• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Duderz

Banned
I've been disconnected several times, but I find that the closer I am to my router (i.e. in the same room) the better response I get.

Akia

great match ironclad and VOOK. it was close i didn't know you were really that good ironclad. dang it was tense up to the last moment. I have a question: WHY IS EVERYONE LUIGI!!!

Ironclad

Damn, good match Akia, Vook. You tied it up, Akia. Victory for both of us. We're neck and neck it seems. I've beaten you once, and you've beaten me once. Other than that, it's all been ties.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ironclad_Ninja said:
Damn, good match Akia, Vook. You tied it up, Akia. Victory for both of us. We're neck and neck it seems. I've beaten you once, and you've beaten me once. Other than that, it's all been ties.
I'm I think 1-8 against Akia

and of those 1 have been fair the others he gets lucky :lol :p

Deku said:
Where do you live???
Several miles outside of Roann, Indiana. I'm linking merely because I'm amazed someone actually added it to Wikipedia.

maynerd said:
I've never been disconnected and I haven't seen lag ever. I've probably played 20+ rounds online.
With a satellite connection, my signal is first beamed to a satellite, then back down to the Direcway network operations center where it transmits/receives information using regular land lines, then the information is sent back to the satellite and then back to me. The speed of light becomes an issue.

Further tested, though, and indeed the same thing happens each time. At least it's not assigning any wins or losses based on this.

Ironclad

Lets go, Error, Kai.

I still need to figure out how to get a good emblem. My Triforce looks terrible. :(

Any tips? You guys have brilliant emblems.

kiryogi

Banned
Akia said:
great match ironclad and VOOK. it was close i didn't know you were really that good ironclad. dang it was tense up to the last moment. I have a question: WHY IS EVERYONE LUIGI!!!

I swear everyones either Mario/Luigi or Dry Bones. I think I'm the only Peach around!

Matlock

Banned
Great matches, everyone, but I hit a slump tonight...bah.

kiryogi said:
As proven to Matlock. Peach > Daisy :D

And is Akia that good? I had fun with him the other night with all these ties. XD

We'll have a rematch, you bastard, and I'll use something that isn't Donkey Kong's kart. :p

kiryogi said:
I swear everyones either Mario/Luigi or Dry Bones. I think I'm the only Peach around!

no no

Yoshi / Luigi / Mario

those are the main 3 i always see..

the only person who uses dry bones i think is akia.. and dry bones is the slowest mofo ever =[

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ok. Who's playing right now? My friendlist is all out of whack -- if you're playing, let me know so I can add you.

266347 466070

Ironclad

Dayton, I added you earlier. You just need to enter in my code and we can play. It's on demi's list.

Edit: Wow, I am getting destroyed by two yoshi's. Luigi, you have got to go.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ironclad_Ninja said:
Dayton, I added you earlier. You just need to enter in my code and we can play. It's on demi's list.

Edit: Wow, I am getting destroyed by two yoshi's. Luigi, you have got to go.

Ok. I added you... searching...

Ok. This is weird.. WFC for friends goes on and on and on, then switched to "may find less than four", goes on and on, then suddenly disconnects. It worked fine all the rest of today...

Well, I'm busy searching for you fellows.

kiryogi

Banned
Ksing, good show! And Bobby! OMFG, that first race or two were hardcore awesome. Head to head, neck to neck action! A much better Daisy then Matlock was, but as it stands.. Peach still is superior! XD

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i havent once been able to get a friends match going - well i did ONCE but smiles&cries dropped out :( has anyone added me to their list? this may be why :p i've added about 30 people!

demi

Yeah, since MKDS only supports 60 friends and the GA list is way past 60, it's safe to assume some people aren't gonna have the other person

Seems really bothersome, so I think it's best to add those users who are more active in this thread

Oh well, can't wait for my dongle

Still playing single player... :(

http://frostitution.net/wifi/mariokart/

cvxfreak

Maybe this is Nintendo's way of getting people to buy two copies, so you can have 120 friends! :lol

Anyone know if having Super Circuit in the GBA slot unlocks anything?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
ok - i have the blue icon blinking that one of my 'friends' is searching for amtch, and im searching for a friends match, yet it never matches us up :( then the icon disappears!

dear nintendo...

kiryogi said:
Head to head, neck to neck action! A much better Daisy then Matlock was, but as it stands.. Peach still is superior! XD

I demand a rematch!! Those first two races were great, but I thought it was funny how each of us won the race that we shouldn't have. You were dominating the first one until I cheaply took you out at the end with a blue shell, and you did the same to me at the end of the next race!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Played til the battery died :lol this is way too much fun! I haven't even touched the single player yet...

Added:
Duderz
Daviddayton
Polg
Borghe
advance
Dracos
Deku
Yanhero
PkFury
Ironclad
Darren
MrCheez
Kirogi
Pseudo

My code:

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Do you think the word of mouth will be huge around this game?
I'm wondering after seeing how insane this thread has become O_O

demi

It's only huge because we're too busy either whining about not connecting, whining about disconnecting, showcasing our friend codes, showing who needs to add who and who added what

The list goes on

kiryogi

Banned
Woo, Bobby/Bunz, thanks for the great matches tonight! Man that bomb in the beginning of Rainbow Road really gave you a good lead. But there's a lot more to be said in all the matches we played thus far :D Anywho, I'm done for the night. Thanks again!

Top Bottom