• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Smokey

I'm sorry I prefer good shooting mechanics in my shooters

CoD aiming is like no huddle and user d-line play!

So i ask again did you go 30/2 or better. Its so easy i want to witness utter destruction by you in BLOPS 3. This evening.

What do you say?!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CoD is like the HotS of shooters

No wonder smokes didn't make it in dotes

M4lbpMs.jpg

So i ask again did you go 30/2 or better. Its so easy i want to witness utter destruction by you in BLOPS 3. This evening.

What do you say?!

You keep going back to his kill-death ratio and that's not relevant to his point.

The aiming in that game is easy-mode. Even you know this to be true.

Bread

Banned
too bad you guys aren't boners, we could be playing madden tonight! i'll let you know how bad the new online franchise mode is.

Somnia

too bad you guys aren't boners, we could be playing madden tonight! i'll let you know how bad the new online franchise mode is.

I'll play against ya! Though probably not till tomorrow unless you used up your 10 hours already.

CB3

Ironic smokey is calling out someone to play a game. Usually its the other way around.

Smokey loves to do the call outs when the odds are in his favors.

I sure wasn't seeing any hard call outs back in the Jonny Flynn era.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give TEAM LIST

brentech

-Handoffs are now all pre-canned.
-Two man tackle until a third man came in.
-Jukes behind the line are more subtle to help get through the hole.
-Falling when you hit the back of your own blocker no longer knocks you down. Should spin you around your blocker.
-They FIXED hotroutes on screen plays. ie, you can't. You either switch plays or run the screen.
-Click right stick to force your defensive spy to get after the ball carrier.
-Supposed to be a big change to throw accuracy between your great/average/poor players. Especially on deep throws.
-More organic physics, especially with multi tackle or limb tackles.
-Revamped the alignment of defensive players to make sure players were in the right place pending how the offense is lined up. (supposedly)
-Apparently man press increases chance of defensive holding, and penalties game wide are called more.
-User catchers can be done the old way by switching to a receiver and moving them and hitting which style catch you want....or, what this league will probably use, you can make the throw and hit what style catch you want your receiver to make (this catch style can be changed as the ball is still in the air). They showed a play where the DB started to try to make a play on the ball on an out route, and he switched from a possession catch to aggressive (without switching to the receiver), and the receiver moved back towards the ball.....this is against CPU so if it still is drastic enough to help against a human, we'll see.
-Trying their best to remove nano blitz from the game. They don't want gimmicks creating the blitz anymore.
-Jordy speed 1 is going to be real. Losing a point or two of speed every couple years of age. Rookies likely to be the fastest in game. Injuries may also effect this.

CB3

Can you give something that doesnt exist yet?

Most of that stuff needs to be hashed out after people battle for their teams anyway.

DJ Bowser

Thank god.

I can't even remember who did it last year but someone did that to me multiple times and it was lame as fuck.
LJ Got two or three TDs on them against me. Felt unstoppable.

Hot-routed the slot guy to a drag away from the screen so if you pursued the screen that guy ran free.

rinse82

Thank god, screen abusers the worst.

Edit: watching the EA stream, just saw a Center chill in the hunched over position while a LB whizzed past him for the sack, lol

BigAT

I only saw one catch with it. Unless I missed some others. He tried a bunch and the DB knocked them all down. Maybe I missed though.

The DB was Richard Sherman each time. I worry what it will be like when it isn't the best CB in the game. The animation reminds me a lot of rocket catching.

"We're working on formation subs. They aren't in the game, but we hope to get them to you eventually."

WHAT? Shit was in Madden and NCAA like 10 years ago.

brentech

Honestly don't know what rocket catching is

oh nice, finally you can hot route defenders without changing to that player. something i'll actually use.

Honestly don't know what rocket catching is

oh nice, finally you can hot route defenders without changing to that player. something i'll actually use.
It's basically when you press a catch button and the receiver gets a magical speed burst and has the stickiest hands

ill confer with my fellow commishes but i'm not sure why we can't assign teams for the people who don't have teams and aren't playing for any teams. the losers of the play-for-teams matchups wont get to pick their teams anyways so what difference does it make?

CB3

Preliminary Teams:

AFC:
AFC East -
Bills - Rinse
Patriots - Cola
Jets - Ferny
Dolphins - Drizzler or DJ bowser

AFC North -
Ravens - GQMan
Steelers - ?
Bengals - Splat
Browns - Brent

AFC South -
Texans - Smokey
Colts - Luke
Jags - Greg
Titans - ?

AFC West -
Raiders - Soka or pistol
Broncos - ?
Chiefs - Crimson
Chargers - Nightz

NFC:
NFC East -
Eagles - CB
Redskins - Mcneily
Giants - BigAT or Wellington
Cowboys - ?

NFC North -
Packers - Eznark
Vikings - ?
Lions - Trasher
Bears - Bob

NFC South -
Bucs - DM
Falcons - DCX
Panthers - ?
Saints - ?

NFC West
49ers - fmt
Rams - ?
Seahawks - purplecheeto
Cards - pheeniks

These are the teams and owners as we have them right now. Phins, Giants, and (maybe?) the raiders are the only teams up for contention right now. Just a reminder, that if you're competing for a team, you get thrown in the random pool afterwards if you lose.

That leaves the Panthers, Saints, Rams, Vikings, Cowboys, Broncos, Titans, and Steelers open. Feel free to express your interest in said teams if you are without one. If more than one person wants a team, they will fight for it
1v1 mid

Top Bottom