• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

Ok ladies, this is the final push for the league. The league will be starting shortly... as in within the next 24 hours... if it's going to happen at all. It is paramount (OMFG BIG WORDS!) that everyone make their intentions known immediately. The league will be ready to go. The schedule will be ready to go. Please keep in mind the following before you commit:

1. strict rules. VERY strict rules. if you can't live with this, just save everyone the trouble and don't sign up. some examples of new rules: no going for it on 4th down in any circumstance outside of the 4th quarter. IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. 4th and inches at the 0 yard line in the 1st quarter? kick a fg. and that's just a taste!

2. # of days between games will be appox 3-5 days. nothing out of the ordinary

3. yes you will once again have to record your stats

so please sign up now if you are interested. if you want to know further details of how league play is conducted, go to "search" type in "madden season 8" and go to that thread. post #1 has some good info!

p.s. go ahead and pick teams. vets will likely get the team they want. i'm not doing drafts based on last year. just pick your team and if there is a problem ill try to solve it.
-----------

1. Wellington - giants
2. coldblooded - eagles
3. livewire - skins
4. akaballa - patriots
5. chrisjames - lions
6. dmczaf - buccaneers
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. tamanon - jaguars
9. lonestar - seaducks
10. azwethink - bengals
11. bluemax - chargers
12. vumpler - panthers
13. andokuky - broncos
14. airbrian - bears
15. sable - skins
16. shawn - cowboys
17. bonsevan - ravens
18. birdbomb - rams
19. dcx - falcons
20. rorschach - raiders

AkaBalla

Aka is here.. Are we doing a draft of teams or is it first come first serve?

I would really prefer using my hometown team Pats..

Tamanon

Banned
I'll get in on this, I haven't played much Madden yet, but wanna see how the online play is.

Tamanon - Jaguars

Zep

Banned
Damn...sold it. Oh wellz, have fun guys.

Oh yea...

vumpler still would never play me cause hes a pussy.

I'm in, although I'm not really sure who to pick. I just really want a team with a good running back.

ok team picks:
1. Chargers
2. Bengals
3. Saints
4. Rams
5. Ravens

I doubt I'll get the good teams but I figure I'd throw those in there for the hell of it.

chargers are taken by bluemax

also tamanon you sure you want to play? please read the details in the other thread as well! we have to input our own stats and so on.

Tamanon

Banned
Psht, I read all that mumbo jumbo, it's no big whoop. Somebody's gotta represent the Jags and I definitely don't play any cheese!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Fifty said:
Did the patch fix the lag?

I would say yes. From all encounters I've had with people world wide (played a guy from Europe somehow yesterday) the lag is negligible with a somewhat increased lag in menu's.

AirBrian

I'll commit.

Bears if still available, but I'm sure Mrbob gets first dibs with them.

01) Bears
02) 49ers (obviously they are taken) :p
03) Colts
04) Giants
05) Saints

bluemax

Banned
I'm totally still down for this. I was this close to making the playoffs last season and I think my passing has improved since then.

Rivers will make you pay for trying to contain LT!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
And I hope to have Rorschach in my division. It's a rivalry in the same vein as the Yankees/Red Sox. IT IS.

bosevan

Hey guys I would love to be in, as long as I don't have to be the Lions again, lol.

XLT: Farnsworth165
AIM: Bonsevan77

Teams I would like to be:

1) GIANTS
2) Ravens
3) Steelers
4) Saints
5) Titans

Thanks guys I won't be back until the first so if the first game is right away whoever my opponent is just lettin you know. Peace out

vumpler

Lets get these submissions in guys so we can get the schedule made and rolling. Call/message your friends and have them submit. We would like to get started on the schedule tomorrow.

vumpler

ChrisJames said:
I'll take the Lions :(

It ****ing sucks being a Lions fan (where you stop caring if they win or lose by week 5)

At least in the game you have a legitimate chance.

