• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

LJ11

JambiBum said:
You get the fuck outta here. Lol. We can do a coin flip if we have to. Or better yet, we both play a game as the Yankees against each other. Winner take all. How about that?

How about he has the Yankees because he's been a reliable member of the league for 2 years and sends me roses on Sundays.

Sorry dudes he's getting the Yanks.

Edit: Next year you can have some battle royal for them. Plenty of stacked teams to go around for the remainder of this year!

Mrbob

Anyone want the Cubs? :lol Played a scrim against Matrix yesterday with the current roster against the Stros and it was hilarious. Cue the Bennie Hill music the entire game with both teams, what a disaster of a game!

Pistol Pete probably be too late for me, I need to get up early. Not home right now either and won't be for about 4 hours. Maybe we can squeeze it in Monday night? I get home around 9:30CST tomorrow. Hate to have your playoff future based on a coin flip.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Anyone want the Cubs? :lol Played a scrim against Matrix yesterday with the current roster against the Stros and it was hilarious. Cue the Bennie Hill music the entire game with both teams, what a disaster of a game!

How can you turn your back on your team!? I don't know what you have become.

Matrix said:
Didn't you turn your back on your team last year? You're never in the MLB thread anymore. And what Houston fan is past booing Carlos Beltran? BLASPHEMY!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The Frankman said:
Didn't you turn your back on your team last year? You're never in the MLB thread anymore. And what Houston fan is past booing Carlos Beltran? BLASPHEMY!

I didn't turn my back on them. I still watch/follow every game despite them sucking, why should I post in the MLB thread about how bad they are and basically talk to myself since no one else cares about the Stros in there.

Mrbob

Matrix said:

I don't turn my back on my team Mr. Jays!
25a1zqo.png

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I don't turn my back on my team Mr. Jays!
25a1zqo.png

:lol :lol the fact that you actually think I'm a Jays fan is hilarious.

Matrix said:
I didn't turn my back on them. I still watch/follow every game despite them sucking, why should I post in the MLB thread about how bad they are and basically talk to myself since no one else cares about the Stros in there.
Because it's not the cesspool the NBA thread is. People will talk prospects, things Houston can do/future players (Brett Wallace!) w/o going "LOLZZSZ HOUStoN SUCKS HAHAHAH FAIL". Expect for the Yankee fans, most of the posters there are rational.

Matrix

The Frankman said:
Because it's not the cesspool the NBA thread is. People will talk prospects, things Houston can do/future players (Brett Wallace!) w/o going "LOLZZSZ HOUStoN SUCKS HAHAHAH FAIL". Expect for the Yankee fans, most of the posters there are rational.

That's not how it was when the Stros were good and I posted in there :lol It was always asstros this and asstros that. Plus you were always posting anime/manga shit!

I <3 that cesspool. You hate it cause the Knicks suck :p

Mrbob

I think all those bad memories are just me trolling your team. :lol

Frankman's anime megamix in the mlb threads is scary though!

Matrix said:
That's not how it was when the Stros were good and I posted in there :lol It was always asstros this and asstros that. Plus you were always posting anime/manga shit!
Yeah TO PISS OFF THE YANKEE FANS. Besides they all permabanned now (big surprise) so I don't.
I <3 that cesspool. You hate it cause the Knicks suck :p
I post regardless of their record. You bail when your team sucks. Pot calling kettle black much? Besides it isn't too much to expect the general IQ of the posts in a thread to higher than say, pudding.
Frankman's anime megamix in the mlb threads is scary though!
I post gifs and images of all animation types, fool. I'm no hater.

Matrix

:lol most likely Bob.

Frankman, you still at least have a couple of Knicks fans you can talk to in the nba thread. Name a Stros fan who still posts. I don't care to talk about the future of the Stros with people who don't give a shit about the team at all.

How much does Bob post in there? I don't keep up.

Mrbob

Not much. I could have chest puffed after yesterday's brilliant 3 to 2 victory over the hated Cardinals, but it was still Bennie Hill time in the bottom 9th with the win. Ramirez throwing a ground ball way past Lee for an error. Koy Hill (our defensive catcher!) cannot catch a foul ball pop up as the ball goes out of his glove. Thankfully Marmol was beasting so he got around both issues for the save!

This Cubs team is pathetic though I don't even watch them all the time. I figure if Lou and Dlee can both take time away from the team this season so can I! Even in wins the Cubs are disgusting to watch.

Matrix

Well I'm enjoying this youth movement far more than I thought I would, but I'm still disgusted with how everything went down.

