• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11 League: Starbucks Edition

SephriJ

turnbuckle said:
:jakncoke

LOL. I don't know about that, if everyone drinks the same amount we drank the other night, that will give me a fighting chance. I will just stay sober.

Sanjuro

Yeah, I've been ready to go for a bit now.

I don't give two craps about modified sliders or anything. I just want a set number of people who are reliable and ready to go.

LJ11

So we have 6, with Dominicanboy/Corran/PistolPete/Duan Cunningham showing interest earlier. PM them and see what they say. Pistol and Dominicanboy are reliable based on last season. Looks like a solid group.

PM to confirm and start this thing up.

Sanjuro

I'm not going to deal with that analog bullshit. If it is an option, I'm turning it off. It is on your end for preference, then it's up to the player.

turnbuckle

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm not going to deal with that analog bullshit. If it is an option, I'm turning it off. It is on your end for preference, then it's up to the player.

I haven't toyed around with analog hitting too much - just a couple games before I went back to zone. Analog hitting seemed easier in my small sample size. Location of pitches didn't seem to matter so much as timing. I was awful with analog pitching and never bothered trying the fielding.

Anywho, just ordered a used PS3 from Amazon with overnight shipping. Sucks that I lost my rtts progress and everything else from other games but once the league starts I really don't care about any of that other stuff anyways.

Speaking of broken ps3, anyone know of any alternatives to shipping a console to Sony and paying extortion fees ($150 or so) for a repair? The problem is either with the video card, the fans, or both. I want to get it fixed at some point for backwards compat and to simply have another blu ray player in the house.

LJ11

Guess it depends on the problem turn, seen someone talking about a hairdryer trick in some thread. Youtube always comes in handy for fix it issues.

turnbuckle said:
I haven't toyed around with analog hitting too much - just a couple games before I went back to zone. Analog hitting seemed easier in my small sample size. Location of pitches didn't seem to matter so much as timing. I was awful with analog pitching and never bothered trying the fielding.

Anywho, just ordered a used PS3 from Amazon with overnight shipping. Sucks that I lost my rtts progress and everything else from other games but once the league starts I really don't care about any of that other stuff anyways.

Speaking of broken ps3, anyone know of any alternatives to shipping a console to Sony and paying extortion fees ($150 or so) for a repair? The problem is either with the video card, the fans, or both. I want to get it fixed at some point for backwards compat and to simply have another blu ray player in the house.

gophermods.com I sent my ps3 there for ylod and they got it to work for 60 bucks. Check it out man!

turnbuckle

Dmncnby2k9 said:
gophermods.com I sent my ps3 there for ylod and they got it to work for 60 bucks. Check it out man!

Thanks, I'll check it out. If that doesn't work, I'll take Sanjuro's advice.

LJ11 said:
So we have 6, with Dominicanboy/Corran/PistolPete/Duan Cunningham showing interest earlier. PM them and see what they say. Pistol and Dominicanboy are reliable based on last season. Looks like a solid group.

PM to confirm and start this thing up.

I'm in.

turnbuckle

Anyone know how long Sanj is banned for? I don't even know what happened in the mlb thread to cause so many bannings

eznark

Banned
It's being put together now bu Sanj, I'm just the messenger

Pistol Pete - Yankees
Macattk15 - Mariners
eznark - Brewers
Frankman - Mest
LJ11 - Reds
Corran Horn - Giants
turnbuckle - Tigers
SephriJ - White Sox
Duane Cunningham - Royals
Dmncnby2k9 - Rangers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
tbuc - Braves

turnbuckle

Alright, got the PS3 downloading updates right now. Why does this take so damned long?

Broadcast presentation? :(
Ahh well, I don't care what the settings are. I just want to play some damned baseball with you guys.

turnbuckle

Hmm updated ps3, put in the show, and the game keeps looping the opening scea screen. God dammit this is why you should never buy used. Gonna fuck around with it later to see if I can figure out what's wrong.

LJ11

turnbuckle said:
Hmm updated ps3, put in the show, and the game keeps looping the opening scea screen. God dammit this is why you should never buy used. Gonna fuck around with it later to see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Hope you get things worked out.

As for difficulty, who cares right now, lets just get this show on the road. We can all bitch and moan at the end of the season. I'll accept my invite by the end of the night.

I ask because I thought last year was HoF and this league would be be the same. PCI's on All-Star online are ridiculous.

Anyway PSN ID is TheFrankman86.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
Hope you get things worked out.

As for difficulty, who cares right now, lets just get this show on the road. We can all bitch and moan at the end of the season. I'll accept my invite by the end of the night.
I deleted the install and reinstalled it and it worked! But now my internet just died. 2am here so I'm gonna crash but ill hop on tomorrow to accept invite.

Psn: turnbuckle47

eznark said:
bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch.....sigh
I call it attention to minutia. Play in the Madden-GAF Series sometime, then come back and talk.

BTW can you forefeit your games with me in advance so I can save you the embarrassment of being no-hit? I really need the extra time for my RTTS guy.

turnbuckle

I expect a couple no-hitters with the difficulty set to hall of fame, so I wouldn't really brag about it frankman. League settings last year were perfect, but HoF is harder to hit this year. I'm cool with whatever difficulty though.

LJ11

Duane Cunningham said:
What do I need to do to join the league? Send PSN friend requests to everybody?

No, as long as Sanjuro has your PSN name, he'll send you an invite under League Settings or some shit. Log on and accept it, choose your team, done.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
I call it attention to minutia. Play in the Madden-GAF Series sometime, then come back and talk.

BTW can you forefeit your games with me in advance so I can save you the embarrassment of being no-hit? I really need the extra time for my RTTS guy.

The best part is that I enjoy playing the game, so it doesn't bother me to get no hit. It makes me chuckle that while I am laughing, drinking a beer and enjoying a video game you're pouring over spreadsheets and tearing your hair out because a slider might be one tweak off.

turnbuckle

Were invites sent? Didn't receive one. Only got a message saying my avatar was disapproved and I need to pick something more appropriate. I had chosen the same dragon quest avatar as the one I use here. Wtf.

Top Bottom