• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:
EA also found that game had gotten far too complex, said Jeremey Strauser. Of 330 plays for every team, the average player of the game used about 13 plays. The average game is also too long at 63 minutes. And the worst thing about that is the actual game action time in those games is about 17 minutes. The rest of the time is spent picking plays or maneuvering the user interface. So the new theme for Madden 11 this year is “simpler, quicker, and deeper,” Strauser said.[/url]

The average plays used thing is an incredible yet believable stat. A lot of us use double digit plays out of single *formations* let alone entire playbooks. I can see John Q. Public having an inside run, outside run, short pass, med pass, long pass, and then defensive plays...

...and also playing on rookie difficulty and having BS like that actually be effective.

In regards to the 17 minutes of in-game action, between running the clock after completions and rushes in real life, doesn't that proportion sound right?

I want to see what the "deeper" aspect is.

Anyone want to play tonight? I have a few ideas I want to try out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
madden 11 leaked pic
Tecmo_Bowl_NES_ScreenShot4.gif

Rorschach

I think our games, on average, last around 45 minutes. 20 of those minutes are watching the chain gang. :lol

Just cut that shit out and I'm good. They already have incentive to get things moving: it's called a play clock and a timer for defensive play selection.

Rorschach said:
I think our games, on average, last around 45 minutes. 20 of those minutes are watching the chain gang. :lol

Just cut that shit out and I'm good. They already have incentive to get things moving: it's called a play clock and a timer for defensive play selection.

I want a option to disable all cut scenes in madden 11. A) nobody wants to see them and they are pointless and B) It causes the majority of freezes

Also quoting for new page:

LiveWire said:
STRIKER !!!

FA DRAFT ORDER
Ravens - Darren Sharper
Eagles - Taurice Brown
Niners - Joey Keller
Dolphins - Anthony Spencer
Bills - Marshawn Lynch
Bucs - Zak DeOssie
Saints - Brian Westbrook
Chargers - Kevin Payne
Packers - Greg Ellis
Rams - Torry Holt
Redskins - Tony Gonzalez
Cowboys - Herman Johnson
Cardinals - Trevor Pryce
Broncos - Darren Sproles
Jets - Thomas Jones
Vikings - Antoine Winfield
Bears - Josh Sitton
Giants - Gary Brackett
Falcons - Marcedes Lewis
Browns
Jaguars
Colts
Texans
Lions
Patriots
Bengals
Raiders
Panthers
Seahawks

Ladanlian Tomlinson 92 (RB) Texans
Joseph Addai 86 (HB) Dolphins
Willie Parker 86 (HB) Bucs
Larry Johnson 82 (RB) Broncos
Jerious Norwood 82 (HB) Falcons
Xzavious Hewitt 81 (WR) Rams
Glenn Coffee 81 (RB) Niners
James Davis 81 (RB) Browns
Ben Hamilton 81 (LG) Redskins
Daryn Colledge 81 (LG) Packers
Nate Burelson 80 (WR) Seahawks
Harrison Clark 80 (ROLB) 80 (ROLB) Raiders
Jacob Bell 80 (LG) Bengals
Brooks Foster 79 (WR) Rams
Chad Pennington 79 (QB) Cowboys
Khairy Jenkins 79 (HB) Redskins
Fred Robbins 78 (DT) Bucs
Chris Chambers 77 (WR) Chargers
Justin Fargas 77 (HB) Patriots
Alge Crumpler 77 (TE) Broncos
Sean Jones 77 (SS) Jags
Kenny Iwebema 77 (LE) Cardinals
Chris Canty 77 (DT) Giants
Eric Foster 77 (DT) Colts
Alex Smith (TE) Patriots
Chansi Stuckey 76 (WR) Browns
Chris Harris 76 (SS) Panthers
Rocky McIntosh 76 (ROLB) Saints
Charles Johnson 76 (DE) Panthers
George Wrightster 75 (TE) Falcons
Dusty Dvoracek 75 (DT) Bears
Jim Kleinsasser 74 (TE) Vikings
Kawika Mitchell 74 (OLB) Bills
Reggie Kelly 72 (TE) Bengals
Gerald Sensabaugh 72 (SS) Raiders
Marques Douglas 70 (RE) Jets
Baraka Atkins 70 (LE) Sehawks
Bjoern Gutekunst 68 (DT) Lions
Dan Orlovsky 63 (QB) Texans

