• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sorry to hear that DM. Hopefully you find something more rewarding where your efforts pay off for you better.

Madden: Slideshow edition.

TheCrow

Sorry to hear that DM. Hopefully you find something more rewarding where your efforts pay off for you better.

Madden: Slideshow edition.

Holy shit at that last play. That was less than 1 fps. This is just getting progressively worse and worse as the game goes on.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Holy shit at that last play. That was less than 1 fps. This is just getting progressively worse and worse as the game goes on.

Can I quit this game? This is such a huge waste of time. We've been playing for over an hour and I'm not actually playing. I hit the pass button at least 4 times for that int you had and there was one time where I didn't get to pick my offensive play because I got courageous and didn't just choose the Gameplay suggested play.

When I say I am not playing I mean it. I am not holding my controller.
I am watching the game though. Helping my son play Castlevania on his DS.

eznark

Banned
Congratulations DM, you've been liberated from the slavery of toiling for others. Take this opportunity and start your own thing. Grief counseling for TB fans? A Taco Bell franchise? The world is your oyster, don't go back to the cube mines.

Ramirez

I use wireless and it's fine...

I forgot to mention after my first game, it takes entirely way too long to finish a game. I think me & Live we're playing close to 2 hours?? It felt like forever.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Second punt with zero punt power due to lag.

Am I allowed to quit? I need to put my kids to bed. This lag is ridiculous.
On defense I hit the A button to select the Gameplan play. And then just watch.
On offense I hit the A button to select the Gameplan Run play and then hold up (occasional move the stick back and forth and make engine sounds with my mouth).

Colasante

Good game, Az, that was fun. I already hate the option. When Flacco is running all over me, I'm either an idiot at stopping it or it's busted. But it'll be fun trying to stop it next time. And I guess I need to learn how to stop Ray Rice from running up the middle all day on me too.

Smokey

Second punt with zero punt power due to lag.

Am I allowed to quit? I need to put my kids to bed. This lag is ridiculous.
On defense I hit the A button to select the Gameplan play. And then just watch.
On offense I hit the A button to select the Gameplan Run play and then hold up (occasional move the stick back and forth and make engine sounds with my mouth).

lol

Good game, Az, that was fun. I already hate the option. When Flacco is running all over me, I'm either an idiot at stopping it or it's busted. But it'll be fun trying to stop it next time. And I guess I need to learn how to stop Ray Rice from running up the middle all day on me too.

GG, man. First OT game so it was pretty intense. Yeah, I think you can key in on the QB but I tried to use it infrequently enough to where you would forget about it when I hit you with it. Your screens were tearing me up, though. And your TE, though I feel like I must've injured him 4 times that game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Firings fucking suck.

I bet the after you end up at your next place though, you'll look back and see it as one of the best things to happen to you.

Running read option with Joe Flacco?

fucking lol, jesus h christ.

and now you see why i wanted this trash banned. its broken in a million piece jigsaw puzzle. even though it's not banned at this time i haven't used it once this season nor will i... and i could decimate the league with how ridiculous kap is running it!

and now you see why i wanted this trash banned. its broken in a million piece jigsaw puzzle. even though it's not banned at this time i haven't used it once this season nor will i... and i could decimate the league with how ridiculous kap is running it!

Hey, I run the triple option, bitches. Regular read option is too easy.

TheCrow

Shut my pc down after hitting some of the worst lag in the third. After that the lag was ok but didn't really affect any of my plays. It would mostly lag as I was selecting plays or before I snapped the ball.

Mrbob

Drizzler you ready to play?

I wasn't "living up to expectations". I was busting my ass, but not having good enough results for them, working nearly 50 hour weeks. Blah, whatever. I'm over it. What's done is done. I'm already job searching, no rest for the fired.

The corporate world is fucked up. Best thing to do is what you are doing right now.

LiveWire

I think we need to adjust some sliders. 9 drops in that game, 6 from these two:

2 drops Kendall Wright 85 CTH
4 Kenny Britt 85 CTH 92 CIT 84 SPC

Ramirez

I hope the PS4 version is actually good, this game is a fucking mess.

