• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Shadax

Banned
Maverick said:
BIG BEN SAYS "PH3AR TEH HIT STICK"

To respond Maverick, I'll take a modified letter:

A: Fucking bullshit dude! Howcome my guys can't handle Ramsey's heat when wide open with both feet planted, but his NINJA LINEBACKERS bippity-bippoty INT the same heat on their tippity-toes? Fuck that.

along with a side of:

E: How come I fumble when I get hit sticked, but when I use it nothing happens? GROWL! Smoot makes a play without a hit stick hit and forces a fumble, then picks it up with only Big Ben in his way. Big Ben, of course (?), flattens him like a pancake and forces another fumble! RICOCKULOUS!!!111!11!

and finally for dessert:

F: FUCK YOU ALL! BULLSHIT VICTORY I QUIT THIS LEAGUE I HATE YOU! >:|

Ramirez

Heh,you think you have it bad...just take a look at mine and DM's stats and ask yourself how he was even in the ball game ;) :p

I hope my stats report...I ran 90+ plays :lol :lol I had one drive that was like 19 plays for 90 yards,heh...and I still barely won in OT :| Such is the life of a Bungal.

Mrbob

Ramirez said:
Heh,you think you have it bad...just take a look at mine and DM's stats and ask yourself how he was even in the ball game ;) :p

I hope my stats report...I ran 90+ plays :lol :lol I had one drive that was like 19 plays for 90 yards,heh...and I still barely won in OT :| Such is the life of a Bungal.

WTF. You ran 90 plays?!?! What happened to that vaunted Bucs D?! :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Notice to all the new members of the league. We do not run up the score up each other.

Calling a timeout with a second left so you can kick a field goal when you are up 11 is being an ass.
There are a lot of people in this league that are not very good at this game and have no problem with taking their losses. Don't be a dick about it.

How come when I use the Falcons they don't do all the stuff they were doing for Ram??

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol As of now the Bucs are actually behind the Texans...wish it could last.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ugh Sorry! First game in the league, I wasn't in last years! I'll know next time to not score!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
ugh Sorry! First game in the league, I wasn't in last years! I'll know next time to not score!

It's all good. You played really well. gg man. Alexander is a tank. And what was with the old man (Rice) catching those balls? Shouldn't he be dead by now? :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
he was chugging on Radioactive Youth Formula on the side!

Oh, and do we need to send email stats from these games to FMT?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
:lol As of now the Bucs are actually behind the Texans...wish it could last.

Only you and I can appreciate the beauty of this! :lol! :lol!

Guys, please hit end game and exit out to the lobby in order for your stats to record. I would have liked to see how in the fuck DM kept up with 90 fucking plays on offense.

Ramirez

Stats didn't record?! :( I exited to the lobby...

I'll tell you how he kept up,I fumbled on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half,TD for him.Joey Galloway had 2 70 yard TD receptions off of PA,he had like 6 total yards rushing but Torry James bit like he had 600.Other TO's came from the insanely overrated Bucs pass rush on this game,I can't count how many times I see my linemen just get flat run over leaving Carson a sitting duck,he fumbled about 3-4 times while in the act of throwing,ridiculous.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Stats didn't record?! :( I exited to the lobby...

I'll tell you how he kept up,I fumbled on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half,TD for him.Joey Galloway had 2 70 yard TD receptions off of PA,he had like 6 total yards rushing but Torry James bit like he had 600.Other TO's came from the insanely overrated Bucs pass rush on this game,I can't count how many times I see my linemen just get flat run over leaving Carson a sitting duck,he fumbled about 3-4 times while in the act of throwing,ridiculous.

Welcome to my life against DM. :| Maybe Tiburon forgot that they got rid of Sapp?