Rorschach

sableholic said:
I want a option to disable all cut scenes in madden 11. A) nobody wants to see them and they are pointless and B) It causes the majority of freezes
C) it causes bad spots and screw jobs

Most other sports games have moved past this bullshit with "fast play", but since Madden just got refs back, they decided to remind you that they are there every fucking play.

Rorschach said:
C) it causes bad spots and screw jobs

Most other sports games have moved past this bullshit with "fast play", but since Madden just got refs back, they decided to remind you that they are there every fucking play.

That's all it needs really. Just make the accelerated clock part of that mode and it'd be fine.

I'm perfectly fine with them making it simpler and quicker out of the box but I better still have all of the options to make it any length I want especially for offline play.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
The average plays used thing is an incredible yet believable stat. A lot of us use double digit plays out of single *formations* let alone entire playbooks. I can see John Q. Public having an inside run, outside run, short pass, med pass, long pass, and then defensive plays...

...and also playing on rookie difficulty and having BS like that actually be effective.

In regards to the 17 minutes of in-game action, between running the clock after completions and rushes in real life, doesn't that proportion sound right?

I want to see what the "deeper" aspect is.

Anyone want to play tonight? I have a few ideas I want to try out.

Cheesers probably only have like 10 plays they use tops.

As for the 17 minutes thing, reminds me of something I saw on a hockey blog once that bitched about the fact that Roflesburger makes a shit ton of a money when he spends an average of about 5 minutes a game doing something athletic.

Nightz

Matrix

Matrix01_01.jpg

FA DRAFT ORDER
Ravens - Darren Sharper
Eagles - Taurice Brown
Niners - Joey Keller
Bills - Marshawn Lynch
Bucs - Zak DeOssie
Saints - Brian Westbrook
Chargers - Kevin Payne
Packers - Greg Ellis
Rams - Torry Holt
Redskins - Tony Gonzalez
Cowboys - Herman Johnson
Cardinals - Trevor Pryce
Broncos - Darren Sproles
Jets - Thomas Jones
Bears - Josh Sitton
Giants - Gary Brackett
Falcons - Marcedes Lewis
Browns - Kenny Iwebema
Jaguars - Harrison Clark
Colts - Xzavious Hewitt
Texans
Lions
Patriots
Bengals
Raiders
Panthers
Seahawks

Sean Jones 77 (SS) Jags
Alex Smith (TE) Patriots

LukeSmith

FA DRAFT ORDER
Ravens - Darren Sharper
Eagles - Taurice Brown
Niners - Joey Keller
Bills - Marshawn Lynch
Bucs - Zak DeOssie
Saints - Brian Westbrook
Chargers - Kevin Payne
Packers - Greg Ellis
Rams - Torry Holt
Redskins - Tony Gonzalez
Cowboys - Herman Johnson
Cardinals - Trevor Pryce
Broncos - Darren Sproles
Jets - Thomas Jones
Bears - Josh Sitton
Giants - Gary Brackett
Falcons - Marcedes Lewis
Browns - Kenny Iwebema
Jaguars - Harrison Clark
Colts - Xzavious Hewitt
Texans
Lions
Patriots
Bengals
Raiders
Panthers
Seahawks

Sean Jones 77 (SS) Jags
Alex Smith (TE) Patriots

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
I wasn't really looking for a wideout, but A POT year 2 guy with more wheels than my starters? I almost homer'd it for Addai!

