• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Mrbob

League is now live. Please sign up. Frankman and LJ11 still need to get online so I can send you invites to the league! We now have an even 16 once everyone signs in online!

Names of those ready to do battle this season!

GAF Name | PSN Name | Team | Time Zone | Aim Name (Preferred but Optional)

Mrbob | MrBob2k7 | Cubs | Central | mrbob2k1
SanjuroTsubaki | SanjuroTsubaki | Boston Red Sox | Eastern | sanjuromifune
Core407 | Runner45 | Bravos | Eastern | CelineDionsMuff
jman2050 | jman2050 | White Sox | EST | jman2050AG
CzarTim | CzarTim | Indians | Eastern | czartim@ratvisionproductions.com (MSN)
Tedesco! | tedesco_13 | Reds | Central | LevyMedia
Corran Horn | Corran | SF Giants | Pacific | CorranFFXI
TeethMummy | TeethMummy | Washington Nationals | Eastern | n/a
DCX |DCXgaf | NYY | Est | DreamcastKC
pistolpete2940 | pistolpete294 | TB | Eastern | pistolpeet2940
Jazzy Network | Jdawg2k | Rangers | Eastern | Blue for U 1551
The Frankman | TheFrankman86 | Mets | Eastern | TheFrankman86
LJ11 | LJ11 | Marlins | Eastern | LJ11370Dez |
dezed | Toronto Blue Jays | EST | icq# 4065341 (i don't have AIM but you can use that)
GQman2121 | GQman2121 | Dodgers | East | OMIK67 (never use it though)
ChrisGoldstein | AndresON777 | Angels | Eastern | no IM but psn or xbl messages are fine

Settings are as follows:

45 games over 10 weeks
3 game series done in 5 day increments
1 series against division opponents
1 series outside of division
All Star Difficulty
Pitching Interface Meter
Guess Pitch off
Strike zones on
Hot Zones on
Fast Play On
Baserunning controls New
Draft Off
Playoff teams 8 (will have to bump down to 4 if we only have 14 total players!)

Please play your games at night. This will give the best chance of having less lag when during the game!

I don't know how the playoff situation exactly works. My guess is it takes the 8 best records, but it could be split up 4 and 4. Your best bet would be to make sure you are in the top 4 in your division for record and the top 8 overall to make sure you get in. Otherwise all bets are off!

Everyone already knows we will try to play this like a sim league. It doesn't have to be perfectly accurate, but please don't throw junk balls outside the strike zone to your opponent all game long. Having said this, there aren't going to be any regulations against pitching in this game. If you are a patient enough hitter you can force your opponent to throw some strikes over the plate to smash. Don't go swinging right away at all the pitches being thrown! If you are swinging at sliders outside the strike zone you only have yourself to blame! And it will happen to all of us this season. :lol

You must use at least four of your starters in a regular rotation. Since the league can't track them we will be using the honor system on it. If you forget what starter you used just count back the days from the first game and go from there! Playoffs will be bumped down to 3 starters.

Remember a TROPHY is on the line for the victor of this league, so play to win, play smart, play hard, and good luck to everyone! Lets get this party started!

Here is where you can access the league online:

http://mlb09ps3html-prod.sc.online.scea.com/MLB09/leagues/details_mlb_web.php?LeagueID=1226

Just need to enter your PSN info to access it after you sign into the league.

How is that only 14? I confirmed 16 people w/ Welli out! Check the last list I posted!

Also I STILL don't have the game... God I hate eBay snipers.

Mrbob

I've only had 13 others (besides me) respond to the request for all the info to be posted for the league. Hopefully the other two check in!

Hurry up and get this game. :x

Mrbob said:
I've only had 13 others (besides me) respond to the request for all the info to be posted for the league. Hopefully the other two check in!

