• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. wellington - giants
4. lonestar - seachickens
5. matrix - texans
6. mrbob - bears
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. coldblooded - eagles
9. rors - raiders
10. miguel - ?
11. wasabi - packers
12. shawn - cowboys
13. luke - colts
14. LJ - bills
15. denogg - jets
16. gunstar - ?
17. livewire - redskins
18. dcx - falcons
19. akaballa - patriots
20. ramirez - steelers
21. bluemax - chargers
22. GCQuinton - Panthers
23. ChrisJames - ?
24. lawblob - ?*
25. fifty - ravens
26. sableholic - ?
27. dskillz - cardinals
28. zep - rams
29. bryan - Browns
30. truelize - vikings

Teams left:

Saints
Lions
Dolphins
Bengals
Jags
Titans
Broncos

GQman2121

Banned
My first three choices would have been the Ravens, Bucs or Chargers; but since they've all been taken, I will "step it up" and claim the Titans.

If for some reason the people who have dibbs on any of those teams drop out, then I would like to move into their spot.

AirBrian

GQman2121 said:
My first three choices would have been the Ravens, Bucs or Chargers; but since they've all been taken, I will "step it up" and claim the Titans.

This is all PS3 right? The OP isn't very clear about that.......

"Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!"

Haha, nice stealth edit!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQman2121 said:

If for some reason the people who have dibbs on any of those teams drop out, then I would like to move into their spot.
Well the Ravens guy is a little iffy, so you may be in luck!

GQman2121

Banned
Wellington said:
Well the Ravens guy is a little iffy, so you may be in luck!

BALLLLLIN!!!!! Indeed..........

I just saw Joey Flaco at 7-11 the other night. Kid is fucking huge!!! He is now officially called Joey here in Baltimore too; no more Joe.

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
FMT,

If they are available, I would like to have the Jaguars. As much as I like the Jets, I don't know if I can suffer through another season of weak-sauce offense.

Betraying your true love for the Jags? The Karma Police will undoubtedly arrest you.

Welcome to the AFC South
archie-peyton_manning04sm.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LukeSmith said:
Betraying your true love for the Jags? The Karma Police will undoubtedly arrest you.

Welcome to the AFC South
I am somewhat split on what to do. On the one hand I feel like I should stick with the Jets. On the other, I feel like I should try a different team since the Jets haven't improved. Plus, I want to play you. ;)

You are right. No reason to mess with the Karma Police. I am OK with the Jets for the first season.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This is kinda sad really. I had told several people that I wasn't gonna play Madden this year. And now I can't wait for the game to come out. AND I'm playing it on a different system and actually might be playing on the 360 as well.

Chaos.

Rorschach

Sad that I'm being denied my Chargers. The Raiders only have 1 WR above 72 OVR now. SEVENTY TWO is my #2 and my #1 is slow as fuck. :(

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
I am somewhat split on what to do. On the one hand I feel like I should stick with the Jets. On the other, I feel like I should try a different team since the Jets haven't improved. Plus, I want to play you. ;)

You are right. No reason to mess with the Karma Police. I am OK with the Jets for the first season.

Oh, we will scrim -- here's a sneak peek :)
610x.jpg

Mrbob

Hahaha, Wasabi there is only one weapon on the field I need to defeat you!

Oh and Luke it looks like you aren't getting away from me this year either! I just realized the NFC North plays your division in the regular season, so I will be able to get my vengeance!

Couple of questions: I am a complete newcomer to the concept of playing in a league, is it pretty easy to get the whole concept down?

Also, are all the matches setup on GAF or ingame?

I am pretty good at Madden, not super high level but I have beaten quite a few people online.

If there are any spots left over I will take any team I can, hope to join all of you!

Rorschach

darkressurection said:
Couple of questions: I am a complete newcomer to the concept of playing in a league, is it pretty easy to get the whole concept down?

Also, are all the matches setup on GAF or ingame?
Yeah, it will be easier now that EA will do all the work. Basically, we play the actual NFL schedule, so you'll know who your opponents are gonna be ahead of time. Instead of playing 1 game a week like the NFL, we play one every 3-5 days (in order). All you have to do is schedule your game with your opponent in that time span (we'll have aim, xbl, and the forums) and play your game. The game will automatically download your stats and the score and put them online.

