• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Sanjuro

I dunno it just disappoints me that I will only ever play vs. Mets/Phillies/Cubs/Yankees. If my team was the worst in the game I would still play as them.

Like for instance it doesn't really make my argument as they are a listed team above but still. I beat some guy with the Cubs as his favorite team and the quote "This will be the year!" and he picked the Mets....wtf.

Core407

Banned
GET THIS SHIT, FRANKMAN

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I dunno it just disappoints me that I will only ever play vs. Mets/Phillies/Cubs/Yankees. If my team was the worst in the game I would still play as them.

Like for instance it doesn't really make my argument as they are a listed team above but still. I beat some guy with the Cubs as his favorite team and the quote "This will be the year!" and he picked the Mets....wtf.

Everyone I run into pretty much plays with the Yankees. I'll say this year there has been a wider range of teams I've faced. Mets and Yankees are still favorites but now I see teams like KC being used. Facing the Yankees is awesome though. Since I've seen 'em so many times now, I basically know their pitching motion and do pretty damn well against Sabathia. Burnett is a beast though, his fastball is damn near impossible to hit.

Mrbob

Popular teams are popular dude. :D

Too many Cubs players online though letting you guys practice against them before you play me. :(

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Popular teams are popular dude. :D

Too many Cubs players online though letting you guys practice against them before you play me. :(

I'm itching to play. Last years league was such a disaster, finally nice to have a do over.

no nagging gameplay issues? So Juan Pierre really throws balls on the fly to 2nd base and 1-2 hops to third from CF? :lol

That's among some of the issues. Pitchers who are known as generally wild seem to be a bit more accurate throwing strikes than normal. The reaction time for fielders seems WAY too fast, I know for a fact that's an issue. Read the MLB 09 blogs and at least a few well-known gaming sports forums.

Also please shut up people, I already bought it 2 days ago. It'll be in if not Monday, Tuesday. Go outside and a take a walk if you're bored.

Core407

Banned
The Frankman said:
no nagging gameplay issues? So Juan Pierre really throws balls on the fly to 2nd base and 1-2 hops to third from CF? :lol

That's among some of the issues. Pitchers who are known as generally wild seem to be a bit more accurate throwing strikes than normal. The reaction time for fielders seems WAY too fast, I know for a fact that's an issue. Read the MLB 09 blogs and at least a few well-known gaming sports forums.

Also please shut up people, I already bought it 2 days ago. It'll be in if not Monday, Tuesday. Go outside and a take a walk if you're bored.

Now Tuesday? :|

Mrbob

Doesn't someone have to leave on tuesday till saturday?

Thanks to frankmans delay of this league start I'm not putting it up till wednesday now, so there is a chance to get in games all weekend on a five day schedule.

Tedesco!

Mrbob said:
Doesn't someone have to leave on tuesday till saturday?

That's me. Sunday to Friday night. I actually brought my PS3 with me in the event that the league started while I was out of town. I don't know if I can make all the games, but I wanted to give it a shot, and I didn't want to hold things up for everybody else.

CzarTim

Tedesco! said:
That's me. Sunday to Friday night. I actually brought my PS3 with me in the event that the league started while I was out of town. I don't know if I can make all the games, but I wanted to give it a shot, and I didn't want to hold things up for everybody else.
How considerate of you.

Tedesco! said:

Here's a man who knows what's up. Agrees to join a league and is actually RESPONSIBLE enough to ensure that the league continues as planned, instead of making the rest of us the bad guy for no apparent reason.

I salute you, Tedesco. You're cool.

Well that's good Mrbob, because my guy told me he made sure to use Expedited shipping. I'm checking how long it takes to ship to the U.S. from England using Royal Air Mail. Shouldn't be too long...

Mrbob

The Frankman said:
Well that's good Mrbob, because my guy told me he made sure to use Expedited shipping. I'm checking how long it takes to ship to the U.S. from England using Royal Air Mail. Shouldn't be too long...

