• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
peterb0y said:
why are we still awake again?

it's only 12:30! Wellie where are you it's only 12:30!
bluemax said:
NBC Bay Area uses Joey Grecco from Cheaters and Vernon Davis in their commercials. WTF. And they were talking about Curling!

Also did you guys here that Tecmo is putting out an HD remake of the Original Tecmo Bowl for XBLA/PSN? Wonder if it will be as awful as the DS game they put out last year.
I actually saw the VD commercial when I was up there. And we wonder why the Cards will dominate the NFC West for the foreseeable future?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad 2 Minutes after I post that I am going to bed. said:
Just got in too! haha but can't even play now. Let's DO THIS tomorrow night. If it doesn't work out you can play a sub but I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS

Astrolad said:
Wells in case you happen to wake up in the middle of the night I can go now.

Astrolad said:
it's only 12:30! Wellie where are you it's only 12:30!

I'm really beginning to think you're trolling me.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
peterb0y said:
sorry about that man, actually did end up going to that 7-10 pm class; i have class all day tomorrow-so i can only play late at night (or tonight as well, if thats better for you), but friday im pretty much all free
Let's stick with Friday. I was thinking I would be out of the woods after today, but my Friday got filled up yesterday. And don't worry about missing me last night; I passed out on the couch shortly after I wrote that .

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'd really love it if next year's game included some kind of option for off-season training. It'd have to balance out though, say if your guy lifts weights to get higher STR and other stats, he gets slower. There are some attributes that I consider essential that won't fluctuate through progression except for declining as the player age. So this would be good for improving your guys. :(

Also, say you have a guy like Brian Orakpo and you want to convert him to DE for good. He could go through your program and build up to DE size.

Wishful thinking. :(

daw840

Wellington said:
I'd really love it if next year's game included some kind of option for off-season training. It'd have to balance out though, say if your guy lifts weights to get higher STR and other stats, he gets slower. There are some attributes that I consider essential that won't fluctuate through progression except for declining as the player age. So this would be good for improving your guys. :(

Also, say you have a guy like Brian Orakpo and you want to convert him to DE for good. He could go through your program and build up to DE size.

Madden 2110...BELIEVE

FrenchMovieTheme said:
how about i just ban DCX from all trades? it would solve a lot of my problems :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19146852&postcount=16039

suggested a while back that we take it away to protect certain people :)

Just got to see the trade details and man would that have been insanely skewed towards bob, glad it got rejected even if it would have hurt a division rival. Give Moss some time DCX you just got him.

That said, the person that came out looking bad to me was bob. I can't believe he tried to force a trade through like that even after DCX backed out. I had a trade approved and the person backed out and I said ok no big deal.

Also lol at all the aim logs posted, its like we are in high school again.

Wellington said:

This would be awesome

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19146852&postcount=16039

suggested a while back that we take it away to protect certain people :)

Just got to see the trade details and man would that have been insanely skewed towards bob, glad it got rejected even if it would have hurt a division rival. Give Moss some time DCX you just got him.

That said, the person that came out looking bad to me was bob. I can't believe he tried to force a trade through like that even after DCX backed out. I had a trade approved and the person backed out and I said ok no big deal.

Also lol at all the aim logs posted, its like we are in high school again.

This would be awesome
Moss is avg 20 something yards a reception but the problem is with my new found running game i feel like i'm wasting him and White. I mean i haven't thrown over 25 times i think once this season. Even in losing against the Saints i ran the ball 20 times and maybe 16 attempts. I wanted to trade Moss to help my D, then i got Bobed. I have a few teams interested now that Moss is available.

Either way i'm dieing here waiting for our rematch!

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Moss is avg 20 something yards a reception but the problem is with my new found running game i feel like i'm wasting him and White. I mean i haven't thrown over 25 times i think once this season. Even in losing against the Saints i ran the ball 20 times and maybe 16 attempts. I wanted to trade Moss to help my D, then i got Bobed. I have a few teams interested now that Moss is available.

