• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

It's a little early, but the game is a month away so I want to get it started now!

Anyways, most of you know the rules, but for newcomers that are interested here is the low down:

1. this is a sim league. no going for it every 4th down, no running the no-huddle all game, no abuse of whatever exploit this years game has. just be cool man

2. we play 2 games a week. we advance every wednesday @ 9pm pst and every saturday at 9pm pst. if the games finish before then, we advance when the last game is finish. if you don't have the time to play 2 games a week, don't join. you'll just have people mad at you that are waiting to advance.

3. riffing on that, if you are easily angered and feel that losing may cause you to quit, then don't bother joining. we all lose. we all get screwed out of a win we deserved somehow. a guy gets lucky, your guy gets hurt, the madden AI gods decide to make your guys fumble or blow coverages or whatever. dealwithit.gif. venting is fine, but if you're going to throw a fit and quit every other week it's just not worth it to put yourself through that kind of situation!

4. this isn't a team selection thread. we still have a lot of stuff to work out. multiple people wanting the same team, etc. if you are a newcomer and a vet (a person who has played in multiple seasons with us) already has the team then unfortunately the vet is getting his team. if 2 vets want the same team we are going to figure out how to deal with it and what happens to the loser of said game as far as their new team.

5. the online franchise offseason will take a bit of your time. why? because we have the draft and we have to pretty much run our own version of free agency since EA gimped the online features. if you don't have the time to schedule this stuff then online franchise probably isn't for you.

i will put down the players/teams i know off the top of my head, if i missed you sorry! just post in the thread if you are interested and post the team you would want (again, the team you pick here isn't set in stone, i just want to see what we have):

Courtesy of luke!

Updated list:

1. FMT - 49ers
2. Birdman - Saints
3. Smokey - Texans
4. DCX - Falcons
5. Storybook - Falcons
6. Livewire - Redskins
7. Sableholic - Redskins
8. Wellington - Colts
9. BigAT - Packers
10. LJ - Bills
11. MrBob - Bears
12. Crow - Broncos
13. Luke - Colts
14. Daw - Chiefs
15. Denogg - Jets
16. Rors - Raiders
17. Ramirez - Steelers
18. Chargers - Nightz
19. GCQ - Panthers
20. Somnia - Cowboys
21. Goldlion - Lions
22. DMczaf - Bucs
23. Coldblooded - Eagles
24. Bluemax - Seahawks
25. Lonestar - Patriots
26. astrolad - Cardinals
27. Miguel - Vikings
28. Sanjuro - Bengals
29. Matrix - Ravens
30. Striker - Giants
31. Eznark - Dolphins
32. Peterboy - ?

-----
Waiting list:

1. mcneily
2. azwethinkweiz
3. Jarate
4. Lexxon
5. jacobs34
6. Kave_man
7. Gigglepoo (maybe?)

Alternate View
AFC North

* Ravens - Matrix
* Steelers - Ramirez
* Bengals - Sanjuro
* Browns - TBD

AFC South

* Colts - Luke/Wellie
* Texans - Smokey
* Jaguars - TBD
* Titans - TBD

AFC West

* Raiders - Rors
* Chargers - Nightz
* Broncos - TheCrow
* Chiefs - Daw

AFC East

* Bills - LJ
* Jets - Denogg
* Patriots - Lone
* Dolphins - Eznark

NFC East

* Eagles - CB
* Giants - Striker
* Redskins - Sable
* Cowboys - Somnia

NFC West

* 49ers - FMT
* Cardinals - Astrolad
* Seahawks - Bluemax
* Rams - Livewire

NFC North

* Bears - Bob
* Lions - Goldlion
* Vikings - Miguel
* Packers - BigAT

NFC South

* Bucs - DM
* Saints - Birdman
* Panthers GCQ
* Rams - TBD

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
plus you finally get to use your team. the bungles are someone elses problem now!

Except they will be pretty decent this year..well defensively at least.

Ramirez

Me and Nightz had unfinished business to handle in the North. :( First real challenge I had in that division in years.

attempt to light Fifty's fire, although with how bitter he had become towards me I'm not sure I want him back :p

Rorschach

Not sure if I'm coming back. Same as last year. Depends on when it starts. I'll let you guys know before the game is out, though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Count me in. I might be moving cross the country at some point so I'll let you know if that plan changes FMT.

