• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah im in as well.

Its pretty good, although the mix of gyro aiming plus the right stick is kind of disorienting.

BigAT

There's like a charge up bonus you can activate with pushing in right stick, meter in the top right.

Music is dope, movement is pretty cool. Aiming feels kind of crappy at best, even with motion aiming turned off.

CB3

I cant believe Austin Rivers and JJ Redick are burying a team by themselves.

Even with Jason Terry and Harden defending those guys, its still god awful.

BigAT

fA35odr.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No matter how many times I make this trip, driving to NY from FL solo SUCCCCCCKKKS

After making that drive one too many times I swore never again. I had an ex-girlfriend that moved to North Carolina and I was doing that drive, shorter but still 10 fucking hours.

His situation is obviously different due to the move

God that uhaul experience of mine is the stuff of nightmares, I'm going to go find the post describing it

It was during the time oatmeal was doing play by plays for his games and I'm not filtering through that nonsense. I drove a 16 foot budget truck from Chicago to Boca stopping once in Atlanta. no cup holders. And the fuel intake was tilted the wrong way , so it was impossible to put gas In it until I cussed for 30 minutes walking around it in a circle and realized I can just drive the left side onto pallets so the entire truck tilts to offset the fuel intake tilting the wrong way and that is what I had to do to fill it up again and again. Driving a truck that size through the insane hills of Tennessee at night... I'm lucky to be alive. And my cousin I was staying withs dog died two days before I left. That trip was the worst.

BigAT

Did the NJ->Florida driving round trip twice when I was younger, going to Disney with the family.

Fucking miserable.

brentech

through the insane hills of Tennessee at night.

That's probably the worst of it in terms of sketchy driving conditions. That area sucks to travel through.

edit: Just purchased Project Cars on GMG. Looked a little underwhelming in the GB quick-look, but the kart racing got my attention.
What really sunk the hooks in was the email with 20% off code, so why not. If you didn't get an email: HAPPYB-IRTHDA-YGMG20

Long road trips are fun!

The only one I ever hated was a massive round trip me and my ex did. San Antonio -> DC -> Milwaukee -> St. Louis -> San antonio

I mean, it was spread over almost two weeks but it was brutal.

I regularly go from Houston to St. Louis/Milwaukee and it's fun

Get to eat junk food
Blast music
Stop and eat and random hole in the wall restaurants
Make emergency bathroom stops due to hole in the wall restaurant food

Long road trips are fun!

The only one I ever hated was a massive round trip me and my ex did. San Antonio -> DC -> Milwaukee -> St. Louis -> San antonio

I mean, it was spread over almost two weeks but it was brutal.

I regularly go from Houston to St. Louis/Milwaukee and it's fun

Get to eat junk food
Blast music
Stop and eat and random hole in the wall restaurants
Make emergency bathroom stops due to hole in the wall restaurant food

What about road head

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The drive from San Diego to Maryland was pretty rough, especially going through Oklahoma.

Holy crap dude.

I guess that it becomes exciting leading into the trip because it's an experience that not many get to really do. Must've been crazy.

Worst ever was as a poor college kid when me and a bunch of friends decided to drive down to New Orleans from New York. We were super excited for it but it was an awful experience.

brentech

Holy crap dude.

I guess that it becomes exciting leading into the trip because it's an experience that not many get to really do. Must've been crazy.

Worst ever was as a poor college kid when me and a bunch of friends decided to drive down to New Orleans from New York. We were super excited for it but it was an awful experience.

It's NO, at worst, you burn the car down there and fly back!

cdyhybrid

Longest drive I've ever done was Seattle to Vegas. Normally would have gone east to Idaho and straight south, but it was in winter so we didn't want to deal with the snow in eastern WA. Went down through California instead and circled back up to LV, added an extra 2-3 hours, bringing the trip to 20 hours straight.

Of course, then we ran into a blizzard shortly after we crossed into CA from OR. Fuck road trips any longer than 3 hours or so. I'll just fly.

I've done Seattle to Los Angeles and back a couple of times. If you are a dumb college/hs kid like I was the first few times and try to do it all in one go it is awful (especially the central valley). If you stop half way in like Redding and get a good night sleep it isn't as bad.

My family also went from Texas to Washington when I was a kid but I barely remember that.

Hmmmmm. My building has changed the locks to the roof because reasons and they are saying they won't give me a key. I wouldn't think twice about it but I live on the top floor... I don't rent, I helped pay for the damn roof! The view is awesome. Pretty sure this is a Firecode violation...

Hmmmmmm

Never noticed that.
You on the other hand, too financially/morally poor to put a ring on it.

I'm not going to get into it here, but there are a myriad of reasons one person would refrain from making that commitment to someone else that does not involve a lack of funds or morality.

CB3

How do you let paul pierce get anywhere near the elbow for that kind of shot. Unreal.

Top Bottom