• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

BigAT

Did shit get good while I was gone then revert back to bad this year? Because this just feels like typical Madden to me, not sure what the complaints are necessarily all about.

Colasante

It took me a couple of weeks to get used to this one, but I've come to like it compared to last year. The run blocking is the only big issue I have. It's unrealistically atrocious.

Browns VS Steelers.
Ready, fight!

but muh twitch experience
cry.gif

Didn't you do mocks as well?

DCX

I did. Maybe if I have time I'll do one this year.

I think its one of the best in the past 5 years. Light years ahead of last years game for sure. Opinions!

I actually feel pretty good about offense in this game now that I've learned not to use lead passing. I've thrown a lot of picks but I blame that on playing a couple of games on no sleep. I'm still completing 60% of my passes, something I don't think I ever did in the past. My offensive line feels like shit at times but they're shit in real life so I can't complain about that.

I can't comment much on defense because of my super team.

Ferny

I think its one of the best in the past 5 years. Light years ahead of last years game for sure. Opinions!
I totally agree with this. I'm not sure what it could be in terms of ratings or whatever but defensively it's the most fun I've had for a couple years now. Even running feels SO much better than last year.

brentech

gg AT, that was a pretty fun game.
I hit the wrong button and made manziel leap getting him injured. but it was pretty spectacular :::edit, injured 5 weeks. it was worth it. Literally the only play I started to run with him I believe.

BigAT

gg AT, that was a pretty fun game.
I hit the wrong button and made manziel leap getting him injured. but it was pretty spectacular.

That was amazing. Don't think I've seen an animation like that in the game ever. How long is he out for?

Very GG. I saw Hayden on that TAINT I threw, but I didn't run that play very often and thought the route was just out into the flat, not turning into a wheel at the end which lead the pass right into his hands. Oops.

Also, fuck Heinz Field for seemingly having this song on loop. FUCK it's awful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7GKS60xSs&t=45s

That was amazing. Don't think I've seen an animation like that in the game ever. How long is he out for?

Very GG. I saw Hayden on that TAINT I threw, but I didn't run that play very often and thought the route was just out into the flat, not turning into a wheel at the end which lead the pass right into his hands. Oops.

Also, fuck Heinz Field for seemingly having this song on loop. FUCK it's awful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7GKS60xSs&t=45s

Isn't that song just one of many shitty songs on the Madden sound track

can't say i have too much issue with the run game this year, even though i haven't had much success. there are definitely issues with it but i feel much better about the running game simply because it takes a bit more effort to succeed from what i've experienced. the last couple maddens i have had seasons where i rushed for nearly 2k yards per season with fucking lemichael james. on what planet should that happen?

you take a look at the successful running backs in our league and its guys who are highly rated. i don't really have an issue with that. i do wish the running game was a LITTLE more forgiving, but i wouldn't call it absolutely ridiculous.

i have found when i actually follow my blocks i can have some small success. i have a tendency to always want to bounce it outside, and i just get blown up. of course i have been hit in the backfield my fair share of times but after watching the real life niners run game these past 3 weeks can i be angry at that!?

brentech

I turned off all the music. FIFA soundtrack like 100x better.
It is, but that is especially shitty and repetitive.

For those that missed it, Johnnycopter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7V0aBnu9cM&t=45m50s

It's beautiful.
happytears.gif

The pick you got on me, I really thought that was a clear passing lane. I guess it's what I'm used to last year (getting picked, that is), but I haven't seen many players turn and catch like that this year, so I'll consider myself lucky. Much better game for my QB than last week. I really think it was the rain that fucked him over. Just, total night and day in terms of short/mid ball accuracy.

Never enjoy losing, but that was just an all around fun game with some good moments.

az did pistol not show up? i dont see the game was completed

only 3 games left:

panthers/titans
saints/redskins
bills/jets (DONT LET THIS BE THE LAST GAME LEFT OR ILL SIM YOU THE WIN RINSE!)

Is it just me or are fumbles way down this year? I feel like I've seen very few compared to in the past.

pwill is gone :(

I think for running plays you just have to find the plays that work for your unit. I've had some shitty running gamed and I've had some good running games. Last year I couldn't run the ball worth a shit, ever

And then people this year have run roughshod all over me but that's mostly from being too aggressive at times

az did pistol not show up? i dont see the game was completed

only 3 games left:

panthers/titans
saints/redskins
bills/jets (DONT LET THIS BE THE LAST GAME LEFT OR ILL SIM YOU THE WIN RINSE!)

pwill is gone :(

Well I told him I'd be around at about 6:30 but traffic was shit so I was about 25 minutes late. He wasn't around so I waited about half an hour. Sent him another pm. Hopefully we'll be able to get another time worked out.

