• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11 League: Starbucks Edition

Game 5
Mets - 2 - 9 - 0
Giants - 0 - 8 - 0
Final

Dickey's knuckler was dancing today. Spot it away, it'd move in, thank God for the patch. Like I said corran, welcome to The Mo Zone, where HR's go to turn into flyouts. Thank god, I threw a hanging change and Posey drilled it. Reyes with a big two out RBI triple. Of course Frankie made it exciting as usual. Also WTH with the little lag towards the end? I need to check my connection.

If you want to stop for the night it's fine. I anticipate Sanjuro doing a new league so I want to keep playing. At the very least consider it practice looking into player tendencies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I got scared when I threw you out at home. Hoped Posey didnt get hurt -.-''

Cant believe the strike zone for this game was so generous. So many times I didnt strike at balls that got called strike.

Corran Horn said:
I got scared when I threw you out at home. Hoped Posey didnt get hurt -.-''

Cant believe the strike zone for this game was so generous. So many times I didnt strike at balls that got called strike.
I thought I tapped the runner to round 3rd and go home, and he stopped. Had to start him up and when he was going to me out I brainlocked and didn't truckstick the catcher.

Corran Horn

The Frankman said:
I thought I tapped the runner to round 3rd and go home, and he stopped. Had to start him up and when he was going to me out I brainlocked and didn't truckstick the catcher.
Apparently I dont know how to run the bases that well because I fucked up hardcore too on one of our games.

Corran Horn said:
Apparently I dont know how to run the bases that well because I fucked up hardcore too on one of our games.
Left stick points to the base until you see the runner pinging, and tap the button which corresponds to the base you want runner to go (X=home).

Did you want to finish? I IMed you in the Lobby.

Game 6
Mets - 2 - 4 - 0
Giants - 3 - 7 - 0
Final

Yikes, tough loss. Santana hung the everloving crap outta a change and Sandoval parks it out for 2-run HR and a 3-0 lead. Hard to come back when Lincecum is mowing down guys ... dude was throwing great but in retrospect, I executed my gameplan. Took pitches, swung at strikes but I couldn't take advantage of mistakes. I was early on EVERYTHING... FB, 2-seamer, change, curve. How many HR's did I pull foul? That killed me because I had some hangers to hit.

Wright breaks up the no-no with a leadoff double in the 8th, Davis and Murphy both K (both missed pitches) and Pagan grounds out, wasting a bigtime opportunity. In the 9th after Thole grounded out Pridie PHing singled, stole 2nd and Reyes got a hanger and doubled him in. In comes Brian Wilson, and I PH Jason Bay as the tying run. Bay gets one up and he rips a double scoring Reyes. 3-2 game with Beltran up. He gets late on a FB and pops up to shallow left. Wright comes up as the tying run and he K's to end the game. DAMMIT!

good series, at least I made you sweat that game out.

Sanjuro

I'm out until next season. Selling my copy. The fact that I have only played one online game in the past two months at least is pretty lousy. I also have much more on my plate going forward. Frankman looks to have a plan in place, you can authorize co-general managers in the options screen to give people limited and full controls. Maybe both him and LJ can carry the load.

Sorry guys.

Waitminute... Sanjuro is bowing out??

WHAT DE HEYL...

tumblr_lfyw4lG9ck1qfo293.png

Someone better get a medic in heyeah

17018712.jpg

Dammit... ok gimme the weekend to re-PM people and drum up support. I assume this means new league... anyone have any complaints on that?

BTW for the record if a new person wants a team a past person has had, Priority would go to the person who had the team before, but if you can come to an agreement that's ok.

EDIT: BTW this is all the people we had before...

The Frankman - The Frankman86 - Mets
LJ11 - LJ11 - Reds
Corran Horn - Corran - Giants
turnbuckle - Turnbuckle47 - Tigers
eznark - thekranz - Brewers
Dmncnby2k9 - Dmncby2k8 - Rangers
pistolpete2940 - pistolpete294 - Yankees

People who wanted in so far:
Duane Cunningham
Square Triangle
Marleyman
KanZolo (was in prior league)
ph33nix (connection issues)

People I'm waiting on a reply from
Mrbob - Busy
The_Inquisitor - Thinking about it once he gets back
BigNastyCurve
Macattk15
AnEternalEnigma (posted ad nauseum about game in Gaming Thread :p)
Sanjuro Tsubaki (COME BACK!!!)

Guys, make sure YOU ALL FRIEND EACH OTHER AND QUIT THE LEAGUE. I'm not sending out invites until then. I'll PM eznark or if he has AIM someone talk to him?

LJ11

We have 7 people, only one person dropped, we don't need more additions than the ones listed in "those who want in" category.

If Bob wanted in he would've posted a long time ago.

Reason I did it was because Dmncnby2k9 has PS3 issues (trying to get it fixed this weekend) and eznark is currently MIA until mid-June with the ban. I see his AIM so I'll try and contact it...

It's just precautionary, but I'd like to gauge interest just in case. This goes towards next year also.

