you! i'm not telling you not to play in a franchise or start your own, but if i'm going to put the time and effort in that it takes to run the thing (and it's looking more and more time consuming with this salary cap waiver wire shit) then i'm going to make it as easy on myself as possible in regards to dealing with "problems" between users!

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but if you throw in the towel in week 12, or week 2 of season 2, or whatever just because you've "lost interest" that is lame.
...or if you trade your copy of Madden in for Dead Space. :mad: Members of last year's 360 league know what I'm talking about.

GQman2121

Banned
I think the CAP workaround solution given is just begging for problems in the long run. They really need to fix that before or shortly after the game launches.

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
to his credit dead space is a pretty awesome game. i'm almost finished with it after all this time!

This I agree with! Too scared of it to play too long FMT? :lol I kid I kid! :D

LJ11

I remember playing Classic G's, think I was the last opponent he faced. Dude was up 21-0, Lynch/Parrish fumbling all over the place, and it was just going to be one of those games for me. For some reason, he decided to start passing instead of sitting on the lead with the run. He kept running the same PA crossing route to Miller....INT, INT, INT, INT, INT. Ended up winning. I was sitting on my couch chuckling thinking this dude isn't going to last.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Get a QB, then we'll talk!

:lol

We're trying the patented "Steeler Method." Top-ranked defense and mediocre QB = CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Will Madden 10 have a "Ref Buyout" option? We're gonna need that too for this plan to work.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just read a thread on op sports that says man lock isn't in the game. can anyone confirm this? if so.... are you F-ing kidding me! come on EA!

DefMatchups.JPG

Only read OS for the devs, never for anything else.

Even though theres a handful of people who actually "get it", 95% of those people bitch about stripes and socks.

NYC GAF what is the internet like up there in Manhattan? What service do you guys use? I am thinking about those lousy disconnects I got a few years ago till I moved again and got better internet...but I'm moving again in less than 2 weeks o_O

LJ11

If my memory serves, isn't Man-Lock used to keep defenders in a man coverage look even though the coverage may be zone. So if you motioned receivers around you wouldn't be able to differentiate the coverage with pre-snap motions, because defenders will motion with their corresponding assignment.

so is man-lock confirmed to be in then??

man lock serves a couple purposes. it disguises zone/man, and it also keeps people from abusing the slot receiver (cough shawn/T.O. cough!) where you have a 95+ rated guy on your 65 rated dime CB.

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:

man lock serves a couple purposes. it disguises zone/man, and it also keeps people from abusing the slot receiver (cough shawn/T.O. cough!) where you have a 95+ rated guy on your 65 rated dime CB.

Well I don't think you have to worry about the latter, because you can assign a corner to specifically cover a receiver, the former however is different story. No idea if it's in or not.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it also keeps people from abusing the slot receiver (cough shawn/T.O. cough!) where you have a 95+ rated guy on your 65 rated dime CB.

People in the league were actually allowed to do that?

Well I don't think you have to worry about the latter, because you can assign a corner to specifically cover a receiver, the former however is different story. No idea if it's in or not.

that is what man-lock is: locking one guy EXCLUSIVELY onto a receiver/rb. so for instances, i would be able to put nate clements on antonio bryant for the entire game. if bryant is in the slot, clements is there, etc.

so this is confirmed to be in the game?

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
so this is confirmed to be in the game?

So I give you a pic of Defensive Assignments in the game, and you are still asking if it's in the game?

Your memory is slipping with old age :(

Birdman02

BigAT said:
People in the league were actually allowed to do that?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we had a rule against it (at least in the 360 league). I might be thinking about the WR lined up in the backfield (which was against the rules in the 360 league).

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
If there's no Man Lock LJ, do your thing!

Yeah, my beef is with my defense tipping coverage as soon as the break huddle, specifically when man D is called. Shifting the LB's just as they break coverage avoided that problem last year, but I wish LB's wouldn't man-align unless told to do so.

So I give you a pic of Defensive Assignments in the game, and you are still asking if it's in the game?

i just get a red X here at work :(

p.s. it's not that i'm a softie, i just want the league to be a full league and it's difficult when i'm getting 2 different stories! we're all bro's here!

you guys would be surprised at some of the PM's i've received and why they think they were cheated out of a win!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
whats good fellas... im in..

LJ only 88??!??!

i call shenanigans... its cool he is out perfecting his superbowl celebrations now... we will show them

larry-johnson-poppin-bottles.jpg

FrenchMovieTheme said:

man lock serves a couple purposes. it disguises zone/man, and it also keeps people from abusing the slot receiver (cough shawn/T.O. cough!) where you have a 95 rated guy on your 65 rated dime CB.
ROFL... People actually played Man Defense in Madden 09?!?

I can't help the fact that TO was a slot receiver on bunch and Trips formations! I ocassionally put TO in the slot, just like I occasionally put Felix Jones in the backfield. My game is no one trick pony.

BTW, OS is full of attention whores, Man Lock is in Madden 10 from what I played at E3.

Top Bottom