Somnia

Heads up to my opponents, I am officially gone on vacation and won't be back till Oct. 18th. I'll be back early on the 18th so if we have a game that falls on that day and it doesn't hold the game up, please wait for me on that one :)

Off to Disney World!

Well I told him I'd be around at about 6:30 but traffic was shit so I was about 25 minutes late. He wasn't around so I waited about half an hour. Sent him another pm. Hopefully we'll be able to get another time worked out.

i have instructed pistol to beat you. sorry :(

Heads up to my opponents, I am officially gone on vacation and won't be back till Oct. 18th. I'll be back early on the 18th so if we have a game that falls on that day and it doesn't hold the game up, please wait for me on that one :)

Off to Disney World!

disney world was cool. probably be cooler if i had kids... or maybe it would be worse i dont fucking know

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
disney world was cool. probably be cooler if i had kids... or maybe it would be worse i dont fucking know

I was able to get to a point that I enjoy going to disneyland, but only with my niece or nephew. So I'd say it's better with kids. But maybe only with a niece or nephew because then you don't have to pay for all their shit.

Somnia

i have instructed pistol to beat you. sorry :(

I was able to get to a point that I enjoy going to disneyland, but only with my niece or nephew. So I'd say it's better with kids. But maybe only with a niece or nephew because then you don't have to pay for all their shit.

I use to go every year, we haven't been since 2010 so I decided to take my Mom this year and go back for her 60th birthday. I'm a bit of a Disney fanboy and love it and have no kids.

One of my favorite places to go, but I can understand how some wouldn't feel that way.

I use to go every year, we haven't been since 2010 so I decided to take my Mom this year and go back for her 60th birthday. I'm a bit of a Disney fanboy and love it and have no kids.

One of my favorite places to go, but I can understand how some wouldn't feel that way.

i actually do just like going. it's more chill and i don't get temporary blackouts like i do at six flags! literally everytime i go on goliath i blackout for a moment right after the big drop and when it starts going in those big circles. i'm assuming it's not healthy!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i actually do just like going. it's more chill and i don't get temporary blackouts like i do at six flags! literally everytime i go on goliath i blackout for a moment right after the big drop and when it starts going in those big circles. i'm assuming it's not healthy!

i think everyone gets that. i get that too! Its what makes it fun!

Is it just me or are fumbles way down this year? I feel like I've seen very few compared to in the past.

I have only seen QBs and WRs fumble. Never a RB.

can't say i have too much issue with the run game this year, even though i haven't had much success. there are definitely issues with it but i feel much better about the running game simply because it takes a bit more effort to succeed from what i've experienced. the last couple maddens i have had seasons where i rushed for nearly 2k yards per season with fucking lemichael james. on what planet should that happen?

you take a look at the successful running backs in our league and its guys who are highly rated. i don't really have an issue with that. i do wish the running game was a LITTLE more forgiving, but i wouldn't call it absolutely ridiculous.

i have found when i actually follow my blocks i can have some small success. i have a tendency to always want to bounce it outside, and i just get blown up. of course i have been hit in the backfield my fair share of times but after watching the real life niners run game these past 3 weeks can i be angry at that!?

I feel like trying to bounce to the outside with a guy like Lynch doesn't work, which makes sense because he doesn't get his yards that way in real life. In my 200+ yard game against Pheenix every run was between the tackles. My offensive line played out of their minds in that game on run plays, even when pheenix stacked the line with 6+ guys they were still pushing him back 4-5 yards at least. I think the other thing I did well in that game was remember to not mash the sprint button until I hit the second level. The physics and controls and run blocking seem to work decently well if you aren't holding sprint.

FMT I can't play tonight if we advance most likely. I'm gonna be going to the bar to get drunk with other game devs.

brentech

I have night at the museum on in the background while I eat. That Egyptian prince dude is the kid from Mr Robot/the Pacific.
These guys in the Baltimore chat in Dota are talking about drugs and exchanging addresses.
Tell Blarry that dota probably isn't for him.

Top Bottom