• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

I can't help the fact that TO was a slot receiver on bunch and Trips formations! I ocassionally put TO in the slot, just like I occasionally put Felix Jones in the backfield. My game is no one trick pony.

but you could help running that formation in key situations!

no matter, i took care of it in the NFC championship game.... i'm sure you still remember THAT game my friend :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Anyone else wanna try some madden 09 ps3 (im looking at you FMT you bitch. stop running from me) tonight

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i would play you, but i have basketball tonight thanks to the finals being on tuesdays/thursdays!

sorry i can't kick your ass in again

Thats clearly an excuse, because white men cant jump.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but you could help running that formation in key situations!

no matter, i took care of it in the NFC championship game.... i'm sure you still remember THAT game my friend :D
...fucking over-rated Vernon Davis. Dude was beastly that year!

...fucking over-rated Vernon Davis. Dude was beastly that year!

if he could actually catch he would be one of the best TE's in football. i can't think of a TE in the nfl that is faster or stronger than he is.

on the plus side he has turned into one of the best blocking TE's in the league.... as long as EA rates his speed correctly i'll use him like the REAL life niners should and take care of business!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if he could actually catch he would be one of the best TE's in football. i can't think of a TE in the nfl that is faster or stronger than he is.

on the plus side he has turned into one of the best blocking TE's in the league.... as long as EA rates his speed correctly i'll use him like the REAL life niners should and take care of business!

So 5-11 for FMT this year?

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:
People in the league were actually allowed to do that?

Fucking Ando and fucking Javon Walker. I think after he pulled that cheese on every fucking person in the league it got banned.

Mrbob

Wasn't FMT under .500 last season?

Old man has lost his touch!

Time for you to go to mississippi and hang out with your buddy brett! You guys can have your wife beaters on with your wrangler jeans and ride together on your lawnmowers side by side as you reminisce about the good 'ole days!

CB3

Mrbob said:

Time for you to go to mississippi and hang out with your buddy brett! You guys can have your wife beaters on with your levi jeans and ride together on your lawnmowers side by side as you reminisce about the good 'ole days!

its actually wrangler jeans. and not mowing the lawn, its a spontanious football game with friends!

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Fucking Ando and fucking Javon Walker. I think after he pulled that cheese on every fucking person in the league it got banned.

No Ando
No Ando relatives
No Vumpler

MADDEN 10
"Now with more dudes in the Slot"

i've had some difficulties in madden lately but i will bounce back! just need to play jimmy raye the 3rd ball and i'll be a-oooooook!

still waiting to see if people like slo, daw, dskillz, etc are going to be in or not. i'd love to have some of the old dudes back too!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The whole man-lock thing is weird to be honest. A lot of defensive schemes have guys that strictly play left or right CB, and don't change. NEVER do they take an outside guy and put him in the slot, they usually have a 'slot' guy. I honestly do not recall many games in which a CB was on a guy all game.

By the same token, offenses don't have their big physical guys line up at the slot too often.

There are some teams that do though, IIRC the Bears do that with Tillman.

LukeSmith said:
No Ando
No Ando relatives
No Vumpler

MADDEN 10
"Now with more dudes in the Slot"

What happened with them?

As far as I know every league I was in with one of those 3, they were always getting pissed off, pissed at, or bailing out :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

Time for you to go to mississippi and hang out with your buddy brett! You guys can have your wife beaters on with your wrangler jeans and ride together on your lawnmowers side by side as you reminisce about the good 'ole days!
I was under .500 too. :(

It's like when the Niners and Giants were awesome in like '85 and '86 and then they had the strike year and the fucking Redskins won the championship, then they became awesome again in the late 80s and early 90s. Just like in real life, we had a strike year last year because of a shitty game, but now it's time to return to glory! No girlfriend, no crazy deadlines, no life, just madden 10 all day!

Not throwing twice as many INTs as TDs will probably help me too.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

It's like when the Niners and Giants were awesome in like '85 and '86 and then they had the strike year and the fucking Redskins won the championship, then they became awesome again in the late 80s and early 90s. Just like in real life, we had a strike year last year because of a shitty game, but now it's time to return to glory! No girlfriend, no crazy deadlines, no life, just madden 10 all day!

I had a horrible year with the Falcons when everyone predicted them to be shit. EA didn't properly upgrade until season 2 i think where i took the COwboys anyway :p I also ran with the Browns and did good with them as usual making the playoffs.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
I had a horrible year with the Falcons when everyone predicted them to be shit. EA didn't properly upgrade until season 2 i think where i took the COwboys anyway :p I also ran with the Browns and did good with them as usual making the playoffs.

DCX
Doesn't matter if they are upgraded or not bro, I am going to stomp your ass into the ground. I still have not forgotten that ass-beating you gave me in Madden 07 or whatever it was.

Wellington said:

I read your post in the other thread....hate you :lol

DMczaf said:
DefMatchups.JPG

Only read OS for the devs, never for anything else.

Even though theres a handful of people who actually "get it", 95% of those people bitch about stripes and socks.

The great thing is that they continue to bitch about some of the uniform stuff even after they've been told that it's because some of the stuff the players do is against league policy and they get fined for it. That's the reason that EA can't put it in to the game because it's not per the NFL's regs.

Wellington said:

Wellington said:
I have the opposite problem, and it's pretty awesome.

This chick (who has grown to be my best friend) and I have been going at it like animals, but she is starting to develop feelings to the point where she doesn't want to do it anymore (because I don't see her that way).

I am trying everything possible to keep her from getting away, but I will not ever say I would be in a relationship with her. Fuck that!

Well on a second read that isn't exactly a happy story but the other portion is all kinds of awesome.

btw what internet service do you use in nyc? is there a monopoly?

