• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

This is a bannable post!

SociableUnfoldedBeauceron.gif

Damn... not only is the somnia curse real, but its apparently strong enough to force the cursed team to change their name to mouz. Tinker never stood a chance. Rip in pepperonis bulba

pls no root for artoozy or EG

PLS

Nice, glad they reduced the tech's delays for traps and mines but not a fan of the minefield sign changes. Happy they increased Slar's crush damage too.

welli such a tease

v2A0Zpn.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Welli, what's the best credit card right now?

Depends what you want out of it, be it purchase protections, cash back, travel rewards, etc.

Best cash back: Fidelity AMEX card, it's my go to for most every purchase that isn't in a category for another card's bonus. 2% cash back, when you hit $50 it can be deposited directly to a linked Fidelity account. Plus it has all of AMEX's protections

For travel it depends who you fly. Since I mostly fly Delta or AA I use the AMEX Everyday Preferred card. Their points transfer straight to Delta. You can also transfer AMEX MR points to British Airways and use their points on AA/US Airways.

I also like the Citi Premier card. I've had it for 7 years and it has been a work horse for me for Thank You Points.

Bottomline: Need more info from you to make a proper recommendation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BTW I started using Betterment for easy mode investing, I like it. It invests your money across a pretty broad range of funds automatically. All you see on the front end is how much you have in there, which is good. It helps take away some of the mystique from having to own whatever shares and diversification and stuff.

Somnia

Isn't your job to approve or deny mortgage applications? Ruining hope is literally your job.

No we don't deal with loans prior to approval, we are buying mortgages from banks to take it off their books so they can continue to give more mortgages out.

eznark

Banned
Looking for a good rewards card. Not interested in amex though in any way. I frequent a lot of small businesses and the amex fees are about double for merchants. I used to be super up on this stuff but I haven't looked at switching card in 10 years

Looking for a good rewards card. Not interested in amex though in any way. I frequent a lot of small businesses and the amex fees are about double for merchants. I used to be super up on this stuff but I haven't looked at switching card in 10 years

My amazon rewards card has been doing tons of work for me.

Mrbob

BTW I started using Betterment for easy mode investing, I like it. It invests your money across a pretty broad range of funds automatically. All you see on the front end is how much you have in there, which is good. It helps take away some of the mystique from having to own whatever shares and diversification and stuff.

Interesting. I'm looking up them up right now and they have a good track record. I might make an investment with them.

Did you sign up for the tax loss harvesting?

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-card.aspx

This is my favorite CC.

You can 1:1 transfer your points to many different airlines rewards programs if you so desire. When you use your points to book travel thru chase (which has the same prices as travel websites like orbitz and the like) you save an additional 20%. You get a huge bonus if you actually use your card in the first couple of months (40k points).

Also, my favorite thing with this CC. When i call in it rings 2-3 times and im talking to a human... this is great when you are traveling and run into an issues that need to be resolved quickly

Splat

I opened accounts with both wealthfront and betterment ~2 years ago, and consolidated into wealthfront last year. I think wealthfront's fees are lower if you have a smaller amount in there, and betterment's are better at the higher end. If you guys want referrals to wealthfront lemme know, since both sides of the referral get more money managed for free.

I almost never pay for my own travel, so that's not a big issue for me.

You can always redeem your points for cash.

Also, you can early extra points if you shop through the ultimate rewards mall (~250 stores). Some places offer 10x points.

Right now if you buy through the Microsoft store you get an additional 4 points per $ spent... so when you get that shiney new SP4 this summer youll get like 5k points if you buy the cheapy $1000 model like me. Easiest $50 of your life!

Mrbob

I opened accounts with both wealthfront and betterment ~2 years ago, and consolidated into wealthfront last year. I think wealthfront's fees are lower if you have a smaller amount in there, and betterment's are better at the higher end. If you guys want referrals to wealthfront lemme know, since both sides of the referral get more money managed for free.

Why waste your time on Splatbot when you could be making your own robo adviser and pulling in the big money.

brentech

Also, you can early extra points if you shop through the ultimate rewards mall (~250 stores). Some places offer 10x points.

I used to have that with my BoA card, but no longer. I did like rewards mall. Now the card does a mix of reward points (dollar per point) and cash back. They do some things that you can earn extra points on still.

Usually get a $50 gift card for Amazon every two months or so through the points.
Get direct cash back for purchases made at select retailers each month.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I got a missed call from some area code in seattle. It was probably Valve inviting me to TI5

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Interesting. I'm looking up them up right now and they have a good track record. I might make an investment with them.

