• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

BigAT

I'm sure our Northern folks in here will get a nice laugh when they see this is the weather that gets our schools closed and the city shut down here in Dallas :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/whypeees/3737AA0B-8102-45AF-BF60-A2A32C73ABBF.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Want to know what you need for your roads?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yTPN8uX.gif

Also, that's ridiculous. The grass isn't even covered in the least.

Want to know what you need for your roads?

yTPN8uX.gif
Lmao

Yeah it's absurd but people here really don't know how to drive in this shit, like I bet there's accidents everywhere already

Smokey

Seriously that shit will get people killed down here in the great state of Texas. Ain't nobody built to handle that on the roads. Shut the city down .

BigAT

So I get that you guys don't have the plows and salt trucks ready to deal with that type of stuff, so what do you guys do if it snows like that? Is the city's only solution to cower inside until it melts on its own?

That's a very drivable amount of snow by the way. I've never understood the "we don't know how to drive in bad weather" exclamation. It's not like we do extensive coursework and training here on how to handle it. Don't drive like an asshole. That's it.

rinse82

Yeah we should start talking about this

So...since we have often done Sundays I'll just stick with that day for now

LEAGUE

ARE YOU TEAM...

Sunday morning 12 ET/9 PT?

Sunday afternoon 4:30 ET/1:30 PT?

Sunday night 9 ET/6 PT?

Just made up those times if anyone needs a variance on it just let us know.

Sunday night.

Smokey

So I get that you guys don't have the plows and salt trucks ready to deal with that type of stuff, so what do you guys do if it snows like that? Is the city's only solution to cower inside until it melts on its own?

That's a very drivable amount of snow by the way. I've never understood the "we don't know how to drive in bad weather" exclamation. It's not like we do extensive coursework and training here on how to handle it. Don't drive like an asshole. That's it.

The city will literally shut down. Well more for ice than snow in my experience. A lot of cars are not AWD down here because it's not really a necessity. Up north I'd assume there are a lot more of those on the road. On top of that people simply aren't used to those conditions. People down here are reckless drivers when it's perfectly sunny. Add in ice and snow and it's a wrap.

LEAGUE

ARE YOU TEAM...

Sunday night 9 ET/6 PT?

I might be out of town anyways but I'd vote Sunday morning!

Also Wellington I should be home by 4:30 pst so you can advance to the NFC title game

LEAGUE

ARE YOU TEAM...

Sunday night 9 ET/6 PT?

Sunday afternoon, but anytime works

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Don't care about the draft. I will be letting the AI do it. Worked out well for me in the other league. It's the last season and I don't have a lot of spots that a rookie can even jump into. I drafted replacements for Rolle and AW should they retire or die.

I'm sure our Northern folks in here will get a nice laugh when they see this is the weather that gets our schools closed and the city shut down here in Dallas :
How is DFW airport? There were some serious issues there last year. Need them to keep up the good work out there.

Also Wellington I should be home by 4:30 pst so you can advance to the NFC title game

You know what really grinds my gears? You've beaten me 100% of the time in the playoffs and probably 80% of the time in the regular season but you're still going about it as if I am eeyoring and now you're trying to out do me. That's fucked up.

brentech

Going to be out of town for this, so those of you that have had the CPU draft for you, did you bother scouting. I know you said it did a good job.
You know If it drafted anyone you scouted if you did bother with it?

Mrbob

Wellie I've been converted to the church of dline play next season. Should be interesting since I've never done it before. Could be a disaster in the making.

Think I'll go full smokey on offense. Just slang it all game long.

If CPU drafting is as powerful as Wellie claims I might let it do work for me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Going to be out of town for this, so those of you that have had the CPU draft for you, did you bother scouting. I know you said it did a good job.
You know If it drafted anyone you scouted if you did bother with it?

I didn't scout because I joined the casual league at the tail end of the season and I couldn't even accumulate enough points for it to be worth it. They nabbed me some really good guys, two with superstar potential.

eznark

Banned
Personally I'd rather get the draft done earlier in the day but realistically, I don't spend enough time on scouting for it to make any difference, so I don't have a preference. If we do it at night I can at least watch the draft while playing dotes.

Mrbob

Why Why don't we let the cpu play our games too

the human element is what makes the draft
I do agree. If I'm available I'll probably draft. Trying to build my team is the fun I have with this years game. I don't really enjoy the onfield action.

At the same time if the CPU knows who to get then I'll have a better pool of players to build from.

Greg

it took me like 15 minutes to use all my scouting points last season

looked at a few key stats across the board for 2 or 3 positions, and they're gone in no time

eznark

Banned

looked at a few key stats across the board for 2 or 3 positions, and they're gone in no time

Then by round three you have no one left that you scouted! At least that's what happens to me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Then by round three you have no one left that you scouted! At least that's what happens to me.

My biggest gripe is how mismanaged the off-season is compared to say, scouting in NCAA from a few years back. Why shouldn't I be able to dedicate more resources during the season and get more scouting done? Say it costs you in the sense that you don't get any game prep time or some other penalty. This system is just so dumb.

