• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Mrbob

9am EST seems to be winning in the morning. Since I can't make 9am PST I vote 9AM EST as well if we are going in the morning.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Isn't that the whole point of the stat?

That and the strength modifier helps a ton for breaking tackles. I think it compares both players strength and then does some type of chance roll depending on the difference to see if the tackle gets broken.

I'd tried googling to be sure, and I've seen people suggest that Elusiveness also results in broken tackles and that the Trucking is only really useful when actively using the right stick to Truck.

It's left me afraid to spend XP.

Trucking is about falling forward / blowing players up. Elusiveness is more breakinh tackles. I feel like Strength and agility help everything pretty much but idk how much.

Strength is always good, and this looks to be one of the failings of drafted players. They all seem significantly weaker in strength than existing players.

I've done a lot of testing when it comes to the STR attribute. Without getting too deep into what my theories are -

- STR matters for blocking in every scenario.
- I have seen no difference between DL with 95+ STR and those with 85-95 STR.
- So far it is inconclusive for me as to whether STR is as important as we make it out with HBs.
- I do not believe that STR makes a difference for the D-Back/WR tackle scenario.

Comparing Andre Williams with Carlos Hyde (widely known as a guy that just falls forward and never goes down easy) - they both have 99 TRK, AW has more strength, but Hyde is more effective with falling forward. I did not set up tests against AP or Lynch.

I had CJ Sanford last year with I think 85 STR, while he was effective breaking tackles, he was not on the level of what we have seen from the real life stars.

In one on one situations with DBs versus WRs, the only variable that I have seen that matters is the defenders TAK. Further, DBs with high TAK routinely bring down high STR running backs and tight ends.I believe I told Bob that the only stat that really matters for me for my safeties are awareness and TAK. If those are good I go PUR.

Maybe I am crazy.

9am EST seems to be winning in the morning. Since I can't make 9am PST I vote 9AM EST as well if we are going in the morning.

It's like if I walk into Hardys and say yes I will have the bigmac combo please. They would say I'm sorry sir we don't sell bigmacs (9 am est) but we do have the Hardys combo (9am pst).

You are ordering something that doesn't exist I'm this league!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Since we never officially advanced:

Divisional Round:

Raiders @ Chargers
49ers @ Giants
Patriots @ Texans
Eagles @ Cardinals

NFC POTW:
LeSean McCoy 20 Carries 107 Yards 2 TD's 3 Catches 34 yards
Malcolm Jenkins 4 Tackles 2 INT's

AFC POTW:
Torrey Smith 9 Catches 211 Yards 2 TD's
C. Mosley 7 Tackles 2 INT's 1 FF

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hope you aren't crazy as I've been going to the Wellie Madden School to upgrade defenders this off season.

I had the #1 scoring D in the league until LostBigBoss blew me up. I readily admit though, I try and build all of my guys to fit the system that I've been tweaking for years.

LegoDad

I've done a lot of testing when it comes to the STR attribute. Without getting too deep into what my theories are -

- STR matters for blocking in every scenario.
- I have seen no difference between DL with 95+ STR and those with 85-95 STR.
- So far it is inconclusive for me as to whether STR is as important as we make it out with HBs.
- I do not believe that STR makes a difference for the D-Back/WR tackle scenario.

Comparing Andre Williams with Carlos Hyde (widely known as a guy that just falls forward and never goes down easy) - they both have 99 TRK, AW has more strength, but Hyde is more effective with falling forward. I did not set up tests against AP or Lynch.

I had CJ Sanford last year with I think 85 STR, while he was effective breaking tackles, he was not on the level of what we have seen from the real life stars.

In one on one situations with DBs versus WRs, the only variable that I have seen that matters is the defenders TAK. Further, DBs with high TAK routinely bring down high STR running backs and tight ends.I believe I told Bob that the only stat that really matters for me for my safeties are awareness and TAK. If those are good I go PUR.

Maybe I am crazy.

Safeties also play alot of Zone. Usually the SS is the weaker of the two because he should run help. Have you looked into PRC vs AWR to see which one affects reads of the plays more?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Safeties also play alot of Zone. Usually the SS is the weaker of the two because he should run help. Have you looked into PRC vs AWR to see which one affects reads of the plays more?

This year, AWR in every scenario IMO. I believe that the combo of ZCV and AWR effectively expands the "circle" that your player covers and makes him way more effective. Man coverage was nerfed this year and as a result pumping XP into PRC is a waste of time. With higher AWR your guys will react faster and better when the ball leaves the QBs hand.

I am in a good scenario with my SS Antrel Rolle, he has both high ZCV and AWR and I only have to worry about his TAK stat.

Edit: For play reads - yeah you want PRC. If you're considering it for PA passes, I don't like to rely on it there. I prefer to make play calls that snuff out the PA issues.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Of course, these are just my theories. Take them with a grain of salt. So far, this has been working for me for years.

I've always thought awareness did something. There are many examples

LegoDad

This year, AWR in every scenario IMO. I believe that the combo of ZCV and AWR effectively expands the "circle" that your player covers and makes him way more effective. Man coverage was nerfed this year and as a result pumping XP into PRC is a waste of time. With higher AWR your guys will react faster and better when the ball leaves the QBs hand.