Just the idea that Fat Elvis and Roy O play for two of my most hated teams, just makes me sick. Another reason I don't talk about them is cause it's depressing as hell.

Matrix

I'm taking the Mets.

Matrix said:
:lol most likely Bob.
Frankman, you still at least have a couple of Knicks fans you can talk to in the nba thread. Name a Stros fan who still posts. I don't care to talk about the future of the Stros with people who don't give a shit about the team at all.
How much does Bob post in there? I don't keep up.
Mashing, but understand i recruit new fans every offseason. clemenx, nocode, Dmncby2k9 were Mets fans I told about MLB thread. You want to talk to people recruit!

Bon needs to do the same. Hell Vas_a_morir went to JAPAN to make inroads in to that market for Reds fans!
Matrix said:
I'm taking the Mets.
The hell you are. I already called it.

LJ11

Playoff time.

Pistol won the last spot because he swept the Rays, game noticed he had the tiebreaker and didn't count one of the games for Jambi as a result.

Cards vs Sox
Angels vs Jays

Sooner you finish the faster we can start 3.0

Doytch

Aw damn, Dmncnby and I were literally just about to start our last game. :lol Was a meaningless game, anyway.

BigAT, I can play tonight if you're around. I'll be on my PS3, send me a msg.

LJ11

Doytch said:
Aw damn, Dmncnby and I were literally just about to start our last game. :lol Was a meaningless game, anyway.

BigAT, I can play tonight if you're around. I'll be on my PS3, send me a msg.

Yeah, I checked the standings before making a move and just said f-it, lets finish this.

BigAT

Sorry Doytch, I've been out of town the last couple of days. I should be able to play tonight maybe before but definitely after the Giants game. Are the playoff series best of 7?

Doytch

BigAT said:
Sorry Doytch, I've been out of town the last couple of days. I should be able to play tonight maybe before but definitely after the Giants game. Are the playoff series best of 7?
Eh np, the schedule only turned over last night. The schedule only has three games on it, I dunno, might be best of three. Commish?

SFG ain't playing, so I'm guessing there's some preseason NFL games, right?

BigAT

Doytch, are you going to be around any earlier than 7 tonight? Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to play after that. I've been kind of ridiculously busy lately, but I can definitely knock out the series tomorrow night.

Doytch

BigAT said:
Doytch, are you going to be around any earlier than 7 tonight? Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to play after that. I've been kind of ridiculously busy lately, but I can definitely knock out the series tomorrow night.
I get home at 6 or 5:45 if traffic plays nice. Would that work?

Mrbob

DLee is about to get traded to Atlanta. My only reliable hitter is going away for season 2!

Now I won't have any pitching or hitting this will be fun!

Matrix

Man the more I think about it I'm not sure how I'm going to fit in 3 show league games a week :\ I really want to play though.. shit.

Work,NCAA Dynasty, Madden league, real life sports coming back, tv :lol *that's for you Bob*

Mrbob

I'm not even sure what the prospects of a second season is at this point, as no one is playing their playoff games. :(

More Starcraft 2 time for me then!

Matrix

Oh well.

Maybe it's just better if I stick to playing games here and there. I will just have to add people from here so I don't have to play cheating randoms.

turnbuckle

Matrix said:
Oh well.

Maybe it's just better if I stick to playing games here and there. I will just have to add people from here so I don't have to play cheating randoms.

Add me - Turnbuckle47

The amount of cheaters/laggers/quitters in the game isn't as bad as some other games i've played online before, but the way to deal with them is pretty bad. If you don't bail in the first inning you get a loss and it adds to your dnf%. I pretty much refuse to play anyone with a dnf% higher than 5%. Can never have too many legit players on my list :D

BigAT

Doytch said:
You want to try and knock out the series tonight, BigAT? To get Bob off our backs? :D
I kind of want to wait a couple of weeks to spite Bob.

But yeah, I should be able to do it tonight. Let me know when you get in.

Sanjuro

pistolpete2940 said:
Sanjuro, if you wanna get a game in now, I can play by 4:00. If not, I'll be home around 1AM EST.
Hey. I just got in now. If it's too late no worries, I don't foresee myself leaving this house for a couple days so I can get in a late game or whatever.

Doytch

BigAT said:
I kind of want to wait a couple of weeks to spite Bob.

But yeah, I should be able to do it tonight. Let me know when you get in.
Got home early. Could get a game in now before I have dinner.

Top Bottom