After round three nobody is really left worth picking up most of the time for a main need.

Thats when you let Jesus take the wheel.

I picked a random WR who turned out to have 99 speed and 99 acceleration in the fifth round.

Only catch was he couldn't catch, so I put him as a kick/punt returner as I pumped up his stats (he was superstar dev).

eznark

Banned
that's when you go for your players from Wisconsin!

Amen brother. That's my play again. Wish I could scout by college.

This system is just so dumb.
I've poured hundreds and hundreds of hours into OOTP and after using such a robust rsoter management system using the madden stuff has always been super frustrating to the point where I give up on it very quickly.

Greg

My biggest gripe is how mismanaged the off-season is compared to say, scouting in NCAA from a few years back. Why shouldn't I be able to dedicate more resources during the season and get more scouting done? Say it costs you in the sense that you don't get any game prep time or some other penalty. This system is just so dumb.
I don't even think you should be penalized/have to choose between prep and scouting

you should be rewarded with cheaper scouting costs by using the points earlier throughout the season instead of being able to sit on them until after FA with no downside

3737AA0B-8102-45AF-BF60-A2A32C73ABBF.jpg

I lived in Ft Hood briefly as a kid and they closed school once for a quarter inch. Couldn't afford to heat the school or something.

TheCrow

I've poured hundreds and hundreds of hours into OOTP and after using such a robust rsoter management system using the madden stuff has always been super frustrating to the point where I give up on it very quickly.

When is Beyond the Sideline coming out so we can just play that instead?

Mrbob

After round three nobody is really left worth picking up most of the time for a main need.

Thats when you let Jesus take the wheel.

I picked a random WR who turned out to have 99 speed and 99 acceleration in the fifth round.

Only catch was he couldn't catch, so I put him as a kick/punt returner as I pumped up his stats (he was superstar dev).

I've had some nice picks in the later rounds of the draft. I'm sure some of it is dumb luck. No superstars but I have 3 defenders with quick development taken from the 6th round on in the past couple drafts.

The late picks usually take some time to develop though.

BigAT

That's probably the most damning part of it all. They could have literally just stolen the system from NCAA, made a couple of tweaks/adjustments to make it more NFL appropriate, and it would have been better than what they have now.

Smokey knows what's up!

Also, have you guys noticed if high Trucking is what causes WRs and TE's to break tackles more often?

Isn't that the whole point of the stat?

That and the strength modifier helps a ton for breaking tackles. I think it compares both players strength and then does some type of chance roll depending on the difference to see if the tackle gets broken.

Don't care about the draft. I will be letting the AI do it. Worked out well for me in the other league. It's the last season and I don't have a lot of spots that a rookie can even jump into. I drafted replacements for Rolle and AW should they retire or die.

How is DFW airport? There were some serious issues there last year. Need them to keep up the good work out there.

You know what really grinds my gears? You've beaten me 100% of the time in the playoffs and probably 80% of the time in the regular season but you're still going about it as if I am eeyoring and now you're trying to out do me. That's fucked up.

I just don't have a good feeling about it. I've been too inconsistent!

Why don't you just get a powerhouse team like the niners where you don't really need to hit on any draft picks?

DJ Bowser

Isn't that the whole point of the stat?

That and the strength modifier helps a ton for breaking tackles. I think it compares both players strength and then does some type of chance roll depending on the difference to see if the tackle gets broken.

I'd tried googling to be sure, and I've seen people suggest that Elusiveness also results in broken tackles and that the Trucking is only really useful when actively using the right stick to Truck.

It's left me afraid to spend XP.

Trucking is about falling forward / blowing players up. Elusiveness is more breakinh tackles. I feel like Strength and agility help everything pretty much but idk how much.

Mrbob

Trucking is about falling forward / blowing players up. Elusiveness is more breakinh tackles. I feel like Strength and agility help everything pretty much but idk how much.
Strength is always good, and this looks to be one of the failings of drafted players. They all seem significantly weaker in strength than existing players.

DJ Bowser

Strength is always good, and this looks to be one of the failings of drafted players. They all seem significantly weaker in strength than existing players.

This all makes my hopes of turning my TE Mahone into a tackle breaking nightmare with all the xp he got dwindle. Maybe I'll just add 2 to his speed and all it a day.

Morning (12 ET)
ph33
FMT
TheLostBigBoss
EZ
Greg
DJ Bowser
Cola

Afternoon (4:30 ET)
ph33
TheLostBigBoss
EZ
Greg
Cola

Night (9 ET)
ph33
Rinse
Bob
TheLostBigBoss
PistolPete
EZ
Greg
DJ Bowser
Drizzler

IDGAF :
Wellie
Brent

That's who I've seen post about times so far....I put those who could make it all under all 3, and then I guess at the end we'll just take the one that has the most people under it.

DJ Bowser

Morning would be ideal for me.

Night would be my second choice, but I could likely make all three.

My EA feed keeps blowing up with PistolPete joining leagues.... I don't know if I envy or pity him.

Top Bottom