• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

eznark

Banned
Sitting on about 50k gold. Sold Mariotta for 12k and got some quicksell pack which had like 14k worth of gold in it. Have another couple guys that should go for 5-10k on sale right now.

There are so many fucking sets though that unlike MLB I just don't even know what to try and do, and navigating the menus.....ugh.

Just did a solo challenge where it took about 3x as long to load in as it did to complete. GG EA.

LJ11

Started Draft Champions last night. Seems fun.

Yeah I messed around with that as well. Played about 3 full seasons. I probably should have grinded solos before the weekend, doing the legends was easy due to the marketing flooding. It will happen again.

On to gameplay talk. There's a lot to like this year, but it's fucking inexcusable to have the same broken ass blitzes that worked last year in the game this year. One guy categorized all this shit and sent it to EA, maybe he missed this one but I doubt since it was so prevalent last year. Something is broken in the 4-3 under too, reblitzing a DT was causing my LE to fly in untouched. I didn't go into practice to test out was was triggering what.

Playaction can kill some of it, blocking your RB can help too, but leaving in broken shit from last year is inexcusable, especially since everyone did it. I honestly don't care about guys who move LBs or S to get better pressure, but some of this other stuff is just broken.

And aggressive catch is what it is, knew it would be like this months ago.

Edit: ez, don't try to do the sets unless you stumble upon a deal or two. A better idea would be to try and flip the cards that go into sets, make money doing that and then buy the card outright. Saturday night I bought DJ Fluker for 4k, someone sold one for 40k earlier in the day so I tried doing the same since no other card was up on the market. Woke up in the morning and there were 5 more up for 35-40k. It's hard to do the sets, if I get Jacoby Jones I may attempt to do Allen since I like him as a player, but it's going to be a pain trying to get him for a decent price considering everyone can check the AH via their binder.

is it possible to play MGS V having only played the first?

should I even bother asking considering I did not play the witcher past the tutorial

eznark

Banned
Aggressive catch seems even worse than I thought because I'm pretty sure they have made DB's mostly retarded. They are slow to react, slow to close, and just plain fucking slow. Also, good lord at the number of just flat out completely broken coverages on double moves.

I think Man is essentially uncallable right now.

Aggressive catch seems even worse than I thought because I'm pretty sure they have made DB's mostly retarded. They are slow to react, slow to close, and just plain fucking slow. Also, good lord at the number of just flat out completely broken coverages on double moves.

If you're down to play in about 10 I'm around

eznark

Banned
Considering its an 'Elite' bundle with the Elite controller and a 1TB SSHD...$500 is pretty good considering the Elite controller is $150 by itself. The $399 bundle is still available for you. I know you're just dying to own a Xbox One.

That controller is $150?!

can you swap out the harddrive easily?

eznark

Banned
I don't want to buy the cheap version because of the rumor of an xbone slim coming out. But I would have bought the elite bundle at a reasonable price, or with Halo packed in or something.

Golf season is winding down, the fuck am I gonna spend my money on...

Smokey

Yup. By all accounts it is legit god tier. But it should be for $150.

You can't swap the internal hard drive. Instead you can plug in an external HDD that is up to 16TB iirc. The internal in the Elite bundle is a Solid State Hybrid Drive which...is pretty nice.

They need a slim model tho.

BigAT

Neat.

CNvagWYVAAAs6ve.jpg:large

None of this is really true but I only play on all madden.

Yeah Larry Fitzgerald sometimes gets it, sometimes he doesn't. I haven't noticed TOO much bullshit yet

Besides Carson Palmer doing Carson Palmer things. God damn it, I already make at least 3 WTF reads a game, don't need to literally throw to the defender when I don't want it!

Ferny

The system seems to be pretty good to me. Tested it with some people and both sides of the ball seems good to get it if positioned correctly.

It's fair because you can't just sit on routes all game with no help over the top because you can actually get tagged deep now. If you throw into double coverage bad things happen more often than not but there are double coverage catches here and there

eznark

Banned
I'm less concerned with the RPS mechanic and more concerned with corners seemingly completely unable to cover a double move in man.

Mrbob

I want to get mgs5 on Steam but can't. Played the first four on PlayStation, have to finish it out there.

Buy an exterior drive. I have a 2tb usb drive hooked up to my xb1 . Games load faster on it too than the interval drive.

Somnia

I want to get mgs5 on Steam but can't. Played the first four on PlayStation, have to finish it out there.

Buy an exterior drive. I have a 2tb usb drive hooked up to my xb1 . Games load faster on it too than the interval drive.

Yep I have a 5tb usb drive hooked up to my xb1, very simple and easy. Can easily move data between the HDD and internal too. So any films or anything I have on my xb1 are saved on the internal, all games are on the external.

Ya, Ez that controller is $150, 100% worth it though!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I feel like a real asshole for not connecting "Phantom Pain" to the loss of limbs thing that game has going on.

Yep I have a 5tb usb drive hooked up to my xb1, very simple and easy. Can easily move data between the HDD and internal too. So any films or anything I have on my xb1 are saved on the internal, all games are on the external.

Ya, Ez that controller is $150, 100% worth it though!

I'd gladly pay $150 to improve the trash standard xbone controller!

lol, lost to the Vikings twice in that down 14-0 challenge. Can't stop the scrotum slasher!

He is a beast in the game. Shake is going to make us all cut a switch :(

Greg

yeah, I went overboard - in general I'm bad at stopping once I put a bit of time into something

I'm limiting my playtime by 95% now because building sets and playing cheeseball doesn't interest me much

yeah, I went overboard - in general I'm bad at stopping once I put a bit of time into something

I'm limiting my playtime by 95% now because building sets and playing cheeseball doesn't interest me much
We could have played but you abandoned me

Top Bottom