• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Im getting the feeling alot of you are gonna have some cap issues going forward.

that's why I decided to pull back this year, all those big name contracts means that more players are gonna be either cut or let go to FA.

I think next year is gonna have a lot of insane pieces on the market.

It's not a sprint, it's marathon, never know who's gonna retire or who's gonna get put on IR after week 2!

Alright, so this is what happens directly when the draft is finished:

1. Draft Recap
Rookie Signings - You see their contracts. Who gives a fuck
Adjust Roster - Change player positions

And that's it. You can't sign anybody, you can't trade anybody, however you CAN release players.

2. Pre-Season Week 1
Everything opens up again. We can cut, trade, sign, etc.

3. Pre-Season Week 4
Last week to cut

So maybe this?
1. Friday night - 7 PT draft
2. Adjust player position/release players available starting at about 9 PT on Friday. (Unless you fucks take every second to make your pick) If you are done with free agency, please count the players on your team and make sure it isn't over 53. The sooner you can do this the better!
3. Advance to Preseason Week 1 Saturday night no later than 7 PT, or when league declares they're done changing positions/releasing scrubs. This is when people can begin signing shitty free agents.
4. Advance to Regular Season Week 1 on Sunday night, or when league declares they're done signing scrubs/releasing scrubs

Although, I would say that if we can get our cuts out of the way sooner, we can basically advance to regular season week 1 on Saturday night right? Because it's not like us advancing to regular season week 1 will change who is in the free agent pool.

DJ Bowser

I'm all for having some time after the draft to sign FA's and make position changes, but shouldn't we definitely be able to move into the regular season Saturday?

I'm all for having some time after the draft to sign FA's and make position changes, but shouldn't we definitely be able to move into the regular season Saturday?

Yeah I edited my post just as you made yours

The only issue with advancing straight into the regular season from Draft Recap week is people having to cut players, but that's why I asked people to take care of that between Friday and Saturday night as they peruse their roster to make position changes. And then we can say at a set time that we will go to the regular season so people can sit by their PS4s and sign some undrafted cheese

So is FA open to everyone directly after the draft? How is that going to work?

Directly after the draft, is the draft recap. In this week all you can do is adjust player positions and release players, but to release players you have to go to your roster screen and count it. Doesn't really take long though. It would be great if people could make their cuts then.

FA is open once we hit the first week of pre-season but we never play pre-season---so if we're able to get people to make cuts in the "Draft Recap" week (Which will span from late Friday to late Saturday), we have the option of simulating straight to the regular season (We will have injuries off, I assume) and then people can sign whoever they want unless we have a CPU team taking them away (Which we don't). If people don't make cuts right after the draft and we have to wait on them that can potentially add an extra useless day.

DJ Bowser

Can people make position changes during preseason?

If so then there may not be any reason to stay in draft recap, people can sign FA's immediately and can even play a preseason game for fun.

brentech

Anyone actually drafted?
Will the guys that I've marked to watch still have some sort of mark on them during the draft. If so, Not going to bother doing anything else.

If so then there may not be any reason to stay in draft recap, people can sign FA's immediately and can even play a preseason game for fun.

Right after the draft is the only time you can switch to certain positions.

Ferny

And what about the people who can't make Friday night? Seems unfair that the people who were able to make that draft time are then able to sign FAs right away too.

Alright, so this is what happens directly when the draft is finished:

1. Draft Recap
Rookie Signings - You see their contracts. Who gives a fuck
Adjust Roster - Change player positions

And that's it. You can't sign anybody, you can't trade anybody, however you CAN release players.

2. Pre-Season Week 1
Everything opens up again. We can cut, trade, sign, etc.

3. Pre-Season Week 4
Last week to cut

So maybe this?
1. Friday night - 7 PT draft
2. Adjust player position/release players available starting at about 9 PT on Friday. (Unless you fucks take every second to make your pick) If you are done with free agency, please count the players on your team and make sure it isn't over 53. The sooner you can do this the better!
3. Advance to Preseason Week 1 Saturday night no later than 7 PT, or when league declares they're done changing positions/releasing scrubs. This is when people can begin signing shitty free agents.
4. Advance to Regular Season Week 1 on Sunday night, or when league declares they're done signing scrubs/releasing scrubs

Although, I would say that if we can get our cuts out of the way sooner, we can basically advance to regular season week 1 on Saturday night right? Because it's not like us advancing to regular season week 1 will change who is in the free agent pool.

Sounds good!