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Doesn't matter if they are upgraded or not bro, I am going to stomp your ass into the ground. I still have not forgotten that ass-beating you gave me in Madden 07 or whatever it was.
Gonzo up your ass hommie!

DCX

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
Well on a second read that isn't exactly a happy story but the other portion is all kinds of awesome.

Depends. Cablevision for must, Time Warner in select areas.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:

I use verizon, it's never ever given me a problem.

Also, on that other thing, I have another one to keep me occupied - so it's all good. :D

DMczaf

I wish we had saved replays during my goalline play against CK those years ago. Probably the best goal line play in GAF Madden history :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i've had some difficulties in madden lately but i will bounce back! just need to play jimmy raye the 3rd ball and i'll be a-oooooook!

still waiting to see if people like slo, daw, dskillz, etc are going to be in or not. i'd love to have some of the old dudes back too!

I am in...the Original GAF Madden Champ has to represent.

Even though I will probably get my ass handed to me repeatedly, I am in. The fact that I don't have to re-live my losses through League Daddy afterwards is very comforting to me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
I wish we had saved replays during my goalline play against CK those years ago. Probably the best goal line play in GAF Madden history :lol
Even being on the downside of that play, I agree, it was absolutely the best and most clutch goal line play ever.

I am at the goal line down four I think at the very end of the fourth quarter. Tiki was destroying shit on that drive and was unstoppable, it was only a formality that he had to run into the endzone. I handed off, running right towards daylight and winning the game. Out of NOWHERE Derrick Brooks comes in like a runaway freight (I think this was the first year of hit stick) and Tiki fumbles!!!!! DM recovers and I lose. :(

DM and I have always played games where it comes down to the last possession, and at that point he had like a 17 game winning streak over me and I had never beaten him. That is what made it doubly crushing. :(

DMczaf

Even when one of us have a 3+ TD lead heading into the 4th, the game ALWAYS comes down to the final 10 secs. Almost to the point that it looks like we're doing it on purpose.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
All my games against DM are close and I lose,it's f-ing annoying :(

I always manage to miss easy fg's against him too :\

bluemax

Banned
I played a fill in game against DM once where I was the Eagles and he was Tampa. I lost on a hail mary to Joey Galloway :(

lol goddamn. i know this is OT but i'm really not comfortable creating a thread but i have to build a WALL in nyc (i have a roommate), i had no idea what flex bedroom was and all that stuff, and they're like "Build a wall!" wtf :lol anyone have any idea how much that costs?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Only place I could ever beat DM...NCAA. I think I'm like 0-6 against DM in Madden play.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I had a wall built in my old apartment and it cost about $900,but lol that was over 20 years ago,not sure how much it would cost today.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
lol goddamn. i know this is OT but i'm really not comfortable creating a thread but i have to build a WALL in nyc (i have a roommate), i had no idea what flex bedroom was and all that stuff, and they're like "Build a wall!" wtf :lol anyone have any idea how much that costs?
partition?

DCX

DCX said:
partition?

DCX

i have no idea what that means :(

i've been a floridian/texan for most of my life

i'm also having a hard time gauging how big a room should be. i guess i'll see it in person soon. glad to have so many new yorkers here!

Matrix

charsace

ph33nix said:
i have no idea what that means :(

i've been a floridian/texan for most of my life

i'm also having a hard time gauging how big a room should be. i guess i'll see it in person soon. glad to have so many new yorkers here!
Fucking small town noob! Madden and any bball game your ass is mine!

charsace said:
Fucking small town noob! Madden and any bball game your ass is mine!

:lol FU i came from big cities

as for partitions i'm looking for something with the least windows and most sound proof. by the looks of those sites i'm not sure that really exists

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:

as for partitions i'm looking for something with the least windows and most sound proof. by the looks of those sites i'm not sure that really exists
unless it's a real wall, yeah you're right...

DCX

slo you in or not buddy!?

i think my games with DM have probably been 50/50 all time.... with notable mentions going to vernon davis and frank "hit stick after interception = fumble + arnaz battle recovery and touchdown" gore.

championship!

Slo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
slo you in or not buddy!?

i think my games with DM have probably been 50/50 all time.... with notable mentions going to vernon davis and frank "hit stick after interception = fumble + arnaz battle recovery and touchdown" gore.

championship!

I'm in of course!

Zep

Banned
ph33nix said:

Sheetrock+Egg crate foam..

All you need.

VD's speed isn't overrated, he is legitimately that fast.

what is overrated is his catching ability, which should be rated at about a 20 if EA is going for realism!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DMczaf said:
Even when one of us have a 3+ TD lead heading into the 4th, the game ALWAYS comes down to the final 10 secs. Almost to the point that it looks like we're doing it on purpose.

I remember losing to DM one time when he was kicking off and the ball landed in the end zone. I thought it was going to go out of bounds, but it just sat right there and he got it for the TD.

fuck you dm

Rorschach

Wellington said:
The whole man-lock thing is weird to be honest. A lot of defensive schemes have guys that strictly play left or right CB, and don't change. NEVER do they take an outside guy and put him in the slot, they usually have a 'slot' guy. I honestly do not recall many games in which a CB was on a guy all game.

By the same token, offenses don't have their big physical guys line up at the slot too often.

There are some teams that do though, IIRC the Bears do that with Tillman.
Whenever I saw someone go against the Cowboys, for example, it was always "X will shadow TO all day." Same with Moss, Johnson, Smith, and anyone that give the defense a lot of trouble. There are very few teams stubborn enough to let the same guy get abused all day when they have someone better.

DMczaf said:
Best goal line play in GAF Madden history = Manual Interception return for a TD against Lonestar when he already had the game won with no time left on the clock. Sweet, sweet karma for the win.

Slo said:
Oh fuck off. :lol
Hi, Slo. :3

Top Bottom