Hurry up and get this game. :x
I have
NL
GQman - Dodgers

AL
ChrisGoldstein - Angels
sext0n - Twins
as not reporting, and GQ just reported. I'm e-mailing these two.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
ChrisGoldstein | AndresON777 | Angels | Eastern | no IM but psn or xbl messages are fine

I'm terrible but I figure it'll be fun, I have plenty of free time.

Mrbob

Chris sent you an invite. That sets us up at an even 16 now when the other 3 get online through sportsconnect and I can send them a league invite!

Mrbob

Yup. It is a 5 day limit to get all 3 games done. You can play them all back to back to back if you want!

Czartim once you click on the link, put in your PSN info to sign in. Then click on league to access the league. Not much to the website though, but I believe we can watch games that are going on once the league goes live.

CzarTim

Mrbob said:
Yup. It is a 5 day limit to get all 3 games done. You can play them all back to back to back if you want!

Czartim once you click on the link, put in your PSN info to sign in. Then click on league to access the league. Not much to the website though, but I believe we can watch games that are going on once the league goes live.
I meant that the link goes to the logout page ;).

try this link

http://mlb09ps3html-prod.sc.online.scea.com/MLB09/leagues/details_mlb_web.php?LeagueID=1226

Mrbob said:
Remember a TROPHY is on the line for the victor of this league, so play to win, play smart, play hard, and good luck to everyone! Lets get this party started!

Speaking of trophies, I think the "Major Leaguer" trophy is pretty stupid. Im pretty sure its incentive to keep people from dropping out of their leagues, but why do you only have to complete 60% of your games?? They should've made it that you'd have to actually FINISH a league to get it.

Mrbob

Oh I didn't realize I had the wrong link in sorry. :lol

Fixed and put into the first post! Thanks PP didn't realize it!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Can I sign up thru this web page or does it have to be thru the ps3?

also, do we have to adjust the settings or does it do it automatically for league games?

Edit- cool I'll sign up thru the ps3 just to be safe.

Im pretty sure you can sign up through the site. There's a link that says 'League Invitations'. Although, if you haven't logged in to the game on the ps3, you won't be able to use the site because you haven't submitted a password. And yes, the settings should be automatic.

Mrbob

I wouldn't trust the online website to sign in...last year some people couldn't sign in through online, and then I couldn't send them another invite in game so we had to start another league.

Sign in through your PS3 systems.

okay JUST GOT HOME. I'm setting up the system now and will accept the invite.

... I still don't have the game... I may just rent it from Blockbuster until I buy it. I got outbid 3 times yesterday at the last second :C

EDIT: Wait, do I need the game to sign in? It won't let me through computer....

Mrbob

Why don't you just go buy it in a store instead! Has to be cheaper than trying to bid for one on ebay and renting it. :lol

Let me know when you are signed into sportsconnect through the game. You need to set up an account. I can't send you an invite at all until you do so. I will be home later tonight to send more invites out.

Core407

Banned
Why are we doing Hot Zones? Hot Zones are cheap imo. Anyways, just accepted. I look forward to playing you guys.

Tedesco!

I would love to play, but unfortunately my team is suspiciously absent. Et tu, czartim? :D

Is there a way he can select a different team?

Mrbob

Hot zones are just in for the first season to make sure everyone is acquanted with the title. We make it through one season they will definitely be turned off in the second.

GQman2121

Banned
Core407 said:
The fact that a trophy is on the line makes it feel a lot more rewarding.

Oh fuck yeah it does! I think most of the trophies for this game are a pain in the ass, but the league ones seem to make sense.

Mrbob

What do you mean?! Winning 15 games in a row as a pitcher or hitting safely in 50 straight games as a batter in RTTS will be a piece of cake! :lol

Oh and that trophy is MINE. :D

At least everyone will get a feel good trophy for completing 60 percent of our league games, but we all want the championship one!

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
What do you mean?!. Winning 15 games in a row as a pitcher or hitting safely in 50 straight games as a batter in RTTS will be a piece of cake! :lol

Oh and that trophy is MINE. :D

At least everyone will get a feel good trophy for completing 60 percent of our league games, but we all want the championship one!