DCX
Sorry dude but you've been a Falcons fan for how long? They've always been a power running team, since as long as I could ever remember watching any of their games, going back to the years with Jamal Anderson. Have to play to the strength of your team. You should know you're not a pass first team when you get rid of Tony Gonzalez and a top left tackle.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Sorry dude but you've been a Falcons fan for how long? They've always been a power running team, since as long as I could ever remember watching any of their games, going back to the years with Jamal Anderson. Have to play to the strength of your team. You should know you're not a pass first team when you get rid of Tony Gonzalez and a top left tackle.
I filled that tackle void. Either way, my offense is what it is, i'm just trying to get value out of Moss which i believe i struck a deal that did exactly that :)

DCX

Fifty

"get value out of moss"

:lol :lol

On one hand, the trade kinda rips you off, on the other, maybe you deserve to be ripped off after not thinking the trade through initially.

My objection with the trade wasn't mainly because it ripped off DCX, but because I didn't approve of a superstar being traded for in the offseason, and then traded away in week 3. We don't allow FA's from the FA draft to be traded in the same season, so why should we allow this?

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
"get value out of moss"

On one hand, the trade kinda rips you off, on the other, maybe you deserve to be ripped off after not thinking the trade through initially.

My objection with the trade wasn't mainly because it ripped off DCX, but because I didn't approve of a superstar being traded for in the offseason, and then traded away in week 3. We don't allow FA's from the FA draft to be traded in the same season, so why should we allow this?
If it was a rule then i wouldn't think of trading him obviously. In three games i have seen how my offense will flow. Not to say Moss could or would have a bigger impact as the season progresses but his value is hot right now to those teams who also have judged their teams three games in and know they need a number 1 WR. We are past the bob incident of last night, i'm referring to the latest trade offer as of this morning, not involving Benedict Bob.

There are no mods around to propose the latest to.

DCX

Fifty said:
"get value out of moss"

I am also confused as to why its allowed. I mentioned something to FMT once in pm, but he just said the rule only applied to FAs. Seems like we should add a rule for traded players as well.

DCX said:

DCX

Likewise. I still think you need to give Moss some time though, work him into your offense more, but thats your call obviously. I'll be honest I think the #2 wr is the hardest wr to get worked into a offense, but I'm trying to get Grimes involved.

Striker

DCX said:
I filled that tackle void. Either way, my offense is what it is, i'm just trying to get value out of Moss which i believe i struck a deal that did exactly that :)

DCX
Didn't you trade a 1st and 3rd for Ryan Harris? Granted he's a good player, but you essentially traded away Sam Baker for Ryan Harris? Losing a potential high pick next season in the 1st round, depending how you do this year. :p

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
I am also confused as to why its allowed. I mentioned something to FMT once in pm, but he just said the rule only applied to FAs. Seems like we should add a rule for traded players as well.

Likewise. I still think you need to give Moss some time though, work him into your offense more, but thats your call obviously. I'll be honest I think the #2 wr is the hardest wr to get worked into a offense, but I'm trying to get Grimes involved.
Moss is my number one actually, White is my number two and he has more catches than Moss 8 to Moss' 7

DCX

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
Didn't you trade a 1st and 3rd for Ryan Harris? Granted he's a good player, but you essentially traded away Sam Baker for Ryan Harris? Losing a potential high pick next season in the 1st round, depending how you do this year. :p
i would have rectified that with this potential Moss trade ;)

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:

jeff_george_275.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
While I was at the crazy triple overtime Rockets game last night it seems that there was craziness here too.

Lonestar

Well, it wasn't just about Jeff George. Atlanta did have June Jones as the coach. Fucker just doesn't like run plays.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
I lobbied for the FA rule so that players wouldn't be picked up as trade bait. That never happens in the NFL. Why would you sign a free agent for anything other than filling a need?

Players traded twice in a season rarely happens, but it's happened. I don't like big name guys moving twice in a season, but we didn't put up a rule for it. It might be something to consider since it has happened a few times already in our league and it would make people think twice before making these huge package trades since it would be final (at least for that season).

Wellington said:

Haha Madden PS2 stuff that we can't even hold out hope for. Sad, isn't it? Madden 20. Believe.

I hope they don't rush out the new consoles too soon or else we're going to start from scratch again with a probable train wreck like Madden 06.

daw840

Rorschach said:
I hope they don't rush out the new consoles too soon or else we're going to start from scratch again with a probable train wreck like Madden 06.

You shut your dirty whore mouth. Don't even SAY that. God. That was such a POS game.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
I lobbied for the FA rule so that players wouldn't be picked up as trade bait. That never happens in the NFL. Why would you sign a free agent for anything other than filling a need?