Ramirez

Yea,thats what Im talking about when I complain about the line shifts in this game.My linemen get flat knocked the fuck out,there is no stepping up into the pocket when your pocket is laying on their backs :lol

damn i must have some incredible luck or good fortune, because i see people complain about the following:

1. Bucs ridiculous D
2. Michael Strahan being unstoppable
3. Atlanta falcons defense being cheap
4. Unable to run on gunstar

and i haven't seen any of it. the only complaining that i can agree with is the double outside posts. one more lucky step in the superbowl and i seal up back to back championships ladies!

count it!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn i must have some incredible luck or good fortune, because i see people complain about the following:

1. Bucs ridiculous D
2. Michael Strahan being unstoppable
3. Atlanta falcons defense being cheap
4. Unable to run on gunstar

and i haven't seen any of it. the only complaining that i can agree with is the double outside posts. one more lucky step in the superbowl and i seal up back to back championships ladies!

count it!

To be fair (to me) the rest of that entire line is horrible. I can only really get pressure from that one guy. But at the same time, I'm good with Kelsay as the Bills at stopping the run and creating pressure (when he doesn't get knocked down, argh).

I wasn't able to run on Gunstar, and it's not like I didn't try. 28 carries for 18 yards. You read what I just wrote? 28 carries for 18 yards.

Bucs rush D is tougher than it should be, and Simeon Rice is rocockulous for DM not even controlling him. At least I cause all the pressure myself with Strahan.

Bog

Junior Ace
Sweet, my cable modem died for about 3 minutes. What a way to start the season! Yeah!

hgplayer1

hey Bog if we can still play this game I pretty much have all night free tonight. I havent checked since last night but maybe it will still let us play? it told me I was getting the win because you disconnected but then i went back to the lobby and it still showed you as my next opponent AND it still showed you online playing against the CPU. when I realized I didnt know how long it might take you to get back online I had to run and get some last minute things done. Ill check and see what it shows in our league lobby when I get home from work and if it looks like we can try again Ill post a time.

Fifty

Bobby, six minutes late and counting ;p

I can only delay the game about 20 minutes past our set time, since I'm heading out tonight for dinner at around 6:30. I hope you're on your way, and I'll see you soon. You know the deal.

bog and HG: if you are both up for it, please replay the game in exhibition. the settings will be as follows:

non ranked game, 6 min quarters, all-pro, fair play on, fatigue on, injuries on

you can cut the game down to 5 mins per quarter or whatever you want. then, just report back to this thread with the winner. if it is HG, i will keep the winner the same (as he got the win). if bog wins, i will reverse the win. we won't get the stats, but at least we can get the winner right. thanks guys

the way i will handle disconnects is as follows (i will update the top post as well):

if you or your opponent disconnects, you can do one of the following:

1. you both say "fuck it", and let the disconnector take the loss

2. you both want to replay the game. you can replay a full game, or you can replay in exhibition with the same settings as league. you can adjust the time limit to however much was left (say there was a total of 12 minutes left in the game, you can play 4 minute quarters). lets say one team was up 28-0 with 12 mins left in the game, you can play exhibition 4 min quarters, and if the team that was up 28-0 loses 27-0 in the new 4 min game, the 28-0 guy wins 28-27. get it?

3. if one team wants to replay and the other doesn't (please dont bring it to this dudes), then i will make an executive decision on whether the replay should occur. if someone is being a REAL dick about it, and just refuses to replay and there was clearly a shot for the other team to win, i will decide to flip a coin. i understand not wanting to replay a game you're winning in by 30 and the other guy disconnects. but if you are winning by 1 point with 30 seconds left and the other guy is in fg range and disconnects, be cool about it dudes. replay a 1 min quarter or whatver you feel you should and may the best man win. i doubt this scenario will play out much, but keep it in mind.

thanks dudes

hgplayer1

I guess Im up for playing the game in exhibition if Bog is. I should be on your list Bog so if you see me on send me an invite and we'll get it done.

I can play tonight, hg. Just let me know either on here or on AIM (QuarterDimer).

what time?

Fifty

I beat bob. 27-24. We got a disconnection right as I was about to kneel down for the win and he dropped a pass. I'll take his word that he didn't quit, but it was the weirdest coincidence I've ever seen.

