• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Strikers Charged League: North America Edition

Milabrega

CrookedRain said:
It's actually a little annoying having a good record or being ranked high. :lol
There's a handicap going on but I'm not sure if it's related to how many wins you have or your rank. I just know I'm getting a little tired of my opponent getting a chain chomp or his special item as his first item in about 70% of my games and many of them continue to receive them continuously after that. Basically, I'm hearing the crowd chant for the other player for most of the game. The worst is probably playing against Diddy Kong in Crystal Canyon because I end up having only one player on the field. Also, a lot of people disconnect after they see my rank or at the very end of the first game. AI might also be affected but I can't say for sure.

If it becomes a real hassle you can always make and use a different Mii. I've come to believe Diddy Kong gets his special 3 times more often than any other captain no factual basis just something I see more often. Then again I face Diddy Kong just about every match and it may just be blurring together.

Thanks guys. Really though, it's not much to be proud of. I just had too much time on my hands. :lol

I doubt I'll be able to keep it up because I probably won't have time to play tomorrow.

Magicked

We shouldn't really need prizes for people to play, but if it will help, why not? :D

I'm just not sure of what can be arranged...

I don't like the idea of starting over very much. Here's a suggestion:

We keep all the games scheduled, but we give a set amount of time to finish all of them (1 month?). The games wouldn't have to be played in order or anything. Games already played wouldn't need to be played again. Before doing so, we kick out anyone who has not played any game yet and reorganize the games of active players who were supposed to play against a kicked out player.

Also, I don't care if we have a prize to goal for. I mean, I play every week as planned because I want to play and have a league and compete. I don't even expect to necessarily make it to the playoffs but I play.

Milabrega

Members Still Active in the League Thread and or atleast played a game since schedual was made:

1.Magicked

2.Meta-Knight

3.Thespis721

4.Widgetraf

5.Tetrisgrammaton

6.Crooked Rain

7.Akinola

8.Vumpler

9.Deduce

10.Slacker

11.GCQuinton

12.Miguel

13.Mrplow1817

14.Penguin

15.Bumpkin

Counting myself is 16 down from 22 when the schedual was made. The names lower on the list haven't been that active in the thread so can't judge if their still in it or not.

I'm thinking new thread/league have until Saturday to sign up, two divisions, 3 weeks to play everyone twice ( once home once away ) top 2 or top 4 from each division ( pending how many members cross over to the new league ) move on to elimination round.

Any other thoughts/opinions/options? This league is about to die if we don't do anything soon.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I say start a new league page (someone, preferably now me :D ) and start a signup list that is blank. And make it for 16 slots MAX. Allow people on the list you listed first priority. Then if there are a couple people you know of that are interested let them join in. So that would probably be only 1 or 2 new people and the rest would be solid. Then go from there.

Milabrega

widgetraf said:
Anyone who starts the league thread, I'll volunteer to be co commish. Mila? Miguel? :D

If we decide to restart, I'd be willing to make the thread tomorrow night, but still give some time for other viable options to be given on how to save this one and/or what the shoulds and shouldn'ts be for the new league.

Magicked

I'd also be willing to help out a little now, but I can't really be sure of the amount of time I will be able to dedicate. I start grad school on Wednesday, so I don't know how everything will go yet.

I was working on a simple website for us to keep track of games and report everything, but I don't know if I'll finish it. =P

Top Bottom