• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.
welp, it's official. madden season 12 will be on ps3. what does this mean? The following:

1. you will need a ps3 to participate

here are some other items you will need to... "know"... about:

1. sim league. play straight up. there is no need to abuse the AI or any exploits that might pop up. we don't know what these exploits are this year. they seem to have eliminated last years problems (through audibles, line shifts, man locks, etc), but we can't know for certain what new problems will arise.

2. be courteous but also understand that there will be bitching. you are going to be complained at by people when you beat them. in most cases, this isn't directed at you personally but rather the losing person is frustrated and sees that you played dirty. we all know what playing sim ball is and playing dirty is. someone complaining that you caught a TE post corner route on the final drive? that isn't dirty. someone complaining that you used a d-line glitch to get all your sacks? that is dirty. lets keep it clean but understand that sometimes people need to vent.

3. you are expected to be active in the league and in the thread! you also must have AIM for communication. this is even MORE important for our ps3 league considering the fact that it is harder to communicate on the ps3 over 360 (where you can see everyone online and shoot them a quick IM immediately). some people maybe against AIM, but it's for the good of the league!

4. i'm not sure what the schedule will look like at this point. first off i don't know how many people we will have. secondly i don't know how EA is going to handle the scheduling in their online leagues. these are questions that can only be answered once we have the game in hand and see for ourselves how the online system will work.

5. speaking off, for the first time since madden 2005 we have supported online leagues! no more entering your own stats! yes!

6. the league can hold a maximum of 32 people. if we have more than 32 people, the people who have played in past leagues and have been reliable will get into the league. if we have a spot left and everyone who wants in is new member then they will play for that spot.

7. people who have been in the league for a long period are getting their teams. for instance, wellington gets the giants, malley gets the chiefs, rors gets the raiders, DM gets the bucs. that's just the way it is and the way it has to be. for season 13 we can mixup teams, but season 12 will be by the books god dammit!

8. season 13 team selection will be on draft basis. i.e. the person with the worst record will have first pick of teams for season 13.

9. there will be between a 3 and 5 day limit to play each week, i haven't decided yet. we'll put it to a vote or something.

anyhow, post if you are interested. i'm going to post the names that i remember off the top of my head and the team they'll get. if you are a vet and i forgot you im sorry. if you are a vet and i included you but you aren't going to be playing on ps3 just post so i can remove.

1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. wellington - giants
4. lonestar - seachickens
5. matrix - texans
6. mrbob - bears
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. coldblooded - eagles (gunstar don't hate me but i promised cb he could have the eagles due to the fact that he was cheated out of them in season 11 cause of rrod and i was trying to convince him to get a ps3!)
9. rors - raiders
10. miguel - ?
11. wasabi - packers
12. shawn - cowboys
13. luke - colts
14. LJ - bills
15. denogg - jets
16. gunstar - ?
17. livewire - redskins
18. dcx - falcons (you said you were still up in the air i thought!)
19. akaballa - patriots
20. ramirez - steelers (sorry brother!)
21. bluemax - chargers (maybe playing?)
22. GCQuinton - Panthers
23. konex - jaguars
24. lawblob - ?*
25. fifty - ravens
26. sableholic - ?
27. dskillz - cardinals
28. zep - rams
29. bryan - Browns
30. truelize - vikings
31. dammittmatt - bengals
32. gstaff - lions
33. knee - dolphins
34. GQman2121 - titans

* - new player who has never played in a league before!

DCX

DCX
.....wow i don't even get on the initial list?!?! FMT, i thought we were friends.

In with the Falcons.

DCX

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
welp, it's official. madden season 12 will be on ps3.

dv7yw.gif

AkaBalla

Aka = Pats..

This is for Shawn

Screw it im a homer

Edit: BTW has anyone chatted with any of the Single Arabs that GAF is supporting.. So tempting..:lol

DCX

DCX
I have been in the PS3 camp for a while i was never on the fence, Truelize was, but he might be some other team if he decides to join the dark side of gaming. Don't know if he'll be the Falcons on the 360 league.

