• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

damn, after seeing the PS4 screen shots, while obviously not from a normal gameplay angle yet, it's hard to see the current gen screens and think they look great.
I'm so ready for PS4

where are the new pics?

p.s.

phee go watch that vid again on youtube. looks horrible aside from some of those closeups

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hey Ferny, CB, and Phee,

You guys ready for the DIII Expansion? I can't wait to hop on it for two days and then never play again.

Ill buy it. As mediocre as D3 was compared to D2 and other Blizzard games, they are still above average compared to other games.

brentech

i'm not sure if there is newer shots available. just stuff that's been on their site or they showed.

but yeah, that old 'next gen' trailer is so laughable. That's like people that see the opening cinematic of a Blizzard game and expect the game to look like it.

eznark

Banned
AT in an epic game of throws right now

1024x576.resizedimage

BigAT

AT in an epic game of throws right now

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1118304316783090694/B41F4008DC8DD6F3EBD89743DCB1DF3424AFA3FC/1024x576.resizedimage[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure that was a thrilling game to watch, it was nerve wracking for me playing in it. Thank god the Big Meat Squad came out on top, we really did try to throw it. They kind of threw at the end too honestly, they should have had the game in hand at one point and blew it.

Second game didn't go so well. I think we had a bad draft and even worse execution. It didn't help that arguably our best player had to leave after the first game, so we were without him for the second. I was terrible at last hitting for some reason, their Alch got huge and they just moved as a team much better than we did.

Coming into tonight they were one of just three undefeated teams left (us being another) in the entire league. That's 3 out of 80 teams. Unfortunately they just happened to be in our division so now we're both 7-1. They were a really good team, so I can't feel too bad about splitting with them I say to myself AS I ANGRILY MASH MY KEYS TYPING THIS OUT STILL SOUR ABOUT THE SECOND GAME.

Yeah, I'm sure that was a thrilling game to watch, it was nerve wracking for me playing in it. Thank god the Big Meat Squad came out on top, we really did try to throw it. They kind of threw at the end too honestly, they should have had the game in hand at one point and blew it.

Second game didn't go so well. I think we had a bad draft and even worse execution. It didn't help that arguably our best player had to leave after the first game, so we were without him for the second. I was terrible at last hitting for some reason, their Alch got huge and they just moved as a team much better than we did.

Coming into tonight they were one of just three undefeated teams left (us being another) in the entire league. That's 3 out of 80 teams. Unfortunately they just happened to be in our division so now we're both 7-1. They were a really good team, so I can't feel too bad about splitting with them I say to myself AS I ANGRILY MASH MY KEYS TYPING THIS OUT STILL SOUR ABOUT THE SECOND GAME.

Wonderbread? Why did he have to leave? He was spectating... i saw a few comments from him

BigAT

Wonderbread? Why did he have to leave? He was spectating... i saw a few comments from him

He has some weird thing where he has to leave like every night from 9:45 until 10:15. To do what? Who knows! So he didn't have time to start the second game and only popped back in to watch the last few minutes of the it.

eznark

Banned
Splat, why is all this great info coming out about your potentially fuck-awesome game yet it wasn't shown at gamescom? What are you hiding?

eznark

Banned
I decided to enjoy my last weekend without Madden instead of getting the season pass. I was going to get it just so I could practice and beat Shake since that poor bastard would never shell out $25 for season pass!

LiveWire

As tempting as season ticket was - I needed that amazon directv deal since the facists running my apartment complex won't let me have a satellite

Someone pointed me in the direction of this, which I'm thinking of informing my landlord:

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

As directed by Congress in Section 207 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Federal Communications Commission adopted the Over-the-Air Reception Devices (“OTARD”) rule concerning governmental and nongovernmental restrictions on viewers' ability to receive video programming signals from direct broadcast satellites ("DBS"), broadband radio service providers (formerly multichannel multipoint distribution service or MMDS), and television broadcast stations ("TVBS").

The rule (47 C.F.R. Section 1.4000) has been in effect since October 1996, and it prohibits restrictions that impair the installation, maintenance or use of antennas used to receive video programming. The rule applies to video antennas including direct-to-home satellite dishes that are less than one meter (39.37") in diameter (or of any size in Alaska), TV antennas, and wireless cable antennas. The rule prohibits most restrictions that: (1) unreasonably delay or prevent installation, maintenance or use; (2) unreasonably increase the cost of installation, maintenance or use; or (3) preclude reception of an acceptable quality signal.

Effective January 22, 1999, the Commission amended the rule so that it also applies to rental property where the renter has an exclusive use area, such as a balcony or patio.

Not sure if you have a balcony/patio or other "exclusive use" area in your unit but fwiw...

Splat

Someone pointed me in the direction of this, which I'm thinking of informing my landlord:

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

As directed by Congress in Section 207 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Federal Communications Commission adopted the Over-the-Air Reception Devices (“OTARD”) rule concerning governmental and nongovernmental restrictions on viewers' ability to receive video programming signals from direct broadcast satellites ("DBS"), broadband radio service providers (formerly multichannel multipoint distribution service or MMDS), and television broadcast stations ("TVBS").

The rule (47 C.F.R. Section 1.4000) has been in effect since October 1996, and it prohibits restrictions that impair the installation, maintenance or use of antennas used to receive video programming. The rule applies to video antennas including direct-to-home satellite dishes that are less than one meter (39.37") in diameter (or of any size in Alaska), TV antennas, and wireless cable antennas. The rule prohibits most restrictions that: (1) unreasonably delay or prevent installation, maintenance or use; (2) unreasonably increase the cost of installation, maintenance or use; or (3) preclude reception of an acceptable quality signal.

Effective January 22, 1999, the Commission amended the rule so that it also applies to rental property where the renter has an exclusive use area, such as a balcony or patio.

Not sure if you have a balcony/patio or other "exclusive use" area in your unit but fwiw...

In my last apartment they wouldn't let me put the satellite on the railing w/ clamps, but the installer said he could just attach it to cinder blocks instead if I gave him $20, despite directv telling their installers not to do it. Complex complained a couple times but it never went anywhere.

I decided to enjoy my last weekend without Madden instead of getting the season pass. I was going to get it just so I could practice and beat Shake since that poor bastard would never shell out $25 for season pass!

Shake gave up the packers so he could be the chiefs. You are free and clear to ruin the packers again!

LiveWire

In my last apartment they wouldn't let me put the satellite on the railing w/ clamps, but the installer said he could just attach it to cinder blocks instead if I gave him $20, despite directv telling their installers not to do it. Complex complained a couple times but it never went anywhere.

The bolded is what I had set up at my old apartment in the city. My new place is a townhouse complex and the agent who showed the unit specifically mentioned that they didn't allow satellites. We'll see how it goes, but thankfully Madden has a solution if it fails.

BigAT

I'm guessing none of you guys that are upgrading have unlimited data plans anymore? Or don't care about losing them at least.

Nightz

I'm guessing none of you guys that are upgrading have unlimited data plans anymore? Or don't care about losing them at least.

I'm buying the phone off contract. I can't go without my unlimited. By upgrading I meant getting rid of my old crappy Galaxy Nexus.

eznark

Banned
I have no idea what my data plan is and honestly don't care. I have a mifi that I took up to the Lake in July. We had like 20 people there all using my mifi to watch Netflix and other shit like baseball and Dota. I ended up going 7 gb's over. Only cost me $70. $10/gig of data? Who needs unlimited? That's the first time I've ever gone over as far as I know.

Top Bottom