• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Don't take offense. He's just joshin'. If that's your style, then that's your style. Like DM shouldn't get offended at "DM ball" it's all just ribbing in good fun.

Here are the top blitzers since I started getting the stats:

Wellster 21
Gunstar 15
FMT 15
Miguel 11

If I were the Saints, I'd blitz more too since they have such a weak D against the run. Don't blame Wellington either -- that's how his team plays IRL.
I'm not trying to defend myself, but I do a lot of zone blitzing. So I'm rushing only 4 a lot of times but the game calls it a blitz. I am sure many of you have seen Tuck covering the flats or TEs in our games. ;)

I'm trying new things defensively now ever since you shattered my reality, Rors. That was the worst performance against the pass EVER for me.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I'm not trying to defend myself, but I do a lot of zone blitzing. So I'm rushing only 4 a lot of times but the game calls it a blitz. I am sure many of you have seen Tuck covering the flats or TEs in our games. ;)

I'm trying new things defensively now ever since you shattered my reality, Rors. That was the worst performance against the pass EVER for me.

From Wikipedia:

"There is some confusion among average fans as to what constitutes a blitz. Blitz is colloquially used to describe any time a linebacker or defensive back crosses the line of scrimmage when in actuality, a blitz is defined as the defense rushing the quarterback with more men than the offense has accounted for and can block. For example, when the defense rushes 5 men against the offense's 5 blockers, the defensive attack is not a blitz. For the defensive scheme to be a blitz in this instance, the defense would have to rush 6 to the offense's 5."

Also: "Don Ettinger, a linebacker for the New York Giants, invented the blitz during his brief NFL career (1948 – 1950). Larry Wilson, free safety for the St. Louis Cardinals from 1960 to 1972, pioneered and perfected the safety blitz, a play originally code-named "Wildcat." Defensive coordinator Chuck Drulis is widely credited with inventing the safety blitz."

As for you Wellington, you should be banned from blitzing because you have more than enough pass rush from 4 guys. :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I find that this year's Madden is more balanced as far as defense and offense. I have yet to come across a "glitch" like line-spreading that leads to an unresolvable outcome.

bluemax

Banned
The game tells me I blitz a lot but it counts pretty much anything where you send an extra man as a blitz I think. I have a lot of plays that are "blitzes" where one of my line backers (running 3-4) rushes in addition to my 3 linemen. This isn't really that much of a blitz though.

Ramirez

bluemax said:
The game tells me I blitz a lot but it counts pretty much anything where you send an extra man as a blitz I think. I have a lot of plays that are "blitzes" where one of my line backers (running 3-4) rushes in addition to my 3 linemen. This isn't really that much of a blitz though.

Same. Although I was blitzing DM pretty hard the other day, I had much more defensive success than I had in other games where people just picked me apart marching down the field. :lol

Rorschach

Wellington said:

Nothing can rattle JRuss! He's stone cold!

DenogginizerOS said:
I find that this year's Madden is more balanced as far as defense and offense. I have yet to come across a "glitch" like line-spreading that leads to an unresolvable outcome.
Like I said before, line spreading is still a problem even with line adjustments. It should be banned yet again.

Somnia

Well I should have a copy of Madden on ps3 in the next day or two if anyone wants to throw me a friend invite...PSN=Somnia

Long story short my 360 RROD so getting it on PS3 now.

Rorschach

Somnia said:
Well I should have a copy of Madden on ps3 in the next day or two if anyone wants to throw me a friend invite...PSN=Somnia

Long story short my 360 RROD so getting it on PS3 now.
That sucks, but is expected. I heard there are a lot of DRE issues too.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
Can you elaborate on this? What precisely is the problem?
When spreading the line, the offensive line loses track of assignments. I've tried adjusting the oline, but that doesn't work. I've tried max protect and even that doesn't work. Often times, one guy will slip in untouched. If it's a human player, there's really no escape. If the dline is doing stunts or the DEs are looping, it just amplifies the problem.

Shifting the dline to either side and pinching seem fine.

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe i should use linespreading against you rors, cause you have all the time in the world to throw against me!

Word, he always finds a way to slip through or move out of the pocket. Slippery Rors.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe i should use linespreading against you rors, cause you have all the time in the world to throw against me!
You sacked me 4 times in one game. :(

LJ11 said:
Word, he always finds a way to slip through or move out of the pocket. Slippery Rors.
It becomes a sixth sense after playing with no OLine and immobile QBs for so long. I finally understand what Kerry Collins was trying to teach me!

You sacked me 4 times in one game. :(

and i think 3 of them came off coverage sacks where you had 3204892340278934 seconds to throw but nothing was there. the other one i THINK was p-will on a blitz that got in quickly, but i can't recal who it was!

still better than ncaa's superman offensive line!

DenogginizerOS

Who here has changed their camera from the default "action" camera to "classic" and played a game online? Vumpler says someone at Operation Sports claims that if two people have different camera settings, the game disconnects. I haven't been able to find this on OS but I know I have had disconnects with Wellington and LJ.

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 said:
Classic all the way, can't stand the action camera.
That is interesting. If Wellie has switched to classic, we may be on to something. I am using the default action cam.

Liverwire, did you change to Classic?

LJ11

I can't play well with the Action camera, but if using one type eliminates this glitch I'm all for it. I'll get used to it.

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 said:
I can't play well with the Action camera, but if using one type eliminates this glitch I'm all for it. I'll get used to it.

If more people use the Classis camera and if all of us using it takes away the disconnect problem, I will use Classic.

Mrbob

If we are voting for a cam to use for the league, I would prefer the action cam.