Players traded twice in a season rarely happens, but it's happened. I don't like big name guys moving twice in a season, but we didn't put up a rule for it. It might be something to consider since it has happened a few times already in our league and it would make people think twice before making these huge package trades since it would be final (at least for that season).

Haha Madden PS2 stuff that we can't even hold out hope for. Sad, isn't it? Madden 20. Believe.

Commish's have no problem with a player double moving. See: Fifty trading for Adalious Thomas from me for a 2nd rounder, and sometime during his first season, trades him to Bob for a 1st rounder.

Bob...a first rounder... SMH

Mrbob

Lets lay out the facts.

DCX came to me for Landry.

DCX offered me moss.

DCX offered me Jackson.

I never came to him about this, he dropped this on my doorstep. He AGREED on this trade. This is the key point. It doesn't matter if its stacked or not. He agreed to it. So I send it in and it gets a fishy denial, fine. I was told I needed to add another player. So I looked at his depth chart and realized he didn't have any WR depth, so I gave him one of my up and coming WR in return. DCX then decides to not do the trade even though HE AGREED TO A WORSE one. IT was the same trade, and he got more in return.

Landry for

Moss + Jackson

He agreed

Landy + Inglesius for

Moss + Jackson

He denied

Tell me how that should work? In fact I could go as far to say commishes tampered with my trade, even if it was a bit lopsided at first! I should get a first round pick from one of them in return for this.

Lonestar

Mrbob said:
Lets lay out the facts.

DCX offered me moss.

DCX offered me Jackson.

He AGREED on this trade. This is the key point. It doesn't matter if its stacked or not. He agreed to it. So I send it in and it gets a fishy denial, fine. I was told I needed to add another player. So I looked at his depth chart and realized he didn't have any WR depth, so I gave him one of my up and coming WR in return. DCX then decides to not do the trade even though HE AGREED TO A WORSE one. IT was the same trade, and he got more in return.

Landry for

Moss + Jackson

He agreed

Landy + Inglesius for

Moss + Jackson

He denied

Tell me how that should work? In fact I could go as far to say commishes tampered with my trade, even if it was a bit lopsided at first! I should get a first round pick from one of them in return for this.

It's simple: He hadn't thought it all through at the beginning. The more he sat there looking at the trade, he eventually talked himself out of doing it. I'm pretty sure most of us has gone through this event since the league started. I know I was really close to calling off the Seymour trade to Rorschach. And CB3 had almost totally called off the trade involving Wilfork (that changed into Warren), after Commish Tampering.

Mrbob

Actually no. He changed his mind after he told me the commishes were laughing his way at this trade. So that is what I call tampering with trade negotations.

Lonestar

Mrbob said:
Actually no. He changed his mind after he told me the commishes were laughing his way at this trade. So that is what I call tampering with trade negotations.

Actually, yes.

I usually ask certain people not involved in a trade I might be working out, to see if it's too lopsided or stupid. He basically took the "advice" he recieved in the form of laughter, and deducted that the trade was stupid, and moved on.

Wellington said:

They ran the run n' shoot offense during Glanville's and Jones' tenures so they were VERY pass happy back then.

NFL Passing Game Success
1989 Houston Oilers: Warren Moon - 280/464 for 3631 yards and 23 TD vs. 14 INT
1990 Houston Oilers: Warren Moon - 362/584 for 4689 yards and 33 TD vs. 13 INT
1992 Houston Oilers: Warren Moon - 224/346 for 2521 yards and 18 TD vs. 12 INT
1990 Detroit Lions: Rodney Peete - 142/271 for 1974 yards and 13 TD vs. 8 INT
1991 Detroit Lions: Erik Kramer - 136/265 for 1635 yards and 11 TD vs. 8 INT
1990 Atlanta Falcons: Chris Miller - 222/388 for 2735 yards and 17 TD vs. 14 INT
1991 Atlanta Falcons: Chris Miller - 220/413 for 3103 yards and 26 TD vs. 18 INT
1992 Atlanta Falcons: Chris Miller - 152/253 for 1739 yards and 15 TD vs. 6 INT
1992 Atlanta Falcons: Wade Wilson - 111/163 for 1366 yards and 13 TD vs. 4 INT
1993 Atlanta Falcons: Bobby Hebert - 263/430 for 2978 yards and 24 TD vs. 17 INT
1994 Atlanta Falcons: Jeff George - 322/524 for 3734 yards and 23 TD vs. 18 INT
1995 Atlanta Falcons: Jeff George - 336/557 for 4134 yards and 24 TD vs. 11 INT

