• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
There's a no subs rule this year! FMT's decree!

FMT said:
there will be NO fill-ins this year UNLESS someone is the owner of the team full time and is out of town for a weekend or something. but continued fill-ins for the same team won't happen. i know the dolphins are having a fill-in for the first few weeks, but it is going to be ONE GUY (woodchuck) filling in for every game, so there are no surprises

----
Unrelated but, Bob, I am dropping Grossman to make room for rookies, he's all yours.

Mrbob

grossman-champs.jpg

rex_grossman.jpg

I'll get him after you drop him. :D He can back up Jcut!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
----
Unrelated but, Bob, I am dropping Grossman to make room for rookies, he's all yours.
Doesn't the game cut your lowest 7 guys pre-draft even if you have room? I need to go pick up some fillers with all the retirements I had.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AstroLad said:
Doesn't the game cut your lowest 7 guys pre-draft even if you have room? I need to go pick up some fillers with all the retirements I had.

Yes and that's why you need to be aware of your roster before the draft so you can pick your players up again.

Of course you can always leave any of the 7 for other teams to pick up though.

David Carr is my lowest rated player :lol and will be cut, but I'm picking him up again. Sorry FMT!

LukeSmith

First Round Draft Order [currently announced]

1. Chiefs - CPU/Autodraft
2. Rams
3. Dolphins - Falcons
4. Panthers
5. Lions - teehee
6. Jets
7. Titans - CPU autodraft
8. Redskins
9. Browns
10. Texans - Bills
11. Vikings - Bills
12. Patriots
13. Cardinals - Redskins
14. Seahawks
15. Jaguars
16. Falcons - Broncos
17. Ravens
18. Buccaneers
19. Steelers
20. Giants - Lions
21. Chargers
22. Cowboys
23. Bengals
24. Packers
25. Eagles
26. Bears
27. Bills
28. Broncos
29. Saints
30. Colts
31. 49ers
32. Raiders

TheCrow

Round 2
Ravens - Ladainian Tomlinson
Eagles - Sean Jones
Niners - Brooks Foster
Dolphins - Joseph Addai
Bills - Rocky Mcintosh
Bucs - Willie P
Saints - Bjoern
Chargers - Chansi Stuckey
Packers - Jerious Norwood
Rams - Alex Smith
Redskins - Fred Robbins
Cowboys - Chris Chambers
Cardinals - Chad Pennington
Broncos - Eric Foster
Jets - Chris Harris
Vikings - Chris Canty
Bears - James Davis
Giants - Dusty Dvoracek
Falcons - Glenn Coffee
Browns - Larry Johnson
Jaguars - Gerald Sensabaugh
Colts - Kawika Mitchell
Texans - Justin Fargas
Lions - Marques Douglas
Patriots -
Bengals -
Raiders -
Panthers -
Seahawks -

George Wrightster 75 (TE) Falcons
Jim Kleinsasser 74 (TE) Vikings
Reggie Kelly 72 (TE) Bengals
Baraka Atkins 70 (LE) Seahawks
Dan Orlovsky 63 (QB) Texans

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I know. I thought the rule was both guys had to be over 75.
Not really complaining. If I would have given more, I wouldn't be in this mess I guess. And I'd take a 60 rated player if he had something unique to offer. None of these...things interest me, though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
So, do we know who the top 5 picks will be at this point or is it pretty much unknown?

I can assume Tristan the QB, the top 2 RB's (Okoye and Taylor) and Perry the WR. Figure one of those higher rated LB's, or that one safety.

Rorschach said:
Not really complaining. If I would have given more, I wouldn't be in this mess I guess. And I'd take a 60 rated player if he had something unique to offer. None of these...things interest me, though.

Yeah, I know. I could have thrown Slaton, Welker, or Watson to balloon up my numbers, but I've never put in a sub 75 player either (Hello Texans, Seahawks, Jets, Bengals and Vikings!!)

LJ11

Wellington said:
Dusty Dvoracek, DT.

LJ - What happened with Bills DT John McCargo? I remember the Giants were very interested in drafting him but the Bills took him in round 1. He was from that NC State Line that had Manny Lawson and Mario Williams on it. He hasn't gotten much play time IRL.

He's a lazy fuck is what happened. No effort, he's shown flashes, but the dude received his pay day and mailed it in. Still on the roster though, no idea why.

