• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

GQman2121

Banned
Mrbob said:
What password did you use when you first signed up through sportsconnect in the game? That is the password you need to use on the website.

I've never been asked for any password. When I got the game I just signed into the online and that was it. I guess I'll have to call the 1-800 number that the website gives.

Mrbob

What is your PSN password?

I'm trying to remember if I had to put a password in this year...I can't. :lol I don't think I did, it just read my psn info.

Try your PSN password and see if that works.

GQman2121

Banned
That's what I assumed it would be, but it didn't work.

It doesn't keep track of last season's info does it? I'm positive I would have used the same password anyway.

CzarTim

GQman2121 said:
That's what I assumed it would be, but it didn't work.

It doesn't keep track of last season's info does it? I'm positive I would have used the same password anyway.
The user name isn't your email like when you normally log into PSN. It's just your PSN handle. But the password should be the same.

GQman2121

Banned
czartim said:
The user name isn't your email like when you normally log into PSN. It's just your PSN handle. But the password should be the same.

That's what I've been doing. I'm just going to call the number at lunch and see what they say.

On a side note: the custom soundtracks sound so badass playing through the stadium speakers while you're walking up to the plate. I was messing with it last night and it sounds excellent. There's nothing like hearing All Eyez on Me echoing throughout the stands as Manny steps into the box.

The custom chants sound a little funky though.

jman2050

GQman2121 said:
That's what I've been doing. I'm just going to call the number at lunch and see what they say.

On a side note: the custom soundtracks sound so badass playing through the stadium speakers while you're walking up to the plate. I was messing with it last night and it sounds excellent. There's nothing like hearing All Eyez on Me echoing throughout the stands as Manny steps into the box.

The custom chants sound a little funky though.

Really, I have trouble playing my RTTS with music mode off. It makes it ten times easier to concentrate for some reason :lol

Mrbob

The game automatically put me in the american league when i created the league. Nothing I could do about it. :/

So jman put the white sox in the national league to balance things out!

Tedesco!

Murphy's Law is in full effect. I have to be in Cincinnati from Sunday to Thursday. Hopefully I can drag my PS3 with me so I won't miss any games. If not, maybe my first opponent and I can marathon a series either tonight or tomorrow.

CzarTim

Tedesco! said:
Murphy's Law is in full effect. I have to be in Cincinnati from Sunday to Thursday. Hopefully I can drag my PS3 with me so I won't miss any games. If not, maybe my first opponent and I can marathon a series either tonight or tomorrow.
I live in Cincinnati, so if you want, we can rent a real field and play our games there ;)

Tedesco!

We can get the ball rollin' as soon as Frank gets his game. What can you expect from a Mets fan?

j/k. All in good fun

Mrbob

LJ you able to sign in yet?

Might not matter, since we'll probably be waiting another three weeks for frankman to get his copy.

Damn NYC holding us up again and thinking they are the center of the world. :p

Tedesco!

Speaking of NYC being the center of the world....anyone else annoyed that the "classic stadiums" are only Shea and Yankee? Why not some of the older stadiums? Comiskey? Riverfront? Anyone?

Sad.

LJ11

Mrbob said:
LJ you able to sign in yet?

Might not matter, since we'll probably be waiting another three weeks for frankman to get his copy.

Yeah, I signed in last night as promised.

Mrbob

All right, cool.

I'll send you a league invite when I get home in an hour and a half.

Then we will be waiting for FRANKY to get signed in. Whenever that will be. :lol

Mrbob said:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, lets not get all excited here. getting excited's not gonna help the situation

And as for Frankman, "You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you, and I'm probably not going to like you" - Kenny Powers

Sanjuro

Jazzy Network said:
How the fuck do you set pitching rotation or is online you always pick your ace or something?
You don't I believe. Just don't pick the same starter in four games.

AHHHHHHHHH!#$ This sucks. I would love to be getting league games in now.

Tedesco!

SanjuroTsubaki said:

I would blame The Frankman. Yep.

Core407

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:

Seriously, I'm itching to play. Guess KZ2 will have to do for now. Get on this shit, FRANKMAN. Don't know how you can sign up for a league without even owning the game.

