• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Strikers Charged League: North America Edition

Miguel said:
Meta-Knight...meeeeeeeeeta-knight
What are they feeding you?
Meta-Knight...meeeeeeeeeta-knight
It's not your faaaaaaaaaaault

(where you at?)

I was on vacation for 1 week, forgot to tell you, sorry :(

The limit is tuesday? If so I can play my game tomorrow

Week 1: CrookedRain 2 (10) @ Milabrega 0 (7)

Game 1: CrookedRain 4 - Milabrega 3
Game 2: CrookedRain 6 - Milabrega 4

Good game, Mila.

Magicked

Week 2 - Magicked @ Thespis721

Magicked 2 (15) - Thespis721 1 (7)

Game 1: Magicked 8 - Thespis721 2
Game 2: Magicked 1 - Thespis721 3
Game 3: Magicked 6 - Thespis721 3

I got a very lucky 6 ball orange megastrike in the first game helped a ton. I haven't had an orange megastrike in a looooooong time. You also had me really worried in the 3rd game because you were coming back strong.

Very good games! :D

Magicked

It looks like the following matches still need to be played for week 1:

DeceitDecide @ Avatar299
Mii 2 @ tetrisgrammaton
Drakken @ Jackson
GCQuinton @ David

I know the GCQuinton has at least tried to contact David, but David is nowhere to be found.

What's up with everyone else? We should be in Week 2 by now!

Intense game. I wasn't sure who was going to win the whole way through!!!

Yeah guys. Let's get it going and if we could get a standings, that would be great too. Heh!

I hate to be the jerk in the room. But I've gotten all my games. I'm currently up to date with week three, however...

Has anyone noticed that our coordinator hasn't posted or responded to anything in a while?

Akinola

Week 2: Akinola (12) @ Milabrega(9)

Game 1: Akinola 2 - Milabrega 4
Game 2: Akinola 4 - Milabrega 3
Game 3: Akinola 6 - Milabrega 2

Good series, but I think I caught on in that last game.

First two games were intense.

hey vumpler, my friend code got changed, maybe because i unlinked my mii or maybe because i got a new system.

can you please update: 232038 570353

also, where are you mii???

Week 3: Akinola 0 (5) @ CrookedRain 2 (14)

Game 1: Akinola 3 - CrookedRain 6
Game 2: Akinola 2 - CrookedRain 8

Good game, Akinola. If you had caught me one game earlier, things may have been much different. I started off sucking today and things just started to click again for me in the game right before I played you. :lol

Magicked

Well, since vumpler appears to be missing at the moment, how about everyone try to get through their week 3 matches by the end of this weekend. We should be further along than this, but I'd like to at least keep it moving.

If we have people that have not played their matches and we don't know their status at that point, I'll start PMing and AIMing people to try and figure out what's going on. We may have to remove some people from the league or start over, but I suppose we can discuss it then. Perhaps we can find subs as well?

Does this sound reasonable?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Its no longer worth any of our times the state the league is in now. However if we want to rebuild the league with the ~8 active members we do have and just make us play each other multiple times before the playoffs then that would be optimal.

I don't think we need to REBUILD. But if people are not playing, bump them from the league and just reformat the schedule without them. I mean, I'm 1-1 and i earned that loss!

I say we push forward and leave the lead luggage behind us. How about us for Week 3? I'm free later tonight (later than I PMed you) and I'm free Thursday and Friday. Let me know.

widgetraf

vumpler said:
Its no longer worth any of our times the state the league is in now. However if we want to rebuild the league with the ~8 active members we do have and just make us play each other multiple times before the playoffs then that would be optimal.

I support this. We have around 12-16 reliable members of the league so we can step it up, play 2 games a week and go round robin. Things would be flowing much faster and we have better communication because of a tighter community.

Magicked

I could go for a smaller league as well, but I was enjoying the fact that Akinola and CrookedRain were not in my division! :D

A round robin league with more games played in less time sounds good to me.

Milabrega

I'm all for ditching the week by week formula. We can always change the league to how the Europeans are doing things.

Two pools.

One month to play everyone in the pool once ( I would prefer twice )

Then the top 4 of each pool moves on to the elimination round.

Magicked

I guess it depends on how many players we will have. It probably does not make sense to split everyone up if we only have 8 or 10.

I do appreciate the structure of a week system. Although I'm fine with a more robin approach. I do suggest that we keep divisions as divisioned as possible. As Magicked said, I like the players in my league. I felt like we were all even so at least the season would be fun. Aki and Crooked would destroy me!

Akinola

I was online yesterday and CrookedRain was number one in points ><

a staggering 2560 or something like that.

Then again, maybe I should play strikers more so I can stay focused! My Daisy has gotten a lot better.

But yeah, round robin sounds good with the active players here.

Milabrega

Akinola said:
I was online yesterday and CrookedRain was number one in points ><

a staggering 2560 or something like that.

Haha yeah i saw that too nice work CrookedRain. And someone named miiguel was in second (miguel from this league??)

It's actually a little annoying having a good record or being ranked high. :lol
There's a handicap going on but I'm not sure if it's related to how many wins you have or your rank. I just know I'm getting a little tired of my opponent getting a chain chomp or his special item as his first item in about 70% of my games and many of them continue to receive them continuously after that. Basically, I'm hearing the crowd chant for the other player for most of the game. The worst is probably playing against Diddy Kong in Crystal Canyon because I end up having only one player on the field. Also, a lot of people disconnect after they see my rank or at the very end of the first game. AI might also be affected but I can't say for sure.

Top Bottom