• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

My O was to beat the Dolphins coverage. If you leave it 1 on 1 over the top against Watkins (or attempt a cover 1), it goes there. If you leave the flats open, it goes there.

Did you just call his TD a deep pass? That one that was a slant down the middle from about 10 yards out?

I would ask you what your offense is but it doesn't look like you have a clue. My closest guess is to run 4 Verts 6-8 times even though you don't have a single receiver with +90 speed.

Well you kept blitzing and I actually audibles to it a bit. That slant was caught like 15-20 yds down the field In the middle of the field, weird slant. My O put up legitimate yards on u. My first half drives were nice. Go ahead and post the punts but I was driving and u were 3 and out over and over, toss it up to Watkins. I don't double anyone, French gets 2 picks any other day. He broke up a lot more jump balls than were successful, u didn't toss it up to him just once or twice don't pretend u did. Just say yeah u got madden GG like anyone else. You know I should've won it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
People wanting acknowledgement from the opposing party that they may have been jobbed a bit in a game of madden is a funny new thing. Being "madden'd" is nothing new but it seems like people REALLY want the other person to say it and make sure they are aware, lately.

Madden won you the game! SAY IT! SAY IT NOW!

Well you kept blitzing and I actually audibles to it a bit. That slant was caught like 15-20 yds down the field In the middle of the field, weird slant. My O put up legitimate yards on u. My first half drives were nice. Go ahead and post the punts but I was driving and u were 3 and out over and over, toss it up to Watkins. I don't double anyone, French gets 2 picks any other day. He broke up a lot more jump balls than were successful, u didn't toss it up to him just once or twice don't pretend u did. Just say yeah u got madden GG like anyone else. You know I should've won it.

what's comical is that you literally just said that was my only offense and now you're saying it got broken up a lot

at no point in the game did you have the lead. you didn't deserve to win shit. hoLd that L drizzLer

in fact you should be completely embarrassed I wa using a completely unfamiliar roster

DCX

DCX
He just wants to win a division title. After years of LJ winning the East he had a shot and you took it away with skywalker Watkins.

DCX

Lol amazing. CB, the asshole is saying I'm making excuses. That's why I'm saying nah I got maddened. He's also admitted to wanting to piss me off for the sake of it. Wake up, ph33 is nothing but a troll.

Yeah I'm embarrassed u threw the ball to the HB 7 times and are bragging. I'm embarrassed you're a commish.

CB3

I didn't say you were making excuses. I don't think I said anyyhing close to the sort, even. All I mentioned was people wanting validation when that happens to them. People aren't stupid. Everyone knows what they see happening in a game of Madden. The postmortem "hey you got robbed bro" isn't exactly necessary.

I didn't say you were making excuses. I don't think I said anyyhing close to the sort, even. All I mentioned was people wanting validation when that happens to them. People aren't stupid. Everyone knows what they see happening in a game of Madden. The postmortem "hey you got robbed bro" isn't exactly necessary.
I didn't say u did. You're not the asshole. The kid antagonizing me after a game of madden is the asshole.

CB3

I didn't say u did. You're not the asshole. The kid antagonizing me after a game of madden is the asshole.

That's just the kind of good ribbing that happens in a league with 30+ men (and lil boss).

You should be in a mumble chat during a dota game when eznark picks tidehunter. Or any Rocket League game with me, AT, and Bowser. Its way worse than anything here.

league is officially

20141126174613!FT-Logo-onLight.jpg

That's just the kind of good ribbing that happens in a league with 30+ men (and lil boss).

You should be in a mumble chat during a dota game when eznark picks tidehunter. Or any Rocket League game with me, AT, and Bowser. Its way worse than anything here.

The madden thread is where I go to see people treat each other in a civil manner after a Dota game, if that's any indication as to what an hour in mumble with these animals is like.

Lol amazing. CB, the asshole is saying I'm making excuses. That's why I'm saying nah I got maddened. He's also admitted to wanting to piss me off for the sake of it. Wake up, ph33 is nothing but a troll.

Yeah I'm embarrassed u threw the ball to the HB 7 times and are bragging. I'm embarrassed you're a commish.
You should be embarrassed thar after 3-4 catches by LeSean McCoy who also happens to specialize in that field, that you continued to neglect him. It's not my fault that you kept playing the wrong defenses

We could have left it at gg game is trash but "i deserved to win i had more yards " is some funny shit

lol at me being the antagonist after you come out swinging with the biggest sore loser post in here in a while

brentech

I am always polite, but fuck you AT.