We need to Vance preseason week by week or it screws with shit

What do you mean? Like will something about them change? If that's what you asked, no nothing about them changes. They'll stay on your watch list. I have a watch list myself, this is basically the guys I'm going to want the most.

And I repeat again:

You know what, fuck it. I won't repeat it. Somnia read it right the first time. You should all be able to as well!

Draft Recap which happens immediately after the draft is the only time you can change player positions.

Ferny

What do you mean? Like will something about them change? If that's what you asked, no nothing about them changes. They'll stay on your watch list. I have a watch list myself, this is basically the guys I'm going to want the most.

And I repeat again:

You know what, fuck it. I won't repeat it. Somnia read it right the first time. You should all be able to as well!

Draft Recap which happens immediately after the draft is the only time you can change player positions.

I was responding to Bowser. Reaaaaaaaaaad

I was responding to Bowser. Reaaaaaaaaaad

I didn't reference you anywhere.

READ

I state again:

Draft recap is the only time you can change player positions. You can't add people. However, the only thing that matters after changing positions is making sure you aren't over 53. So if you are over 53, please take the time to cut your players while you're in draft recap week.

The reason we don't need the pre-season is that if we can get everybody to make cuts, we can go from the draft recap to the regular season since we'll all be on the same time table to get free agents

brentech

Obviously nothing is going to change about them. I just wanted to make sure the game didn't go into full mongoloid mode and actually kept my player watch on so I knew my draft targets.

Obviously nothing is going to change about them. I just wanted to make sure the game didn't go into full mongoloid mode and actually kept my player watch on so I knew my draft targets.

I can't promise that EA won't do this to you.

So you weren't referencing Somnia's response to me and Drizz....okay lol

I read what you said. I just didn't want to give my boy Bowser another hard single call out!

So the only issue really is, I think, do we need to extend the time we have from the finish of the draft to regular season week 1? Is Saturday night too early?
It seems like the only person who voted Sunday was Bird, EZ, and DM. Bird's doing the draft on Friday I believe, and I'll just assume DM will show up at some point. Probably not.

DJ Bowser

Can we advance from draft recap to PRE-season Saturday early (like the time we would have been drafting if Saturday won)?

That way, everyone who can't draft Friday can still get the FA's they want and it will give everyone plenty of time to sign and release FA's before potentially advancing to the regular season late Saturday night.

That should also provide enough time for everyone to switch their draft picks positions. If you want to change current player's positions, you can do that right now.

Can we advance from draft recap to PRE-season Saturday early (like the time we would have been drafting if Saturday won)?

That way, everyone who can't draft Friday can still get the FA's they want and it will give everyone plenty of time to sign and release FA's before potentially advancing to the regular season late Saturday night.

That should also provide enough time for everyone to switch their draft picks positions. If you want to change current player's positions, you can do that right now.

You can change positions now, but with a stiffer penalty. So we aren't going to move on from player changing positions right after the draft until we hear from everybody, and this is something I think we should give 24 hours for.

Don't worry about free agents so much. When the regular season begins, that's when you can get free agents. Why would you want to sign and release free agents?

We will announce a time when we're going to the regular season. That's when it's open to everybody and that's the most fair way. All you need to worry about after the draft is changing positions and cutting loose players ASAP. I get you're saying that you want to see which free agents might be better than who's already on your team, but most people won't be over 53 and if you are, do you really give a shit about the 50 and 60 rated guys at the bottom of your roster? Any FA you would want to sign would be rated higher than the guys you'd want to cut anyways.

Since we aren't drafting tonight, if some of you guys can't make tomorrow, you can go in now and count the number of players you currently have (FAs are included), count your draft picks, and add them together. You can know now if you need to be worried about cuts.

DJ Bowser

No, you can't. At least not to like positions. Like I can't currently switch a G to a T.

Go to your roster page. View the players "player card". Select Edit.

That should pull up the screen where you can edit their appearance, number, and position. I've changed the position of two guys already. I don't know if there was any "penalty" as Phee mentioned.

That should pull up the screen where you can edit their appearance, number, and position. I've changed the position of two guys already. I don't know if there was any "penalty" as Phee mentioned.

Do you keep trying to bring this up and get it changed because you aren't going to be around Saturday night when I suggested we go to the regular season and free agency opens?

We had a free agent period already. I hate to sound like a dick to those whom may be affected by this, but if you didn't consider him important enough during the bidding period, just how much do you actually give a shit?

brentech

Thanks for not listening.