DCX

Rorschach

Wat!? I meant I wanted the Chargers, not blue! He's a Seachickens fan. He can have the broke-ass Raiders! I'll take the 22 weapon team.

Fifty

DCX said:
.....wow i don't even get on the initial list?!?! FMT, i thought we were friends.

In with the Falcons.

DCX

You thought you were offended?

Anyway, I'm in for sure, though I still don't have a PS3. I'm not gaming that much at the moment, so I'm not taking the PS3 plunge quite yet, but rest assured that I'll have one before the game comes out. There's so much time still remaining. I'm not jumping out of my seat excited quite yet, because I don't trust EA to do online leagues at least as good as LeagueDaddy has been. We've had a tight operation here for what seems like ages and switching to a new console and a new league format will be a big thing.

But yes, put me down, as usual, as the Ravens.

highfive.png

sorry fifty, didn't know if you wanted to play or had a ps3! i would have pestered you eventually ;)

yes! the old gang is going to be together again for another go round!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
You thought you were offended?

Anyway, I'm in for sure, though I still don't have a PS3. I'm not gaming that much at the moment, so I'm not taking the PS3 plunge quite yet, but rest assured that I'll have one before the game comes out. There's so much time still remaining. I'm not jumping out of my seat excited quite yet, because I don't trust EA to do online leagues at least as good as LeagueDaddy has been. We've had a tight operation here for what seems like ages and switching to a new console and a new league format will be a big thing.

But yes, put me down, as usual, as the Ravens.

<3

And pick up Show in August too.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am in. I am completely jumping ship and getting rid of my 360 Elite as soon as I get off my ass and finish GTA4.

So it will be PS3, all-day everyday at the Skillz Compound soon. I really don't care which team I get, but seems the Cardinals are still up for grabs.

I haven't decided if I'm getting a PS3 before Madden comes out, I'll know better after e3(hoping for a price drop). So you can put me down temporarily if you want.

Actually might do that Dell EPP one, since I can get a discount on that.

AkaBalla said:
Aka = Pats..

This is for Shawn

Screw it im a homer

Edit: BTW has anyone chatted with any of the Single Arabs that GAF is supporting.. So tempting..:lol

Haha, I wasn't going to call you a hypocrite publicly for taking the best team in the game! It's all good brotha...

BryanI

If it's cool with everyone, put me down for the Browns. Believeland!!!!!

And I'm especially looking forward to my November match-up against lukems' Colts. Hopefully, he won't pull a Tony Dungy and play it safe.

LukeSmith

BryanI said:
If it's cool with everyone, put me down for the Browns. Believeland!!!!!

And I'm especially looking forward to my November match-up against lukems' Colts. Hopefully, he won't pull a Tony Dungy and play it safe.

158349658_l.jpg

No mercy.

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
Haha, I wasn't going to call you a hypocrite publicly for taking the best team in the game! It's all good brotha...

I'm a homer, what can i do?

Now you werent around when we first had our NBA 2k leagues. I ran with the measley Celts. Erick Strickland running the PG spot..Along with Kenny Anderson..lol

Did i forget my championship with the C's as well? Antoine was MVP!!!...

They never had a good team until this year. 5 years of a horrible Celtics squad. The Lakers havent had a bad team in quite some time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Going to feel wierd to control the Chickens without #37 :/

I don't plan on winning games!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
off topic, but

Metal Gear Solid 4 was THE SHIT

although i still may like MGS3 slightly more.

thats all

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Any room for me in here? Cause I'm in.

I need a team though. :(

Can I have the Vikings? I don't think Slo is getting a PS3 anytime soon.

mj7c40.jpg

Mrbob

Wow Wasabi has come home to roost in my division.

Bring on True in the division as well I will crush them both! :D

Top Bottom