• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

eznark

Banned
Jesus fuck, this is the type of fan they are listening to:

T.J. Lauerman @ThatSportsGamer
@eznark @EAMaddenNFL @RichGrisham that's how confidence works in real life. If you're having a shit day & some1 compliments you, you change.

@eznark @EAMaddenNFL @RichGrisham in baseball, a guy hits a liner back up the middle, the pitcher could lose confidence.

@eznark @EAMaddenNFL @RichGrisham break a tackle, you'll feel unstoppable.

Bread

Banned
The good days of Rust <3
the best days!

hopefully game prep menus are overhauled because more prep time won't make it entertaining

seriously, the whole interface needs to be scrapped with the way they load in network content and everything is bogged down

even compared to FIFA it's such trash
all EA games have this problem, and it's such a pain. Going from 2k where the menus are snappy to Madden where you'll have a 1 second load after every button press is such a drag.

brentech

Waiting for Beyond the Sideline.

8373718.jpg
One of the lead devs of BtS had a health issue and they are having to hire an outsider to take over his work, has also delayed the game further.

Greg

the best days!

all EA games have this problem, and it's such a pain. Going from 2k where the menus are snappy to Madden where you'll have a 1 second load after every button press is such a drag.
not sure how FIFA was in other years, but this year it was slick, and I was shocked after coming from Madden

I was like 3 clicks and 3 seconds away from starting all offline/online modes, and that includes playing with a friend
These really sound like positives. Babysteps, but at least they're in the right direction. Practicing with your franchise team is huge. Not nearly as good as playing others, but still decent.

And the game actually telling you what to do to improve your confidence in game is a major step up from the guess-and-pray type of garbage from last year.

Granted, the dawn of the aggressive v conservative catching me render any positives moot points. But come on, guys... it's not even June yet. This is the time for optimism!
optimism?

you just said EA including a basic feature like practicing with your franchise team is huge!

DJ Bowser

optimism?

you just said EA including a basic feature like practicing with your franchise team is huge!
I tempered that by calling it a baby-step! It IS huge compared the void of preparation we had in '15.

I liked you better as Matt Flynn, fam.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DYNAMIC DRIVE GOALS

Each new drive contains a Drive Goal that can be completed for bonus XP and/or Confidence.

Specific goals are tailored based on events in the current game to give players a unique challenge each and every game.

Dynamic Drive Goals truly influence the way you play. The more goals you complete, the faster your players improve.

What in the fuck is this nonsense? I'll make it really easy:

Offensive drive goal: Score a touchdown

Defensive drive goal: Don't allow points

Greg

I tempered that by calling it a baby-step! It IS huge compared the void of preparation we had in '15.

I liked you better as Matt Flynn, fam.
Finley needs some spotlight too

#YOTTO

What in the fuck is this nonsense? I'll make it really easy:

Offensive drive goal: Score a touchdown

Defensive drive goal: Don't allow points
let me have my goals like get a single first down and stand in the pocket for .5 seconds!

Tomatoes are the greatest. Sometimes I snack on slices with a little salt and that's it.

CONFIDENCE TUNING

Confidence has been greatly tuned in Madden NFL 16. We’ve decreased the amount that confidence changes for every player, and also adjusted the ratings per position that can go up or down, and how confidence impacts them.

A new Game Prep activity has been added to the preseason, which allows teams to improve their low confidence before the season begins. We’ve also increased the amount of time each team has in Game Prep every week.

Honestly the improvements sounds pretty good. I wish they'd just remove confidence but at least they're decreasing it's impact from week to week and trying to give the user a better idea of how gaining and losing it works.

The player attributes card thing and the scouting changes sound great.

Somnia

Can't wait for a European team to win the North American qualifier.

I don't know the details, but I guess Tinker had a house already and when Mouz acquired them they told Valve they would be willing to move them back, but Valve told them they can keep their house in America and play in the American qualifiers. No idea as I agree they should be on the European qualifier.

TheCrow

I don't know the details, but I guess Tinker had a house already and when Mouz acquired them they told Valve they would be willing to move them back, but Valve told them they can keep their house in America and play in the American qualifiers. No idea as I agree they should be on the European qualifier.
If they are in America then they should play in the american qualifiers. Especially if they where there before the qualifiers invites went out. Don't see any issue.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
They were there before specifically because they wanted to play in the American qualifiers. It wasnt really happenstance.

BigAT

Yeah, my understanding is it was a series of very deliberate moves on their part so that they could play in the easier NA qualifiers.

Somnia

They were there before specifically because they wanted to play in the American qualifiers. It wasnt really happenstance.

Yeah, my understanding is it was a series of very deliberate moves on their part so that they could play in the easier NA qualifiers.

Ya I heard that. I guess after Mouse acquired them though they told Valve they would move them back and play in the European Qualifier since they are a European ran organization, but were told they can stay and play in the America Qualifier.

Somnia

Mouz looking really good the last few games, but it don't matter none of these teams in the qualifiers will get beyond 10th tops.

TheCrow

I also never cared about having an arbitrary number of teams from different regions. I just want the best teams. So my first reaction to NA dota would be git gud.

eznark

Banned
Yeah the region thing is super dumb. But I guess at the end of the day they really do it just to get people to watch qualifiers at all hours of the day.

Top Bottom