DCX

DCX
Do you keep trying to bring this up and get it changed because you aren't going to be around Saturday night when I suggested we go to the regular season and free agency opens?

We had a free agent period already. I hate to sound like a dick to those whom may be affected by this, but if you didn't consider him important enough during the bidding period, just how much do you actually give a shit?
Becuase the asshole kicker I was trying send a truck load of cash to decided to take Luke's Taken King money. So its important for me to sign the best of the rest :/

DCX

Becuase the asshole kicker I was trying send a truck load of cash to decided to take Luke's Taken King money. So its important for me to sign the best of the rest :/

DCX
Yeah, even tho I'll definitely be there for the end of the draft, it's not fair to just start the season. FA and the draft don't always go as planned.

Because everyone who is at the draft will not only have the inherent advantage of drafting people they want, but also filling backups (or starters) with the leftovers of FA who weren't signed for whatever reason?

brentech

I clearly misunderstand something, I guess.
Phee said you could actually change to whatever position now, during the season you couldn't.
So, that's great to hear and you're right about that, but I still have no faith in Madden. Previous years it always said only in the one week window after draft that you could change a player without ratings impact.
Not willing to take the risk with 2 starters I want to move.

DCX makes a good point about the people needing free agency. But again, free agency does NOT start until preseason week 1 at the earliest, so if you cannot make the draft, you are fine in that regards. All you need to do when you get on Saturday is to count your roster and make sure you aren't over 53. Fmt will figure out when we advance to the regular season. That's when you can start signing whatever free agents you want I imagine we will know the time tonight. Probably Saturday night.

And if you aren't around Saturday night for free agents, tough luck. Even if everyone declares that they're done early I don't think we will advance it till the time we will figure out tonight because I guess some of you will want to be around when that happens.

Phee doin work!
So, dear leader. What time do we advance to the regular season?

You know, if we open up the draft board I bet that would open up the trade screen and we can see then what teams might go over 53 with the number of picks they have. But either way we should set a hard time to advance regardless of what happens so people can be here when free agency begins.

rinse82

I moved Jake long from LT to RT a couple days ago through the edit player screen. Didn't look like his ratings were affected

So, dear leader. What time do we advance to the regular season?

You know, if we open up the draft board I bet that would open up the trade screen and we can see then what teams might go over 53 with the number of picks they have. But either way we should set a hard time to advance regardless of what happens so people can be here when free agency begins.

Vance to regular season at 9 pm pat on saturday

Vance to regular season at 9 pm pat on saturday
Sounds good!

So...

1. Friday 7 PM PT draft begins
2. Friday about 9 PM PT draft ends and draft recap starts immediately. You can now change positions and cut players. Get it to 53.
3. Saturday at 9 PM PT, advance to regular season week 1. This is when free agency opens up to everybody.

Unfortunately some of you may have to miss the start of free agency, but that's just the way this shit is going to have to roll. Some will make the draft but miss the start of FA. Some will make the start of FA but not the draft. Some...I mean, DM and Eznark, will miss both!

I moved Justin Britt from G to T and his overall rating went up for whatever that is worth.

Last season I put Ahmad brooks at MLB and his rating went up 10 points but it's just an empty OVR number. None of his other stats changed.

Also, if you do weekly xp practice you get double xp vs. just doing the quick method

BigAT

Did we ever get closure to the Ferny making out on top of a man story? I was distracted by the raid and didn't see the conclusion.

Last season I put Ahmad brooks at MLB and his rating went up 10 points but it's just an empty OVR number. None of his other stats changed.

Also, if you do weekly xp practice you get double xp vs. just doing the quick method

I think it has more to do with how the ratings are weighted for certain positions. But yeah his ratings didn't actually change.

eznark

Banned
Sounds good!

So...

1. Friday 7 PM PT draft begins
2. Friday about 9 PM PT draft ends and draft recap starts immediately. You can now change positions and cut players. Get it to 53.
3. Saturday at 9 PM PT, advance to regular season week 1. This is when free agency opens up to everybody.

Unfortunately some of you may have to miss the start of free agency, but that's just the way this shit is going to have to roll. Some will make the draft but miss the start of FA. Some will make the start of FA but not the draft. Some...I mean, DM and Eznark, will miss both!

I doubt I'll miss both, I can probably get to my ps4 at some point Saturday.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
She Blinded Me With Science came on the radio today and i started cracking up. Fucking Metal Gear

Top Bottom