• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

Smokey

harden was gutter trash. pretty amazing.

anxiously awaiting the cavs/warriors vegas lines. if vegas favors the warriors im putting bread down on the cavs and walking away with some duckets in my pocket. cavs in 6

Smokey

i know lebron still eats at you...but the warriors have nobody to guard him. cavs have plenty of bodies to throw at the warriors and playoff lebron is real. like i said im gonna be walking away with a good amount of duckets if they favor the warriors.

I end my NA DotA career

cry.gif

tears.gif

sad.gif

dac15_tired.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i know lebron still eats at you...but the warriors have nobody to guard him. cavs have plenty of bodies to throw at the warriors and playoff lebron is real. like i said im gonna be walking away with a good amount of duckets if they favor the warriors.

I mean, Draymond green was all NBA first team defense. Iggy was as well last year.

"nobody" might be a bit of a reach.

NBC Sports is obscure?

Compared to tnt and espn/abc yes it is. Can I stream the channel on a gaming system?

harden was gutter trash. pretty amazing.

anxiously awaiting the cavs/warriors vegas lines. if vegas favors the warriors im putting bread down on the cavs and walking away with some duckets in my pocket. cavs in 6

Sounds like you're salty at the warriors. It's not your fault.

It's not your fault!

Smokey

I mean, Draymond green was all NBA first team defense. Iggy was as well last year.

"nobody" might be a bit of a reach.

breh

lebron will do some dumb shit at times, but nobody can really guard him except the spurs. you think draymond green is going to be able to stop this dude in the finals after what happened last year? cmon lol

and i don't even rock with lebron like that

breh

nobody can guard lebron. lebron will do some dumb shit at times, but nobody can really guard him except the spurs. you think draymond green is going to be able to stop this dude in the finals after what happened last year? cmon lol

the spurs stopped him? he averaged almost 30 points last year on 57% shooting. no one can stop lebron and i dont think the warriors have to stop him. if the warriors get anywhere near the amount of open looks the hawks got (and missed) the series will be over in 4 games.

with that said, i think it would be pretty cool for lebron to bring a championship to cleveland. i'm rooting for the warriors but i wouldn't be super bummed if the cavs won. i just thank god its not the rockets/hawks since i doubt i would watch any of it.

CB3

breh

nobody can guard lebron. lebron will do some dumb shit at times, but nobody can really guard him except the spurs. you think draymond green is going to be able to stop this dude in the finals after what happened last year? cmon lol

If you wanna say lebron is unguardable, thats another story. which i dont agree with but i understand. But you said "the warriors have nobody to guard him", as if thats a fatal flaw they have that other teams dont share. Relatively speaking, i think they are set up better than most teams with those two guys on the floor.

Also, i dont know if you've noticed, but Steph Curry is every bit as unguardable as Lebron at the moment. And Shumpert is the only guard the cavs have that plays above average D

I really don't think iso-ball with lebron is going to work when the other team is dropping 20 3's a game.

it wont but they haven't been doing that except for the game before last. MOST of the series was lebron driving, drawing double teams, and kicking out to open guys who were knocking down shots.

in game 3 though it was old school lebron with 38 points on 38 shots or something. they will lose any of those types of games he has against the warriors

If you wanna say lebron is unarguable, thats another story. which i dont agree with but i understand. But you said "the warriors have nobody to guard him", as if thats a fatal flaw they have that other teams dont share. Relatively speaking, i think they are set up better than most teams with those two guys on the floor.

Also, i dont know if you've noticed, but Steph Curry is every bit as unarguable as Lebron at the moment. And Shumpert is the only guard the cavs have that plays above average D

Why do you keep saying unarguable?

Smokey

If you wanna say lebron is unarguable, thats another story. which i dont agree with but i understand. But you said "the warriors have nobody to guard him", as if thats a fatal flaw they have that other teams dont share. Relatively speaking, i think they are set up better than most teams with those two guys on the floor.

Also, i dont know if you've noticed, but Steph Curry is every bit as unarguable as Lebron at the moment. And Shumpert is the only guard the cavs have that plays above average D

Lebron can guard Curry if it comes to it. The Rockets are one of the worst pick and roll covering teams I've ever seen. There was a reason the Clippers came down every possession and ran the 2 high 1 roll screen set. I'm (literally) willing to bet he doesn't get some of the insane wide open looks he got against the Rockets.

CB3

Why do you keep saying unarguable?

spell check in chrome doesnt like the work unguardable, apparently.

Lebron can guard Curry if it comes to it. The Rockets are one of the worst pick and roll covering teams I've ever seen. There was a reason the Clippers came down every possession and ran the 2 high 1 roll screen. I'm (literally) willing to bet he doesn't get some of the insane wide open looks he got against the Rockets.

But he's been getting those looks all year. Its not just a recent thing.

Its just their team make up. If its not Curry its Thompson. If its not those two then Green or Barnes randomly drop some 25 point game. Lebron may still be the biggest threat on the court, but the Warriors just have too much.

Lebron can guard Curry if it comes to it. The Rockets are one of the worst pick and roll covering teams I've ever seen. There was a reason the Clippers came down every possession and ran the 2 high 1 roll screen. I'm (literally) willing to bet he doesn't get some of the insane wide open looks he got against the Rockets.

i dont think lebron wants to be chasing curry around screens all game. he could guard him late or in a pinch but he's going to get run ragged otherwise. best to get delladova to take out curry early in the series to even the teams up

Smokey

i dont think lebron wants to be chasing curry around screens all game. he could guard him late or in a pinch but he's going to get run ragged otherwise. best to get delladova to take out curry early in the series to even the teams up

I said if it comes to it. If Curry is cookin he will guard him. It's the Finals.

