• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Lol I quit the league because the game was awful.

nah the game was fine
except for the world series not working

you sir on the other hand

TrashCan-with-Rat-cartoon.jpg

brentech

gg

Made my asshole pucker when you got that play off with 1 second remaining in the first half at the 1 yard line. I didn't think you'd be able to snap it. You do some funky stuff with your D-line along with pinching them most the time. Generates a lot of pressure and I was almost never able to look to pass to the outside. Didn't help that your DBs seemed to stick right with whoever was playing on the outside as well.

Gg Brent! I suck at defending the Spread! The end of the half deflated me a bit, I suck. Had a chance at the end with a goalline stand to make it a 7 point game with 2 minutes and no timeouts. Threw a pick. Tannehill missed some throws by a mile today, never seen a ball as inaccurate as that on out pass. That user DE stop on the goalline on my fake FB dive hb flip was impressive.

Tannehill: 53.1, 192 yds, 16/32, 1 TD, 2 INTs // 1 carry, 5 yds
Miller: 17 carries, 85 yds // 4 rec, 28 yds
Cameron: 6 rec, 87 yds, 1 TD
Cook: 10 Tkls, 1 TfL, 1 sack

Manziel: 120.6, 18/24, 2 TDs, 0 INT // 3 carries, 5 yds
Lauderdale: 22 carries, 101 yds // 6 rec, 50 yds
Hawkins: 4 rec, 41 yds
Kruger: 3 Tkls, 1 TfL, 1 INT

gg

Made my asshole pucker when you got that play off with 1 second remaining in the first half at the 1 yard line. I didn't think you'd be able to snap it. You do some funky stuff with your D-line along with pinching them most the time. Generates a lot of pressure and I was almost never able to look to pass to the outside. Didn't help that your DBs seemed to stick right with whoever was playing on the outside as well.
Nothing I do is funky lol, I may shift dline once per play. And then LBers once per play. I blitz a lot to get pressure. 4 players who are not dlinemen had TfLs because of blitzes not because of shifts. The shifts are more for where I think you are running it if you would / just to give you a different look.

brentech

Gg Brent! I suck at defending the Spread! The end of the half deflated me a bit, I suck. Had a chance at the end with a goalline stand to make it a 7 point game with 2 minutes and no timeouts. Threw a pick. Tannehill missed some throws by a mile today, never seen a ball as inaccurate as that on out pass. That user DE stop on the goalline on my fake FB dive hb flip was impressive.
That throw you mention was crazy off target. The stop with the DE was actually me on OLB Kruger playing in a flat zone.

This is what I like about you friend, you didn't even need to watch the stream! It was only 75% though, 39 rushes to 13 passes.

Pft. You average 24 passes attempted per game! The Vikings (based on my limited research) lead the league with less than 19 passes attempted per game. SMASH. MOUTH. FOOTBALL.

eznark

Banned
Pft. You average 24 passes attempted per game! The Vikings (based on my limited research) lead the league with less than 19 passes attempted per game. SMASH. MOUTH. FOOTBALL.

Maybe he just scores more? Or his defense isn't as good. Your raw numbers are meaningless.

Birdman02

pretty sure Vikings D is top 3 in the league iirc

I think I was before I played Luke, but I had a bad defensive game against him. My pass/rush split should be pretty even. I just play pretty slow and methodical on offense. I'm pretty sure I'm top 2-3 in time of possession, but I don't see that stat anywhere on the league site.

Greg

2 deep over playing off and neither can make it to the middle of the field over the course of 60 yards

that run I had 2 people in front of you on and you just brush by them without a tackle attempt

that pass was to circle on the far right side of the field, and the contact made the throw go up the middle to be picked - when does that ever happen?

2 for 2 on the deep 1v1s

this fucking game knows how to piss me off... play a great game and that happens

brentech

2 deep over playing off and neither can make it to the middle of the field over the course of 60 yards
He was my first read, and looked like he got clamped down. Then I looked around and saw no obvious passing lanes and went back to him. Looked like he had created a gap between the MLB and himself with no one ahead of him. I honestly didn't even locate the safeties, I just didn't see them near him
that run I had 2 people in front of you on and you just brush by them without a tackle attempt
2 for 2 on the deep 1v1s
Yeah, that was kind of weird. I stuck out a stiff arm when turning upfield and I'm not even sure that it ended up touching anyone. I have to say though, both of us had some crazy runs just bouncing first and second contact.
All Pro is insane for breaking tackles and crazy catches. I never looked to see who my receiver was matched up against, but I know my guy was one of my elite players. On all-pro if you can get a clean throw off and it stays in the field of play, the receiver seems to have a definite edge.

I don't think there is any way to change the difficulty in draft champions though.

Greg

yeah, I tried to drop the MLB late and trail the TE a bit to maybe discourage you from throwing it even though he definitely had the separation - no clue where the 2 safeties ended up

and yeah, Foster had some nice extra effort +2-3 yards that you never see on All-Madden (outside of playing against the CPU)

that was my last time with Draft Champions though

sorry about the 2-pt if that felt wrong - had chicken in the oven and no time for OT

brentech

sorry about the 2-pt if that felt wrong - had chicken in the oven and no time for OT
lol, when in Draft Champions, do as you will. I really thought you were going to spread them out and run with Cam, then I held my MLB instead of following that receiver and he was wide open.
Down 1, I came out trying to sling it and realized I just needed FG range, so mixed in a run and tried to realize I didn't need all the yards at one time......until I needed all the yards at one time.

I'm making chicken tonight too! Sous vide chicken is possibly my favorite sous vide dish. Shit is just so tender and perfect.

BigAT

What's some cool shit I should tell people to get me for Christmas? So much easier to buy for others than to figure out things I need for myself at this point in my life.

Top Bottom