What is it with Rams' owners and cutting their #1 WR? First, Storybook did it by cutting Donnie Avery, now Zep cuts Hewitt.

Also, does anyone know how old Harrison Clark (the OLB I picked up) really is in this game? The website says he's 38, but I'm pretty sure he was picked in the Jack English draft.

Smokey

Nightz said:
That's some ugly writing there.

u stfu

the board doesn't lie. hit list will take effect shortly after this petty offseason stuff is over.
I'm ready to debut THE BEAST initiative for Season 4.

Shoutout to Luke for the motivation !

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
Also, does anyone know how old Harrison Clark (the OLB I picked up) really is in this game? The website says he's 38, but I'm pretty sure he was picked in the Jack English draft.
According to sable's spreadsheet, 25.

LukeSmith said:
gimme WR X'Zavious Hewitt

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Zep cut Hewitt???? He was a beast last year. At least he picked up washed up Holt so he can pretend the Rams are still in their glory years.

Birdman02 said:
What is it with Rams' owners and cutting their #1 WR? First, Storybook did it by cutting Donnie Avery, now Zep cuts Hewitt.

In my defense, I cut Avery hoping to be able to get a good CB but it was not to be so. I didn't pick up a better rated but soon to retire receiver.

Fifty

I sent my picks in, since I'm going to work now for about 8 hours..now if it gets to the first pick of round 2, I won't hold people up!

edit: Hewitt's ratings are insane. I like speed so much that I had to consider him with the first overall. If this was season 2, and not winding down, I would have ranked him second, after the Lions safety.

Mrbob said:
:lol

You might want to join him in some classes though after the way you constructed your sentence!
YOU STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THIS BOB!
Smokey said:
get out of here shouldnt u be in the correct thread looking for your balls that mo williams snatched off of you?
you shouldn't be talking to your future commish this way.

LukeSmith

storybook77 said:

Zep cut Hewitt???? He was a beast last year. At least he picked up washed up Holt so he can pretend the Rams are still in their glory years.

Yeah, I remember talking to you about Hewitt pre-draft last year - was glad you took him, even happier that Zep cut him.

Nightz

storybook77 said:

He's trying to coax Kurt Warner out of retirement too.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I wasn't really looking for a wideout, but A POT year 2 guy with more wheels than my starters? I almost homer'd it for Addai!
Me either but like you said he's a ridiculous talent. Guy burned me multiple times last season.

Only knock on him is his height.

LJ11

Hewitt's a midget and isn't that fast. If you're 5'11 and have D.Jackson speed/agi, fine. But 5'11" with 91 speed isn't my thing personally. If he was 6-3" that's a different story.

bluemax

Banned
LJ11 said:
Hewitt's a midget and isn't that fast. If you're 5'11 and have D.Jackson speed/agi, fine. But 5'11" with 91 speed isn't my thing personally. If he was 6-3" that's a different story.
Sure but since I have the last pick he's better than a retread RB. Especially when I already have two RBs.

And with all this remainings RBs no one is going to offer me shit for Jackson at this point.

LJ11 said:

This midget made multiple catches for me in traffic and was the only reliable over the top deep threat on the Rams.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:

You're such a size queen!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Regarding Hewitt, he was the other pick I went back and forth on here. If I didn't get CJ it would have been a no brainer. But as it was Hewitt would have been competing with Manningham for passes in an offense that doesn't pass much... whereas Brackett is an immediate upgrade against the run but a downgrade against the pass as compared to Boley.

Boss, Nicks, Beckum, and CJ are all good big threats, I need another little speedy guy if possible.

LJ11

It does dude. Toliver went for 900+ yards and 10+ TDs all because of his height/speed combo.

Hewitt's a good WR, but I can see why Zep cut him when there are similar WR's in this draft. Last year had a bunch of tall wideouts, regret not taking one.

I hate these midget receivers.

Top Bottom