CB3

I said if it comes to it. If Curry is cookin he will guard him. It's the Finals.

I think they would be ok with that. It leaves a big hole on wing defense. Lebron is already averaging 40 minutes a game in these playoffs and i think it shows. His 3pt shooting is in the toilet. He was fortunate to not have to chase Korver around screens all series.

Smokey

Its just their team make up. If its not Curry its Thompson. If its not those two then Green or Barnes randomly drop some 25 point game. Lebron may still be the biggest threat on the court, but the Warriors just have too much.

I think they would be ok with that. It leaves a big hole on wing defense. Lebron is already averaging 40 minutes a game in these playoffs and i think it shows. His 3pt shooting is in the toilet. He was fortunate to not have to chase Korver around screens all series.

Not necessarily disagreeing...but that's why it's called gambling! Make the Warriors the favorites Vegas. Do itttt

And there it is
aQtr5Kw.png

CB3

Not necessarily disagreeing...but that's why it's called gambling! Make the Warriors the favorites Vegas. Do itttt

They already did.

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 20m20 minutes ago
The Warriors are heavy favorites to win the NBA Finals. Opening -240 or -250, which means around 70% chance of being crowned Champs.

CB3

So i stopped by a Krispy Kreme today. The closest one is pretty out of the way so i only get them once or twice a year.

Is there any retail pastry/desert better than a Krispy Kreme donut? I swear to god its like eating a delicious donut flavored cloud. The making of these things must involve magic.

So i stopped by a Krispy Kreme today. The closest one is pretty out of the way so i only get them once or twice a year.

Is there any retail pastry/desert better than a Krispy Kreme donut? I swear to god its like eating a delicious donut flavored cloud. The making of these things must involve magic.

did they give you a free donut when you walked in? because those are fresh and the very best

CB3

I went through the drive through so i didnt get the fresh donut. Those are especially amazing. They had some special flavors that i got like some Lemon cream one which tasted preeeeety awesome.

DJ Bowser

And there it is
aQtr5Kw.png
Rooting for the Warriors, but looks like I'm gonna have to put a little money on the Cavs as 6 point dogs.

And this Krispy Kreme talk is making me want to hit up the Fort Lauderdale location. That neon light of theirs is like a siren's song when you drive by.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sorry Smokey.

Sucks that the Finals start a week from today. Hopefully the Rangers and my good friend Bob's team, the Blackhawks, will keep us entertained until then.

rinse82

The Cavs are playing some pretty basic, elementary basketball which was good enough to get them out of the East, but won't cut it in the Finals.

Golden State is going to steamroll them.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah, I've never been to a Krispy Kreme. There aren't any up here.

I had to Google to find out where Collingswood is.

Same, never had it. There used to be a bunch in the city but they closed down a few years back. Doing a search it looks like there is one in or near Penn Station and LOL at the idea of going there unless I have to.

AT: Thanks for the OBJ article link. I expect some regression due to defenses adjusting and Cruz being healthy. I also expect OBJ to develop into a d-bag. He showed signs at the end of last season and judging by his IG account it's not slowing down this off-season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If JR Smith ends up with a ring I'm going to kill myself.

Nope. Never forget:

The Warriors won the bidding war with the New York Knicks for Steve Kerr on Wednesday, hiring him away from the TNT broadcast table to be their coach. Kerr agreed to a five-year, $25 million deal with Golden State, said his agent, Mike Tannenbaum.

Vomit inducing. Now we have the clown in your avatar winning meaningless games that cost us the #1 lottery spot.

eznark

Banned
Krispy Kreme donuts are not that good.

Haven't played much dota for like a month, have barely scratched the Witcher, completely neglecting friend Shake in Elite Dangerous..... downloading Splatoon

Same, never had it. There used to be a bunch in the city but they closed down a few years back. Doing a search it looks like there is one in or near Penn Station and LOL at the idea of going there unless I have to.
Unless it closed down it is in penn station. I think it was on a corner and near Tim hortons

lol, of course. I check my mail from yesterday and in it is a bunch of krispy kreme coupons which I've never gotten before!

I'll enjoy my free donut, and my buy 1 dozen get 1 dozen free!

Smokey

Nope. Never forget:

Vomit inducing. Now we have the clown in your avatar winning meaningless games that cost us the #1 lottery spot.

How does it feel to see LeBron take literal NY Knick rejects to the finals?

Hire Fisher over Kerr.

Tank and still lose at life.

Try and hire rehire a dude who assisted in destroying your franchise (Thomas) on the low and thinking nobody would notice.

The NY Knicks will forever be the clown shoes of the NBA smh

Smokey

Who did the Knicks take? Good lord do they do the draft immediately after the lottery??

They tanked something fierce on purpose and were rewarded with the 4th pick in the lottery. The franchise changers were the top 2 guys. The draft isn't until after the Finals.

They also shipped out 2 players to CLE who LeBron has now taken to the finals lol.

They are also paying Camelo Anthony $120,000,000.00+

el o el

BigAT

The Knicks didn't even tank (for most of the season). The 76ers tanked, the Knicks were actively trying to be good. That's the saddest part and goes to show how much they suck.

Top Bottom