KanZolo said:
I;m still interested. When would this league start and how many days do we have to play the series
I figure the same as last year, 3 game in 5 days. No auto-advance though, so I'll be willing to give people a day or two if things get hectic in real life. Once everyone quits league I start sending out invites to new league. I'm hoping it starts next Friday at the latest.

Did you guys quit the old league? I plan to start sending out stuff by Thursday. I have so far...

The Frankman - The Frankman86 - Mets
LJ11 - LJ11 - Reds
Corran Horn - Corran - Giants
turnbuckle - Turnbuckle47 - Tigers
eznark - thekranz - Brewers
Dmncnby2k9 - Dmncby2k8 - Rangers
pistolpete2940 - pistolpete294 - Yankees
Duane Cunningham
Square Triangle
Marleyman
KanZolo

Now that's 11, so I'll need whoever replies first of the remaining four:
The_Inquisitor
BigNastyCurve
Macattk15
AnEternalEnigma

Bold indicates Invite Accepted.

The Frankman - The Frankman86 --- Mets
LJ11 - LJ11 --- Reds
Corran Horn - Corran --- Giants
turnbuckle - Turnbuckle47 --- Tigers
eznark - thekranz --- Brewers
pistolpete2940 - pistolpete294 --- Yankees
Duane Cunningham - Swillhound --- Royals
Square Triangle - Jrod87 --- Cubs
Marleyman - cubsiahthe2nd --- Marlins
KanZolo - KanZolo --- Phillies

Invites have been sent out. LOG ON PEOPLE!

League Page here

bjscott05

Hey the show-gaf whats up? I would like to get in on this league if possible. I usually, well always, play with my red sox (born in Boston/ avid fan...see avatar) but I wouldn't mind playing with the Cardinals since I moved to stl and they are now my second team (MLB thread hates me). If neither of those work I might be willing to pick some random team. Check out my profile on the show community site to make sure I'm legit. bjscott05 on there too. Let me know if it works guys. Thanks

bjscott05 said:
Hey the show-gaf whats up? I would like to get in on this league if possible. I usually, well always, play with my red sox (born in Boston/ avid fan...see avatar) but I wouldn't mind playing with the Cardinals since I moved to stl and they are now my second team (MLB thread hates me). If neither of those work I might be willing to pick some random team. Check out my profile on the show community site to make sure I'm legit. bjscott05 on there too. Let me know if it works guys. Thanks
Yeah, we already started but if the league dissolves I'll let you know.

Corran Horn

bjscott05 said:
A real boston fan will only have nomar as their avatar.

Kanzolo I got your message and re-invited you.

Also if some of you are thinking of switching teams don't just leave the League. The commissioner can switch teams for players, so if you're thinking of working with someone to change teams just tell me the teams and I'll switch them for you.

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
Accepted invite, undecided on team. ><

You can take the tigers if you'd like, i'm gonna have to sit this one out. :(

I take it back, I'm still in the league :p Just haven't been home much at all this week to accept the invite.

Marleyman said:
I accepted and picked the Marlins. Are these rosters updated?

Edit: PSN ID is cubsiahthe2nd
This is OSFM 2.0 with full Gear and Stance edits by RNS and Beckham. We never use the Sony rosters because of the lack of real minor leaguers.

I'd like to get this league started by tomorrow, I think I'll post a new thread when it happens...

Marleyman

Banned
The Frankman said:
This is OSFM 2.0 with full Gear and Stance edits by RNS and Beckham. We never use the Sony rosters because of the lack of real minor leaguers.

I'd like to get this league started by tomorrow, I think I'll post a new thread when it happens...

Gotcha - I can handle that.

Duane Cunningham said:
I don't get it... I got the email from Frankman, but under Leagues>League Invitations, there's nothing. What am I doing wrong?
lemme resend one.

EDIT: Actually Press X, should give you an option.

Okay LJ11 is around so I know he'll be in. turnbuckle got it/hasn't been around but he'll join when he gets in. Waiting on Kanzolo to relog and pick a team.

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
Okay LJ11 is around so I know he'll be in. turnbuckle got it/hasn't been around but he'll join when he gets in. Waiting on Kanzolo to relog and pick a team.

I just checked and I didn't get an invite

turnbuckle said:
I just checked and I didn't get an invite
... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. okay logging on and sending. Weird.

EDIT: Your in-game name is Tbuc right? It says I sent you one already.

EDIT 2: no wonder, apparently that's not you. I sent you a Friend Request and and an Invite.

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. okay logging on and sending. Weird.

EDIT: Your in-game name is Tbuc right? It says I sent you one already.

EDIT 2: no wonder, apparently that's not you. I sent you a Friend Request.
Got friend request, waiting on invite. Gotta leave in a few though so hope it comes through soon

turnbuckle said:
Got friend request, waiting on invite. Gotta leave in a few though so hope it comes through soon
I sent you a PM, that is so weird. Who is that guy I thought was you? I apologize man, my bad.

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
I sent you a PM, that is so weird. Who is that guy I thought was you? I apologize man, my bad.
No idea, got invite and accepted! Tigers going all the way, verlander with the cy

Top Bottom