Tedesco!

The Frankman, if you love the league, nay, if you love GAF, you will go out and rent this game RIGHT NOW and continue to rent it until you procure your own copy.

Do it.

Now.

You know what? I was going to post that the game is already in route and should arrive Priority by Monday, but FORGET YOU PEOPLE. I was going to take it easy on you guys since I've played The Show since it's initial offering in '07 and it wouldn't be fair to blow teams out early in the season, but now I don't care. It's not my fault when people start quitting the league after the heinous beatings I will put on. I'll be dishing ass-whuppings on you people 24/7 from now on.

SanjuroTsubaki
alkicksass.gif

Tedesco!
rkorx2.gif

pistolpete2940
colebuttsecksgc7.gif

Core407
shitbraveszq3.jpg

and YOU, Mrbob. You're the worst of them all. You're gonna talk crap about NY and the Mets? And you're a Cubs fan??
kobeandfriendslol.gif

ALL OF YOUR FATES ARE SEALED...

Tedesco!

The Frankman said:

You know what? I was going to post that the game is already in route and should arrive Priority by Monday

This is all I read. My response:

facepalm4.jpg

Monday? Really? Damn.

You should pre-order Madden 2010 now, just to be sure you get it in time for the next online league.

MrBob, I say that as punishment for The Frankman's tardiness in acquiring this game; he should be stripped away from playing the Mets, and should be forced to play as the Pittsburgh Pirates. Or The Marlins. His choice.

Tedesco! said:
Like Blockbuster? I hear they rent games.
Hello, welcome to two days ago when I said exactly that!
March 26th said:
okay JUST GOT HOME. I'm setting up the system now and will accept the invite.

... I still don't have the game... I may just rent it from Blockbuster until I buy it. I got outbid 3 times yesterday at the last second :C

EDIT: Wait, do I need the game to sign in? It won't let me through computer....
Mrbob said NOT to bother renting it.

Tedesco! said:
True, but why not rent it now? That's two days of pure MLB 09: The Show bliss!

And if Mrbob told you to jump off a bridge.....? :)
Reds, right? I'll take special pleasure in using Great Wind Tunnel Ballpark as my personal launching pad.

Mrbob

Frankman I meant don't rent it and buy it from a store! Doesn't matter though, I'll be making sure Big Z is coming for you when the season starts! Time to start head hunting some of your batters!

Speaking of pitching, I forgot to post about rotations in my first post. I updated my post with this info:

You must use at least four of your starters in a regular rotation. Since the league can't track them we will be using the honor system on it. If you forget what starter you used just count back the days from the first game and go from there! Playoffs will be bumped down to 3 starters.

Sanjuro

Mrbob said:
Frankman I meant don't rent it and buy it from a store! Doesn't matter though, I'll be making sure Big Z is coming for you when the season starts! Time to start head hunting some of your batters!

Speaking of pitching, I forgot to post about rotations in my first post. I updated my post with this info:

You must use at least four of your starters in a regular rotation. Since the league can't track them we will be using the honor system on it. If you forget what starter you used just count back the days from the first game and go from there! Playoffs will be bumped down to 3 starters.
Since we can't do much in the menu currently, I wasn't even sure if the trading option existed? Either way I'm curious as I'm using a 4/3 man rotation and have 6-7 starting pitchers on my team.

Mrbob

Didn't see any option to turn trades on or off when I created the league so I'm just going to assume it is in automatically. We'll find out whenever Frankman gets his game. :lol

jman2050 said:
God damnit Frankman aren't you content with ruining only the official sports threads?
Considering I recruited half of you people for this league the BETRAYALTON is awesome. :lol

*adds jrman2050 to the list*

Mrbob said:
Didn't see any option to turn trades on or off when I created the league so I'm just going to assume it is in automatically. We'll find out whenever Frankman gets his game. :lol

You sure it doesn't just follow the weekly roster updates? It's not like the show's leagues are full fledged franchise modes like ncaa football, know what im saying ?

Mrbob

Oh yeah I believe the league follows weekly roster updates. I don't know how that is going to work with trades....we'll see!