Rors how could you not play? Like FMT you are anonymous with the league for me.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
Count me in. I might be moving cross the country at some point so I'll let you know if that plan changes FMT.

Rors how could you not play? Like FMT you are anonymous with the league for me.
:( I see how it is.

And it's because real life might get in the way. I was able to last year no problem, though. I expect the same, but I'm not sure yet.

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
plus you finally get to use your team. the bungles are someone elses problem now!
OMG yes.

philip-rivers-chargers.jpg

Ramirez said:
Me and Nightz had unfinished business to handle in the North. :( First real challenge I had in that division in years.

attempt to light Fifty's fire, although with how bitter he had become towards me I'm not sure I want him back :p
I missed you the last couple of seasons in the '10 league. :(

If I somehow got a 360 again it wouldn't be until at least September and that is taking a lot of things into account. So we'll see.

Why the fuck is it the year that the Dolphins get Dansby/Marshall and the Heat get Wade/LBJ/Bosh that is the year I sell my 360?

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
If I somehow got a 360 again it wouldn't be until at least September and that is taking a lot of things into account. So we'll see.

Why the fuck is it the year that the Dolphins get Dansby/Marshall and the Heat get Wade/LBJ/Bosh that is the year I sell my 360?
karma...yes im mad..

DCX

DCX said:
karma...yes im mad..

DCX

karma? my team got the 3 best free agents and an instadynasty. your team got stuck overpaying raymond felton and gave amare stoudemire a max fucking contract.

Sanjuro

I'm certainly in. Patriots are my only choice. Everything else is second...Dolphins third.

Packers then Vikes if I need to pick now.

For those who don't know me from sports threads, DCX and Bob can vouch for me being committed and timely in leagues.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
karma? my team got the 3 best free agents and an instadynasty. your team got stuck overpaying raymond felton and gave amare stoudemire a max fucking contract.
:lol :lol eballs. Enjoy playing NBA Jam...at least you got that, oh waii

DCX

DCX

DCX
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm certainly in. Patriots are my only choice. Everything else is second...Dolphins third.

Packers then Vikes if I need to pick now.

For those who don't know me from sports threads, DCX and Bob can vouch for me being committed and timely in leagues.
indeed, i hate him :D

DCX

DCX said:
:lol :lol eballs. Enjoy playing NBA Jam...at least you got that, oh waii

DCX

its not even eballs its fact. you think its eballs because you're so overwhelmed by the fact that the heat will be kicking new york's ass for at least the next decade

you're paying amare stoudemire one fat max contract. everybody wanted just 1 of the guys we have...WE HAVE ALL OF THEM. DISCOUNTED!!!!!!!!!!!

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
its not even eballs its fact. you think its eballs because you're so overwhelmed by the fact that the heat will be kicking new york's ass for at least the next decade

you're paying amare stoudemire one fat max contract. everybody wanted just 1 of the guys we have...WE HAVE ALL OF THEM. DISCOUNTED!!!!!!!!!!!
and you still will be losing to me in the first round...

DCX

Miguel

I'll take the Texans...

if not, the Redskins are my backup choice.

Then the Niners.

If not them, then I guess the Giants.

Rorschach said:
Miguel would you really participate in this for more than 2 weeks? :\

:lol

good point. i have miguels word that he won't pull a zep. although i also had zeps word he wouldn't pull a zep. then zep pulled a zep as zep usually does.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

good point. i have miguels word that he won't pull a zep. although i also had zeps word he wouldn't pull a zep. then zep pulled a zep as zep usually does.
I have way more faith in Miguel, but he does kinda lose interest fast or gets lost in the scheduling. If he gave you his word, I'm good with that, though!

Let me see if I can stop DCX from gutting the Falcons franchise with trades this year....