NFL Running Game Success

1993 Atlanta Falcons: Erric Pegram - 292 carries for 1185 yards and 3 TD
1995 Atlanta Falcons: Craig Heyward - 236 carries for 1083 yards and 6 TD
1996 Atlanta Falcons: Jamal Anderson - 232 carries for 1055 yards and 5 TD

1992 Houston Oilers: Lorenzo White - 265 carries for 1265 yards and 7 TD
1993 Houston Oilers: Gary Brown - 195 carries for 1002 yards and 6 TD
1989 Detroit Lions: Barry Sanders - 280 carries for 1470 yards and 14 TD
1990 Detroit Lions: Barry Sanders - 255 carries for 1304 yards and 13 TD
1991 Detroit Lions: Barry Sanders - 342 carries for 1548 yards and 16 TD

NFL Receiving Game Success

1990 Houston Oilers: Haywood Jeffires - 74 catches for 1048 yards and 8 TD
1990 Houston Oilers: Drew Hill - 74 catches for 1019 yards and 5 TD
1991 Houston Oilers: Haywood Jeffires - 100 catches for 1181 yards and 7 TD
1991 Houston Oilers: Drew Hill - 90 catches for 1109 yards and 4 TD
1991 Houston Oilers: Ernest Givins - 70 catches for 996 yards and 5 TD
1989 Detroit Lions: Richard Johnson - 70 catches for 1091 yards and 8 TD
1990 Atlanta Falcons: Andre Rison - 82 catches for 1208 yards and 10 TD
1991 Atlanta Falcons: Michael Haynes - 50 catches for 1122 yards and 11 TD
1992 Atlanta Falcons: Andre Rison - 93 catches for 1119 yards and 11 TD
1993 Atlanta Falcons: Andre Rison - 86 catches for 1242 yards and 15 TD
1994 Atlanta Falcons: Terance Mathis - 111 catches for 1342 yards and 11 TD
1994 Atlanta Falcons: Andre Rison - 81 catches for 1088 yards and 8 TD
1995 Atlanta Falcons: Eric Metcalf - 104 catches for 1189 yards and 8 TD
1995 Atlanta Falcons: Terance Mathis - 78 catches for 1039 yards and 9 TD
1995 Atlanta Falcons: Bert Emanuel - 74 catches for 1039 yards and 5 TD

Mrbob

You want me to give you the aim log with DCX where he said the commishes were laughing at him about this trade?

I can pull it up for you, I did it last night. Doesn't that help to give him pause? This was in the middle of trade negotiations.

I.E. Tampering

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Lets lay out the facts.

DCX offered me moss.

DCX offered me Jackson.

I never came to him about this, he dropped this on my doorstep. He AGREED on this trade. This is the key point. It doesn't matter if its stacked or not. He agreed to it. So I send it in and it gets a fishy denial, fine. I was told I needed to add another player. So I looked at his depth chart and realized he didn't have any WR depth, so I gave him one of my up and coming WR in return. DCX then decides to not do the trade even though HE AGREED TO A WORSE one. IT was the same trade, and he got more in return.

Landry for

Moss + Jackson

He agreed

Landy + Inglesius for

Moss + Jackson

He denied

I'm glad you got your facts Bob Linus. Regardless of agreement to the original deal ( which i did, i'm bored wtf i hate waiting to play :/ ) it was rejected which made it null and void. Even though the second deal was indeed better for me than the first, i declined as i figured Moss for Landry was enough but you didn't want that, so i nixed it in hopes of going to my secondary deal that was on the table, which we BOTH agreed to and is awaiting approval.

DCX

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
It's simple: He hadn't thought it all through at the beginning. The more he sat there looking at the trade, he eventually talked himself out of doing it. I'm pretty sure most of us has gone through this event since the league started. I know I was really close to calling off the Seymour trade to Rorschach. And CB3 had almost totally called off the trade involving Wilfork (that changed into Warren), after Commish Tampering.
I had 3 people back out of trades for WRs at the very last possible second in the first off-season. Shit happens. It's not like it's written in stone. If it's agreed upon and sent to the commishes, it should be considered a done deal (no backsies!), but if it is rejected by the commissioners, then that deal is essentially dead and a new one must be agreed upon. If it's approved, then the players MUST be exchanged.