We should make this a pay league. ;)

CzarTim

Tedesco! said:
I would love to play, but unfortunately my team is suspiciously absent. Et tu, czartim? :D

Sorry about that mate, once 8 people join, he can drop me from the league and I can rejoin.

Mrbob

Pay league uh oh the mlb successor to sharkwaters incoming? :D

czartim said:
Sorry about that mate, once 8 people will join, he can drop me from the league and I can rejoin.

HOPEFULLY.

Last year this function didn't work. Cross our fingers it works this year!

Mrbob

You are going to pay for those remarks!

Bulletin board material for me now!

Oh and as far as games online played go, make sure all games are played at night. I notice I have a better online experience in night games versus day games as a whole online. I think it has to do with the advanced lighting...it is so graphically intensive i believe it makes it harder for the two people to sync up.

Also, make sure your PS3 is on 720p when you play online. 1080P is ok for offline play, but the game was optimized for 720P online.

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
You are going to pay for those remarks!

Bulletin board material for me now!

Oh and as far as games online played go, make sure all games are played at night. I notice I have a better online experience in night games versus day games as a whole online. I think it has to do with the advanced lighting...it is so graphically intensive i believe it makes it harder for the two people to sync up.

Also, make sure your PS3 is on 720p when you play online. 1080P is ok for offline play, but the game was optimized for 720P online.

I wonder how a game between two people running it in 480p would go. Two people should just play two identical games against each other in both 480p and 720p and see if there is an improvement. I nominate that guy ->

GQman2121

Banned
Ummm, the website is telling me that my password is incorrect. I'm using my PSN info to log into this site right? What's the deal? I know my information is correct. Why can't I sign in?

jman2050

GQman2121 said:
Ummm, the website is telling me that my password is incorrect. I'm using my PSN info to log into this site right? What's the deal? I know my information is correct. Why can't I sign in?

You need to setup a password when you're asked to do so when connecting via the game.

Mrbob

CzarTim you have been dropped...I sent another invite out to you so join back up!

DCX invite sent!

Frankman and LJ...I still need you guys to sign into the game for me to send invites. Someone see LJ let him know!

LJ11

Mrbob said:
CzarTim you have been dropped...I sent another invite out to you so join back up!

DCX invite sent!

Frankman and LJ...I still need you guys to sign into the game for me to send invites. Someone see LJ let him know!

Dude, I'll get on it tonight, do I need to get in a certain amount of ranked games before joining the league?

I have a tentative deal in place to get MLB 09: The Show priority shipped to me ASAP. Right now both sides are haggling over minutia but it looks like I might have the game by Monday. However it's pending a physical.

Mrbob

Why are you trying to buy this on Ebay...cheapest price is 51 bucks.

You can get it for retail for around the same price. Well whatever just hurry up and get it. :p

Mrbob said:
Why are you trying to buy this on Ebay...cheapest price is 51 bucks.

You can get it for retail for around the same price. Well whatever just hurry up and get it. :p
I'm trying to get it in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, silly!

GQman2121

Banned
jman2050 said:
You need to setup a password when you're asked to do so when connecting via the game.

Alright, I can't find this damn password. It's not asking me when I connect online. I just see the roster update news and I'm in. I must have clicked every single option there was last night and still couldn't find anything related to signing up or signing into the MLB website. I am in the league on the site.

What am I looking for in the game?

eznark

Banned
FYI, I finally decided to bite the bullet and just go with a wired connection and it has helped online play IMMENSELY.

Mrbob

What password did you use when you first signed up through sportsconnect in the game? That is the password you need to use on the website.

LJ did you have a chance to sign up in game yet?

Also, these other people still need to sign in:

The Frankman (waiting on game I know)
SanjuroTsubaki
Jazzy Network
TeethMummy
CzarTim (Resign in)

Lets get to it guys. :D

Top Bottom