• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Smokey

holy fuck i literally forgot how to play madden. plus playing it with xbox pad. weird

gg fmt!

time to dive into MUT! how i missed thee

gg brah. some bullcrap catches on both sides but i also think if its one on one coverage there should be some big plays there so i'm kind of torn on it.

i was poking around franchise mode and dont see how to reset confidence but didn't want to waste too much time since the 10 hr clock is ticking!

Random Shadow Fiend and someone immediately abandons. God damnit GabeN.

who doesn't want a shadow friend on their team?!

I missed out phee doter
cry.gif

Smokey

much fun going through the current MUT Auction House in it's current state. Going through the Item Sets and Solo's... it's all rushing back :l

draft champions is going to destroy my life

this shit is amazing

looks like they've tied draft champions into MUT too for extra packs. Fuuuuu

i tested out about 10 mins of connected carrers/franchise mode and i could not find where to reset confidence.... nor could i find confidence in general anywhere! i might have been looking right at it and not noticed but for the life of me i could not find the menu

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
much fun going through the current MUT Auction House in it's current state. Going through the Item Sets and Solo's... it's all rushing back :l

looks like they've tied draft champions into MUT too for extra packs. Fuuuuu

That game mode always sounded like fun, it just needed that incentive to really get into it. I was pretty stoked when Ferny told me about the MUT tie in

good news and bad news.

good news: i found the confidence menu (only shows up AFTER week 1 of the regular season of the first season) and i can indeed raise the confidence of every player on a team to 50 with the click of a button

bad news: it only raises players under 50 to 50. it doesn't lower players above 50 back down to 50.

oh well, better than nothin!

holy fuck

niners starting D (aldon is off the team already):

RE - 76
LE - 80
DT - 80
ROLB - 78
MLB - 94
MLB - 79
LOLB - 81
CB1 - 81
CB2 - 70
FS - 82
SS - 85

a fucking 70 for my 2nd CB. so this is what it feels like to be a crappy team in madden. was all of this past offseason just a dream, ala the christmas scrooge story where he is visited by the ghost of christmas future to show him how rotten his life would be if he didn't change his ways?

p.s.

loving the new menus for players. all of their stats are on one page so you dont have to scroll all the way over. they also leave out meaningless stats per the position (QB's no longer have a zone coverage rating, etc)

Bread

Banned
you need to beat the gauntlet in draft champions 100 TIMES to unlock a 90 ovr Tebow

i don't want to waste the rest of my 10 hours doing this but...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
holy fuck

niners starting D (aldon is off the team already):

RE - 76
LE - 80
DT - 80
ROLB - 78
MLB - 94
MLB - 79
LOLB - 81
CB1 - 81
CB2 - 70
FS - 82
SS - 85

a fucking 70 for my 2nd CB. so this is what it feels like to be a crappy team in madden. was all of this past offseason just a dream, ala the christmas scrooge story where he is visited by the ghost of christmas future to show him how rotten his life would be if he didn't change his ways?

SAD STORY

some other observations of online franchise:

1. menus are much improved and quicker
2. you now lose 50% of your scouting points each week if you dont spend them
3. when you scout now, you go to a player and it costs 5 points each to unlock his best 3 skills. so for instance i simmed to mid-season, i now had like 300 scouting points. i go into Joe Smith's scouting page and it cost a total of 15 points to unlock his best 3 attributes. it says i can unlock his combine numbers after the superbowl but i don't know how much it costs. this is much better than last year and much quicker. again, the menus are easier to navigate and quicker
4. we are going to have to make some rules for FA's before the start of season 1. there are some good ones out there (evan mathis 91 rated g, aldon 89 rated, a few others)
5. depth charts are now all on one page as well where you can easily navigate between positions/players rather than having to hold a button for the drop down, switching and letting it load
6. apparently now DURING your online franchise games, little stats will pop up when you reach a milestone/goal or are close. this is cool

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

1. menus are much improved and quicker
2. you now lose 50% of your scouting points each week if you dont spend them
3. when you scout now, you go to a player and it costs 5 points each to unlock his best 3 skills. so for instance i simmed to mid-season, i now had like 300 scouting points. i go into Joe Smith's scouting page and it cost a total of 15 points to unlock his best 3 attributes. it says i can unlock his combine numbers after the superbowl but i don't know how much it costs. this is much better than last year and much quicker. again, the menus are easier to navigate and quicker
4. we are going to have to make some rules for FA's before the start of season 1. there are some good ones out there (evan mathis 91 rated g, aldon 89 rated, a few others)
5. depth charts are now all on one page as well where you can easily navigate between positions/players rather than having to hold a button for the drop down, switching and letting it load
6. apparently now DURING your online franchise games, little stats will pop up when you reach a milestone/goal or are close. this is cool
Of course you would introduce more rules to help yourself win another SB. :rolleyes

Well I'm sure Evan Mathis will get signed before our season or the real season.

We should just not allow anybody to sign Aldon Smith, period, because he won't be playing this season anyways. That's what I would suggest.

Well I'm sure Evan Mathis will get signed before our season or the real season.

We should just not allow anybody to sign Aldon Smith, period, because he won't be playing this season anyways. That's what I would suggest.

I was also going to say that no one should be able to pick up Smith.

eznark

Banned
I assumed it was just unlocked until the game released. That kind of stinks. I am super tempted to go buy an xbox today though, so it's working!

Smokey

Yeah 10 hour limit of the full game. Everything carries over if/when you purchase.

Xbros -- Remember to completely exit out of the game (Menu button -> Exit) on the dashboard. Otherwise the game remains suspended and I'm pretty sure that eats up the time limit.

DJ Bowser

The combine stats don't cost anything in an effort to make it more realistic, I'm fairly certain. You just have to wait until after the season like the real combine.

FMT said:
Like Phee said, Aldon's not playing anywhere this year so it would make sense to just have him be off limits until an off-season bidding war.

Greg

Only if you did it with an elite K/D ratio

ezpz

Lets play tonight if its not having trouble!
I was probably just above even if I factor in my few sniper games going like 2-11. 8-0 was my best start to a game, but I think I pissed it away.

only played Team DM though and the spawning is a complete joke

and I don't understand the scoring because guys with 20+ deaths were getting the top score, so maybe I need to try a different mode

The combine stats don't cost anything in an effort to make it more realistic, I'm fairly certain. You just have to wait until after the season like the real combine.

Like Phee said, Aldon's not playing anywhere this year so it would make sense to just have him be off limits until and off-season bidding war.

Kelvin Benjamin isn't playing anywhere either. Should Jabee have to bench him?

won't the first roster update take care of that with pre-existing injuries?

He'll still be on the roster though, I think.

Kelvin Benjamin isn't playing anywhere either. Should Jabee have to bench him?

Yeah but he's on the team unlike that former THUG 49ER

I think we should turn pre-existing injuries off, but Aldon Smith literally doesn't have a team. And if Evan Mathis doesn't have one either by season's start I would personally be for just waiting until he finds a team then we can allow that team to sign him. And he will.

Top Bottom