The Frankman said:
*adds jrman2050 to the list*

jrman ftw

I think it is time for him to embrace his new name and change all his handles accordingly!

ok now that the love is all dished out I think we really need to change the sliders to more of what I posted before w/ the Operation Sports guys. They do phenomenal testing and evaluation of every little game nuance. We can keep some of the settings and ditch others:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru.../300603-blzers-all-star-sliders-settings.html

GLOBAL GAMEPLAY
Adaptive Pitching Intelligence: Default
Umpire balls and strikes: Variable
Check swing appeals: On
Ejections: On

USER GAMEPLAY
Difficulty: All-Star
Pitching interface: Meter
Guess pitch: Off
Baserunning controls: New
Auto baserunning: Assist
Batting view: Offset
Pitching view: Offset
Fielding view: Medium
Home run celebration camera: Off
Swing influence: Off
Pitcher confidence: On
Fielding assist: Manual
Auto throwing: Off
Auto sliding: Assist
Pitch callout: Off
Pitching ball marker: Off
Throwing meter: Off
Plate coverage indicator: Off
Swing analysis: Off
Runner windows: Off
Strike zone: Off
Hot zones: Off
Tag up indicator: Off
Catch region indicator: Off (I suggest you guys set it On though if you're not used to it)
Catch position indicator: Off
Rob home run indicator: Off
Controller fielding control: Off
Controller sliding control: Off
Vibration: Off

GLOBAL SLIDERS
Pitch speed: 3 (-2)
Fielding errors: 8 (+3)
Throwing errors: 6 (+1)
Fielder run speed: 1 (-4)
Fielder reaction: 3 (-2)
Fielder arm strength: 3 (-2)
Baserunner speed: 5 (0)
Baserunner steal ability: 4 (-1)
Baserunner steal frequency: 5 (0)
Wind: 4 (-1)
Injury frequency: 5 (0)

USER SLIDERS
Power: 6 (+1)
Timing: 0 (-5)
Fouls: 7 (+2)
Solid hits: 3 (-2)
Starter stamina: 4 (-1)
Reliever stamina: 0 (-5)
Pitcher control: 5 (0)
Pitcher consistency: 6 (+1)

CPU SLIDERS
Power: 7 (+2)
Timing: 4 (-1)
Fouls: 6 (+1)
Solid hits: 3 (-2)
Starter stamina: 4 (-1)
Reliever stamina: 0 (-5)
Pitcher control: 5 (0)
Pitcher consistency: 6 (+1)
Strike frequency: 0 (-5)
Manager hook: 5 (0)
Pickoffs: 1 (-4)

AUDIO
Announcer volume: FULL
PA volume: -10
Music volume: -36
Sound effects volume: -14
Crowd volume: -9
Obviously the CPU stuff/Audio can be ignored for the league. I've ben testing them out in demo mode and like the feel. No universal cannon arms, fielders don't suck up everything in sight.

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
ok now that the love is all dished out I think we really need to change the sliders to more of what I posted before w/ the Operation Sports guys. They do phenomenal testing and evaluation of every little game nuance.
Why did you take the prolonged way of obtaining the game anyway? I mean, you are in NY...

Mrbob

Yeah well the settings are staying where they are for season 1. Mainly since I didn't see an option to adjust any sliders for the league. Secondly since people have already been practicing on All Star default and I'm not gonna mess with them as the season starts. Third the game already plays well on default. I'm sure there are some nagging issus which will crop up here and there but that will happen with any setting.

Core407

Banned
The Frankman said:
ok now that the love is all dished out I think we really need to change the sliders to more of what I posted before w/ the Operation Sports guys. They do phenomenal testing and evaluation of every little game nuance. We can keep some of the settings and ditch others:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru.../300603-blzers-all-star-sliders-settings.html

Obviously the CPU stuff/Audio can be ignored for the league. I've ben testing them out in demo mode and like the feel. No universal cannon arms, fielders don't suck up everything in sight.

Uhh I don't see any real issue with how the game handles all the sliders anyways.

Core407

Banned
The Frankman said:

Uhh I don't see any real issue with how the game handles all the sliders anyways. Everything is pretty damn close to realistic.

Top Bottom