LJ11

DenogginizerOS said:
Will the CPU just take the best player available overall or does it have a magical way of knowing what the team needs?

I've seen the CPU take a RT when the RT on the roster was 90+.

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
Will the CPU just take the best player available overall or does it have a magical way of knowing what the team needs?

The CPU is unpredictable - it uses a mix of Al Davis and Matt Millen logic

Nightz

Lonestar said:
Yeah, I know. I could have thrown Slaton, Welker, or Watson to balloon up my numbers, but I've never put in a sub 75 player either (Hello Texans, Seahawks, Jets, Bengals and Vikings!!)
Next year I'll drop Palmer and Ochocinco.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
I can assume Tristan the QB, the top 2 RB's (Okoye and Taylor) and Perry the WR. Figure one of those higher rated LB's, or that one safety.

I gave my FA cuts in before my trades went down. I had the least amount of 80 rated players on my team besides the Rams, no way was I giving up a 75 rated player at the time after I had also thrown in the 92 rated LT.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
It's not team needs and it's not highest rated player available. Bears took Jack English to sit behind Cutler, Falcons took Okoye to sit behind Turner, etc.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
I gave my FA cuts in before my trades went down. I had the least amount of 80 rated players on my team besides the Rams, no way was I giving up a 75 rated player at the time after I had also thrown in the 92 rated LT.

If you just gave 1 guy at 75 instead of 60, you'd have picked 5th or 6th, instead of 7th from the bottom!

Matrix

Lonestar said:
If you just gave 1 guy at 75 instead of 60, you'd have picked 5th or 6th, instead of 7th from the bottom!

Nothing wrong with the bottom. I was more worried about getting my trades done. I was pretty confident with them going through.

Would have backfired big time thought if they hadn't, risk I took.

LukeSmith

Mock Draft, Picks 1-15
  • 1. Chiefs - Tristan Riley, QB
  • 2. Rams - Jelani Okoye, RB
  • 3. Falcons - Ben Gray MLB
  • 4. Panthers - Jamel Hale, CB
  • 5. Lion$ - Abdul Ross ROLB
  • 6. Jets - Eduardo Pita RG
  • 7. CPU Titans - Isaac Clancy, LE
  • 8. Redskins - Aziz Perry, WR
  • 9. Browns - LeMarcus Taylor, HB
  • 10. Bills - Jay Sonnier, MLB
  • 11. Bills - Allen Walters, SS
  • 12. Patriots - Joker Jones, HB
  • 13. Redskins - Brandon Weatherspoon, CB
  • 14. Seahawks -Angelo LeGree, RT
  • 15. Jaguars - Andre Hudson, FS

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Mock Draft, Picks 1-15
  • 13. Redskins - Brandon Weatherspoon, CB
    [*]15. Jaguars - Andre Hudson, FS

I'd be OK with that. I've set a draft board that should cover me through my 2nd pick (maybe even 3rd), so hopefully I don't get screwed by the AI.

DCX

DCX
ESPN

It was reported that the Bills are in talks with the Rams regarding a package that would send the 10th and 11th picks to St Louis in exchange for the second and pieces. The reasoning? Tristan Riley .

Lonestar

Only RB I'd take with my pick would be Taylor. There's not alot of improvement in what I have with Joker. Though the name is kick ass.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Mock Draft, Picks 1-15
  • 13. Cardinals - Brandon Weatherspoon, CB
I like the outcome here, but I've never seen a QB go in the top 5. What about this:

• 1. Chiefs - Eduardo Pita, G
  • 2. Rams - Tristan Riley, QB
  • 3. Falcons - Ben Gray, MLB
  • 4. Panthers - Aziz Perry, WR
  • 6. Jets - Angalo LeGree RT
  • 7. CPU Titans - Jelani Okoye, HB
  • 8. Redskins - Jay Sonnier, MLB
  • 10. Bills - Jermichael Hardaway, QB
  • 13. Redskins - Angalo LeGree
  • 14. Seahawks - Brandon Weatherspoon, CB

[edit]
I can guarantee you I'd take Angelo LeGree before taking a cornerback. I'd also take Andre Hudson before taking a cornerback
. I got one right!

DCX

DCX
ESPN

Reports out of Atlanta are the front office is still looking to make one more move hoping to get depth on this young and promising Atlanta team. The phone lines are open.

DCX

Top Bottom