The hell? :lol

You ordered this game overseas? Hahahahaha.

eznark

Banned
I'll play for Frankman until he gets his game. I don't even know if that is technically possible but it would only be a game or two and I guaranty I am better at the game than that chucklehead.

DCX

DCX
Damn Frank, i know we are Knick bros for life and CourtRival team mates but wtf? Over seas? Is it even the american version of the game? :lol Add me to your list please, k thx.

DCX

tyagi

Are there any MLB 09 players in Australia / New Zealand (or anywhere close in Internet terms) who'd like some online games?

The not-too-hot MLB network code doesn't seem to withstand games between this end of the world and anywhere beyond California (in one direction) and Singapore/HK in the other.

Add-me-do, MLB name: Harman_Smith

Core407

Banned
The Frankman said:

You're a fucking tard. Why would you go ahead and sign up for a league and wait till the last second to buy the game and then buy a fucking international one. Why?

Mrbob

If he doesn't get it by Wednesday I am booting him from this league and looking for a replacement. I want him to play if he wants in, but how he has handled this whole situation in procuring a game has been strange to say the least.

Time is money...and trophies, and he is wasting all our time at the moment.

Of course he is lucky Tedesco has a legit reason for me to wait a couple days before starting the league or I would have given him the heave ho already. :D

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
If he doesn't get it by Wednesday I am booting him from this league and looking for a replacement. I want him to play if he wants in, but how he has handled this whole situation in procuring a game has been strange to say the least.

Time is money...and trophies, and he is wasting all our time at the moment.

Of course he is lucky Tedesco has a legit reason for me to wait a couple days before starting the league or I would have given him the heave ho already. :D

Seriously, talk about a great way to fuck up a league. :lol The last he (Frankman) could have done was just rent it and sign up so we could proceed with our games but you know people today, always thinking about themselves.

... dude. Seriously. After I already said Friday the game was in route and would arrive by now the amount of lulz on this page are not enough to be contained in my belly. Now I understand how mob insanity/violence starts. Jeez, you people need to actually read posts.

And Bob, you do what you need to do. I already made legitimately serious posts before stating what's going on and no one listened/people started PMing shit to me on GAF/PSN, so I tried the humor route and no one is listening/people are still PMing shit to me on GAF/PSN. I'll just shut up and next time someone sees me playing the game online assume I have it.

Core407

Banned
The Frankman said:
... dude. Seriously. After I already said Friday the game was in route and would arrive by now the amount of lulz on this page are not enough to be contained in my belly. Now I understand how mob insanity/violence starts. Jeez, you people need to actually read posts.

And Bob, you do what you need to do. I already made legitimately serious posts before stating what's going on and no one listened/people started PMing shit to me on GAF/PSN, so I tried the humor route and no one is listening/people are still PMing shit to me on GAF/PSN. I'll just shut up and next time someone sees me playing the game online assume I have it.

If you can play the game properly, I'll respect you. The way you've gone about this thread though, makes me think you won't be good at the game.

Mrbob

Frankman relax if you are getting the game soon we are good to go. I just want to make sure you are committed to playing and it looks like you are!

Everyone just wants to get started.

BTW do you have the game yet?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I don't mind waiting a few more days. Just got done moving and now studying for pre-spring break tests, screw school :lol

Mrbob

He told me the game should be showing up tommorrow, so cross your fingers at being able to start this league tommorrow night.

Sanjuro

204lx.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I dont mind the wait that much I've been hitting the batting cages the last 2 days. Game looks pretty good in 720p, I love the daytime lighting.

Mrbob

F to the R to the ANK to the MAN any updates yet?

I believe league roster updates are done on the fly for the league. So whenever one is applied in game it also applies to the league. I want to get this thing going by the weekend.

eznark said:
When is this league scheduled to end?

Going to be a couple months. I think almost 3 to finish it up.

Top Bottom