Did you sign up for the tax loss harvesting?

I do have it on, I just started using it (3 weeks ago) so there haven't been any really big downturns just yet to really start harvesting.

Use my referral link, you get 30 free days on top of the normal 30 they give you and I get 30 free days.

Even Mr Money Mustache recommends it:

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2014/11/04/why-i-put-my-last-100000-into-betterment/

I do spend a ton of money on Amazon

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-card.aspx

This is my favorite CC.

You can 1:1 transfer your points to many different airlines rewards programs if you so desire. When you use your points to book travel thru chase (which has the same prices as travel websites like orbitz and the like) you save an additional 20%. You get a huge bonus if you actually use your card in the first couple of months (40k points).

Also, my favorite thing with this CC. When i call in it rings 2-3 times and im talking to a human... this is great when you are traveling and run into an issues that need to be resolved quickly

You can always redeem your points for cash.

Right now if you buy through the Microsoft store you get an additional 4 points per $ spent... so when you get that shiney new SP4 this summer youll get like 5k points if you buy the cheapy $1000 model like me. Easiest $50 of your life!

I used to have that with my BoA card, but no longer. I did like rewards mall. Now the card does a mix of reward points (dollar per point) and cash back. They do some things that you can earn extra points on still.

Usually get a $50 gift card for Amazon every two months or so through the points.
Get direct cash back for purchases made at select retailers each month.

Man you guys are really talking my language now!

I have a strat with Chase points, problem is I have other cards that I find the points to be more beneficial for. I think the Chase Sapphire Preferred isn't that great a card, but since it pays out the highest commission all of the travel bloggers hawk it like crazy.

The earning structure for the CSP is:

40k signup bonus
2x on Dining, it's 3x every first Friday of the month.
2x on Travel
1x everything else

Now, what I did is I combined it with the earning power of the other two Chase cards.

Chase Freedom Earning Structure:
10k signup bonus
5x on Rotating Categories every quarter. This quarter it's Dining, next it's gas stations and something else, last is Amazon and department stores for Christmas.

Dining is easily my biggest category of spend being a single dude. You can take the Freedom card's points and transfer them to the CSP.

The real winner depending on how you spend is the Chase Ink Plus business card

Currently 60k signup bonus
5x points for spend on your Cable/TV service and your Cell Phone bill
5x points for spend in Office Supply stores such as staples
2x points on Gas and Hotel Accomodations
1x on everything else.

My cable and cell phone bills are like $240 a month so that's an easy 1k+ points regularly. I get my gas at Costco so I don't qualify for the 5x, but the money saved is worth more than the points. The real kicker is the 5x at office supply stores. I have made some serious bank with a lot of trickery, but you can buy giftcards for just about anything in Staples. If you have one nearby to begin with (which I have one about a block up from my job) you can just stop in on the way home and pickup gift cards for gas, amazon, starbucks, southwest GCs, damn near anything. It's all 5x.

The Chase points are super valuable if you live near a Southwest Focus City, a United Hub or Focus City and an AA/US Hub that isn't NY.

I have an old card that is grandfathered in that gives me 5x on dining and amazon.

1.) You spelled her name wrong
2.) Have you seen her lately? I dont think that statement is too crazy these days.

1) I mostly write it as lauren having a real life friend by the same name

2) it wasn't about looks... Was a dumb joke about her supposedly saying she'd rather starve than have white people buy her music (she never said that)

3) fu

4) who makes lists with both .) use one or the other you degenerate!

5.:;)- fu again

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Looks cleaner to me!

Im guessing Lauryn Hill doesnt know what she has or hasnt said at this point. Which is pretty sad.

Ferny

Worked for Chase for 3 years in their CC Division. Ink Business was my area of expertise. It's a fantastic rewards card. Freedom is pretty damn good too. Never was a fan of their travel cards, but to some they were worth it. Their rewards programs and what you can redeem them for is some of the best in the biz. Also dont automatically shy away from the cards they have that have annual fees. If you make enough use of the card, it pays itself back very quickly.

eznark

Banned
Can't wait to hear Rors talk about his awful solo queue team after this one! Level 13 50 minutes in.....

brentech

I had a rough start on veno in a game earlier today, but once I hit 6, my ult combined with phoenix ult was just too strong. Team fights turned it around for the win, and my final challenge.

Rorschach

Sorry, gents. I won't post about my solo queue anymore.
I had a rough start on veno in a game earlier today, but once I hit 6, my ult combined with phoenix ult was just too strong. Team fights turned it around for the win, and my final challenge.

Support Veno?

Top Bottom