• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

cdyhybrid

Each draft time/day should pick one person to represent that choice, and have them all play each other in a winner-takes-all game of Overthrow.

C'Mon son. You accepted the co-commish role. You know what you got into. Peasants ranting about clear problems shouldn't shock you.

giphy.gif

McNei1y

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse - as I look at whatever the fuck this android madden app shit is - and I'm not complaining about you guys whatsoever. I just don't see what the issue was with our recent rebellion to vote tonight as a draft time. I mean Browns vs Gingersquad? Who the fuck cares about that game! I also don't see what the issue was with our previous morning drafts in the past (I thought all have gone swimmingly).

I know the draft time is tomorrow and I'm fine with that since I can push aside some time before the night gets old. I'm just looking back on our morning drafts and never saw a problem in logistics. It was early for all of us, especially you west coasters, but it still allowed time to recuperate afterwards any sleep that you missed out on.

In the long run, it's probably not going to matter anyway since I only make a playoff push once every three Madden games (which makes that once every 12 seasons). But it'd be at least nice to have an equal shot at acquiring some scrub in the FA at a reasonable time rather than miss out on social life because 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon during college football season in crunch time isn't important.

tl;dr: fuck you west coasters and your lack of empathy for us east coasters

I expect ranting peasants.

I also expect these peasants to be able to read!

What do you want from me? I jumped the gun when I read the original posts at the top of the page about the draft time and I immediately clicked "Post Reply"

We could be done with the draft by now. Oh what could have been...

:)

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse - as I look at whatever the fuck this android madden app shit is - and I'm not complaining about you guys whatsoever. I just don't see what the issue was with our recent rebellion to vote tonight as a draft time. I mean Browns vs Gingersquad? Who the fuck cares about that game! I also don't see what the issue was with our previous morning drafts in the past (I thought all have gone swimmingly).

I know the draft time is tomorrow and I'm fine with that since I can push aside some time before the night gets old. I'm just looking back on our morning drafts and never saw a problem in logistics. It was early for all of us, especially you west coasters, but it still allowed time to recuperate afterwards any sleep that you missed out on.

In the long run, it's probably not going to matter anyway since I only make a playoff push once every three Madden games (which makes that once every 12 seasons). But it'd be at least nice to have an equal shot at acquiring some scrub in the FA at a reasonable time rather than miss out on social life because 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon during college football season in crunch time isn't important.

tl;dr: fuck you west coasters and your lack of empathy for us east coasters

the league voted for tomorrow night. in other words, there were more people in the league who wanted to draft tomorrow night than saturday morning. i would've been fine with either though!

McNei1y

the league voted for tomorrow night. in other words, there were more people in the league who wanted to draft tomorrow night than saturday morning. i would've been fine with either though!

I smell some east coast turncoats here. Go fuck your mother you traitors!

*this message is brought to you by a guy that would move to San Diego in a heartbeat*

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

You have an equal shot. How is Saturday morning more or less important than Saturday afternoon? You are actively choosing to do something else. What happens when moving it to Saturday morning screws someone else over?

It happens. Ive missed drafts and free agent periods. Someone is always going to lose.

You have an equal shot. How is Saturday morning more or less important than Saturday afternoon? You are actively choosing to do something else. What happens when moving it to Saturday morning screws someone else over?

It happens. Ive missed drafts and free agent periods. Someone is always going to lose.

just like capitalism!

McNei1y

Free Agency FFA is what I mean by being at a loss here.

And yes, someone is obviously going to lose. But here's the difference between morning and afternoon: The afternoon is peak hours of the day given the programming on. Choosing to open a virtual football FA period during real playoff pushing College Football seems like the most inane idea.

It's out of my power and I've accepted that already. I just want you lifeless robots to show some got dang empathy, ffs!

BigAT

PLAY ME FIRST

Dear Mr. Movie Theme,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Friday in draft for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write a post telling you who we think we are.

You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.

But what we found out is that each one of us is a cheeser,
and a spreadsheet maker,
and an FA overbidder,
a D-line user,
and a QB sneaker.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

The Thursday Club.

triTuha.gif

CB3

And yes, someone is obviously going to lose. But here's the difference between morning and afternoon: The afternoon is peak hours of the day given the programming on. Choosing to open a virtual football FA period during real playoff pushing College Football seems like the most inane idea.

It's out of my power and I've accepted that already. I just want you lifeless robots to show some got dang empathy, ffs!

If we start taking into account what people want to watch on TV, nothing would ever get done in this league.

Also no one cares about college football but AZ and AT when Rutgers is playing.
("Playing". Kappa)

DJ Bowser

I care more about college football than the NFL! But I also can sign onto my PS4 for a half hour while I stream whatever game I'm watching.

God bless America.

i sympathize with you my man! as for the free agency FFA.... i mean thats going to last what, a few mins? you can't set a few mins aside to do it? setup remote play, tell your boys you need to go drop a deuce and take the 5 mins to do whatever you need to do with regards to FA!

PLAY ME FIRST

Dear Mr. Movie Theme,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Friday in draft for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write a post telling you who we think we are.

You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.

But what we found out is that each one of us is a cheeser,
and a spreadsheet maker,
and an FA overbidder,
a D-line user,
and a QB sneaker.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

The Thursday Club.

triTuha.gif

That's the last time AT. That's the last time you ever make me look bad in front of the league, you hear me? I make $31,000 a year and i've got a home and im not about to throw it away on some punk like you

But someday when you're outta here and you've forgotten all about this league and they've forgotten all about you, and you're wrapped up in your own pathetic life, I'm gonna be there. That's right. And I'm gonna kick the living shit out of you. I'm gonna knock your dick in the dirt.

Why is McNeily blaming the draft being on a Friday on West Coasters? Most of the people who voted for it are in the midwest/East Coast. I voted for fucking Saturday.

CB3

i only got cod cause my boy phee did and he never buys non sports games so it's like an event

p.s.

i actually love halo 5 and will play with you anytime! warzone should be in every FPS from now on

phee buys non sports games all the time. he just never plays them.

ask him about the witcher. or burnout paradise.

Smokey

i expect to see you all on halo this weekend dammit!

and hopefully smokey doesn't continue to duck me!

real talk im not getting message notifications on xbl or something. ferny sent me messages and i didnt even get them until i checked smartglass.

i expect to see you all on halo this weekend dammit!

and hopefully smokey doesn't continue to duck me!

i'll be there 4sure! although madden season 2 starts.... plus i want to play some jeff goldblum mode in blops3.... plus i have to watch the age of gabbert begin. and i have to finish installing some new rain gutters. it's going to rain again soon here!

Bread

Banned
real talk im not getting message notifications on xbl or something. ferny sent me messages and i didnt even get them until i checked smartglass.
that's what they all say smoke!

i'll be there 4sure! although madden season 2 starts.... plus i want to play some jeff goldblum mode in blops3.... plus i have to watch the age of gabbert begin. and i have to finish installing some new rain gutters. it's going to rain again soon here!
24 hours in a day, I bet you can fit in a good 8 hours of warzone!

Top Bottom