• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

methodman said:
if anyones playing right now, add me and tell on here or something:
Method

Added you Method, going to sleep right now though, I'll catch you guys at a later time.

MainEvent:

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
35-24 I'm getting better thanks Duderz for letting me know how awesome yoshi is :lol

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I haven't gotten online yet. What I'm wondering is...when you add someone as a friend and they add you back...does that mean you can dirrectly communicate? Durring gameplay...through the mic???

Error

DrGAKMAN said:
I haven't gotten online yet. What I'm wondering is...when you add someone as a friend and they add you back...does that mean you can dirrectly communicate? Durring gameplay...through the mic???
lol yeah keep dreaming. nop there is not chat whatsoever in the game, a pity really :(

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Error2k4 said:
lol yeah keep dreaming. nop there is not chat whatsoever in the game, a pity really :(

Then what's so amazing about...um...playing against a friend? I mean, I guess it's cool to compete against someone you "know"...but, maybe I'm missing the point?

DrGAKMAN

Banned
http://www.nintendowifi.com/custome...crosoft&router=/routers/en/MN-700/MN-700.html

http://www.nintendowifi.com/custome...n&router=/routers/en/F5D7230-4/F5D7230-4.html

Those are 2 routers I found at my local Meijer. The Belkin one has a 5 star rating...and the MS one (MN-700) isn't listed on the compatibility page, but the MS-500 also has a 5 star rating. Both are pretty cheap and way better than getting WinXP (I prefer Win98SE) or a new computer. I'm just wondering what the different things on the right hand side of the page mean (broadcasting???) and which router would be best? Anyone wanna help me?

Cush

http://www.nintendowifi.com/custome...0/MN-700.html

http://www.nintendowifi.com/custome...FF5D7230-4.html

Those are 2 routers I found at my local Meijer. The Belkin one has a 5 star rating...and the MS one (MN-700) isn't listed on the compatibility page, but the MS-500 also has a 5 star rating. Both are pretty cheap and way better than getting WinXP (I prefer Win98SE) or a new computer. I'm just wondering what the different things on the right hand side of the page mean (broadcasting???) and which router would be best? Anyone wanna help me?

I have the Belkin...took me about 2 minutes to set up and it's worked flawlessly for me. My brother also has it...took him a little more fiddling though...

Duderz

Banned
Try being right next to your router, and, if you can, switch off your computer/anything that's using your router.

That helps me, at least, method.

Edit: And that was one heck of a comeback in Cheep Chhep Beach, method. I said, "Wow!"

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Duderz said:
Try being right next to your router, and, if you can, switch off your computer/anything that's using your router.

Wait...so you don't have to have your computer on to use it?

Another question...let's say this WiFi router works with NDS, does that pretty much mean I'm Revolution online ready too?

Duderz

Banned
GAKMAN, I have two computer running on the same wireless router. If at least one of them is turned off, I have a better connection w/ my DS. I'd imagine it work also if both are turned off.

Can someone verify this, though?

Error

Akia said:
Great match Error!

you know i let you win right?
don't do that :p

gotta admit you sometimes get extremely lucky I mean two red shells in a row? triple mushrooms at the end of the race? :p

SpiffyG

Duderz said:
Argh SPIFFY, I KNEW you'd choose Rainbow Road... :p

Method, was that me that disconnected?
Ah, yes. And I was considering choosing it the other three times as well. :lol

But alas, I thought that would be unfair. :p

So I've skimmed the dozens of other pages, but not yet seen this brought up.

Does the game so friendly as to not have a message specifically for "You're too damn laggy to play properly!" With a laggy satellite connection I wasn't anticipating this game working reasonably online, but I had to at least give it a try. My five-ish attempts thus far end up with me and one or two other random people, we pick our karts and track, it brings us to the track, and... then it gives me the "Your opponent has disconnected. Press the A Button to return tot he match-settings screen." message.

Like I said, I wasn't expecting much from Mario Kart, I'm just praying Animal Crossing will be a bit friendlier... hopefully if Mario Kart menu selections work fine, the simple actions in Animal Crossing will work. Otherwise online-enabling this game will have made it less online for me with the removal of the password trading.

maynerd

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
So I've skimmed the dozens of other pages, but not yet seen this brought up.

Does the game so friendly as to not have a message specifically for "You're too damn laggy to play properly!" With a laggy satellite connection I wasn't anticipating this game working reasonably online, but I had to at least give it a try. My five-ish attempts thus far end up with me and one or two other random people, we pick our karts and track, it brings us to the track, and... then it gives me the "Your opponent has disconnected. Press the A Button to return tot he match-settings screen." message.

Like I said, I wasn't expecting much from Mario Kart, I'm just praying Animal Crossing will be a bit friendlier... hopefully if Mario Kart menu selections work fine, the simple actions in Animal Crossing will work. Otherwise online-enabling this game will have made it less online for me with the removal of the password trading.

I've never been disconnected and I haven't seen lag ever. I've probably played 20+ rounds online.

Top Bottom