• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

brentech

160/160 on the Journey challenges, and I really hate myself for doing that

got a 90 OVR Jameis and a GAME-CHANGER PACK for winning the final challenge - how does this change my game?

and here's a pretty cool animation for one of the aggressive catches that I hadn't seen before during one of my last challenges:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCZELpGbxTg

Yeah, I'm only like halfway through the journey challenges and I think i'm done outside of some time fill and draft champions.

I got 1/3rd of the way through beating all nfl teams on rookie and threw in the towel. Just a boring grind. I'd rather use my time getting styled on by cb's Bradford :(

Greg

it starts to get a bit interesting once the rewards ramp up/you're against all-madden difficulty and can't rely on being able to score every time against the good defenses, but all the random Madden occurrences that make the game fun turn that mode to shit when you have to sit through 2 minutes of loading because of some fluke play on a challenge that lasts a minute

I did notice the jump from all-pro to all-madden is pretty big though - huge difference in pass accuracy and consistency, especially when on the move or even while standing in the pocket and trying to use the lead controls

LJ11

Man Greg grinded the fuck out of that, good stuff.

In more market news, never sell on weekends, and I know this but when you start with low coin, you look for flips. I sniped a bunch of 74 overall cards that went into Captain sets, some of which I sold for the quick buck. Some of them are worth double as of today. I'm keeping the Fluker, I want to sell that card for 40k!

LJ11

Maybe this is a stupid question, but do you ever play Madden in MUT?

Oh definitely, it's complete free ball too. Last year was a bitch due to face catching, which is basically aggressive catch in this years version. I want to play against some of you guys, I'm a volume player and love to just knock out 4-5 games in a sitting but this year I've been drawn to MUT first. Not good.

brentech

Don't worry greg, I went full Diablo this week

UodSwmy.jpg

Started a Barbarian and a Crusader that I'm leveling. Maybe Witch Doctor soon since it's apparently a less played class.

eznark

Banned
no cooz, 5/10

After the progressive characterization of this summer's excellent Mad Max: Fury Road, the game's treatment of its few women is especially disappointing. The closest thing Mad Max has to a female lead, a woman not coincidentally named Hope, is a concubine for the villain and a love interest for Max. Her sole purpose in the plot is to make the bad guys more evil and provide motivation for the hero to fight. She's a damsel in distress stereotype, and it's more disheartening after having seen such a great example of the opposite in theaters just a few months ago

Philip-Kollar.jpg

Greg

Don't worry greg, I went full Diablo this week
Started a Barbarian and a Crusader that I'm leveling. Maybe Witch Doctor soon since it's apparently a less played class.
I should've given Diablo 3 a shot - love games like that

was big into PoE for a while, but quit that probably a year ago after my bro and I finished all the content that was available at the time

apparently there's a new act out and everything, but just haven't gotten around to it

brentech

Madden cracks me up. They make a point to go over the overtime rules every time, but then once you're in it, the CPU will have the ball first and kick a field goal on first down when in range or the game will suggest you do so if you have the ball. Then if you get a stop on the CPU, the game won't suggest taking the field goal when inside the 20.

Why go over the rules if you're just going to leave the execution as if the new rules don't exist.

it starts to get a bit interesting once the rewards ramp up/you're against all-madden difficulty and can't rely on being able to score every time against the good defenses, but all the random Madden occurrences that make the game fun turn that mode to shit when you have to sit through 2 minutes of loading because of some fluke play on a challenge that lasts a minute

I did notice the jump from all-pro to all-madden is pretty big though - huge difference in pass accuracy and consistency, especially when on the move or even while standing in the pocket and trying to use the lead controls

Yeah throwing on the run is a lot harder in this madden. I've been throwing a crazy amount of picks with Tanne due to not setting my feet, and even more from bad decisions.

Greg

I will say though that running with the QB is easier than ever

up the middle they have some kind of mechanic in place that slows you down, but if you clear the ends it's pretty easy getting big chunks outside by redirecting your back/TE up the field

I could break big 15-yard gains on the ground or huge chunks in the air when the D bites on me outside even on all-madden

the ends disengage and pursue much faster in all-madden, but it still works often

I will say though that running with the QB is easier than ever

up the middle they have some kind of mechanic in place that slows you down, but if you clear the ends it's pretty easy getting big chunks outside by redirecting your back/TE up the field

I could break big 15-yard gains on the ground or huge chunks in the air when the D bites on me outside even on all-madden

the ends disengage and pursue much faster in all-madden, but it still works often

not against human players :D

Is Madden still a football game?

yes. want to play?

Smokey

The MGS V Nvidia Game Ready Driver has been released. Also contains GR driver for Mad Max.

Got my 4k monitor hooked up and ready to go. Played some GZ earlier and dialed in some settings to get 60fps @ 4k. I'm assuming MGS V won't deviate too far from GZ settings.

Top Bottom