I am pretty good at Madden, not super high level but I have beaten quite a few people online.

If there are any spots left over I will take any team I can, hope to join all of you!
Keep in mind that playing random guys online is not like playing in this league. We have rules on top of the normal rules to prevent cheesing and whatnot. Here's a sample list:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11461865&postcount=510

That said, we have people from various tiers in terms of skill. There's everything from scrubs (like me) to top tier elite.

[edit] Just noticed Slo is banned. :( Why?

Rorschach said:
Yeah, it will be easier now that EA will do all the work. Basically, we play the actual NFL schedule, so you'll know who your opponents are gonna be ahead of time. Instead of playing 1 game a week like the NFL, we play one every 3-5 days (in order). All you have to do is schedule your game with your opponent in that time span (we'll have aim, xbl, and the forums) and play your game. The game will automatically download your stats and the score and put them online.

Keep in mind that playing random guys online is not like playing in this league. We have rules on top of the normal rules to prevent cheesing and whatnot. Here's a sample list:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11461865&postcount=510

That said, we have people from various tiers in terms of skill. There's everything from scrubs (like me) to top tier elite.

[edit] Just noticed Slo is banned. :( Why?
Alright, cool. I am a bit of a scrub myself, also those rules are really well put together although I will have to look up some of those terms so I don't mess up by accident.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Yeah, bottom feeders like me and Rors will be good warmups to a guy like Truelize who won so much he was going to retire from our leagues:

This is kinda sad really. I had told several people that I wasn't gonna play Madden this year. And now I can't wait for the game to come out. AND I'm playing it on a different system and actually might be playing on the 360 as well.

Chaos.

I am actually pretty excited about Madden this year so I am glad that FMT is doing the League on PS3.

Has anyone picked the Titans yet? If not, and no one else wants em I would take em.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
Hahaha, Wasabi there is only one weapon on the field I need to defeat you!

Oh and Luke it looks like you aren't getting away from me this year either! I just realized the NFC North plays your division in the regular season, so I will be able to get my vengeance!

Dude. You're bad. We all know you're bad, everyone who's played you thinks you're bad. Let's not ignore the elephant in the room. You're bad.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Dude. You're bad. We all know you're bad, everyone who's played you thinks you're bad. Let's not ignore the elephant in the room. You're bad.
He once beat me by like 50 points. He's amazing on defense and unstoppable on offense unless you cover the TE, but no one does that really. I am a scrub, but from what I've seen, he's probably the best one here. No one else has clobbered me like that.

Btw- don't play you this season. :''(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
Yeah, bottom feeders like me and Rors will be good warmups to a guy like Truelize who won so much he was going to retire from our leagues:

Practice, practice, practice and one day you too can be as good as me. :D

I was really gonna retire and then in a dream Vick told me I had many great years left in me.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
He once beat me by like 50 points. He's amazing on defense and unstoppable on offense unless you cover the TE, but no one does that really. I am a scrub, but from what I've seen, he's probably the best one here. No one else has clobbered me like that.

I bet we play close to 40-50 games against each other between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m. pacific tho, just like last season.

MEMORIES
ALL ALONE IN THE MOONLIGHT

Mrbob

Play time is over, Luke! Your era of lucky wins against me come to an end!

Rorschach said:

I'm like the Pistons. If I'm motivated to play I can throw down with the best of them. If I'm...distracted, I tend to stumble.

Unless it is a Seahawks game, where I try so damn hard to win them but I come up with almost every conceivable way of losing against them. :x

LukeSmith said:
I bet we play close to 40-50 games against each other between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m. pacific tho, just like last season.

MEMORIES
If I get either of the teams I want, looks like I will be going against you at some point. Should be some good warmup for you.
I am so gonna get destroyed

Fifty

He's got to work a lot harder to get that title from Wellie. Wellie is one of the top players for years and yet he goes into every game talking like he's never played Madden before and he's using the 07-08 Dolphins. His level of commitment to eeyoring is unrivaled.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:

MEMORIES

Good times.