Zep

Banned
I'll re-buy the game if we go up in minutes...**** doing 5min quarters, that shit is for the birds.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
And I hope to have Rorschach in my division. It's a rivalry in the same vein as the Yankees/Red Sox. IT IS.
You've become too good and my team has been downgraded too far. :(

Bluemax: Thought you said you hated the Chargers ><

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am in.

This topic sorta came out of nowhere, so i will throw in for my boy Sableholic as well. He is definitely in.

How is the team selection going to be done? First come first serve or draft order like we've done before?

My first choice, naturally, is the Giants.

For those that need to re-buy. Check Dealsea.com or Slickdeals.net. Kohls has the game on sale for $39.

vumpler

01. fmt - 49ers
02. coldblooded - eagles
03. livewire - skins
04. akaballa - patriots
05. chrisjames - lions
06. dmczaf - buccaneers
07. malleymal - chiefs
08. tamanon - jaguars
09. lonestar - seaducks
10. azwethink - bengals
11. bluemax - chargers
12. vumpler - panthers
13. andokuky - broncos
14. airbrian - bears
15. cerebral palsy - ?????????
16. shawn - cowboys
17. bonsevan - ravens
18. birdbomb - rams
19. dcx - falcons
20. rorschach - raiders
21. Wellington - giants

Deadline is tonight at 9pm CST guys!! Deadline includes team selection and submission of your entry to the league.

well fellas i'm going to try against some other people, but i may need to drop. NOW CALM DOWN! i'm still going to help out with the commish duties, i'm still going to pay for the league and all that stuff, i just wouldn't be playing as a team.

the reason? my internet connection ****ING SUCKS, and there isn't anything i can do about it (no other options in my area!). i played CB yesterday. he lives appox 30 mins away from me, and we had shitty lag. i wasn't dl anything (my computer was off). so if that is what i get against los angeles players then guess what.

anyways, i will try a few more games before i throw in the towel. but regardless, this should not impede the progress of the league. for the good of the land!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vumpler said:
01. fmt - 49ers
02. coldblooded - eagles
03. livewire - skins
04. akaballa - patriots
05. chrisjames - lions
06. dmczaf - buccaneers
07. malleymal - chiefs
08. tamanon - jaguars
09. lonestar - seaducks
10. azwethink - bengals
11. bluemax - chargers
12. vumpler - panthers
13. andokuky - broncos
14. airbrian - bears
15. cerebral palsy - ?????????
16. shawn - cowboys
17. bonsevan - ravens
18. birdbomb - rams
19. dcx - falcons
20. rorschach - raiders
21. Wellington - giants

Deadline is tonight at 9pm CST guys!! Deadline includes team selection and submission of your entry to the league.
Like I said, Sableholic wants in.

Also, isn't it a little much to expect that you post this in a part of the forum that gets little traffic and for people to respond in 24 hours or less to get in?

i'm out fellas. lag sucks too much and i know for a fact it's due to SBC. the service has gotten progressively worse over the year and now it just flat out sucks complete balls. i call them up but they say they haven't upgraded our area or some bs. anyhow, notify me when the league is ready to go up and ill take care of the leaguedaddy end. i'll also help out here and there with other things.

vumpler

Looking for just a few more. Right now we have 20 and that's a great number for a league. If more want in we still have a few hours.

hgplayer1

I'll play. doesnt matter which team I use. assign me one and Ill use them (even the Texans O_O ). I think everyone here knows you can count on me to play all my games despite what happened at the end of last season. Id rather be an AFC team since at this point in the real NFL season I hate any team in the NFC and I dont wanna jinx the Cowboys chance in the playoffs. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer1 said:
I'll play. doesnt matter which team I use. assign me one and Ill use them (even the Texans O_O ). I think everyone here knows you can count on me to play all my games despite what happened at the end of last season. Id rather be an AFC team since at this point in the real NFL season I hate any team in the NFC and I dont wanna jinx the Cowboys chance in the playoffs. :D

The Cowpokes will be wiped out by the Seahawks in round one. Book it!

Top Bottom