I am in a good scenario with my SS Antrel Rolle, he has both high ZCV and AWR and I only have to worry about his TAK stat.

Edit: For play reads - yeah you want PRC. If you're considering it for PA passes, I don't like to rely on it there. I prefer to make play calls that snuff out the PA issues.

Hmmm, maybe i've been doing it wrong. I was pumping some into PRC so they would be able to read if it's a run or pass better, therefore mitigating the Counter Runs that everyone loves to run.

LegoDad

Yeah, I pumped everything into PRC this off-season hoping it would help them jump routes.

Now I feel like a fool!

This too, cause they would be able to read the play... Also Awareness pumps up the OVR too quickly, which is also why I was trying to going into PRC.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah, I pumped everything into PRC this off-season hoping it would help them jump routes.

Now I feel like a fool!

This too, cause they would be able to read the play... Also Awareness pumps up the OVR too quickly, which is also why I was trying to going into PRC.

Have you guys experienced an increase in your defenders jumping routes?

Who cares about boosting OVR, all of these guys still come hilariously underpriced when it comes to market negotiations.

LegoDad

Have you guys experienced an increase in your defenders jumping routes?

Who cares about boosting OVR, all of these guys still come hilariously underpriced when it comes to market negotiations.

I've been doing this in the other league, my lions team had enough awareness for the most part. I don't see an increase at all at the moment, which is why I've been getting confused, awareness is fairly cheap XP wise as well.

OVR is also based on how you rate players. If you choose a Big playermaker their attributes are rated differently.

Colasante

Does anyone boost their DBs or LBs catching ability? My guys all have high awareness and get their hands on a lot of balls, but they drop a stupid amount of INTs.

Now I feel like a fool!

Bro you left me hanging with our trade talks.

Also you guys are fucking crazy for wanting a draft at 9 AM on a Sunday. You know people are hungover at that time, right?!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Also you guys are fucking crazy for wanting a draft at 9 AM on a Sunday. You know people are hungover at that time, right?!

You are excused, the rest of these dudes are all old farts that should have been up for at least 2 hours before then on a Sunday.

eznark

Banned

I drink more in a week than you have in your life and I am up by 8 am at the very latest on weekends. Time to grow up.

I saw a video of a DB with 25 awareness and one with 100 awareness. The 100 Awareness DB starting moving to the ball instantly, the 25 awareness DB took like 3 seconds to even change direction from his initial backpedal

DJ Bowser

I don't think I want to not have a first rounder. I'll take a look at your end's stats now though I'm trying to draft a nice superstar level guy or two.

Mostly trying to move back in the first and eventually pick up a second as well.
Also, 90 Ovr WR Corderrele Patterson s on the trade block! Looking for elite defensive players or a late first rounder!

Mrbob

My milestone XP didn't show up yet. :( However, everything is locked off so it might not for me until the playoffs are over. Fingers crossed this is the case.

I saw a video of a DB with 25 awareness and one with 100 awareness. The 100 Awareness DB starting moving to the ball instantly, the 25 awareness DB took like 3 seconds to even change direction from his initial backpedal

My understanding is awareness affects everything this year. I've been pumping a lot of points into awareness and play recognition into my secondary. My defenders have been jumping a lot of passes. Unfortunately they forgot how to intercept passes the last couple weeks of the season. My defense thrives on ints and struggle when I can't get them. Hopefully I put in some tweaks this off season.

My milestone XP didn't show up yet. :( However, everything is locked off so it might not for me until the playoffs are over. Fingers crossed this is the case.

My understanding is awareness affects everything this year. I've been pumping a lot of points into awareness and play recognition. My defenders have been jumping a lot of passes. Unfortunately they forgot how to catch passes the last couple weeks of the season.

I don't see an issue there.

Mrbob

I don't see an issue there.

Haha. :x It works well when Smokey is slanging it because he is going against the strength of my D. It hurts though when people realize the interior of my dline is charmin soft and can pound the ball up the middle all game long. Need some off season tweaking. I'll be shaking up the dline structure this off season.

rinse82

I don't think I want to not have a first rounder. I'll take a look at your end's stats now though I'm trying to draft a nice superstar level guy or two.

Mostly trying to move back in the first and eventually pick up a second as well.
Also, 90 Ovr WR Corderrele Patterson s on the trade block! Looking for elite defensive players or a late first rounder!

You can have Brandon Spikes and a pick

I would love to see Madden code, and the monstrosity it is after years and years of layering new code over legacy shit from a decade ago.

A friend of a friend of mine interned at Tiburon. He told frightening tales of magic numbers everywhere. Mind you this was a decade ago.

B-j-3jWCcAAFa-R.jpg

*Insert Caption Here*

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont give a shit what time it is on Sunday aside from 9AM Pacific time and beyond, but im voting for 9AM Pacific time because bobs pandering is getting annoying and i know he cant make it at 9AM PST.

Suck it, bob.

Rorschach

So at least 6 years of observation based data is trumped by hearsay and conjecture from 10 years ago?

ffWiOjR.gif

I don't have a link to the interview (I'll look for it), but one of the regimes revealed that it does nothing. I think it was the interview with the prima guys. Personally, I never put any points to it, but it sure feels like DBs benefit.

Top Bottom