• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

LJ11

I'm going to pick De La Puente, sign him now or after everyone is done selecting?

Also, Cheeto, let me know the route, PM. I'm here to help all, I want competitive Madden.

Cook on the Corner route, I thought he had way more than 3 catches off that. I tried to adjust in the second half by playing as Irvin/Chancellor more but by that point it was over.

I had two passes where I had guys open and I tried to lead just a little and the ball completely sailed. I've noticed that same issue in other games so far this year and its enough that I almost want to stop using lead passing.

My third pick I just spaced and hit the wrong button.

I really hate kicking in online games. I punted on that one drive just because I knew there was no way I could time a 55 yarder. Anything over 40 is gonna be impossible this year.

Yeah, I got you good with Cook. First two throws were man coverage. Second one is actually a terrible corner route that he runs, but OLB have insane trouble stopping outside breaking routes, not so much on inside especially if they "catch" the WR inside. The third one that was the back breaker late was a flood. TE corner, HB to the flat, and WR out deep and I'm 99% sure you were in Cover 2, so I hit the hole between safety and corner and then I got an incredible block by the WR.

Edit: First throw to Cook was Twin TE, so anytime you see that, especially against FMT, you know he's going to the TE corner. Jump that route!

also bluemax, with regards to defense you can tell your defense to shade inside/outside/underneath/overthetop. if someone continues to beat you inside or outside or whatever, shift accordingly.

i think triangle + right stick:

right = shade outside
left = shade inside
down = cover underneath
up = cover over the top

I'm going to pick De La Puente, sign him now or after everyone is done selecting?

Also, Cheeto, let me know the route, PM. I'm here to help all, I want competitive Madden.

Yeah, I got you good with Cook. First two throws were man coverage. Second one is actually a terrible corner route that he runs, but OLB have insane trouble stopping outside breaking routes, not so much on inside especially if they "catch" the WR inside. The third one that was the back breaker late was a flood. TE corner, HB to the flat, and WR out deep and I'm 99% sure you were in Cover 2, so I hit the hole between safety and corner and then I got an incredible block by the WR.

I wonder if a lot of it was because I was in 4-3 a lot of the time and that left Irvin on Cook a ton. I don't think Irvin is a good cover guy.

also bluemax, with regards to defense you can tell your defense to shade inside/outside/underneath/overthetop. if someone continues to beat you inside or outside or whatever, shift accordingly.

right = shade outside
left = shade inside
down = cover underneath
up = cover over the top

Cool thanks. Its been like 2 years since I last played and a lot of the audibles and stuff have changed around. Work is slowing down after Tuesday so I can actually spend more time learning the game.

Pick #1. Titans - Carl Nicks (LG)
Pick #2. Jags - Jermichael Finley (TE)
Pick #3. Raiders - Geno Hayes (LB)
Pick #4. Bucs - Dawan Landry
Pick # 5 : texans - Mike Williams (WR)
Pick # 6 : rams - Brian De La Puente (C)
Pick # 7 : chargers
Pick # 8 : lions
Pick # 9 : 49ers
Pick # 10 : dolphins
Pick # 11 cowboys
Pick # 12 : bears
Pick # 13: eagles
Pick # 14 : packers
Pick # 15 : bills
Pick # 16 : cards
Pick # 17 : redskins
Pick # 18 : chiefs
Pick # 19 : falcons
Pick # 20 : ravens
Pick # 21: saints
Pick # 22 : steelers
Pick # 23 : seahawks
Pick # 24 : panthers
Pick # 25 : colts
Pick # 26 : bengals
Pick # 27 : giants
Pick # 28 : jets
Pick # 29 : browns
Pick # 30 : patriots
Pick # 31 : vikings
Pick # 32 : broncos

nightz you're up

LJ11

right = shade outside
left = shade inside
down = cover underneath
up = cover over the top

Also, you can get your defender to play the sticks, think it's L1 plus Triangle, or vice versa, so all your defenders just drop to the first down marker. They won't be pulled down by Flat routes on 3rd and long, but you risk having them stop in one spot. Hot routed yellow zones, also drop further downfield, but they won't play anyone in front of them. They spot drop.

Also, you can get your defender to play the sticks, think it's L1 plus Triangle, or vice versa, so all your defenders just drop to the first down marker. They won't be pulled down by Flat routes on 3rd and long, but you risk having them stop in one spot. Hot routed yellow zones, also drop further downfield, but they won't play anyone in front of them. They spot drop.

All right. I'll probably spend some time in practice mode this week just working on audibles/defender adjustments.

555322240.gif

sleep well CrimsonCommie
your soul in MUT and CCM

We'l get you next time duckey!

DCX

DCX
Can we have teams in the free agent draft send the commish a list of three guys they might want so maybe this can be sped up a bit?

DCX

Sorry for the wait fellas, I've been house sitting for a friend this weekend. I'll pass by my home after work tonight to pick up my PS4. Bucs, let me know if you can play around midnight EST tonight.

brentech

With it getting a little colder and eventually ending my cycling season, I decided to give our local rec center a try. I haven't ran (until earlier this week) or lifted in ages. Dat was something else.
Brother in law got me a 10 day pass last year and I'll probably use that up before getting a yearly.
Now time for football

JABEE

Gg GQ

Also, Madden gave me a point after a missed 2-point conversion. I'm not sure what that is about. It was after an interception and tackle in the end zone on a missed 2-point conversion.

I believe the final score should have been 22-14.

Greg

gg, Az

he caught all the breaks all game, and with 3 minutes to go I was down 21-6 with the ball

I converted on a deep ball on 4th and 19 and went on to score 21-13

made a stop on D and got the ball back with a minute and no timeouts

with a couple seconds left I got another deep ball and managed to run my team down and spike with 1 second left on the 9

got a TD on my one play, and then converted the 2-pt to tie it 21-21

he won in OT on a TD though

Greg turns the game into a MUT game since he can't make any other throws, and scores 2 TDs in 3 minutes since deep balls are broken.

Also had the worst intentional grounding I've ever seen and it wasn't called. Somewhere in the shithills of California, FMT shed a tear.

Edit: Oh, salt.gif

Greg

I was being nice about the game, but don't act like the deep ball didn't bail you out on your drives

don't be mad I was actually smart enough to double the only target you ever look to throw to

go fuck yourself with your triple option fumble

I was being nice about the game, but don't act like the deep ball didn't bail you out on your drives

don't be mad I was actually smart enough to double the only target you ever look to throw to

I did double your guy. It didn't do anything.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Greg turns the game into a MUT game since he can't make any other throws, and scores 2 TDs in 3 minutes since deep balls are broken.

Also had the worst intentional grounding I've ever seen and it wasn't called. Somewhere in the shithills of California, FMT shed a tear.

Thanks for the stream bro.

gg, Az

he caught all the breaks all game, and with 3 minutes to go I was down 21-6 with the ball

I converted on a deep ball on 4th and 19 and went on to score 21-13

made a stop on D and got the ball back with a minute and no timeouts

with a couple seconds left I got another deep ball and managed to run my team down and spike with 1 second left on the 9

got a TD on my one play, and then converted the 2-pt to tie it 21-21

he won in OT on a TD though

post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

I did double your guy. It didn't do anything.

little-finger-nod.gif

Top Bottom