• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Vance to regular season at 9 pm pat on saturday

Sounds good!

So...

1. Friday 7 PM PT draft begins
2. Friday about 9 PM PT draft ends and draft recap starts immediately. You can now change positions and cut players. Get it to 53.
3. Saturday at 9 PM PT, advance to regular season week 1. This is when free agency opens up to everybody.

Unfortunately some of you may have to miss the start of free agency, but that's just the way this shit is going to have to roll. Some will make the draft but miss the start of FA. Some will make the start of FA but not the draft. Some...I mean, DM and Eznark, will miss both!

Are you guys serious.

So Friday night and Saturday night on the east coast have to be devoted to Madden? Kind of absurd.

Can I make a suggestion - Advance to regular season half hour after the Saturday draft time. Gives everyone a chance to get to 53 and change positions and doesn't completely fuck over a weekend for east coasters.

Are you guys serious.

So Friday night and Saturday night on the east coast have to be devoted to Madden? Kind of absurd.

Can I make a suggestion - Advance to regular season half hour after the Saturday draft time. Gives everyone a chance to get to 53 and change positions and doesn't completely fuck over a weekend for east coasters.

I'm not opposed to starting the regular season early, but I wanted to make sure everybody had ample time to change positions and make cuts. But if we can get a large majority voice in here that is in support of starting early, I'm fine with it.

FMT's ultimate decision!

It seems like you don't get penalized for position changes, however, this isn't something I'm 100% certain of. And after last season when I took my two rookie offensive linemen from 60s awareness to 20s awareness, I am not running that risk for myself and others.

Somnia

I'm not opposed to starting the regular season early, but I wanted to make sure everybody had ample time to change positions and make cuts. But if we can get a large majority voice in here that is in support of starting early, I'm fine with it.

FMT's ultimate decision!

It seems like you don't get penalized for position changes, however, this isn't something I'm 100% certain of. And after last season when I took my two rookie offensive linemen from 60s awareness to 20s awareness, I am not running that risk for myself and others.

I'm going to agree with Wellie on this one. I would think we could get the majority of people to get to 53 and change positions before say 12pm pst on Saturday.

If not they can get to 53 before their first game no matter what, they just miss out on the guaranteed no lowering changes in stats when changing positions.

I'm going to agree with Wellie on this one. I would think we could get the majority of people to get to 53 and change positions before say 12pm pst on Saturday.

If not they can get to 53 before their first game no matter what, they just miss out on the guaranteed no lowering changes in stats when changing positions.

What I can do is check in my dummy league is if we can advance to draft week without screwing too much up. We can view the draft board, but the draft won't start until FMT initiates. I need to go through this process to ensure that a disaster won't strike though.

Anyways, the whole reason I'd do this is because I can then see who will go over 53, and we can alert those people. But yeah, I'm hoping that the league as a whole, between Friday night and Saturday morning/early afternoon, can take care of what they need to.

And then we need to make sure plenty of people are on board with this. FMT already declared 7 PT, but if a whole bunch of you are okay with going to the regular season at say, 12 or 1 PT, then I think that might work.

Are you guys serious.

That seems fair

Are you ok if I advance to draft week? There's really nothing to do in free agency recap week. We can at least get a heads up as to who's going to need to cut whatever.

well my only issue with advancing to draft week now is what if someone has scouting points left they want to use? those points will be gone once you vance and you cannot scout during draft week

BigAT

Are you guys serious.

FMT is A) west coast and B) a nerd, so of course he would launch this prejudiced attack on cool east coasters like us. Out of jealousy I suspect.

FMT is A) west coast and B) a nerd, so of course he would launch this prejudiced attack on cool east coasters like us. Out of jealousy I suspect.

the only thing i am jealous of with the east coast is... i can't finish this sentence

Can you look at who's draftable next week? Before the draft starts, I mean

sure

p.s.

does anyone know with the players in the draft the difference between "talent" and "projected"? example, im looking at wr and keelyan stills "is currently projected as a early 1st rounder based on his skills" but then it says "Talet: 2, late 2nd rounder".

wat

Sokantish

the only thing i am jealous of with the east coast is... i can't finish this sentence

sure

p.s.

does anyone know with the players in the draft the difference between "talent" and "projected"? example, im looking at wr and keelyan stills "is currently projected as a early 1st rounder based on his skills" but then it says "Talet: 2, late 2nd rounder".

wat

I figured the projected thing was just their guesses before seeing stats. Then once you see his stats, based on the stats that is his draft value

I figured the projected thing was just their guesses before seeing stats. Then once you see his stats, based on the stats that is his draft value

it just doesn't make any sense though. take that wr i mentioned. he has better scouted top 3 stats than another guy i scouted. he also has a better combine grade overall. BUT, the other guy, with worse scouted stats, is projected as a mid 1st rounder on his talent level AND skills. wtf!

Sokantish

Maybe it revealed more than just those three stats to the AI so they factor in awareness and all that junk. Madden is a mystery to me

Don't let the spreadsheets fool you #nerdduringthedaypartyatnight

i'm a nerd day AND night!

also i did a test draft in a dummy franchise league. without scouting anyone, and only using the combine grades, my results weren't great. i got a couple good players (out of 10) but that was early in the draft.

i do like that right after you draft a guy, it immediately grades your pick (excellent, good, reach, etc) and gives you their full stats

BigAT

D9jhY90.gif

Don't let the spreadsheets fool you #nerdduringthedaypartyatnight

Steve Urkel on the streets, Stefan Urquelle in the sheets.

brentech

I played enough of SW Battlefront during the beta to remember, oh yeah, I still generally hate games focused on mutli-play shooters. Cancled the pre-order which I only made because it was 25% off.

Works out since Fallout going to get all the time anyways.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
i'm a nerd day AND night!

also i did a test draft in a dummy franchise league. without scouting anyone, and only using the combine grades, my results weren't great. i got a couple good players (out of 10) but that was early in the draft.

i do like that right after you draft a guy, it immediately grades your pick (excellent, good, reach, etc) and gives you their full stats
Can't wait. My first rounder is locked in i hope none of you guys take him

PS its Desean Minor.

CURRENT SCHEDULE:

Draft: Friday @ 7 pm pst
Free agency/pre-season start: Saturday @ 11:30 am pst
Regular season starts: Saturday @ 12 pm pst

the reason for the delay between the end of the draft and start of pre-season is to give people a chance to do positions switches.

McNei1y

Man, right now would be a great time to draft!

And fuck. I can't do anything about free agency (which I'm going to need desperately) Saturday night at 10pm.

Like that's any better? College Football and I'm going to UMD homecoming this weekend. 7am PST sounds like a grand idea.

Yeah yeah. Two people clearly pointed out I missed your post. Point still stands.

7am on a saturday doesn't sound grand to best coasters! dont worry, the FA scraps will be waiting for you whenever you have time!

Top Bottom