Turn down the fucking injury slider, there's a damn injury every other play, RIP Antonio Brown.

Turn down the fucking injury slider, there's a damn injury every other play, RIP Antonio Brown.

what do you want? your entire team to stay healthy every game? i don't see an issue with injuries.

but that's just me! is there an epidemic of injuries?

Splat

Seemed like a lot of guys got nicked up that game, but only Brown out longer than a few plays and only 2 games total. That's way better than real life Steelers this week!

GG though, I was worried how it would end up after your first drive went right to my endzone without any resistance. Didn't mean to score that late TD w/ Gio, meant to fall down at the 1 but he slid further than I expected, sorry!

There were a couple plays that just seemed off, like the screen I housed. You had me in the backfield and the tackle just.. didn't happen.

Ramirez

what do you want? your entire team to stay healthy every game? i don't see an issue with injuries.

but that's just me! is there an epidemic of injuries?

I just wanna go one series without hearing Jim tell me the training staff is coming out.

^ The game was over when Ben fumbled by being sneezed on. I hit X to slide, nothing happened. I hit X to tackle on the screen, nothing happened. After he fumbled he couldn't throw a pass to save his life, and my WRs couldn't catch anything when it actually did get to them.

The only way you seem to be able to get any stops this year is when a person has to go to passing exclusively. Runs are like automatic 3-4 yard gains, it's impossible to penetrate the line with a manual LB, which makes the game ultra dull for me. Defense just feels sluggish and not fun.

I could just be old, disinterested, and washed up, always a possibility.

Yeah. Titans were just shook down in Reliant. GG tho Live. Maybe you guys were cold? I dunno

Arian is eatin good right now. Dat 11.8 YPC

I guess my guys were shook at Reliant & at Heinz in the games we played, because they dropped tons too. Me & Live both had drops in our game too, definitely seems to be a consistent problem in my experience.

I just wanna go one series without hearing Jim tell me the training staff is coming out.

^ The game was over when Ben fumbled by being sneezed on. I hit X to slide, nothing happened. I hit X to tackle on the screen, nothing happened. After he fumbled he couldn't throw a pass to save his life, and my WRs couldn't catch anything when it actually did get to them.

The only way you seem to be able to get any stops this year is when a person has to go to passing exclusively. Runs are like automatic 3-4 yard gains, it's impossible to penetrate the line with a manual LB, which makes the game ultra dull for me. Defense just feels sluggish and not fun.

I could just be old, disinterested, and washed up, always a possibility.

my main problem with defense is they went WAAAAAY too far in taking away suction tackling. i dont want to magically make every tackle, but the game seems to be going a bit of the way that NCAA did where there is basically a paper thin "tackle box" (i.e. the area near the runner where you need to navigate your guy to initiate the tackle animation). i've had guys BASICALLY dead to rights so many times but they just snake on by :(

Ramirez

my main problem with defense is they went WAAAAAY too far in taking away suction tackling. i dont want to magically make every tackle, but the game seems to be going a bit of the way that NCAA did where there is basically a paper thin "tackle box" (i.e. the area near the runner where you need to navigate your guy to initiate the tackle animation). i've had guys BASICALLY dead to rights so many times but they just snake on by :(

Yup, definitely is the biggest issue. I saw the screen from a mile away when Splat called it, and was literally sitting right next to the RB when he caught it, but got shit for my diligence.

TheCrow

chavokart.jpg

GOTF

Smokey

I guess my guys were shook at Reliant & at Heinz in the games we played, because they dropped tons too. Me & Live both had drops in our game too, definitely seems to be a consistent problem in my experience.

But you've been shook against me for going on a year + now. That's nothing new.

Cushing is out 5 weeks with Torn Labrum. Need to bring the roids in.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I haven't had any injury issues myself but Crow had three guys go down in our game and a half. One of them was a bad injury too. If we aren't seeing knees blowing out every game I think it's realistic the way it is.
There has to be on average 3-4 injuries per game in the NFL.

Top Bottom