Lonestar

Mrbob said:
You want me to give you the aim log with DCX where he said the commishes were laughing at him about this trade?

I can pull it up for you, I did it last night. Doesn't that help to give him pause?

I.E. Tampering

I know they tamper. I was slighted twice this past offseason. Once with CB3 and The Wilfork/Warren thing, and again on the early attempt to get Slaton (along with Slaton being forced to be "overvalued")

But a person can say no, before the trade is finalized. At this point, it wasn't.

Course, I do want to see a situation come up, where 2 people just say "fuck the police" and complete a trade against the Commish's wishes.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I had 3 people back out of trades for WRs at the very last possible second in the first off-season. Shit happens. It's not like it's written in stone. If it's agreed upon and sent to the commishes, it should be considered a done deal (no backsies!), but if it is rejected by the commissioners, then that deal is essentially dead and a new one must be agreed upon. If it's approved, then the players MUST be exchanged.
applause.gif

And this man is not a commish why?

DCX

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Course, I do want to see a situation come up, where 2 people just say "fuck the police" and complete a trade against the Commish's wishes.
FMT/DM have the power to re-assign players. So you can't.

AstroLad said:
I actually saw the VD commercial when I was up there. And we wonder why the Cards will dominate the NFC West for the foreseeable future?

much like in this league, as soon as dirt warner retires the cards will go back to being bottom feeders where they belong! and the niners will rise to heaven with division title after division title!

Fifty

DCX said:
And this man is not a commish why?

DCX

Rors must have resigned sometime to either do less work dealing with trades, or because he wanted to make bold statements and get no heat for it. I don't know when that was, because I never heard about it, but in the OP Rors is still listed as a commish.

Mrbob

DCX said:
I'm glad you got your facts Bob Linus. Regardless of agreement to the original deal ( which i did, i'm bored wtf i hate waiting to play :/ ) it was rejected which made it null and void. Even though the second deal was indeed better for me than the first, i declined as i figured Moss for Landry was enough but you didn't want that, so i nixed it in hopes of going to my secondary deal that was on the table, which we BOTH agreed to and is awaiting approval.

DCX

Honestly I don't even want the trade anymore, and would have let it go if not for some things said in this thread (not from you). We talked about it last night on aim, its all good. My discussion isn't with the trade anymore, but commishes who are interjecting during said trades. They should either approve or deny, and say no more.

LiveWire

Well in the real NFL tampering can cost an NFL team a draft pick in the next year's draft. And since the commishes are also team owners.....

2ngdhy9.png

I believe in you, Bob!

Who cares. Me and DCX made a better trade

I get Randy Moss and I don't remember what the fuck his name is but he is a cornerback
And DCX gets my first rounder, my WR Turner, and my CB Smith

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
You just keep sending the players back and forth. Make it a constant player change war!
:lol

Fifty said:
Rors must have resigned sometime to either do less work dealing with trades, or because he wanted to make bold statements and get no heat for it. I don't know when that was, because I never heard about it, but in the OP Rors is still listed as a commish.
No, I resigned after the stupid points debacle and because all the work I put into the league trying to make it better was just getting me flak/hate from the rest of the league.

Being able to speak my mind without being called a gestapo is a nice byproduct, though. :D

Also, down with the Nazi commishes! Power to the people!
260z66o.png

Lonestar

ph33nix said:
Who cares. Me and DCX made a better trade

I get Randy Moss and I don't remember what the fuck his name is but he is a cornerback
And DCX gets my first rounder, my WR Turner, and my CB Smith

Heh, this still seems one sided, unless you tank this year. Was the CB Chevis Jackson?

LiveWire said:
Well in the real NFL tampering can cost an NFL team a draft pick in the next year's draft. And since the commishes are also team owners.....

I believe in you, Bob!

I'm down with this. Bob gets the 2nd round picks from all the commishes, and I get all the 3rd round picks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just let the babies have their bottle. Neither of these guys is close to the championship and this move won't put either of them over the top, so whatever. Let them keep blowing up their teams.

here was the course of events:

1. bob asks for trade
2. review with commishes, denied
3. i tell bob and dcx its denied
4. dcx accepts denial and asks why it was denied
5. i tell him why it was denied and advised both of them what it would take to get a deal done

Top Bottom