Classic cam lets people drop back 20 yards and throw completions. Action cam does not.

DenogginizerOS

Mrbob said:
If we are voting for a cam to use for the league, I would prefer the action cam.

Classic cam lets people drop back 20 yards and throw completions. Action cam does not.
In that case, I vote action.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I vote for the default action cam and have been using it every game I play.

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
That is interesting. If Wellie has switched to classic, we may be on to something. I am using the default action cam.

Liverwire, did you change to Classic?

I haven't changed any cam settings that I know of...I dislike whatever camera they use when I'm on defense, as I have to hit X to get to the basic defense view so I can set my defensive audibles, and sometimes that takes a second or two longer to register, which in hurry-up offense is very tough to get done.

DenogginizerOS

LiveWire said:
I haven't changed any cam settings that I know of...I dislike whatever camera they use when I'm on defense, as I have to hit X to get to the basic defense view so I can set my defensive audibles, and sometimes that takes a second or two longer to register, which in hurry-up offense is very tough to get done.
Interesting. If Wellington changed his to Classic after initially having it on "Action" for the first couple of days we were playing, it sounds like the camera conflict may very well be causing the FG disconnect problem.

Perhaps later tonight we can test this.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
It doesn't. I've played people with both and it doesn't make a bit of difference. Actually, my disconnects have been with people that share the same camera.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
It doesn't. I've played people with both and it doesn't make a bit of difference. Actually, my disconnects have been with people that share the same camera.

Well poop on a stick.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Rorschach said:
Are you positive of what that user is using when it disconnects? Ando and I are able to get it to disconnect everytime and then work everytime when we have the same action camera

Edit: Are you already polling people of what camera everyone is using before this potential fix was brought up?

If you're still disconnecting are they the regular disconnects where one user has the option of "play against the cpu etc" or the ones where it just says "your connection to your opponent has been lost." Were you even kicking an extra point or FG to tie / take the lead?

Try it then post, i'm interested.

Rorschach

vumpler said:
Are you positive of what that user is using when it disconnects? Ando and I are able to get it to disconnect everytime and then work everytime when we have the same action camera.
Yes because I've discussed camera and the "shaky cam" for the hits. I know what camera DM, MiG, Matrix, and LJ use. There is no way you're getting it to work every time because that would mean that everyone with a different cam would get disconnected 100% of the time.

example: MiG and I use different cams and have 0 disconnections including late fg attempts (the one game he won was on a last second fg >:|). LJ and I have the same camera and we have gotten disconnected in the OT and late in the 4th. DM and I have different cams, but no disconnects.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:
Interesting. If Wellington changed his to Classic after initially having it on "Action" for the first couple of days we were playing, it sounds like the camera conflict may very well be causing the FG disconnect problem.

Perhaps later tonight we can test this.
Hate to feed the fire, but I did switch.

Rorschach

If someone wants to test the two "hot" theories going around (the cam theory and the ST defense theory) with 1 min quarters, I'd be willing to do it later. I'll be around from 630 EST on.

vumpler

Wellington said:
Hate to feed the fire, but I did switch.
:lol

The odds are 1/1900000 that it is coincidence that out of the 19 trials we just happen to have the expected result to occur based on this theory.

If this doesn't work for everyone else then PEACE I'm headed to Vegas for the weekend!

Rorschach said:
There is no way you're getting it to work every time because that would mean that everyone with a different cam would get disconnected 100% of the time.
Yep it sure would. Everytime they are going for a game winning or game tying kick within the last minute of the game for certain. You're on top of it!

How far outside of a minute that this camera gets activated in the action cam I do not have the answer to.

Rorschach

vumpler said:
:lol

The odds are 1/1900000 that it is coincidence that out of the 19 trials we just happen to have the expected result to occur based on this theory.

If this doesn't work for everyone else then PEACE I'm headed to Vegas for the weekend!

Yep it sure would. Everytime they are going for a game winning or game tying kick within the last minute of the game for certain. You're on top of it!

How far outside of a minute that this camera gets activated in the action cam I do not have the answer to.
While I don't believe that different cameras are 100% disconnected (since I've had last second FGs with someone with a different cam), the one thing you guys didn't test is classic on classic which could be why I've had disconnects with people with the same camera. You guys also didn't test the special teams defense theory.

I'd like to test both because that would mean that voting for a camera would be moot since action would be the only one that would work 100%.

LJ11

Shawn and I played the other night, and I kicked a late FG to put me ahead, no D/C. As stated, I use Classic. So if Shawn was using the Action Cam game would've D/C under this theory, only it didn't. It also throws out the classic on classic, because we've had D/C in that situation as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
Shawn and I played the other night, and I kicked a late FG to put me ahead, no D/C. As stated, I use Classic. So if Shawn was using the Action Cam game would've D/C under this theory, only it didn't. It also throws out the classic on classic, because we've had D/C in that situation as well.
Shawn uses classic. In fact he was the one that recommended me to use classic.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I got disconnected with you and we use the same cam. I haven't gotten disconnected with MiG/DM and we use different cams. Like I said, it can't possibly be 100%, but if it lowers the chances, it's worth testing. I'd like to test the ST defense thing too. :\

vumpler

Rorschach said:
People say if you don't choose "FG defense" it won't d/c. So, you use some random defense like dime/3-4/etc. Not like PATs or FGs are blockable anyway :(
Could be different on PS3 . All the OS guys are treesity as well I believe.

LukeSmith

ESPN Betrayalton
fmthero571.jpg

such a waste of a draft pick :(

Top Bottom