I've heard AT can be a big meanie in those games but he's always been super nice around me.

Except when we played CS:GO and there were a handful of people he called fucking idiots because they peeked!

I had some1 zoning the flats the majority of plays. I think I was in cover two most of the game even. Also user blew up the most successful screen u ran when I was in the wrong D for it but game sucks. That first half I was just maddened on a ridiculous level and ph33 had a 7 pt lead to show for it. I mean ure talking shit after a game where you HB had three more catches than anyone else. And you were subbing for one of the fairest players in the league to top it off. And besides the Hail Mary drive u opened with 3-4 3 and outs. Just stop.

I had some1 zoning the flats the majority of plays. I think I was in cover two most of the game even. Also user blew up the most successful screen u ran when I was in the wrong D for it but game sucks. That first half I was just maddened on a ridiculous level and ph33 had a 7 pt lead to show for it. I mean ure talking shit after a game where you HB had three more catches than anyone else. And you were subbing for one of the fairest players in the league to top it off. And besides the Hail Mary drive u opened with 3-4 3 and outs. Just stop.

Who's talking shit, the guy who's claiming that he's a more deserving win or the person calling him out on his bullshit?

I like how you called it a hail mary, not once did I call a hail mary. In fact you called more vertical routes than I did. Every time I threw the deep ball you were in a cover 2 zone or cover 1. Check out the film.

And keep talking about the HB getting catches. It's not my fault you made no effort to defend it.

Nobody's ever called me unfair. Your salt levels are extremely high today. People were there watching the stream. Nobody but you is whining!

DJ Bowser

If someone abuses the flats, you have to manually cover it. Adjust your coverage to make sure you're safe overtop and take over the flat defender. Trusting the AI to do it is dangerous.

I've had to do it several games and it's effective to hold the flat passes to 5 yards or less.

If someone abuses the flats, you have to manually cover it. Adjust your coverage to make sure you're safe overtop and take over the flat defender. Trusting the AI to do it is dangerous.

I've had to do it several games and it's effective to hold the flat passes to 5 yards or less.

Thing is, if you watch the film, on most of those throws you'll see that I was letting the route develop. Only passed it to the HB when the others were exhausted. I think I ran maybe two-three plays total where the HB was the primary read. I like how "your HB (LeSean McCoy) caught more ball than anyone" is supposed to be some kind of bad thing on my part. I didn't even run the same passing play more than once.

I guess I should have honor and have a quarter of my passing plays be 4 verts!

4 verts is an audible fool. Keep showing blitz with 1 safety in the box in a game I'm losing and I'll keep audibling to 4 verts.

Definitely called shtick and Flanker Dig more tho but verts is always memorable. Especially when the 97 accel slot receiver, that guy with too low of SPD to run 4 verts, is lining up alongside Jordan Cameron with all the linebackers on the line of scrimmage. Terrible play calls tho ure right! Derp.

remaining games:

packers vs. patriots - sim
steelers vs. bucs - steelers sim win
jags vs. redskins - playing soon i think?
browns vs. bengals - tonight at 7 pm pst?

4 verts is an audible fool. Keep showing blitz with 1 safety in the box in a game I'm losing and I'll keep audibling to 4 verts.

Definitely called shtick and Flanker Dig more tho but verts is always memorable. Especially when the 97 accel slot receiver, that guy with too low of SPD to run 4 verts, is lining up alongside Jordan Cameron with all the linebackers on the line of scrimmage. Terrible play calls tho ure right! Derp.

Oh so what you mean to say is that if I come out in a certain coverage that you're going to take advantage of it and call the play to counter it?

HMMMM

Terrible play calling indeed; that was a prolific 17 points you dropped!

Somnia

remaining games:

packers vs. patriots - sim
steelers vs. bucs - steelers sim win
jags vs. redskins - playing soon i think?
browns vs. bengals - tonight at 7 pm pst?

I thought advance was at 5pm PST? I just got home, but made plans because that's what I read :( ah well guess were still a sim.

Greg

I can go at 9 EST

if we can't play then, Scott gets the sim win since he tried to play me twice and I couldn't make it

Top Bottom