• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11 League: Starbucks Edition

SephriJ said:
I will be 30 in July, and PSN still won't be up yet. Also I will be gone around then so even if it is up, I will be out of town.
Actually they announced some features will be up the end of this week.

I got the game but don't have time to do this league...but if anyone ever sees me on and wants to play shoot me a message. york887

also, I'm finding that there's no real advantage to analog pitching...it seems less intuitive. I'm not alone on this right?

You know how I do.

I'm PMing people and I'll upload the name of the slider set/check with knight165/etc. on rosters.

EDIT: looks like no new roster was updated. The OSFM Opening Day is still the way to go I guess

You guys have to abandon the old league, you know.

I uploaded the slider set. It's called NeoGAF OS Sliders. As for rosters, I guess the O.S.F.M OpeningDay on is it.

Sanjuro

Frankman, those sliders are almost identical to what I used to start the season. I'm going to leave the main difficulty on All-Star. That is the only thing outstanding that seemed to be making a difference.

Sanjuro

I sent out invites. If you didn't get one message ASAP. I don't have everyone on your friends list. There are eight spots, gobble them up.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Frankman, those sliders are almost identical to what I used to start the season. I'm going to leave the main difficulty on All-Star. That is the only thing outstanding that seemed to be making a difference.
When you abandoned the league (and sent me a bs trade) I checked the sliders. The whole point of retweaking them was taking into the whole "camera thing" and results of the first couple of games into account, not to mention the RTTS stuff. I saw good things in what I tested.

Wait, what is on All-Star, Hitting? Contact can't be at 6 then. The point of raising contact/lowering power was to eliminate the whole "guy was 4 hits but 2 HR's" thing that happens all the time. In other words, more hits and less BS homers (you can hit homers on 0) so people now can make better contact on HoF. If you're making hitting All-Star, might as well drop Contact to Default then.

HoF Pitching/All-Star hitting is something I've heard make the rounds for awhile, tried it out and it's not bad at all. People will still strike out a ton and they have to accept that.

turnbuckle

Really, the difference between 1 point on the slider in either direction is so minor that it's not worth getting your panties in a bunch over. Settings sound fine. Just want to play some damned games. If we finish this league and decide it was too easy/too difficult we can maybe do a second season and adjust accordingly.

--

Eznark is banned? What for? Hopefully he's still in for the reboot.

turnbuckle said:
Really, the difference between 1 point on the slider in either direction is so minor that it's not worth getting your panties in a bunch over.
stopped reading right there:

... who are YOU to doubt El Dandy?

SephriJ

I didn't get the invite, I also just abandoned our dead league, not sure if that makes a difference or not, please send me an invite. Thanks.

Sanjuro

That's why I was hoping some of you would get on that day. I have finals this week and limited time with that lousy PSN nonsense. I did send one to both of you, not sure if the old league factors in. Will send again tomorrow.

SephriJ said:
Sanjuro, did you send the invite?? I am on right now and didn't see one. My PSN name is the same as this one.
Searching "Forming Leagues" and look for "the neogaf 1.1". Request an invite to that.

8 people... bleh. 32 TEAMS WOO WOO WOO!

I would mark out like a motherfucker if we could do that. I'm gonna try and see if I can get that done next league...

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
Wtf, I hardly visit the community tab so I had no idea this thread existed =D

PSN- Jrod87

I see you have a Verlander avatar...

Tiger's seat is taken, but you are more than welcome to use the Pittsburgh Pirates or Seattle.

turnbuckle said:
I see you have a Verlander avatar...

Tiger's seat is taken, but you are more than welcome to use the Pittsburgh Pirates or Seattle.
lol Pirates almost .500.
Frankman, we using Knights Roster?

Sanjuro

I sent out invites, if you have a problem or don't get it contact me. You can't request entrance into the league. It is like sending a postcard.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I sent out invites, if you have a problem or don't get it contact me. You can't request entrance into the league. It is like sending a postcard.
... are you serious? It's the same thing! Just accept the thing already, we know who the guy is, not like it's a blind invite.

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
... are you serious? It's the same thing! Just accept the thing already, we know who the guy is, not like it's a blind invite.
A request to be invited is simply a message. There is no accept function.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
A request to be invited is simply a message. There is no accept function.

Sometimes I sit around and wonder if San Diego Studios intentionally tries to hold themselves back so the next year's game has actual improvement.

What the fuck? Since when was that the case? Why is there a search league function to begin with?

Sanjuro

They do a terrible job. I'm still praying for the day a company starts developing a serious MLB game on the XBOX so I never have to use this PS3.

Even the schedule is foolish. I can't manually set it so we each play a series with one another, it is a series of random generated schedules which I have to mash the square button and pray that one team doesn't only face three teams or so.

League is up and ready though.

Me vs. SephriJ
LJ vs. Frankman
Corran vs. Turnbuckle
Dmncnby vs. Eznark

Holy crap did you see the massive fix they just implemented? I'm trying to find a link but LOL at some of the errors.

EDIT: not sure if it's an old one that's being retweaked... I see two different dates shown.

SephriJ

Sanj, when is a good time for you to defeat me, during the week, I have an odd schedule, but on the weekends I am usually best, except this weekend maybe. Maybe tomorrow actually. Let me know.

turnbuckle

I'm good most days after 9pm, mon and wednesday I can be on by 7ish. Good for any time today or tomorrow with advance notice.

Top Bottom