• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

India doesn't have a fragment of the digestion problems most other cultures have. Were not supposed to eat as fast as utensils allow us to.

200_s.gif

BigAT

India doesn't have a fragment of the digestion problems most other cultures have. Were not supposed to eat as fast as utensils allow us to.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Y2nbrJyAR6RiM/200_s.gif[img][/QUOTE]

They also have a life expectancy that is 12 years less than our own.

[IMG]https://media0.giphy.com/media/Y2nbrJyAR6RiM/200_s.gif

brentech

200_s.gif
Yeah.....THAT'S why they eat slow.
cBj1LTf.png

Of the 300 million households surveyed, an overwhelming majority (73%) live in villages. Of this rural population, less than 5% earn enough to pay taxes, only 2.5% own a 4-wheeler vehicle and less than 10% have salaried jobs.
Not only does rural India have miserable statistics on income and asset ownership, its literacy rates are low. Only 3.5% of students graduate and around 35.7% of residents can't read or write.
It comes as no surprise that the bulk of the Indian population is still overwhelmingly poor.

A guy who couldn't afford cigs in 50s wasnt actually trying to avoid lung cancer, but he was still avoiding lung cancer.
Idc how cheap cigs were in the 50s I'm making a point

Ya derps

BigAT

Did you know that you can save hundreds of dollars in car insurance a year just by not owning a car? #drizzlerlifehacks

brentech

A guy who couldn't afford cigs in 50s wasnt actually trying to avoid lung cancer, but he was still avoiding lung cancer.
Idc how cheap cigs were in the 50s I'm making a point

Ya derps

The problem is, I don't think they eat at a slower pace, they just have less food to eat. It has nothing to do with utensils.

brentech

That kind of makes sense too, but I'm gonna stick to listening to those who've done research on it. Look into mindful eating.

No one is arguing that eating slower isn't better for someone. Eating slower allows saliva to break down food further and also gives your stomach time to tell the brain that you're full.

I'm arguing that I think you used a really piss poor example. I don't think you can compare India to the US because there is a wide host of other issues invovled. It's tough to be obese, which causes most gastric issues, when you have no food to eat.

Japan would have been a better example, as they do eat slower, but because they more commonly use chop sticks. On the other hand they have about the same amount of gastric disease related deaths as the US - so your point doesn't work there.

Or he shouldn't of been in prison in the first place given the methods used during his interrogation.

Probably not. I've never paid much attention to Dassey or had much of an opinion. As a rule though don't confess to murder, it won't help you. Your sentence might be lighter but your place of incarceration will always be worse. Ride it out, try to escape jail before you are transferred to a prison.

image14.jpg

Probably not. I've never paid much attention to Dassey or had much of an opinion. As a rule though don't confess to murder, it won't help you. Your sentence might be lighter but your place of incarceration will always be worse. Ride it out, try to escape jail before you are transferred to a prison.

Fair, but I'm pretty sure they said the kid had a below average IQ. And he was just a kid.

Our relationship to food is a central one that reflects our attitudes toward our environment and ourselves. As a practice, mindful eating can bring us awareness of our own actions, thoughts, feelings and motivations, and insight into the roots of health and contentment.

Pothead_65be61_1248140.jpg

BigAT

Fair, but I'm pretty sure they said the kid had a below average IQ. And he was just a kid.

Below average is being incredibly generous. The kid was trade-Desean-Jackson-for-a-3rd level slow and clearly had no idea what his circumstances were or what would happen if he signed a confession.

brentech

Where did I compare it to the US tho? And there's more to mindful eating than eating slow.

Hit me up with that article about India's lack of utensils solving gastro/digestive diseases, then.

I'm pretty well versed in digestive health. I'm aware almost all underdeveloped countries have less of those issues, but I've never once heard any scientific data about utensils. It's usually because what is or isn't in their food supply, and the lack of obesity, which is either because of healthy lifestyle or a lack of food.

I would also add that their lack of utensils and safe food keeping provides them with a sweet sweet diarrhea epidemic, so that's cool.

brentech

BNobody2 ‏@M17franchiseapp Nov 13
@Shopmaster @EA_White @RexDEAFootball @EAMaddenNFL hundreds have probably asked about CFM app. Has EA had the decency to respond to anyone ?

Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
@M17franchiseapp @Shopmaster @EA_White @EAMaddenNFL Yeah it is coming. There should be some news in next couple of weeks.

Hrmmm

Hit me up with that article about India's lack of utensils solving gastro/digestive diseases, then.

I'm pretty well versed in digestive health. I'm aware almost all underdeveloped countries have less of those issues, but I've never once heard any scientific data about utensils. It's usually because what is or isn't in their food supply, and the lack of obesity, which is either because of healthy lifestyle or a lack of food.

I would also add that their lack of utensils and safe food keeping provides them with a sweet sweet diarrhea epidemic, so that's cool.
It'd take a few articles. It's not fact, but if you're well verse in digestion you'd know that they don't understand a lot. They still barely understand the second brain that was discovered in the 90s (yup we have a second brain in our gut!)There's theories that touching food causes enzymes to be released in preparation and all types of stuff.

Eating with utensils does cause people to eat faster than they would with their hands. There are literally retainers prescribed to people to slow down their eating habits because of eating too fast.

Diarrhea comes from hygiene not food. Not what we're talking about. I don't get diarrhea from eating with clean hands.

And it's a myth that Indians eat with their hands because they're poor. Idk if you were saying that? But wealthy Indians use their hands as well. They're not all poor. Theyre doing it for the taste benefits.

Splat

or exclusive to xbone like ea access. :-x

Drizz is like the alt-left/right facebook feed for food information. Where is the unfollow button?

Nightz

So for you guys who bought the KS8000, how are you liking it? The EPP deal is back on and the TV is sitting in my cart, but I'm flip flopping between buying it and waiting until next year to get a new set.

Top Bottom