DMczaf said:
Week 17, bitch.

Your trip to Ray Jay will be unpleasant.
Nah. We'll be there pillaging and looting.* We'll show you who the real pir8s are. It'll be the only game I win next season, but it will be just as sweet as an undefeated season.

Denver [?]
at Kansas City [LOSS]
at Buffalo [LOSS]
San Diego [loss]
bye [loss]
at New Orleans [?]
NY Jets [loss]
at Baltimore [LOSS]
Atlanta [loss]
Carolina [?]
at Miami [?]
at Denver [?]
Kansas City [LOSS]
at San Diego [loss]
Houston [loss]
at Tampa Bay [MOTHERFUCKING WIN!]

*no rapin' jokes! McFadden's baby mommas were consensual partners!

Fifty said:
He's got to work a lot harder to get that title from Wellie. Wellie is one of the top players for years and yet he goes into every game talking like he's never played Madden before and he's using the 07-08 Dolphins. His level of commitment to eeyoring is unrivaled.
I think Wellington is just making fun of us. It's his way of reminding us how superior he is. :( He's one of the best players and he's using the SB champs for Pete's sake! Maybe another stab at an undefeated season and I won't be there to stop him this time. :(

Mrbob said:
Do we have the new eyeore?

Sorry Wellington/Rors, you lose the crown!
Nah trust me, I really am not that great at Madden. I am expecting to only get maybe a couple of wins. Like I said, I have really only played random people online so anything above that level of play is new to me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I've decided not to do that anymore. I don't want to insult anyone, is what it comes down to.

centracore

I'm new to the GAF Madden league and am very interested but I can't see anywhere what version of Madden this is for? 2009? I have read the entire topic up to this point and wasn't able to find that.

Fifty

centracore said:
I'm new to the GAF Madden league and am very interested but I can't see anywhere what version of Madden this is for? 2009? I have read the entire topic up to this point and wasn't able to find that.

78_8.JPG

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
centracore said:

Wow. I don't know what to say.

Check the thread title maybe. :D

Rorschach

centracore said:
In case you missed the title, you could also read the OP.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
welp, it's official. madden season 12 will be on ps3. what does this mean? The following:

1. you will need a ps3 to participate

here are some other items you will need to... "know"... about:
I didn't quote the whole post, but I suggest you read it and the new guys too. Also, read my post above giving a sample of the "sim" rules. These rules may or may not be brought over, but they give you an idea on what to expect.

[edit] I didn't intend on sounding rude, but come on! :p

Thanks for including me in the OP FMT, but I don't think I'm going to be able to be in the league right now. Maybe for season 13...

centracore

Rorschach said:
In case you missed the title, you could also read the OP.

I didn't quote the whole post, but I suggest you read it and the new guys too. Also, read my post above giving a sample of the "sim" rules. These rules may or may not be brought over, but they give you an idea on what to expect.

[edit] I didn't intend on sounding rude, but come on! :p

I read the title, the op and the entire thread, all it reveals is that this is the 12th GAF Madden league and it will be on PS3 this time around. No where in the entire thread does it state Madden 2008 or Madden 2009 so I don't know where you're seeing that.

Rorschach

centracore said:
I read the title, the op and the entire thread, all it reveals is that this is the 12th GAF Madden league and it will be on PS3 this time around. No where in the entire thread does it state Madden 2008 or Madden 2009 so I don't know where you're seeing that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
centracore said:

Ah dang man. I never even thought that you meant which year.

gstaff

I'm like the Pistons. If I'm motivated to play I can throw down with the best of them. If I'm...distracted, I tend to stumble.

Man, I'm trying to get over that still. Didn't think I'd have to think about that in a Madden online thread.

BTW, check this out...

Wellington said:
Teams remaining are:

Saints
Lions
Dolphins
Bengals
Titans
Broncos

Not a bad pick if you ask me.

But the Broncos won't be the same without money Rice and J.Walker...

It's a three-way tie between the Saints, Bengals, and Broncos pending the ratings since I don't really have a tie to any of the teams...

Top Bottom