• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

Smokey

Got updates Smokey?

The intersection to the subdivision is flooded. I walked down there and a bunch of other people from the neighborhood were there as well. There's boats, kayaks, 4 wheelers going through the neighborhood next to me and bringing people out.

If we don't get a break in rain for at least a HR or so I'm going to be in trouble.

21125540_10110292983814800_2684022466869020530_o.jpg

That is one interesting neck

Rbk_3

So have we started? Or are you guys just preparing to make trades when we start?

I've been following the thread daily so I don't think we have started but just want to be sure. We're still at the hospital so I still haven't had a chance to play more than a few snaps.

Smokey stay safe brother :(

Anyone getting hot shots golf Tuesday? God bless primeday, I got it for like $7

I preordered it. Almost more excited to play it than Madden. Haven't played one since HSG 3 on PS2.

So have we started? Or are you guys just preparing to make trades when we start?

I've been following the thread daily so I don't think we have started but just want to be sure. We're still at the hospital so I still haven't had a chance to play more than a few snaps.

I preordered it. Almost more excited to play it than Madden. Haven't played one since HSG 3 on PS2.

We will start after final rosters updated and patch out. Probably 2 weeks!

Smokey

Happy to say that the sun is out for the first time in days. All water around me has receded. Bayou behind me is close to its normal level, and it appears the system will be out of here by tomorrow evening. This fucking storm. Recovery will take months if not years. Something like 52'' of rain fell. Unbelievable.

Happy to say that the sun is out for the first time in days. All water around me has receded. Bayou behind me is close to its normal level, and it appears the system will be out of here by tomorrow evening. This fucking storm. Recovery will take months if not years. Something like 52'' of rain fell. Unbelievable.

That's good news.

Not joking when I ask this...did you think much about relocating to Austin or Dallas this past week?

Smokey

That's good news.

Not joking when I ask this...did you think much about relocating to Austin or Dallas this past week?

Not necessarily those places. But this is now 3 consecutive years of major flooding events:

2015 - Memorial Day Floods
2016 - Tax Day Floods
2017 - Harvey

So I dunno. Harvey was unlike anything I've ever been though before, and I'm lucky. The rest of the city is going through it. What you see on TV is happening all over the place. It happened right up the street from me like I said yesterday.

Here's a link to some stories that explains how we got to this point

DJ Bowser

I've only played 3 games so far, but it feels a lot like last year. The blocking logic seems a little better and I was never good at user picks so I don't feel the nerfed playmaker skill. I liked last year's game though. I've got to try out the precision passing or whatever they're calling it. It seems like WRs move logically to the ball for the first time ever which is nice.

Long-term injuries seem too common. 2 weeks into my offline franchise on default settings, I've got 5 big injuries.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I love being able to see the trade offers being made in early madden. Its very easy to pinpoint who will be in cap hell by season 2-3.

All trade requests will go through me and I will likely request feedback from others. I'm usually pretty lax on trades but I am going to make more of an effort to be strict/fair. Very unlikely I would approve the trading of an elite 90+ player unless it made sense for both teams

This brings up a point- free agents like long-term deals but we generally don't play a ton of seasons. Has a cap on the amount of years you can offer a free agent ever been discussed as a rule?

They revamped FA logic but to your question, if everyone is able to offer these deals, why is there a rule needed to prevent long term signings?

"Because I don't have the cap space to compete with the browns!"

DJ Bowser

They revamped FA logic but to your question, if everyone is able to offer these deals, why is there a rule needed to prevent long term signings?

"Because I don't have the cap space to compete with the browns!"

It seems like it actually hurts teams with excess space to allow the 7 year $200m deals because Madden (at least in the past) back-loads contracts so teams with less space can sign players they otherwise wouldn't be able to.

I don't mean to over-complicate things; it's just a passing thought.

Smokey

Have you heard anything about the Galveston area? I know someone who used to live there, thankfully they don't anymore. I'd assume that area is 100% under water though.

They can't get reporters down there because the entry/exit freeways are flooded. They mentioned yesterday that Galveston was seeing 50mph gusts, but that was about the extent. No eyes on the ground.

I know it's your hometown and all, but damn this is the kind of stuff that would get me to move ASAP. I saw some pictures of schools hallways completely flooded and it's just shocking to think those hallways are supposed to be filled up right now. I think DISD said they'd take any Houston kids coming in but I can't imagine too many made it up there.

Somnia

I know it's your hometown and all, but damn this is the kind of stuff that would get me to move ASAP. I saw some pictures of schools hallways completely flooded and it's just shocking to think those hallways are supposed to be filled up right now. I think DISD said they'd take any Houston kids coming in but I can't imagine too many made it up there.

Then you move somewhere with earthquakes or tornados, you're screwed everywhere you go.

Top Bottom