Mrbob

Yeah dude gg I really don't know what happened at the end. It told me you disconnected according to the game. Perhaps EA server had a meltdown I dunno? With all my turnovers I should have been down 20 that game but somehow I kept clinging on and had a chance.

Until stupid Gates drops an open pass. :(

And Heap kills me. Getting burned in deep double covered passes all game. Man the chargers secondary/linebacking core sucks.

Mrbob

Hah. I just checked the webpage and it gave us a tie. If I would have quit it would have given me a loss. You owe me an apology for jumping the gun and cussing me out in AIM for no reason. :p

It kept our stats too except for the final score.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
And Heap kills me. Getting burned in deep double covered passes all game. Man the chargers secondary/linebacking core sucks.

I told you! Luckily my TEs aren't any good. But you have to deal with Moulds. :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mrbob said:
Hah. I just checked the webpage and it gave us a tie. If I would have quit it would have given me a loss. You owe me an apology for jumping the gun and cussing me out in AIM for no reason. :p

It kept our stats too except for the final score.

Guys don't jump to conclusions. This is still network-based and shit happens. If you think that EA Online is perfect, I got some beachfront property in Iowa to sell you.

Bog

Junior Ace
Fifty said:
I beat bob. 27-24. We got a disconnection right as I was about to kneel down for the win and he dropped a pass. I'll take his word that he didn't quit, but it was the weirdest coincidence I've ever seen.

Same thing happened to me in a tourney game earlier this year. I got killed, and in the final minute, I got disconnected. Nothing was wrong with my connection, and I didn't quit. EA just decided it was my time, I guess.

Edit: By the way, hg smoked me in the re-play, so no need to change anything.

Shadax

Banned
Truelize, I'm free anytime tonight (between bouts of WoW). I'd like to get the game done as early as possible so I can continue my WoW addiction unimpeded, but let me know when you're free. I'm free from 6:30PM onward.

Ramirez

Rors,can you play today?I'll be around after 3 EST onward...Im not sure if we're on each others friends list or not...

Mrbob

Dskillz I think we already know Madden league online is a major work in progress. :p

I'm not sure why you quoted me. All I mentioned is that I didn't quit the game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shadax said:
Truelize, I'm free anytime tonight (between bouts of WoW). I'd like to get the game done as early as possible so I can continue my WoW addiction unimpeded, but let me know when you're free. I'm free from 6:30PM onward.

Is that 6:30 est? I will do my best to be here for 7:00 est. If I'm not here right then I will be shortly after. I'll send you an IM when I get home.

Slo

Mrbob said:
Dskillz I think we already know Madden league online is a major work in progress. :p

I'm not sure why you quoted me. All I mentioned is that I didn't quit the game.

I think he was sticking up for you.

Shadax

Banned
Truelize: Yea, EST. 7 is fine, just IM me. Tonight, Vick gets injured for the season! Arrington hasn't eaten all week and it's dinnertime!

Fifty

I've played countless games of madden. Never have I suffered a more painful loss. FMT, you know I was going to win that. I was driving down the field, down by one. I go in 3 wide, my reciever is open. He extends his arms. He touches the ball. It tips to the safety. GAME OVER.

I still can't believe it. It's the fucking worst thing that has ever happened. I'm glad today isn't a friday, because it would have ruined my weekend. It still might. What a pile of shit "win". I'm not going to talk about that holding call, because bob got unlucky with one of those in our game. But the final play.....WHAT COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT. I made some bad plays, missing a hit stick hit and allowing kbar an easy 77 yards, rather than about 10. That was my fault. THIS, this was COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Come the fuck on. I know my WRs aren't great, but at least drop the ball, don't tip it to them you fucking dirty cunt lickers. I hope my recievers get AIDS sucking off Billick's nephew in the corner of a dirty warehouse. FMT has the lead in our division because one of my recievers was paid off by the Postons. I can't believe it. I won't believe it. Madden can suck my dick.

Top Bottom