(may the best man win, however FMT decides to do it)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We have like 10 threads so ima just throw this here. Ian did an interview with a couple of interesting things

http://gomadden.com/news/footballgame/ian-cummings-talks-madden-11-real-time-physics-and-more/

2.) NBA Elite 11 will feature a physics-based engine, and all the speculation is that if all goes well, the Madden franchise will adopt it in the future. Is it safe to say this is something the team has looked very closely at, or are you content with the new locomotion system and building improvements upon that for several more years?
We are obviously keeping a close eye on the physics systems being integrated into NBA Elite 11 and NHL 11. Physics in a football game is on a much larger scale because of the actual real possibility of 22 players colliding all at the same time in a big pile. The hardware currently would have real problems with this amount of calculation, but we definitely all agree that physics is a core part of football and we will not ignore this aspect of the game. Locomotion, ball physics, artificial intelligence, and general animation quality in general are all also major pieces of the puzzle too – it isn’t wise to try to build a game solely around physics. All of the fundamentals are just as important and we won’t lose sight of that as we push to create the ultimate NFL simulation.

3.) Is a feature like Live Broadcast (in EA SPORTS MMA) something you feel could work in the Madden franchise?
Live Broadcast is definitely a cool feature and something that could work in the Madden franchise, but we always try to use data to help us make our decisions. If Live Broadcasts are received well and also used often, that may affect the priority of when we would want to implement something similar in Madden.

6.) Community member Dylan5412 asks: “As you might know, fellow game NCAA Football 11 removed “rocket catching” last season, and then again in this year’s final build, actively referring to it as an exploit. What is Madden’s take on rocket catching? Do you consider it an exploit, and if so, can we expect the team to try and minimize its appearance in Madden 11 and onward?”
Rocket catching is something of an enigma to us. On the one hand, we want people with great stick skills to be able to have responsive user-catching. We also want players that are good in real life at going up for jump balls (like Larry Fitzgerald) to be accurately represented in the game. On the other hand, we don’t want anything to be “money” where people can build an offense around something that can’t be stopped. Our approach is typically to try to balance user-catching with better defense and higher knockout chances for the players that know what they are doing on defense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am really worried about this year being a simple roster update. Ball carrier mechanics aside, I'm nervous about whether or not they hit some of the problem areas and if some of the exploitable AI issues will return. Seasons 4 and 5 were abominable since at that point every knew what fucked up the AI.

I'm in, but if there are a lot of the same problems, I won't be too interested in playing another five seasons.

LiveWire

I can say up front I'm in for 4 season max. Perhaps we should just set a drop-dead point for the league next season?

BigAT

LiveWire said:
I can say up front I'm in for 4 season max. Perhaps we should just set a drop-dead point for the league next season?
I don't really see the point of hamstringing us from the get go. If people want to continue playing even after a certain number of seasons, they should have the ability to do so. I suppose the only positive is that it would allow you to plan for the appropriate number of years as a GM, but if you know how many seasons you're going to play you should be able to do that without the need for an expiration date on the league. Anyway, the balancing act between preparing for the future and mortgaging everything to play for now is half the fun in GMing.

I've said it a couple of times before, but I'm strongly considering just sticking with the Packers for next season.

daw840

BigAT said:
I don't really see the point of hamstringing us from the get go. If people want to continue playing even after a certain number of seasons, they should have the ability to do so. I suppose the only positive is that it would allow you to plan for the appropriate number of years as a GM, but if you know how many seasons you're going to play you should be able to do that without the need for an expiration date on the league. Anyway, the balancing act between preparing for the future and mortgaging everything to play for now is half the fun in GMing.

I've said it a couple of times before, but I'm strongly considering just sticking with the Packers for next season.

WAT?

Even I am going back to my real team! Plus it's a HUGE downgrade from the Vikings ratings-wise. You gotta try for your real team mang!

Sanjuro

Is there going to be a spot hopefully for me? I'm just curious as league play is my primary reason for getting sports games nowadays.

I'm a full time student currently as well, so don't worry about me not completing games or bailing.

BigAT said:

oh, please do. I want my revenge after that initial beatdown and the 2nd game i threw away

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Based on everything I am reading about NCAA '11, I am already prepared to be let down by Madden. But nothing can replace this league for me as far as video game entertainment. You chowderheads have helped me save money over the last months because very few games give me the enjoyment I get from Madden and this league. :lol

I do look forward to the first season with the Jets.....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
WAT?

Even I am going back to my real team! Plus it's a HUGE downgrade from the Vikings ratings-wise. You gotta try for your real team mang!
But there aren't two other people competing for your real team.

Top Bottom