• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

eznark

Banned
I don't know which I hate more, real or virtual Randy Wolf

gg Frank, maybe I should just go to the bullpen immediately.

Are you available to play tomorrow early? We may take the kids to my brother's for a barbecue at 3 PM, and wouldn't be back until Sunday afternoon. I want these games over ASAP if so.

eznark

Banned
might be around in a bit of a window in a few hours. Going to gear up for my upcoming 10 day trip to Yosemite but I don't think that'll take too long. Should be back by noon or so. Got more shit to do tonight though, so I'll be gone from around 2-late ish

Doytch

Dmncnby, I'm good to play if you're around. Now would be the best if you want some easy wins since I'm kinda hung over.

eznark said:
might be around in a bit of a window in a few hours. Going to gear up for my upcoming 10 day trip to Yosemite but I don't think that'll take too long. Should be back by noon or so. Got more shit to do tonight though, so I'll be gone from around 2-late ish
Noon? Ok I'll be online then.

LJ11

Doytch said:
Looking through the awards section atm....LJ's Orioles have swept the gold gloves. :lol

I haven't checked, but no one in the fucking infield deserves shit except Wieters. They've cost me so many games.

eznark said:
just got home, took way longer than I thought. You still around?
Yes. I was there a half hour. You didn't show. Why didn't you send a message via PSN when you got online? I friended the whole league for that purpose.

Challenge sent 5 minutes ago.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
Yes. I was there a half hour. You didn't show. Why didn't you send a message via PSN when you got online? I friended the whole league for that purpose.

Challenge sent 5 minutes ago.
I did send a PSN message the second I signed on. It said "game?"

eznark

Banned
i don't have time for your infinite saves frankman

6 minutes now dude, the fuck

this is bullshit, I'm outta here. 10 minutes of pausing, I have better things to do. You earned that forfeit.

Why the hell did you accept the forefeit? Does the term "psycho nieces" ring a bell? I had a runner on 1st and 1 out in the 9th! I can't believe you pulled that, especially after all the computer bullshit that caused you to score those runs to take the lead. Really, dude? Was that the only way you could beat me?

I DECLARE SHENNANGIANS

10 minutes? Man I said jack after you nailed my guy in the head after a homer yesterday. This is how it is?

Now, let's use some common sense. If I'm batting in the 9th and have momentum WHY THE FUCK WOULD I INTENTIONALLY PAUSE THE GAME?? That's right up there with intentionally leaving for 2 weeks, getting horribly rusty by playing no games just so I could intentionally screw the league.

2nd, if your argument is I paused when behind... FAIL. I had to pause ahead 3-1 because their On-Demand show ended. The one in the 9th is because they were crying and I had to prepare lunch. But hey, you'll find about being torn between a crying kid and whatever you want to do soon enough.

The most damning piece of evidence?
Just got back home and ready. Hopefully we can finish both w/o nieces acting up. Why I agreed to take them while my sis and hubby are on vacation I don't know...
I pretty much told you if I have any extended pauses its' due to having to watch kids. Why didn't you snap when I had to pause for 1-2 minutes in the 1st game?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shit Frankman owned by his nieces and eznark :lol :lol

Mrbob

What is funnier is eznark responding yesterday to the Jambi/Frankman spat when Frankman paused in their game:

eznark said:
ladies, ladies relax

Then he blasts Frankie today with the forfiet. :lol

I will say though Frank you should send people a message on PSN if you are going to take awhile. Courtesy at the very least.

eznark

Banned
Frankman, you seem to fail to realize a very important aspect of this league. The other teams and the posters in this thread are not computers. We are also people with lives and conflicts and commitments. You had run out of pause time when I posted in this thread, which means you had used 5 full minutes. I then forfeited out because another 5 straight minutes of pausing had passed. Making me and other people stare at a pause screen for an inordinate amount of time is absolutely insulting, no matter the reason.

I had plans to be at the driving range at 4. I squeezed in our game because you yet again were going out of town. We started our game at 2. You forfeited at 3:18. It was a 4-3 game! There is no excuse for the game to take that long. You have nieces? Plan ahead. Don't pause 15 times to check hot zones and pitcher breakdowns and tendencies. Realize that you are probably going to need a few minutes and adjust your absurd play style accordingly.

I have no doubt you had legitimate reasons to be paused. I had legitimate reasons to be sick and tired of waiting for you with no word on how long it would take for you to come back. As to hitting the guy in the head, injuries are off. A bean is a bean in this game, it just so happens I find it humorous (and a little risky re: passed ball) to aim for the noggin.

I and the rest of the league has bent over backwards accommodating you the past number of weeks. Normal people would have told the league to move on, that real life had interfered and you were looking forward to season 2. Since you are apparently unable to grasp the simplicities of basic courtesy, I have no doubt the idea never even crossed your mind. Get a clue dude. I didn't join the league so that I could make my schedule revolve around planet Frankman.

Flip a coin for the last game please LJ, I'm in no rush to go out of my way to fit into Frankman's clearly busier and more-important-than-everyone-else's life.

I was referring to the back and forth bitching in the thread, Bob. Also, I hadn't yet experienced Frankman.

(Longest cell phone post ever)

LJ11

Ugh, figure it out dudes.

I'm heading out and don't have time to work this out.

Like Bob said, send a message if something comes up. Don't just leave someone hanging.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Back in the day my nephew was over all the time and I would never schedule league games while I was babysitting.

The few times that I did have to play when I didn't plan on having him over, I would play while he was banging on my tv or hanging all over me. If I lost I lost, I wasn't going to make the other player annoyed cause of my family shit by pausing for 10 mins.

Frank my man ....you done goofed!

Matrix

btw are you guys doing a season 2? I want in on this action!... if possible. I might pass on the Madden league since the game blows ass.

LJ11

Matrix said:
btw are you guys doing a season 2? I want in on this action!... if possible. I might pass on the Madden league since the game blows ass.

I'd be down for a second season.

Who else is interested?

Mrbob

If you guys are going to play one more season, I'm down. Me and my gutted Cubs team ready to roll.

I'll miss you, Lilly! Sorry my defense couldn't help you get a win in your last start! Warrior for me this season as a pitcher.

eznark

Banned
I'm down for another season (any chance you can just set advance days and the league goes forward no matter what?). When will they add Lorenzo Cain!!!

Matrix

Bob, I'm not going to use the Stros ever again. JAYS FOR LIFE!

I think I'll move to Canada as well.

LJ11

eznark said:
I'm down for another season (any chance you can just set advance days and the league goes forward no matter what?). When will they add Lorenzo Cain!!!

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.

Sunday and Wednesday night.

JambiBum

Second season. Yankees. LJ if you don't feel like running the second I'll do it. If that's ok with everyone else.

Also, ez, now you see why I was acting the way I was :lol :lol

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Well you are rocking a Grizzelz avatar so I don't even know who you are as a sports fan anymore!

:(

I just played the biggest piece of shit random I have ever played. He has a lead 1-0 going into the top of the 9th, total lag free game and it was a great game so far. I hit a 2 run hr to take a 2-1 lead heading to the bottom. He pauses the game out of anger I'm sure and then in the bottom of the 9th he gets the first man on and then somehow is able to cause the game to delay and steal a base while I pitch. Then I end up walking the next guy cause he keeps causing some pausing delay as soon as I release the pitch. He gets the bases loaded and two outs and he does it again and wins.... I actually quit out and never do that. Not sure wtf he was doing other than I guess pulling his cable cord out, but fuck what a bitch.

I hadn't played online in a while, but I forgot how random fuckers like that make you not want to play anyone but people you know.

This is the fucker I played. No wonder he couldn't handle losing to me, top 35 has to fucking cheat. Can't handle a precious loss :lol

http://www.theshowcommunity.com/players/chopping_cheddar

Matrix said:
Back in the day my nephew was over all the time and I would never schedule league games while I was babysitting.

The few times that I did have to play when I didn't plan on having him over, I would play while he was banging on my tv or hanging all over me. If I lost I lost, I wasn't going to make the other player annoyed cause of my family shit by pausing for 10 mins.

Frank my man ....you done goofed!
Shouldn't you be booing Beltran by now?

Ez, I did schedule for when I have time..early in the morning like noon. You no-showed.

Anyway, 2nd season, Mets, blah blah blah. Hopefully we see changes from the new sliders.

Matrix

Moletran? I'm long over that bitch.

Doytch

Yeah I'm totally down for another season. Especially since now Jose Goddamn Bautista and my rotation are gonna buffed up the ass.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.

Sunday and Wednesday night.
End on Saturday 11:59PM? I think it'd be good if each series had one day on the weekend.

Im in for the Second. Damn Twins pitching was allover the place this season :lol im impressed Blackburn my ERA leader though.
Doytch watching the Mets. I let u kno wen they bore me so we can play.

Doytch

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Im in for the Second. Damn Twins pitching was allover the place this season :lol im impressed Blackburn my ERA leader though.
Doytch watching the Mets. I let u kno wen they bore me so we can play.
Yeah I'm watching HallaDay, too. :lol No rush, I wouldn't mind watching this game.

I'm down for a second season. Jambi, you're not just gonna swoop in and snatch the Yankees from me, I'm not having it. I've been denied my team for three straight seasons. Fuck outta here

JambiBum

pistolpete2940 said:
I'm down for a second season. Jambi, you're not just gonna swoop in and snatch the Yankees from me, I'm not having it. I've been denied my team for three straight seasons. Fuck outta here

You get the fuck outta here. Lol. We can do a coin flip if we have to. Or better yet, we both play a game as the Yankees against each other. Winner take all. How about that?

Doytch

I think my favourite part was that just-foul hit by Snider that left the field in under a second and went completely out of the park. :lol

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
You get the fuck outta here. Lol. We can do a coin flip if we have to. Or better yet, we both play a game as the Yankees against each other. Winner take all. How about that?

What, the Yanks are my favorite team. I'm their #1 fan. I'm definitely gonna use them this next season, but you can go ahead and take the Pirates or something. I'd say we could play for them, but I'd hate to waste your time.

;)

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
What, the Yanks are my favorite team. I'm their #1 fan. I'm definitely gonna use them this next season, but you can go ahead and take the Pirates or something. I'd say we could play for them, but I'd hate to waste your time.

;)

Lies! :lol

Top Bottom